Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,300 members, 7,780,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:03 PM

National Science Guild... Welcome - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / National Science Guild... Welcome (4521 Views)

How To Be Eligible For MTN Welcome Back Offer / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back 4gb For 1000, 1gb For 200 And 250mb For 100 Nai / Welcome To The Deepest Hole In The World!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 11:49am On May 22, 2018
OK no need to go into too much talk afterall many people on nairaland don't like reading long story.

so here it goes. this an attempt to unite all science heads here in nairaland and Nigeria in general toward a productive front. we don't have to wait for the government to initiate anything because that day will never come.
if the guys in the entertainment and social media world can do it on their own without any help so can we.

so here is how it is going to work, if you have any idea or invention you have in mind but lack the skill or finance to achieve it, drop it here and seek partner or partners who can assist skills or financial wise.
there is no need trying to work alone an later get stuck halfway.
I remembered Perkins here and one other nairalander both working separately on jet engine later both got stuck halfway imagine if they are both working together and combine their ideas, time, effort and resources it would have been a complete jet engine.

How is it going to work? post your idea, then let those who are interested show interest, then you guys form a Whatsapp group specifically for the project and work your way from there.

Also when say I said science head I don't mean you have to be super smart like jonnydon22 or some of those science big heads here, all you need is a seed an idea and the zeal to achieve something great scientifically.

I will be updating this thread periodically.

OK for people asking for the link here it is. please no spamming of the link as the rules of the house will be very strict.
https:///DKpbVd1fhVY61tE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Tribenigeria: 11:54am On May 22, 2018
Blakjewelry:
OK no need to go into too much talk afterall many people on nairaland don't like reading long story.

so here it goes. this an attempt to unite all science heads here in nairaland and Nigeria in general toward a productive front. we don't have to wait for the government initiate anything because that day will never come.
if the guys in the entertainment and social media world can do it on their own without any help so can we.

so here is how it is going to work, if you have any idea or invention you have in mind but lack the skill or finance to achieve it, drop it here and seek partner or partners who can assist skills or financial wise.
there is no need trying to work alone an later get stuck halfway.
I remembered Perkins here and one other nairalander both working separately on jet engine later both got stuck halfway imagine if they are both working together and combine they ideas, time, effort and resources it would have been a complete jet engine.

How is going to work? post your idea, then let those who are interested show interest, then you guys form a Whatsapp group specifically for the project and work your way from there.

Also when say I said science head I don't mean you have to be super smart like jonnydon22 or some of those science big heads here, all you need is a seed an idea and the zeal to achieve something great scientifically.

I will be updating this thread periodically.

Seen

1 Like

Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2018
Tribenigeria:

Seen
Thanks bro.
Update OK like I said I will be updating the thread from time to time. Though I was expecting more response from the tech guys probably they have all migrated to the romance section lol anyway let me continue.

OK let's go. First and foremost, we should know that the primary goal is to make science and technology attractive to the people and the only way we can achieve that is to commercialize it, make lucrative and sellable and the only way we can achieve that is by working together.

Take for instance if you want to build a car, instead of making one of those scrap metal I usually see been produce by even uni grad students, why not indicate it here and let the graphic designers come in. They indicate interest, you pick your group create your whatsapp group, they design different killer and sexy model and you guys pick the best and most classic design and go for it.
After building the body, the engineers in the house can get creative. They can build a modified engine be it fuel, solar or wind (I actually dreaming of experimenting on wind powered car or train) powered car and come out with something unique.
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 10:00am On Jun 01, 2018
As the op let me drop my request..
Skill required- I will need database and software developers to show interest.

Nature of the work- it will be a platform designed to bring the police and dss in Nigeria and other African countries up to date with their counterparts in the developed world if they can key into it. So it is very much sellable.
It will give them speedy access to information and other key infos I will share on the group. Indicate your interest here and join the chat https:/// taking off the link for now due people taking advantage of the group

The platform will run a core banking system like program with a server in the force headquarters and I have work out how the platform should look and function like come in let's discuss

And also you are only to work on your spare time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by bqlekan(m): 7:45am On Jul 22, 2018
quite surprising how this thread is not swarming with science session hot heads already. I think everyone is wary of their idea being stolen. We don't know who is viewing this thread. I think a close group on any other social media platform will give everyone a bit of assurrance. @blakjewelry
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
bqlekan:
quite surprising how this thread is not swarming with science session hot heads already. I think everyone is wary of their idea being stolen. We don't know who is viewing this thread. I think a close group on any other social media platform will give everyone a bit of assurrance. @blakjewelry
am really surprised too, on the issue of idea been stolen, the plan is not to give much information here, they can just give a preview and those who are interested will indicate interest and a Whatsapp group will created for that purpose and it will available for only in that particular project.
actually I wanted to do this and other scientific project on it own platform but since that one is coming late I decided to this first
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by hunter21(m): 8:27pm On Jul 29, 2018
Good evening gentlemen, I posted this earlier on another thread
I am in the process of developing a new energy technology that is potentially worth billions of dollars if my theory is proving right after I finish constructing the first prototype. The technology I'm developing increases fuel efficiency to over 7000 times that of generators operated by steam engines, piston engines and gas turbines.
When I say energy, i mean electricity. What it means is that the fuel used to power a 3KVA household generator can be used to power a whole city.
Without disclosing to much information however a major component of the device I'm building is still unavailable to due to financial and logistic reasons, the component is vanadium dioxide. I need 2 units of vanadium dioxide discs with the following specifications:
Diameter: 9cm
Height: 1cm
If you are in the position to help me procure this materials and interested in investing in this project please indicate.
Wattsapp: 08080347015
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by hunter21(m): 9:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
The thing is the material I need to procure is not available in Nigeria and manufacturers outside the country want to sell at wholesale price Which is very expensive, a manufacturers from China gave me I quote of $3100. I need a contact from USA, Germany or china who can get the material at cheaper rate and send through DHL.
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by badthinds: 6:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
Blakjewelry:

... Though I was expecting more response from the tech guys probably they have all migrated to the romance section lol anyway let me continue.

This is because nairaland is not tech-friendly... Have you ever seen a source code on nairaland? LOL. That's because it is just a simple forum.
Go the the section titled "Programming" - if you're a programmer, you'll definitely be disappointed! And migrate to Romance grin

My Suggestion

I almost gave up on hardware stuff with my formulas and diagrams lying everywhere on my desk.

I swore to build a big multipurpose lab and music studio grin before building my personal house in the same compound so my kids (if I reconsider having them) would not face what I've faced. I hate limits!

This has made me stick to everything that can have labs in computers (currently) eg Compilers/interpreters grin, FL Studio, Caustic etc...

I am a computer programmer and web developer - and if everyone is to think based on the fields they're most conversant with, I'll say we create a closed/restricted platform maybe called "NSG" where accessibility will be 100% limited to like-minded us.

"NSG" would be accessed from the Web, Android/IOS apps, Windows Application, The Tor Network (dark web) etc...
Many advanced features will be built into "NSG" to make life easier for us, eg innovation type-based sections for Electricity alternatives/improvement, Electronic devices, Mechanical devices which may be further divided into Locomotives(land, air, water/underwater) and non-locomotives...

Edit:
The idea of "NSG" is to tackle concerns/issues raised by people like hunter21, bqlekan etc... Concerning patent/theft issues as we can closely work with patent agencies (I had a lengthy chat with my elder brother who is actually a lawyer and specializes is stuff like this)
. With a closed system, for example, if someone steals your idea, trust me, people like me will investigate such idea and the thief and would bring such a person to justice.
Even though such things hardly work in Nigeria, we'll try our best as a community.

Nairaland may continually be used even after completion of the suggested "NSG" due to certain reasons tho more technical discussions, innovations/ideas will be on the "NSG" once complete.

Back to the mata. Lets not wait for the Government, they're busy focussing on parties - political parties grin

Hmmm... Ok lemme pause.

Nice work OP.

Sincerely, badthinds

1 Like

Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by badthinds: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
Blakjewelry:
As the op let me drop my request..
Skill required- I will need database and software developers to show interest.

Nature of the work- it will be a platform designed to bring the police and dss in Nigeria and other African countries up to date with their counterparts in the developed world if they can key into it. So it is very much sellable.
It will give them speedy access to information and other key infos I will share on the group. Indicate your interest here and join the chat https:/// taking off the link for now due people taking advantage of the group

The platform will run a core banking system like program with a server in the force headquarters and I have work out how the platform should look and function like come in let's discuss

And also you are only to work on your spare time

Na Naija dey dull itself, unlike countries that understand the fact that they can have access to big information from telecommunication industries, we tend to undermine what we can do with them.

For example, Surveillance tools works perfectly in such country... If you can and have facilities for instance to really track phone calls, fighting crime will be much easier... Come to Naija, even common walkie talkie is an issue... I'm almost sure operating a device as simple as a walkie talkie will give some of this our yeye officers headache.

Well,

I couldn't even visit the link you posted due to nairaland's hostility...this is why I suggested an independent closed platform invented/created by us for flexibility.

I'm interested in helping this your idea tho.
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2018
badthinds:

OK I will try and provide answer to some of concerns you raised.

first and foremost I think we share a lot in common, I have the idea of building a monster lab were anybody can carry out his research freely.

then the issue of building a community of like mind, yeah I have similar thing worked out. but instead of a total closed community, I wanted to be somewhat like nairaland because I want it to be able to provide a learning platform for both primary, secondary tertiary institutions, though the work space or online lab space should require special access.
I have the topic drawn out I can share it you later, I am no longer afraid of my work being stolen I just want to cause a change and I named the project " niresearchlab" and if we decide to work together we can share idea and make modifications.

on the issue of people protecting their work, I have taught about that forehand. if you read through this thread, you will notice I suggested that anybody posting his/her project shouldn't give deep details but just general overview. two whoever that is interested should indicate so, then they create a separate Whatsapp group just for that particular project and it should be only for the participants.
now the reason I left the patent right issue out of it first is because you know the idea had to work first first and there are going to be many trial and failure so you must get it right before we can think of that aspect.

I think I have address some of the issues raised if there is anything more you can ask. as for the link not working, I purposely alter it. immediately I posted it some idiotic scammers on nairaland started spamming the group though it was suppose to be base on invitation.

I will pm you now, and don't mind the write up I am typing from a phone
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2018
badthinds:

hello I sent you a pm concerning your post on that tech thread am still expecting your reply
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by badthinds: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2018
Blakjewelry:

hello I sent you a pm concerning your post on that tech thread am still expecting your reply
Yeah, I'm having issues accessing the email I used for this account. I even tried accessing it yesterday or so
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
badthinds:
Yeah, I'm having issues accessing the email I used for this account. I even tried accessing it yesterday or so
OK I will post the link to the group I created for 24hrs then I will remove it. the last time I did some people wanted to spam the group so I had to take it down.
https:///IWX5a6ChNt97
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
Blakjewelry:

OK I will post the link to the group I created for 24hrs then I will remove it. the last time I did some people wanted to spam the group so I had to take it down.
https:///IWX5a6ChNt9747LeZ68ZkI
I love this thread. Please, add me to the WhatsApp group; my phone number is in my signature.
Thanks
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by strenghtt: 9:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
Hello, is this group still active? How can I join?..... This is d type of idea I have been thinking about where different talents can come together to solve a big problem in the society like Nigeria from science point of view since the government is not ready to tap into the potential of HUMAN RESOURCES its blessed with. In the plan, I was planning to name the group that would b formed " BANK OF TALENTS "or " BANK FOR TALENTS " just like we have bank for blood, bank for money e.t.c. Its good to see that GOD is dropping the same idea in someone like d OP
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by badthinds: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2018
Blakjewelry:

Sorry for bothering you, I missed it again.

Please do send the link to badthinds(at)india.com.

Thanks.
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by strenghtt: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2018
If still active.....can send it to me too
jetplain39@gmail.com
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2018
badthinds:

Sorry for bothering you, I missed it again.

Please do send the link to badthinds(at)india.com.

Thanks.
already sent it to your mail. or you can just click on the link to join, and please remove the link from your mention. scammers are already invading the group
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 9:34pm On Sep 30, 2018
strenghtt:
If still active.....can send it to me too

jetplain39@gmail.com
sorry I intend for it to be a close group, as in only those with specific skill or a financial is allowed on a project. you can follow the thread if anything comes up that you can contribute directly, then you can join. so for this particular project, it is either a programmer or you want to contribute financially
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 9:42pm On Sep 30, 2018
gensteejay:

I love this thread. Please, add me to the WhatsApp group; my phone number is in my signature.
Thanks
I am sorry I intended the Whatsapp group for programmers still tune I will keep you updated. and please edict your mention to remove the Whatsapp link to avoid scammers from intruding
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by 10mobile: 8:44am On Nov 01, 2018
Blakjewelry:
scammers are already invading the group
Kudos 4 ur uniqueness. I just found this. My take is that constant fear of scam will only cripple this nice idea. After all, there's no foolproof way to tell who'd scam you or not even in the most closed online/offline group. Instead, let us all think of creating a system that is secure and also makes this idea attractive to both financiers and prospective inventors while re-assurring all parties. This is VERY possible and will only take thinking it through. Indeed, if we are thinkers as we obviously think, let's take this up as our first task. The more open this is, the more quantity & quality of inputs to xpect. & there can be no concern about stealing this. If we insist on doing this without giving up, one day it will be said that we emancipated the Black Race. cc gensteejay Strenghtt badthinds hunter21 bqlekan Tribenigeria jonnydon22
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by badthinds: 11:45am On Nov 07, 2018
Blakjewelry, was the whatsapp group moved or something?
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by masterkeydon(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2018
This is a wonderful place to be. I have an invention that has a patent right already but got stucked due to finances and some other things. My gadget is environmentally friendly and could create jobs for thousands of young People across Africa as a whole. I attended the 2017 science expo. Early indication were that the government might offer grants to outstanding inventions, but the reverse was the case. offcourse, we know it is a trait common to our leaders. They are always reactive instead of being proactive. Hope to see my destiny HELPERS HERE. philiptechpoint@yahoo.com
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 10:01pm On Nov 09, 2018
masterkeydon:
This is a wonderful place to be. I have an invention that has a patent right already but got stucked due to finances and some other things. My gadget is environmentally friendly and could create jobs for thousands of young People across Africa as a whole. I attended the 2017 science expo. Early indication were that the government might offer grants to outstanding inventions, but the reverse was the case. offcourse, we know it is a trait common to our leaders. They are always reactive instead of being proactive. Hope to see my destiny HELPERS HERE. philiptechpoint@yahoo.com
https:///DKpbVd1fhVY61t
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by pakingzzzz: 11:07am On Nov 13, 2018
This is a good thread.
I am on to some project that is generally regarded as weird. It cuts down the cost of producing electricity. Efficiency might still go all the way up. But I will still keep pushing the limits
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 9:58pm On Nov 13, 2018
pakingzzzz:
This is a good thread.
I am on to some project that is generally regarded as weird. It cuts down the cost of producing electricity. Efficiency might still go all the way up. But I will still keep pushing the limits
cool. I wanted to add you to the group but it seems the number I have is not on Whatsapp. think we can work together
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by iamdannyfc(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2018
@blakjewelry

Would love to be a fellow.... Been looking for something like this for a very long time

My number: 08182630829
really glad
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by pakingzzzz: 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2018
Blakjewelry:

cool. I wanted to add you to the group but it seems the number I have is not on Whatsapp. think we can work together

You can add this 08054698505
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Fidelismaria: 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
This thread still active?
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by blessedvisky(m): 11:26pm On Sep 30, 2019
Fidelismaria:
This thread still active?
Fizzled out
Re: National Science Guild... Welcome by Blakjewelry(m): 1:03am On Oct 01, 2019
blessedvisky:
Fizzled out
not really

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etisalat 0.0kobo Unlimited Free Browsing Using Psiphon Vpn / Building Management System (bms) / Latest MTN Cheat – Get MTN 120GB Of Free Data Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.