Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,493 members, 7,801,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? (28780 Views)

NMA Threatens To Embark On Strike If FG Yield To The Demands Of JOHESU / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! / Federal Health Workers Under The Umbrella Of JOHESU Embark On Indefinite Trike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by AgentGoat: 11:32am On May 22, 2018
grin
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by stunning4real: 11:33am On May 22, 2018
Teecomm:
They should accept MDs as their superior nih that's the solutiongrin

You can't compare a MD with a nurse, pharmacist etc
7years of study, and they've got experiences more than the rest
Let them even Bleep off, a MD will do their works for them buh they can't do the work of a MD....Simple!!grin
everyone is a professional in their field. Doctors cannot do without the nurses, vice versa

21 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Smartademu(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2018
Both the doctors and other medical health workers should know the patient is king and that they âre a team in the healthcare delivery process.

9 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by stunning4real: 11:34am On May 22, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Both are just fighting for their selfish interest.... That's all I have to say
that's not correct
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:35am On May 22, 2018
GavelSlam:
Accept the hierarchy within the medical establishment.

The doctor is supremo and must be at the top of the pyramid.

The doctor would always earn more and rightly so.

Other members of the enterprise must be adequately remunerated.

Everyone must come to terms with his/her role, importance and collaborative necessity.

Bros, you know say you be my man, but this one pass you.
Abi u b dokita

4 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Amarabae(f): 11:36am On May 22, 2018
tsquaure:
Dont worry Johesu . Many more docs will leave the shores of this country . I just pity the ordinary nigerians who will be left to d caprices of nurses and pharmacists.
It is only in my country nurses n pharmacists claim to know what d doctors does except for surgery. Una go dey alrighr las las
That is how one nurse almost killed during nysc because she claimed to know more that d nysc doctor . I spent more days in the hospital flushing out d drug she administered as i had a bad reaction to it .
What a forged lie.
Maybe you met an auxiliary and auxiliaries are not nurses but quacks.
Try another lie.
And where exactly did the "nurse" gave you the drugs?
In a hospital?
Answer me, let's take it up from here

15 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Dextre(m): 11:38am On May 22, 2018
[quote author=xreal post=67774506]CONMESS and CONHESS thing is a scam initiated by the then minister of health(Kuti) who was a doctor.

They should be on same salary scale.
Differences can come in allowances and not basic salary scale.

A doctor shouldn't be superior to other health workers.

The difference is just too much.[/quot

They should...its only in this shithole country that this kind of unnecessary thing will be happening

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by stunning4real: 11:38am On May 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

you know that will never happen.I am not a medical doctor but it would be grossly unfair to suggest Doctors should earn same thing as lab scientists or nurses.It is even laughable to suggest.Go on strike from now until 2028 it wont happen.It takes a lot to become a medical Doctor.If there are to nearn the same thing peope would rather chose to become lab scientists or nurses than to go through the rigours that it takes to become a medical Doctor.
Doctors can never be on the same salary scale with other health workers. like you said if they like they should go on 50 yrs strike. But entrance scale level should( although its been done by Lagos state govt) be considered

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by pxjosh(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2018
Fight don start for this thread be that. Let me tag all the relevant stakeholders in this civil war.

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 11:40am On May 22, 2018
Study comparative analytics of other countries working models...make local recommendations based on study. negotiate. keep negotiating...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by teflondoncuzo(m): 11:40am On May 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

you know that will never happen.I am not a medical doctor but it would be grossly unfair to suggest Doctors should earn same thing as lab scientists or nurses.It is even laughable to suggest.Go on strike from now until 2028 it wont happen.It takes a lot to become a medical Doctor.If there are to nearn the same thing peope would rather chose to become lab scientists or nurses than to go through the rigours that it takes to become a medical Doctor.

Stop these nonsense talk , do u know how hard it is to go through nursing school , u might not even scale through

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by wale2020: 11:40am On May 22, 2018
Get your PVC and vote out these vision-less rulers. 'Everything rises and falls on visionary leadership'....... Adewale
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by xreal: 11:41am On May 22, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Do you know the rigours pharmacist go through before being certified? Same goes to medical health records professionals who renew their certificates every year (either employed or not).

Relate with the physiotherapist, Radiologist and you will know how vital their role is in the hospital.

Don't let us mention nurses.

Being a medical doctor is by choice, just as being a medical laboratory scientist is.

Discrimination shouldn't be that obvious in a government established hospital.

Yes, doctors can earn more from call duty allowances, pharmacist also run call, virtually most of these professionals run one of either overtime, call, and so on. The difference can come from there and not salary scale.

Also if I am a Radiologist, let an experienced radiologist head my department and not a medical doctor.

I am sure if JOHESU keeps quiet as they had been, a medical doctor will head the works department ( if that hasn't been happening already).

16 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Teecomm(m): 11:41am On May 22, 2018
stunning4real:
everyone is a professional in their filed. Doctors cannot do without the nurses, vise versa

Yeah
They can do what all those people could do....It's this Division of Labour that is making problem rise up jare
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by xreal: 11:44am On May 22, 2018
teflondoncuzo:

Stop these nonsense talk , do u know how hard it is to go through nursing school , u might not even scale through

No be person wey gain admission go think of scaling through?

Let him even gain admission first.

4 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by hinograce: 11:45am On May 22, 2018
Nigeria! Sometime I sincerely wish I wasn't Nigerian. Everyone, every institution, every tribe, everybody is so self centered not caring about how to help humanity but how they stand to gain. We hear of medical doctors in other climes going on strike and fighting for the rights and privileges of other health workers. Here is different. Wish we had people like ELIJA, Elisha,Jesus etc in this era to proclaim order and sanity else face wrath. It just beats my imagination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by fumebi: 11:45am On May 22, 2018
Are doctors and other medical staffs in private hospitals having this problem? Are private hospitals on strike?
Let's the public hospitals be privatised.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by cooltony09: 11:45am On May 22, 2018
tsquaure:
Dont worry Johesu . Many more docs will leave the shores of this country . I just pity the ordinary nigerians who will be left to d caprices of nurses and pharmacists.
It is only in my country nurses n pharmacists claim to know what d doctors does except for surgery. Una go dey alrighr las las
That is how one nurse almost killed during nysc because she claimed to know more that d nysc doctor . I spent more days in the hospital flushing out d drug she administered as i had a bad reaction to it .

The grass is greener for every medical personnel on the other side...Not just doctors grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by yefasolution: 11:45am On May 22, 2018
This is a selfish and unprofessional talk. Have you made your research on other countries health administration and wages structures?
Can a doctor work without others.
In a saner clime... you'll see a team of medical professionals including doctors, nurses, pharmacists and others working to solve health issues.
But here in Nigeria, doctors see nurses and other health practitioners as slaves or errand people who they can order around.
The bogus salary they earn gives them the advantage to study more, research,attend conferences and seminars...but other health workers are paid lower that they can't afford to upgrade on their expertise...
A few to mention among these challenges that should be tackled once and for all the health sector
GavelSlam:
Accept the hierarchy within the medical establishment.

The doctor is supremo and must be at the top of the pyramid.

The doctor would always earn more and rightly so.

Other members of the enterprise must be adequately remunerated.

Everyone must come to terms with his/her role, importance and collaborative necessity.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by mfm04622: 11:46am On May 22, 2018
Amarabae:

Whether they see other as team members or not does not matter,
What matters is Johesu getting justice.
I am happy that Nigerians are now aware of the mess in the health sector and the cause.
How one profession want to suppress other professions is shocking.

So you want to earn same amount with doctors? Do you think it is fair for you a lab technician that spent 3 years in school and a doctor that spent 6 to earn the same?
When it comes to administration of hospitals, yes doctors should not be head of hospitals. Doctors don't have any advantage over other professionals when it comes to managing hospitals.

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by yefasolution: 11:48am On May 22, 2018
Thank you,
This is it....
Jman06:
By sacking the minister of health and appointing an unbiased healthcare administrator who is not a medical doctor.

By sacking all the Chief medical directors of our public hospitals and appointing unbiased managers with qualifications in Management.

By creating separate directorates for the different professional groups rendering expert services in the hospitals e.g, directorate of medical services (to be headed by a physician), directorate of nursing services to be headed by a nurse, directorate of pharmaceutical services to be headed by a Pharmacist, directorate of med lab services to be headed by a medical lab scientist etc.

All the heads of directorate will enjoy equal rights and privileges and will be answerable to the Manager.

The different professional groups should be given the opportunity to grow in their fields and earn a decent living just as what obtains in the international community.

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 22, 2018
It's a very simple matter. 1st of all by voting the clueless government out. The president lack the political will to position our health system for good service delivery.
The hospital administration system should reflect what it is the world over.
Experienced and qualified health administrators should head our hospitals and the ministry of health.
Different directorates should be created to be headed by members of such professions. e.g
Directorate of clinical or medical services to be headed by drs
Directorate of pharmaceutical services to be headed by pharmacists.
Nursing services to be headed by nurses.
Medical laboratory services to be headed by laboratory scientist's.

The patient should be seen to be at the centre of a team with every team member contributing or working to improve the patient's health outcome and quality of life.
Lastly, health workers should be able to head their ministry or any other qualified health administrator. After all it's called the ministry of health not ministry of drs or medical services.

The best health indices Nigeria ever had in history was under Prof Eyitayo Lambo who was neither a health worker nor a medical dr but an astute health administrator. That's what he is trained to do so our hospitals should be left in their hands with every directorates taking instructions from them.
Among the comity of nations only Nigeria does the same thing over and over again and expect different result. It's unfortunate!

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 11:52am On May 22, 2018
uuu
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by omojeesu(m): 11:53am On May 22, 2018
Ugomba:
I just learnt that the health workers are on strike,
I have been researching about the issue,
I am in the law profession. so I am neutral here,
Tell us how this issue of N.M.A Vs Johesu can be solved,
Make a suggestion on how the mess in the health sector can be cleared up.
Let's hear your opinions

Privatization of the services!

1 Like

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by mfm04622: 11:53am On May 22, 2018
xreal:

Do you know the rigours pharmacist go through before being certified? Same goes to medical health records professionals who renew their certificates every year (either employed or not).

Relate with the physiotherapist, Radiologist and you will know how vital their role is in the hospital.

Don't let us mention nurses.

Being a medical doctor is by choice, just as being a medical laboratory scientist is.

Discrimination shouldn't be that obvious in a government established hospital.

Yes, doctors can earn more from call duty allowances, pharmacist also run call, virtually most of these professionals run one of either overtime, call, and so on. The difference can come from there and not salary scale.

Also if I am a Radiologist, let an experienced radiologist head my department and not a medical doctor.

I am sure if JOHESU keeps quiet as they had been, a medical doctor will head the works department ( if that hasn't been happening already).

Yes, professionals in that field should head each team. Also, Doctors don't have any advantage over other professionals when it comes to heading or managing health institutions. However, you shouldn't demand for same salary structure as doctors. Each professionals cadre should negotiate their salary structure without caring what others are earning. Radiologist, pharmacists, Nurses, lab technicians shouldn't demand for what doctors earn. Doctors shouldn't encroach on other professionals functions.

7 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by IME1: 11:54am On May 22, 2018
Babybush:
1. Let the government hand over hospital administration to administrators. It's obvious doctors are bad administrators
2. Let medical doctors see other health professionals as team members and not rivals

This is apt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 22, 2018
thinking
Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by vitaminA: 11:56am On May 22, 2018

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by DjSwaga(m): 11:57am On May 22, 2018
Hello,which work do u do? I love the way u defend our JOHESU

Amarabae:

Whether they see other as team members or not does not matter,
What matters is Johesu getting justice.
I am happy that Nigerians are now aware of the mess in the health sector and the cause.
How one profession want to suppress other professions is shocking.

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by HillsBlaze(m): 11:58am On May 22, 2018
Start by running the hospitals as businesses cos that's what they are. Our hospitals generate a lot of money and can pay their staff and still have enough for investments in human and capital endeavors.

Allow all professionals to be 'interdependent' on each other ie by allowing each to have a directorate that forms the management board head by a hospital administrator who can come from any of the professions but must have gone through certification of atleast masters in hospital administration who are now answerable to the hospital board.

There should be one salary structure in the healthcare system and Pay salaries according to the work volume of each professional. A doctor can't earn the same pay as a nurse likewise a general practitioner (MD) should not be earn same pay as a surgeon or critical care nurse earning same pay as a general Nurse same to be applied to the other professions but the disparity should not be unequal or unfair.

Ensure that there are mechanisms put in place that allows all professionals get to the pinnacle of their career.

Ensure that training funds are not one-sided and not only available to one profession.

Invest in the the infrastructure of the healthcare industry.

8 Likes

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Deniceone: 11:58am On May 22, 2018
Kindly read through and see what JOHESU is asking for. Tell me its not fair! The difference is clear even in the johesu proposed salary.

PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THE OLD COMESS AND OLD CONHESS:

COMESS 3 (which is the starting point for doctors) #260,865.58
CONHESS 7 (which is the starting point for some health workers like accountant etc) #118,765.
(difference of #142,100.00) 120% difference.

CONHESS 9 (which is another starting point for health workers eg pharmacist etc) #161,670.33.
(difference 99,195.25) 61% difference.

NOW LETS STILL COMPARE THE SALARY OF A NEWLY EMPLOYED DOCTOR ABOVE WITH A HEALTH WORKERS THAT HAVE SPENT 6 TO 9 YEARS IN SERVICE WHICH IS CONHESS 11.

CONHESS 11:#223,345.58 (difference of #37,520.00) 17% difference.

ABOVE IS FOR OLD CONMESS AND OLD CONHESS....

TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW CONMESS AND PROPOSED CONHESS BY JOHESU, PLS SIR I WILL STILL WANT YOU TO COMPARE THIS NEW CONMESS WITH THE OLD CONHESS THAT JOHESU IS PRESENTLY RECEIVING NOW....

NEW CONMESS 3 :# 312,944.83.

PROPOSED CONHESS 7: #165,541.08
(difference of #147,403.75)
89%difference.

PROPOSED CONHESS 9: #190,227.25 (difference of #122,717.58)
65% difference.

PROPOSED CONHESS 11:
#255,184.83.
(difference of #57,760.00)
23% difference.

I WANT TO ALSO WRITE THAT OF THE ZENITH OF BOTH PROFESSION :

OLD CONMESS 7: #704,209.08
OLD CONHESS 15: #476,855.00
(DIFFERENCE #227,354.08)
48% DIFFERENCE.

NEW CONMESS 7:
#999,698.50
PROPOSED CONHESS 15:
#697,024,42.
(difference of #302,674.08)
43% Difference

now did NMA see the parity they have been singing with

I TOOK OUT MY PRECIOUS TIME TO HIGHLIGHT THIS FIGURES OUT because WHEN I AM TALKING I LIKE WORKING WITH FACT because THE TRUTH CAN'T BE HIDDEN.
#copied

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Suggestion On How To Solve The NMA Vs Johesu Issue? by Amhappy(f): 11:59am On May 22, 2018
Bring in Hospital Administrators to head government hospitals. For a start i suggest Indians and watch how our hospitals will suddenly become productive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

NDLEA Boss Knocks Adekunle Gold, Burna Boy, Others For Glorifying Drug Abuse / Diphtheria: States Consider Facemasks As Cases Escalate / Potential 3rd Wave Of COVID-19 In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.