Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) (41787 Views)

Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car / Pastor Arrested For Collecting N28m From A Lady For Powerful Prayers / Woman Accuses Makeup Artists Of Stealing N28m After They Resigned, Arrests Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 5:51am On May 22, 2018
says Nigerian banks not secure
Deji Lambo

A hacker, Michael Williams, 28, has been arrested by the Lagos State Police Command for allegedly defrauding a car dealer, Abiogun Adewale, of N28m.

He was said to have paid the sum for a Porsche car through a fake electronic transfer.

The suspect, who was arrested in the Lekki area of Lagos, was paraded at the command headquarters, Ikeja, on Monday by the state Commissioner of Police, Edgal Imohimi.

Imohimi said the police received a petition against the suspect, who he described as a “professional hacker.”

He said, “My office received a complaint that there is a syndicate that buys exotic cars and configures a computer programme that sends a fake payment alert to the seller.

“The seller, upon receiving this alert, verifies the alert either through ATM or through Internet banking and then releases the car to the syndicate.

“In this case, when the car dealer went to his bank for his statement of account, it was discovered that the alert and transfer of N28m to his account was only a fake electronic transfer; the money did not register in his account.

“The modus operandi of this suspect is very interesting because he seems to have a very good mastery of the cyber environment. He also creates a credit card through software known as cyber-ghost 12. When the credit card matures, it is then funded through a hacked Swiss account. Any transaction anybody is doing through this Swiss account, the suspect manipulates it and wires the fund into his contrived credit card.

“The interesting part of this report is that the hacker has the ability to shut down the CCTV system of any organisation here in Nigeria for a period of 67 minutes. That is a window period during which any crime can be committed.”

Imohimi said the case was of importance to financial institutions, adding that Nigerian banks should employ certified hackers to secure their systems from hackers.

He added that further interrogation of the suspect would continue to get information of crimes he could commit through the Internet.

The former medical doctor was also said to have led detectives to Asaba, Delta State, and Owerri, Imo State, where two Camry cars he bought in a similar fashion, were recovered.

The suspect said he was eased out of the medical profession after he discovered a faster way of conducting Caesarean Section.

He said, “I have worked in three Lagos hospitals. The issue with Nigeria is that when they see that you are better, they look for a way to ease you out. After I was sent out, I secured a visa to Canada, where I acquired hacking expertise.”

He said his mode of operation involved, “creating a credit card or getting old credit cards online and funding them after monitoring transactions of Swiss code accounts of anybody making $1m or above $200m transaction.

He said, “I monitor movie actors and actresses in the US. I monitor a particular actor, who is based in America (US). He transfers money every week. I hacked into his Swiss code account, which involved breaking of 360 codes.

“I divert funds online into a secured credit card which I use to buy any kind of powerful software online and get more knowledge online.”

Williams said he had access to customers’ bank accounts and used their money for spending sprees with his credit cards.

He also said as a hacker, he could do anything online, adding that he bought goods worth not more than N30m with credit cards and made false payments in bits to unsuspecting victims.

The suspect said, “Banks in Nigeria are not like banks abroad.
“In Nigeria, you can sit down and do any kind of transfer. There are no certified hackers in banks here; there is nobody to secure you.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/punchng.com/cyber-hacker-defrauds-car-dealer-of-n28m/amp/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cvVXFZRJCE

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 6:02am On May 22, 2018
Here's the video.

I am surprised they allowed him to cover his face.

Let's know him to avoid him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 6:22am On May 22, 2018
cyber ghost 12. now you don teach one of two folks how to work. naija journalism and police force na trash..

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by EzendiEgo1: 7:23am On May 22, 2018
Sorry

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Abudu2000(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2018
This is how boiz cash out. But some low life fools think yahoo na ritual. I'm yet to see someone that comes here to say he does ritual or use girls

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by ijustdey: 10:19am On May 22, 2018
cc lalasticlala
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 10:40am On May 22, 2018
shocked
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by loadedvibes: 10:40am On May 22, 2018
I no get
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by NwaAmaikpe: 10:41am On May 22, 2018
shocked

I've always said Nigerian doctors are fraudsters and private clinics are extortion centres.
This doctor just proved me right.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by adeniyi3971(m): 10:41am On May 22, 2018
medicine no pay again **.... The guy really wanted to live large but he thought medicine will do it!!! instead of you to have gone into business, you wouldn't have wasted 2- 4 years of waiting for admission, 8years if studying medicine plus strike, 1year of house job, and 1 year NYSC!!!

bro you Bleep up!! you shouldn't have wasted all these years..

better still you should have started this stuff since

14 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Smartademu(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2018
This guy is a genius, his expertise should be directed into better ways like in security.

103 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by drey69(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2018
DAMN
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 10:42am On May 22, 2018
A doctor sad

If he had truly discovered a faster way to do a C-Section, as soon as he got kicked out of Nigeria because of corruption, why didn't he use his intelligence to patent his discovery in Canada? In countries like that, if you're truly a genius then they usually waste no time in accepting you. And he's proven that he's smart with his success in hacking. So why did he suddenly decide to go into crime?

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Skepticus: 10:42am On May 22, 2018
cool

When you are a genius at your craft, you get some accolades.

Who, in his sane mind would ever think, the Nigerian Police will allow you cover your face just like that.

Trust me, that guy will be left off the hook after sorting Federal SARS.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Nobody: 10:42am On May 22, 2018
Things are really changing.
A doctor?

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by inoki247: 10:43am On May 22, 2018
yay every body needs kwik moni no body wan dey work colet Loan for bank again...
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by ba7man(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2018
These are part of the "Lazy Nigerians" PMB was talking about. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by HOLYDICK(m): 10:43am On May 22, 2018
smooth criminal is what we call dis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by obembet(f): 10:44am On May 22, 2018
Seriously, Nigeria Need someone like this guy, though crime is crime but I hardly see any Nigeria IT that can do this... Shutdown CCTV for 62 min.. Wow.. I didn't encourage him oo but he deserve to work for EFCC

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by okomile(f): 10:44am On May 22, 2018
Not sure he will be prosecuted. His group will find a way to get him off the hook. Na naija we Dey.
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Wavygist: 10:44am On May 22, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Here's the video.

I am surprised they allowed him to cover his face.

Let's know him to avoid him.

This is his face

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by igwegeorgiano(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2018
eeya doc why did you "did" it ohhh sorry do it

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by frankmoney(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2018
This is to tell you guys involved in Yahoo aren't doing it because of no job but out of pure greed

7 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by doctimi(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2018
Medicine has never paid in Nigeria and It will never pay until we learn to value life and its existence.

9 Likes

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by deolurexy1(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2018
Na greed kill am

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Hallabee1(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2018
Ok
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Ejadike(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2018
Too bad he used his knowledge for criminal activities
Re: Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2018
Developed a faster, easier thus safer way to conduct C-section.

Went to Canada, and got hacking experience to commit crime instead of publicizing his "great discovery" and becoming an instant success worldwide.

Keep lying dude.

It is much easier for me to believe you're lying than to believe your village people twisted your brain upside down once you arrived in Canada.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leak Video: Nigeria Woman Caught Having S*x With Her Child In D Bush / 7 Women Arrested In Ondo For Prostitution And Child Trafficking / Trader Arrested For Gruesome Murder Of Austria-based Lover (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.