Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,704 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? (1076 Views)

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement / The Shelter Where Some Nigerians Are Living At Mississauga In Canada / 10 Reasons You Should Consider Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Lifetime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by nairavsdollars(f): 8:28pm On May 21, 2018
Why do some Nigerians have this childish mentality that traveling abroad is an achievement?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by soberdrunk(m): 8:34pm On May 21, 2018
........because it is, we all know it isn't every Emeka, Yakubu and Dapo that can hop on a plane and travel abroad angry I remember the first time my cousin Wale traveled to the US, he took so many pictures that scrolling through the pictures it seemed one was watching a video...... angry

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by Ugosample(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2018
It's actually an achievement to leave your country to go to another, visit and look around and broaden your mind

not everyone has the chance and resources to do so

So yes indeed, it's an achievement

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 21, 2018
Because am broke to even afford a plane ticket just like some other Nigerians, we live on minimum wage so if you could make it out the country and put that picture out on Facebook, we the broke set of Nigerians consider it an achievement because we don't earn enough to travel out unless ofcourse by chance of being trafficked or miraculous invitation.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by savio93(m): 11:57pm On May 21, 2018
It is an achievement sec to enter plane. Even if na domestic flight. Talk more of travelling to another country.
I personally look forward to the day I would leave this damn country. Chai... Ma me go Happy pass.
It's a damn Achievement
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by meobizy(f): 4:11am On May 22, 2018
Flip this question around and it's still an achievement.
In the white man's land they took it as a badge of honour to travel outside their immediate environment. Most told their friends of third hand accounts when a cousin or professor of theirs traveled to Ghana and co., enjoyed the beaches, the women and forests then caught malaria and was sent back home for treatment.
Re: Why Do Some Nigerians Consider Traveling Abroad As An Achievement? by yazzman(m): 9:38am On May 22, 2018
because travelling out seems to looks like the future and still staying here in naija looks like the past

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Requirements For Obtaining A Nigerian International Passport / Turkey Or Dubai? / Nigerian Man Hacked US Govt Site, Gave Family, Friends Permanent Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.