Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

What's The Reason Behind Your Name? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Reason Behind Your Name? (14665 Views)

Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / The Reason Most Married Women Don't Visit Husband's People / The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by bluetopaz: 8:19pm On May 22, 2018
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by noble2faith(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2018
Earthbound:
My name means 'that which brings wealth together'. Still waiting on the wealth though undecided

Born on the feast of St. Justin hence my baptismal name.

U funny oo
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by drewxx88(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:
Adebanke

No reason, my dad just wants his children's name to start with "A", though the meaning of my name follows me till this day smiley
pray tell what's the meaning of Adebanke
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Divay22(f): 8:20pm On May 22, 2018
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by noble2faith(m): 8:20pm On May 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

This is one of the most useless comments I have seen.So is it a crime if the mother decides for the family what a myopic,primitive and chauvinistic comment.I wonder if this made any sense to you.

And she vexed... Hahahahahahah aha... U wan fight op?
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

So in other words Hippolyta is a known troublemaker on NL? @somegirl1,kudos on your wonderful reply.

No na, look at it this way, only a staunch defender of women, like yourself, could put him in his place. You get?
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 22, 2018
noble2faith:

U funny oo

How? Nothing comedic up there.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by noble2faith(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2018
Shadydamsel:
I was name Shade because of my elder sister.

According to d story my mom told us, she kept running after a particular girl called shade who was a bit older than her. she couldn't pronounce d word 'Shade' properly so she ended up calling d girl Ede(Ede in yoruba means crayfish)
cheesy. My mom said d girl was always beating and telling her not to call her Ede again. she said she was always feeling bad and immediately she gave birth to me, she named me Shade and told my sister that she has her own Ede now.
ironically, we were told she never called me Ede since d day I was born. she pronounced my name clearly.

Before checking ur dp, I knew you must b an embodiment of beauty. I have never seen ugly Shade since I was born and now am getting old...
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:25pm On May 22, 2018
Earthbound:

No na, look at it this way, only a staunch defender of women, like yourself, could put him in his place. You get?
I would take this as a compliment.Thank you.

@noble2faith,I had to let him know that he was making no point.It is all good.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by noble2faith(m): 8:27pm On May 22, 2018
Earthbound:

How? Nothing comedic up there.
"Still excepting wealth"
Kinda funny..
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by drewxx88(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2018
well I've got two My Ishan name "Ehikioya " my guardian Angel fights for me , and my Yoruba name "Olanrewaju " which I hardly answer to except my dads maternal family are around and it means my wealth is moving forward ...
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 22, 2018
sisipelebe:
Pop wasn't around as at that time, so mum baby sis named me after one of her favourite American martial artist and actress who featured alongside with Jackie Chan in medallion.
Jennifer?
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by nkemdi89(f): 8:32pm On May 22, 2018
My name has no meaning, funny enough I am the only one that bears that name, it gave me lot of worries when growing up because I was searching for a namesake, I changed the name to an Igbo version, at least it makes more sense to me.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by sandrahnaub(f): 8:38pm On May 22, 2018
Obianuju

If you know you know

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Awoleesu(m): 8:38pm On May 22, 2018
Awoleesu! - the destroyer of satan's temple.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by jchioma: 8:40pm On May 22, 2018
UnknownT:
Have you started serving the justice yet?

You can't believe how the LORD has helped me to beat down all our enemies... My hand was made strong by the hands of the Almighty.

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by akeentech(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Another useless comment which doesn't correlate.I am not Linda Ikeji so don't you dare compare me to her.I am sure this your comment is a part of your life plan.

Y are you so pained like this... Someone must have done bad thing to you
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 22, 2018
sandrahnaub:
Obianuju

If you know you know

Uju Uju
Obianuju
Anything I want to do na you

cheesy cheesy

If you know you know

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by ArchiPelago1: 8:52pm On May 22, 2018
Itunu... comfort

Lost my mum during labor so i'm meant to be a consolation or a comforter.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by scholes0(m): 8:54pm On May 22, 2018
nkemdi89:
My name has no meaning, funny enough I am the only one that bears that name, it gave me lot of worries when growing up because I was searching for a namesake, I changed the name to an Igbo version, at least it makes more sense to me.

so what language was the "previous version"?
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Damzy007: 8:56pm On May 22, 2018
God has rewarded me with wealth, oluwadamilola.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:56pm On May 22, 2018
akeentech:

Y are you so pained like this... Someone must have done bad thing to you
There is no pain there I don't feel pains for dunderheads.I am sure this your statement is a reference to your current predicament.
Accept the sympathy of the Amazon Queen.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 22, 2018
Stupid question. reason behind my name is my father was a crooked pirate, he smoked bags of ganja had sex with over one hundred women some of them he can't remember their names and i am no different from father.

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by UnknownT: 9:04pm On May 22, 2018
jchioma:

You can't believe how the LORD has helped me to beat down all our enemies... My hand was made strong by the hands of the Almighty.
but Chioma doesn't sound like a "justice league " name?
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by akeentech(m): 9:06pm On May 22, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

There is no pain there I don't feel pains for dunderheads.I am sure this your statement is a reference to your current predicament.
Accept the sympathy of the Amazon Queen.

Lol, sorry dear for whoever offends you
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Reelmii: 9:07pm On May 22, 2018
LilNetty:
Infinix note 3 for sale Inbox me @0813 541 7105
is that the reason behind ur name

2 Likes

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by UnknownT: 9:07pm On May 22, 2018
sandrahnaub:
Obianuju

If you know you know
This name has two different meanings
1. The one that came when things were in abundance
2. The one that came during mourning
Which one is yours? It's not an "if you know you know" something

1 Like

Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by akeentech(m): 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
ArchiPelago1:
Itunu... comfort

Lost my mum during labor so i'm meant to be a consolation or a comforter.

Heyah! sorry dear
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by afos002: 9:08pm On May 22, 2018
akeentech:
I'm Anu because they (parents) believe I will grow to be a merciful and receive mercy.

Can you tell us the reason behind yours
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by akeentech(m): 9:10pm On May 22, 2018
drewxx88:
well I've got two My Ishan name "Ehikioya " my guardian Angel fights for me , and my Yoruba name "Olanrewaju " which I hardly answer to except my dads maternal family are around and it means my wealth is moving forward ...

Which side u dey Yoruba or Edo
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by Sultty(m): 9:11pm On May 22, 2018
ShyCypher:
I was named after the gibberish my father exclaimed whilst cummin' hard in my mom that year. angry

Don't bother askin' me what it is...
I guess d gibberish ur dad was saying was shhhhhycyphaaaaar and his eyes were rolling like this emoji shocked shocked shocked grin well mine means 'pure joy' 12 years of waiting before my siblings and I were born with loads of insults from my dad's sister + family.
Re: What's The Reason Behind Your Name? by akeentech(m): 9:11pm On May 22, 2018
Earthbound:

Woman wrapper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unmarried Nairalanders: When Do You Plan To Settle Down ? / What Should I Do? Please Help! / OAP Blossom Martins Accuses Twin Sisters Of Fraud In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.