Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs (9914 Views)

NURTW Dissolves Lagos Council, Sack Mc Oluomo / APC Sweeps Lagos Council Polls As Results Trickle In / Lagos Council Suspends NUTRW, RTEAN Activities Over Gang War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by alphonsojaybaz: 7:33am On May 22, 2018
AMBODE INAUGURATES NEW LAGOS COUNCIL OF OBAS & CHIEFS
Source : http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/05/ambode-inaugurates-new-lagos-council-of.html?m=1

The Lagos State Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode inaugurated the newly constituted Lagos Council of Obas and Chiefs following the expiration of the tenure of the former Council after serving for five years in line with the law.

Ambode during the inauguration charged the traditional rulers to work towards ensuring peace and security and as well be at the forefront of correcting anti-social behaviors in their communities, saying peaceful atmosphere remains the necessary ingredient for development.

The Governor noted that traditional rulers also have a pivotal role to perform in promoting the State’s tourism campaign being the custodians of culture and tradition of the people. “Our government has immense regard for our Royal Fathers and Traditional Rulers and we always welcome advice from our royal fathers in order to maintain social harmony and ensure peaceful coexistence in our State,” he said.

He continued that; “I, therefore, use this opportunity to call on our Royal Fathers and Chiefs and the new leadership of the Council of Obas and Chiefs to continue to address anti-social behavior in their communities. The most important ingredient for development in the State is peace and security and you all have an important role to play in this.

“As custodians of the culture and tradition of our people, our royal fathers should also be at the forefront of the State’s tourism campaign. A significant aspect of tourism is our culture and historical sites which fall under your jurisdiction.”

He said regardless of the advent of modernism, the importance of traditional institution of kingship in the society could not be downplayed, noting that it remained a rallying point for the generality of the people.

Ambode therefore, urged members of the re-constituted Council to justify the confidence reposed in them by using their wealth of experience to support his administration in the task of deepening democracy and bringing development to every part of the State, just as he restated commitment to the welfare and activities of royal fathers in the State.

Besides, Governor Ambode commended members of the dissolved Council for serving the State with a high sense of patriotism during their five-year tenure, and urged the new Council to advise government rightly on matters relating to customary laws, cultural affairs, inter-communal relations and maintenance of public order in the State.

The new Council is made up of one Permanent Chairman in person of Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu; three Vice Chairmen, one Acting Vice Chairman and 77 members totaling 82 members.

“The composition of the new members is made to reflect the 20 Local Government Areas and 37 Local Council Development Areas, thereby allotting 15 members each to four divisions of the State and 21 members to Lagos Division due to its peculiarity,” the Commissioner for Local Government and Community Affairs, Mr Muslim Folami said in his remarks.

The Vice Chairmen are Akran of Badagry, De Wheno Aholu Menu-Toyi I; Ayangburen of Ikorodu, Oba Kabir Shotobi; Alara of Ilara, Oba A.O Adesanya; and Onigando of Igando, Oba Lasisi Gbadamosi.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41am On May 22, 2018
AMBODE IS WORKING

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by yemmight(m): 7:42am On May 22, 2018
Me I kuku don't know the importance of the Obas in our society.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by ybalogs(m): 7:42am On May 22, 2018
Traffic in Ikeja today between 12noon and 4pm in Ikeja will be acute, as Catholics in Lagos match to Alausa from St. Leo in protest of the killings in the country. Plan your movements profitably.

6 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Nobody: 7:42am On May 22, 2018
The Obas and chiefs should not relent in their efforts to curb crime by proactive community policing. They should also see their offices as avenues to improve the welfare of the People in their domain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by OfficialRasheed: 7:43am On May 22, 2018
As expected, we Yoruba muslims continue to dominate in terms of traditional rulers in Yoruba land.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Nobody: 7:43am On May 22, 2018
Meanwhile others are busy making divisions, Ambode is building bridges.

Ambode is working.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Philinho(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2018
Including Oba of Lagoon?... That man tho

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Lincoln275(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2018
hmmm! campaign mode activated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by ybalogs(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2018
yemmight:
Traditional rulers you mean??

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Jackyboy: 7:44am On May 22, 2018
ONA SURE SAY THIS GUY NA NIGERIAN? because THE WAY HE'S WORKING COMPARED TO HIS COUNTERPARTS.

LAGOS ANOTHER COUNTRY INSIDE NIGERIA.......KAI I WISH AM FROM LAGOS STATE.

WHERE BADDO CAN'T REACH ME OH grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Nobody: 7:45am On May 22, 2018
Royal fathers were once in control of these lands called Nigeria until we bring them back and get rid of some of these politicians we are going nowhere I see no royal father that will embezzle money leave his throne and flee Nigeria they have a lot to loose than politicians. Politicians are loyal to nobody

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by ybalogs(m): 7:45am On May 22, 2018
yemmight:
They Serve as the bridge between the people and Government mostly. The reason most of our politicians never wants to be in their bad book.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Nobody: 7:46am On May 22, 2018
Ok.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by maxtop(m): 7:46am On May 22, 2018
I really don't know there importance in the society except for the fact that they were being paid a huge some of money every month.

That Oba of Lagos is the head of agberos in Nigeria ...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Nobody: 7:47am On May 22, 2018
U are finished, so cos he inaugurated a mere council abi?
post=67768191:
AMBODE IS WORKING
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by okomile(f): 7:47am On May 22, 2018
He needs them to campaign for him in the next election. Lol
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by yemmight(m): 7:49am On May 22, 2018
ybalogs:
Traditional rulers you mean??

What's the difference?
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by eleko1: 7:51am On May 22, 2018
sad sad sad
ybalogs:
Traffic in Ikeja today between 12noon and 4pm in Ikeja will be acute, as Catholics in Lagos match to Alausa from St. Leo in protest of the killings in the country. Plan your movements profitably.
angry
ybalogs:
I pity those living in Dat Abilene Egba, iyana ipaja,Agee, Egbeda, Dopemu etc side
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by ybalogs(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2018
yemmight:

What's the difference?
Obas are for Yorubas.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by johnmartus(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2018
grin I thought I will see Eze of oshodi there .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by PVision2020(m): 8:04am On May 22, 2018
Why is there no Obi on the traditional council of Lagos. We will not take it. This is marginalization. shunkundi come and see o.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by QuickStandard: 8:19am On May 22, 2018
Go get your PVC.

Please for all your solar system solutions, inverters, UPS and batteries, call QSS.
We are professionals in installation, maintenance, service, repairs and sales.

We also buy used or condemned inverter batteries.

Call on 08163169605; 08020979952.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by meekah: 8:19am On May 22, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
As expected, we Yoruba muslims continue to dominate in terms of traditional rulers in Yoruba land.
SO HOW THOSE THIS YOUR SO CALL YORUBA MUSLIM DOMINATION HELP YOUR LIFE? ME THINK YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM INTELLECTUAL LAZINESS

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by Nobody: 8:29am On May 22, 2018
johnmartus:
grin I thought I will see Eze of oshodi there .

or the Igwe of Banana Island

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by nairavsdollars(f): 8:32am On May 22, 2018
Oba of Lagoon...i sight you

1 Like

Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by johnmartus(m): 8:33am On May 22, 2018
cheesy
TheCabal:

or the Igwe of Banana Island
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by alhacq(m): 8:52am On May 22, 2018
OfficialRasheed:
Kai! Must you comment? What has religious issue have to do with traditional institutions? And later we would be the first to condemn them. For your information I'm a Muslim also.
Re: Ambode Inaugurates New Lagos Council Of Obas & Chiefs by oskaroc08: 1:49pm On May 22, 2018
WILL U JUST SHUT UR MOUTH THERE....LIKE AS IF YOU PEOPLE GAVE US OR ALLOW US TO HAVE SUCH IN UR LANDS

PVision2020:
Why is there no Obi on the traditional council of Lagos. We will not take it. This is marginalization. shunkundi come and see o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Libya Floods: Nigeria Ready To Provide Support, Says Tinubu / Peter Obi To File Appeal At Supreme Court On Tuesday / "I Have No Intentions Of Joining APC'' - Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.