Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! (837 Views)

Marcelo Set To Depart Real Madrid After 15 Years / Lionel Messi's Images Being Removed From Nou Camp / Mikel And Onazi Pose Together As They Set To Depart For Russia(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 2:25pm On May 22, 2018
One of Barcelona's greatest of all time Andres Iniesta stayed behind at Camp Nou after farewell ceremony given to him.it was said that the Iconic midfielder remained in the field until the early hours of the next day.- Iniesta made Lopetegui's squad for the World Cup in Russia, it is said to be his last world for his national side.
The Spanish international played his last game for the club in the 1-0 victory over Real Sociedad on Sunday at the Nou Camp. The fans and the supporters were filled with tears on the final day.

The 34-year-old who has played over 600 matches in 22 years at the club, held back tears as he made his way off the pitch late on as the fans gave him a standing ovation. Iniesta was later given a guard of honour by the entire team and addressed the crowd after the match as the emotional farewell ceremony continued. It was reported that Iniesta stayed behind on the pitch that he has graced for so many years as his teammates and supporters made their way home.

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by oshe11: 2:27pm On May 22, 2018
Lovely
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 2:32pm On May 22, 2018
oshe11:
Lovely
believe me it was painful..... sad sad sad sad
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by oshe11: 2:36pm On May 22, 2018
Infonews2:
believe me it was painful..... sad sad sad sad
Yeah.....
It ain't easy
I watched it, he was even crying and reminiscing when he was subbed.....

Very Emotional
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Lekan1o1: 2:42pm On May 22, 2018
Chai!!. When this guy was young for camp nou who u be ?
His balance dribble and shot. Were top notch.
Na baba God pass us shaa
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by thesicilian: 2:44pm On May 22, 2018
Iniesta. One of the synonyms for the word 'legend'

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 2:46pm On May 22, 2018
oshe11:

Yeah.....

It ain't easy

I watched it, he was even crying and reminiscing when he was subbed.....

Very Emotional

after all this 16years.. it feels like a home

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 2:46pm On May 22, 2018
Lekan1o1:
Chai!!. When this guy was young for camp nou who u be ?
His balance dribble and shot. Were top notch.
Na baba God pass us shaa

but right now he has to leave...i thought he would not leave after signing a lifetime contract with the club!!
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 2:47pm On May 22, 2018
thesicilian:
Iniesta. One of the synonyms for the word 'legend'

I can't doubt you at all... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Lekan1o1: 2:57pm On May 22, 2018
Infonews2:

but right now he has to leave...i thought he would not leave after signing a lifetime contract with the club!!

Lol.. Lifetime means till he stops playing na.
I dont think he would for any club again.
World cup would be hs last competitive football
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 3:02pm On May 22, 2018
Lekan1o1:

Lol.. Lifetime means till he stops playing na.
I dont think he would for any club again.
World cup would be hs last competitive football

not too sure about that.. i think he is going to Japan

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by NeeKlaus: 3:04pm On May 22, 2018
This season was just the departure of Greats. From Yaya Toure to Fernando Torres to Gianluigi Buffon to Andres Iniesta.

I swear, Buffon's own was the most painful. A club he had given almost his entire footballing career, now he just has to leave them. The scenes in Turin were almost heart breaking. cry
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 22, 2018
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 3:09pm On May 22, 2018
NeeKlaus:
This season was just the departure of Greats. From Yaya Toure to Fernando Torres to Gianluigi Buffon to Andres Iniesta.

I swear, Buffon's own was the most painful. A club he had given almost his entire footballing career, now he just has to leave them. The scenes in Turin were almost heart breaking. cry

you so right and most especially when all your achievements came during your spell at the club. sad sad
bye to some of the greats....
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 3:10pm On May 22, 2018
slotA4:
wym??
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by oshe11: 3:10pm On May 22, 2018
Infonews2:

after all this 16years.. it feels like a home
It is HOME
Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 3:11pm On May 22, 2018
oshe11:
It is HOME
no response to that, it is really[b] HOME[/b] wink

1 Like

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Blueeyedboi(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2018
Don Andres...one of the finest midfielders to grace the game....very classy player.. Thanks for the memories..GGMU...

Re: Iniesta Refuses To Depart Nou Camp After Farewell Celebration! by Infonews2: 3:22pm On May 22, 2018
Blueeyedboi:
Don Andres...one of the finest midfielders to grace the game....very classy player.. Thanks for the memories..GGMU...
yeah true

(1) (Reply)

I Haven't Killed Anyone- De Gea / BREAKING NEWS!!! Lionel Messi Finally RETIRES From Argentina Football Team / 7-major Differences Between Chelsea And Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.