Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,337 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

"Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK (2986 Views)

Nwa Pastor ( The diary of a pastors child) / A Poem By A Nairalander "Why" (must Read) / Ella Nwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 3:42pm On May 22, 2018
"Nwa Nnam" A Poem By Tola KOLADE

Though different tongues we speak

In our veins flows the same blood

From different wombs we were mothered

Yet the same lineage tells our story

Let it be remembered

That father's turgidity gave us life

One that we could attempt to erase from our history

But in itself, we can never remove from our identity

If our kinsmen will not gift you a piece of the bounty,

It will be unjust not to grant you leave to hunt your game

I share your grief, brother,

For we all must feel equal to be equal

Your pain is mine as well

For the stool belongs to us all

The Oracle have spoken severally

And severally, the kingmakers have rephrased his words

Now all you wish is Exile

And you have chosen to pitch your tent

Far away from the land of your birth

May the ancestors be with you if it is their will

And if farewell must be said

Let it be said Peacefully

And in Peace

For we always will be BROTHERS

Maka Ibu Nwa Nnam

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by sabbiboi: 11:22pm On May 22, 2018
tongue wow! nice piece. NWA NNAM

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by hucienda: 6:52am On May 23, 2018
Nice poem.

To the aspiration of the poem, well, que sera sera.

Nwa Nnam.

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by serverconnect(m): 6:56am On May 23, 2018
NWAM NNA ELE WAY. NICE ONE

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by adult91: 7:08am On May 23, 2018
Afonja de find love late. Unity no be by force. I laf anytym i see posts like this trying to unite us and "go get ur pvc" mumbo jumbo. Buhari must rule us until Biafra comes by His grace. Pvc is an id card. We knw we wont vote and our votes wont count (5%) according to mallam's stats. Igbos make una stop being deceived

2 Likes

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Sarang(f): 7:12am On May 23, 2018
I like. Onye m smiley

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by SenselessIdiot: 7:19am On May 23, 2018
One word.
Trash!

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Nobody: 7:27am On May 23, 2018
Expect a response... in 24 hours!
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2018
Wooow. I really love this. How can I buy a copy?
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 7:45am On May 23, 2018
adult91:
Afonja de find love late. Unity no be by force. I laf anytym i see posts like this trying to unite us and "go get ur pvc" mumbo jumbo. Buhari must rule us until Biafra comes by His grace. Pvc is an id card. We knw we wont vote and our votes wont count (5%) according to mallam's stats. Igbos make una stop being deceived

I will like to say thank you for the POLITE INSULT. I wrote this piece a while ago while submitting to nature for inspiration. I am a Yoruba, not married to an Igbo lady, neither do I have business in the North but I would always see myself as a Nigerian. Permit me to say that I wasn't trying to bond with the Easterners by writing this, I did because I strongly believed in Peace, either together or apart. You need to work on that attitude because a forum like this could promote either peace or unrest. If you are a lover of literature, you would definitely understand what the poem is all about. I believe strongly in Self Actualization, so the Biafrans shouldn't be denied their requests but Peace is the way to go (my opinion). Nigeria is a complex state that is being governed by selfish individuals, the size isn't helping, and the various tribes/ethnic groups makes it more difficult to rule. Even if the Yorubas ended up having the so called Oodua Rep, there will still be division, you are ijebu, an oyo man, perhaps an osun indigene, these things make it difficult for us. And until we see beyond the ethnicity, ours will never be a good place for our generations yet to come.
Irrespective of your tribe, religion or political affiliation, i will only see you as a human being. I will respect you for your beliefs but please, let's try not to corrupt ourselves the more.
If you are annoyed by this response, i apologize.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 7:49am On May 23, 2018
KOPT33:
Expect a response... in 24 hours!

Hope not BALLISTIC MISSILES? grin grin
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 7:52am On May 23, 2018
SpecialAdviser:
Wooow. I really love this. How can I buy a copy?

Nah.... I do have my published works available on amazon for purchase but i take delight in posting online for free. having my works appreciated means more to me than the cash. Stupid Thinking!, you may call it but that's it. Thanks for the comment anyways

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Nobody: 8:01am On May 23, 2018
AloneTK:

I will like to say thank you for the POLITE INSULT. I wrote this piece a while ago while submitting to nature for inspiration. I am a Yoruba, not married to an Igbo lady, neither do I have business in the North but I would always see myself as a Nigerian. Permit me to say that I wasn't trying to bond with the Easterners by writing this, I did because I strongly believed in Peace, either together or apart. You need to work on that attitude because a forum like this could promote either peace or unrest. If you are a lover of literature, you would definitely understand what the poem is all about. I believe strongly in Self Actualization, so the Biafrans shouldn't be denied their requests but Peace is the way to go (my opinion). Nigeria is a complex state that is being governed by selfish individuals, the size isn't helping, and the various tribes/ethnic groups makes it more difficult to rule. Even if the Yorubas ended up having the so called Oodua Rep, there will still be division, you are ijebu, an oyo man, perhaps an osun indigene, these things make it difficult for us. And until we see beyond the ethnicity, ours will never be a good place for our generations yet to come.
Irrespective of your tribe, religion or political affiliation, i will only see you as a human being. I will respect you for your beliefs but please, let's try not to corrupt ourselves the more.

Only the igbos love Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by joe17: 8:14am On May 23, 2018
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by joe17: 8:14am On May 23, 2018
Why should I be surprised to see this thread dry....op attach one the popular celebrities name to the tittle, anyone with big boobs and butt. Pls?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by SUGARDADDY55(m): 8:17am On May 23, 2018
AloneTK:

God bless u

2 Likes

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by SUGARDADDY55(m): 8:20am On May 23, 2018
adult91:

U need strong deliverances... Biko mechie onu gi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by phreakabit(m): 8:48am On May 23, 2018
Blood of MANY of my TRUE KIND, have been spilled already.
It's too late to mend fences or rebuild burned bridges.
keep your love and so called FRIENDSHIP/BROTHERHOOD.
I know my brothers and my brothers know me.
Only non-Igbo brothers (regardless of state of origin) we recognize are from Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

2 Likes

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by amazon14: 9:09am On May 23, 2018
AloneTk, i understand what u are trying do, but it won't work. Why Igbos are like hand towel to Nigerians, once they get their hand soiled all they have to is write one thing against the Igbos and everyone will be clapping for them. I have been on this forum for quite long now but you want to keep Nairalander happy bring a topic to bash the Igbos their day is made.

If you want political appointment go against the Igbos there u will have it.

Nwa nna poem is good but other Nigeria's never see us as one.

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Okey80: 9:32am On May 23, 2018
AloneTK:

Let it be remembered

And in Peace

Maka Ibu Nwa Nnam

This is my first time of reading a poem here. Was i thrilled. Yes. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Livefreeordieha(m): 9:36am On May 23, 2018
AloneTK:

Let it be remembered

And in Peace

Maka Ibu Nwa Nnam

masterpiece but then look at the rate disgruntled porks are bashing obvious fundamental duties...Smh...Big ups bro...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 9:45am On May 23, 2018
phreakabit:
Blood of MANY of my TRUE KIND, have been spilled already.
It's too late to mend fences or rebuild burned bridges.
keep your love and so called FRIENDSHIP/BROTHERHOOD.
I know my brothers and my brothers know me.
Only non-Igbo brothers (regardless of state of origin) we recognize are from Cross Rivers and Akwa Ibom.

Your assertions may be correct but I wasn't speaking for the Nigerian Government. If you could read some of Martin Luther King's famous quotes on LOVE, perhaps you will understand.
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by donqx: 9:47am On May 23, 2018
hmmm
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 9:51am On May 23, 2018
amazon14:
AloneTk, i understand what u are trying do, but it won't work. Why Igbos are like hand towel to Nigerians, once they get their hand soiled all they have to is write one thing against the Igbos and everyone will be clapping for them. I have been on this forum for quite long now but you want to keep Nairalander happy bring a topic to bash the Igbos their day is made.

If you want political appointment go against the Igbos there u will have it.

Nwa nna poem is good but other Nigeria's never see us as one.

Thoughtful! This hatred is deep; a product of the insensitiveness of our past and present leaders.
I have always being a silent reader on nairaland and very many comments on this forum tends to cloud my belief that oneness can ever be achieved. Unfortunately, the attitude exhibited by men on the corridors of power originates from the family (the first institution) and except the foundation is worked upon, the structure will never be solid or reliable.

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Fourwinds: 10:46am On May 23, 2018
AloneTK:
Let it be remembered
And in Peace
Maka Ibu Nwa Nnam
great poem there
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by captainlofe(m): 11:06am On May 23, 2018
Great write up! I can see lots of people saying the Igbos are being hated by other tribes? What if I say, it's the Igbos that are trying hard to be hated? I'm from the west and the Igbos here are living very fine.... "Paharps what we loath so much is the attitude of bumptiousness!"

Also, I've come to realized since I joined this forum that; 'most of the members of this forum are just bunches of hopeless numbskul from all tribes of the country trying to be relevant'. Thats why you see them raising ethnic cards on every single post..... Maybe it's time we realized stupidity doesn't solve but worsen!
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 11:34am On May 23, 2018
captainlofe:
Great write up! I can see lots of people saying the Igbos are being hated by other tribes? What if I say, it's the Igbos that are trying hard to be hated? I'm from the west and the Igbos here are living very fine.... "Paharps what we loath so much is the attitude of bumptiousness!"

Also, I've come to realized since I joined this forum that; 'most of the members of this forum are just bunches of hopeless numbskul from all tribes of the country trying to be relevant'. Thats why you see them raising ethnic cards on every single post..... Maybe it's time we realized stupidity doesn't solve but worsen!

I agree with you on that (in bold)
I totally understand that the greed and selfishness of our public office holders had done harm to the vast majority but we can improve on our relationship if we want to.
About the IGBOS trying hard to be hated, I do not know about that. Its an individual thing, not a tribal thing. I am yoruba and I consider myself to be liberal, there are some from my tribe who do not feel the way I do about this issue.
The polity is tensed, hate speeches will get us nowhere.
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Sarang(f): 2:40pm On May 25, 2018
adult91:

You need help. I hope you are not Igbo. We don't want people like you nwokem, filled with bitter hatred for your fellow man inugo!
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by adult91: 1:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sarang:

You need help. I hope you are not Igbo. We don't want people like you nwokem, filled with bitter hatred for your fellow man inugo!

online wise woman or even man. u sabi ur village? wetin be sarang?
Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by AloneTK: 10:13am On Jun 28, 2018
Sarang:

Hello, I only just checked out your link (http://www.instagram.com/scribblingblue) ever since u replied someone's comment on a piece i wrote in May. Lovely words and soul-touching. I hope you won't feel offended, why not try to write book length stories... if you haven't already. I believe it'll be worth reading, if you ever decided to do that. Readers do not need to know, sometimes, parts of our works are drawn from personal experiences, and I think you'd make a wonderful writer of novels on romance

1 Like

Re: "Nwa Nnam" A Poem By TK by Sarang(f): 11:19am On Jun 28, 2018
AloneTK:

Hello, I only just checked out your link (http://www.instagram.com/scribblingblue) ever since u replied someone's comment on a piece i wrote in May. Lovely words and soul-touching. I hope you won't feel offended, why not try to write book length stories... if you haven't already. I believe it'll be worth reading, if you ever decided to do that. Readers do not need to know, sometimes, parts of our works are drawn from personal experiences, and I think you'd make a wonderful writer of novels on romance

Hey

Thank you. I have never really thought about that.. but when I can, will try. Thanks for checking out my link. Keep safe always smiley

(1) (Reply)

Your Excellency, You Are A Liar / BETRAYAL /series/1,2,3 *censored* / Toto Pass Toto 21+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.