Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,277 members, 7,780,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:04 PM

2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari (28919 Views)

President Tinubu Retires All Service Chiefs, Advisers, Customs CG, IG Of Police / Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again / 2023 Presidency: Why Osinbajo Won’t Contest Against Tinubu – Daniel Bwala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by dre11(m): 10:18pm On May 22, 2018
By Chijioke Jannah 

The Comptroller General of Customs, Hammed Ali has said at 70, President Buhari should not have contemplated seeking re-election in 2019.

He, however, said that it was President Buhari’s love for the country and his integrity as well as his monumental achievement that had spurred him to seek another four year mandate.

The Customs boss, who led the Buhari Support Organization in a courtesy visit to the President at the State House, told Buhari that his administration had saved the country.

He said, “All we want to say on behalf of Nigerians that we are solidly behind you in this second term bid. People may ask why are you so passionate about change? Why were you so committed in 2014 and why are you so committed in 2018.

“This is because you are a man of integrity, of honesty and above all Mr. President you love this great nation. I have said it and I will repeat it here Mr. President with all due respect, at 70 plus, with a good retirement benefits and with your house in Daura, if I were you I will see no reason to be in this arena.

“But why are you here? It is because you love this great country. You left your comfort to serve Nigeria and that is why for those of us who love you for who you are said we must follow you and ensure that your second term in this country becomes a reality.

“Today is 2018. Way back in 2014 for those who did not know when you talked about your integrity, your achievements as a governor, as a minister, those that have gone are the ones who will understand what we are talking.

Those of us who have experienced those past years know exactly what it was. But today, 2018, those of us here know that your being president has changed this country.

“Three years into your tenure, the tremendous achievements that have been made, we have laid the foundation; we have started building roads but Mr. President we must complete the building.

“What do we need to do? We must as your loyalists and people who believe in this country tell you that we are with you shoulder to shoulder and ensure that you are elected. And then the building will be completed so that never again will there be cause to destroy Nigeria.

“For me, you have been my mentor in service and out of service and I have been fortunate enough to have worked very closely with you. And so when I say some of these things I am saying it for the bottom of my heart because I know you, I know your commitment and your respect to this great nation.

“Mr. President it is always politics, and when politicians speak they speak with two sides of their mouth. We have seen people that have fortune suddenly. Four years back, some of us from the north east were not praying in the mosque, some of us from the north east had moved from our places of abode to settle somewhere else.

“And Mr. President, here in the city, the seat of government, there were booms going off every day. Today, we can sleep with eyes closed, today I drive at midnight, today we can breathe the air and most importantly, those of us who are Muslims can pray in the Mosque during Ramadan.

“That would never had happened. I remember as far as Kaduna is from north east, we could hardly sleep at night because of security, today we have that security. What else are we looking for?

“Mr. President, on the economy, today our economy has grown all because of the discipline you have instilled in the financial sector. All those non-challenges attitudes, all those days of siphoning money are no longer feasible.

“I tell you Mr. President and I use myself as an example, way back I used to get some funds and I used to use it and buy rice and give to some people. Mr. President today, I have to ration the rice that is fiscal discipline.

“Now, I know how to cut my coat according to my size and that is all because of you Mr. President. What else can we ask for?
“Mr. President, those of us that you gave trust and ask us to go out and work, today, we are working, we are deriving, not because of anything especially in areas like ours, where we step on big men’s toes, we do that because we know nobody will come and ask you to talk us and ask us to stop what we are doing.

“Mr. President, one area that I know touches your heart is that today we are about reaching our rice requirement in Nigeria, today we are seeing physically where people are rejecting foreign rice for local rice, today Mr. President if you go to some of our houses, what you will see is local rice and that is wealth for our people.

“Last year, during the Hajj period when I went home, many farmers came to me that they have never had it so good, so much so that the first 25 people that paid up their money when Hajj fares were announced, were rice farmers.

“What more can we say in terms of growth of wealth. People say we are hungry; of course the lazy must be hungry because if you do not work hard, manner doesn’t fall from heaven.

So when people say we are hungry, there was never a times in Nigeria that food is dropped in the mouth of the people and they can never be.

“I can go on and on and enumerate what you have done in just three years of your administration but three is not enough to undo what was done in 16 years.

“The destruction, the monumental stealing that we have witnessed, the destruction of our structures and our system, it takes more than eight years to be able to address them and I believe in three years you have done wonderfully well.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/05/22/2019-wont-contest-70-customs-boss-hammed-ali-tells-buhari/

3 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by viceddy95(m): 10:25pm On May 22, 2018
Failure should have resigned by now ,,but the transmitted failure don't want to,,
Anyways in 2019 failure president will be transmitted through transmission back to daura to met his cows....

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:36pm On May 22, 2018
Buhari is a monumental failure

A curse to Nigerians

And a chronic looter whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures.....

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by OjoMadiba: 11:04pm On May 22, 2018
President Buhari should better go to his home in daura in honor than to go there in shame, The shame will be full.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 11:10pm On May 22, 2018
"........I have said it and I will repeat it here Mr. President with all due respect, at 70 plus, with a good retirement benefits and with your house in Daura, if I were you I will see no reason to be in this arena."

Buhari does not listen to advice of even reasonable people around him.He just want to enjoy the peeks of office of the president but have no slightest idea of what being there entails.Lazy & useless man!

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by mathinips(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2018
OK ooo. One vote for Buhàri.

We now know how to save
We now know we are all lazy
We now know local rice is better
We now know rice farmers are enjoying

Said Baba

We really appreciate u. Just like the Custom CG, if you end it this way it's will be better for u. We love u and we don't want u to die for Nigeria just like Ya 'Adua

5 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by magoo10(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2018
These are the kind of hypocrites and sycophants that have been singing praise songs for the old brainless dullard .

Is buhari this foolish?
Buhari where is your brain ?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by magoo10(m): 11:25pm On May 22, 2018
At 70plus the best buhari can offer is nepotism and high scale insecurity.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 2:03am On May 23, 2018
Mr ALI spoke the minds of majority of Nigerians. Nigerians are proud to have president BUHARI as their president

8 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 2:03am On May 23, 2018
magoo10:
At 70plus the best buhari can offer is nepotism and high scale insecurity.
Shaaatap

2 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 2:06am On May 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
"........I have said it and I will repeat it here Mr. President with all due respect, at 70 plus, with a good retirement benefits and with your house in Daura, if I were you I will see no reason to be in this arena."
Buhari does not listen to advice of even reasonable people around him.He just want to enjoy the peeks of office of the president but have no slightest idea of what being there entails.Lazy & useless man!
if not for majority of Nigerians that want him to continue as president till 2023. He won't have seek for re election in 2019

9 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 2:07am On May 23, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Buhari is a monumental failure

A curse to Nigerians

And a chronic looter whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures.....
for your mind now you talk sense. I SMH for you undecided

5 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 2:08am On May 23, 2018
viceddy95:
Failure should have resigned by now ,,but the transmitted failure don't want to,,
Anyways in 2019 failure president will be transmitted through transmission back to daura to met his cows....
what is this one saying?

8 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by fallout87: 2:15am On May 23, 2018
Let's be serious. Buhari is like 80+ he has lied about his age.

10 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:02am On May 23, 2018
If the whole 2nd Niger bridge would cost N177BN .... what did we use N12TR debt for?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Mikeross62: 4:18am On May 23, 2018
Ali doesn't know that power corrupt,if given the chance even if he is 80 he will sing a different tune...

Ebay and amazon checkout

1 Like

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by freeze001(f): 4:36am On May 23, 2018
And this is a government appointee openly involved in politics and re-election of a sitting president.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Firefire(m): 4:57am On May 23, 2018
How do you expect a power drunk not to contest ?

The defeat and disgrace of his life await him next year. The terrorist should not attempt to rig, otherwise...

7 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by mysteriousman(m): 5:12am On May 23, 2018
I trust Hameed Ali more than Buhari

1 Like

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by buhariguy(m): 5:21am On May 23, 2018
Paperwhite:
but if not the failure of PDP since 1986, what will an old man of 75yrs stil be doing in politics,
Even you supporting corruption, are you not the problem of this country?

5 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by femi4: 5:53am On May 23, 2018
Age is just a number. If majority want him there, there is little the 5% can do even with their voters card

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by magoo10(m): 6:20am On May 23, 2018
yarimo:
Shaaatap
It is too early to get high like a rabid dog ,your buhari is too old and brainless to compete with other young leaders of the world in bringing the needed change with technological advancements let alone developing a world class economy atleast Nigeria should set examples for other African nations to follow,it is not possible to force him down the throats of Nigerians back to daura na em sure pass if you like kill yaself.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by zombieserum(m): 6:30am On May 23, 2018
yarimo:
Mr ALI spoke the minds of majority of Nigerians. Nigerians are proud to have president BUHARI as their president
you need urgent rehabilitation from excessive codeine intake ,Ali only spoke the minds of zombies and sycophants

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 6:54am On May 23, 2018
zombieserum:
you need urgent rehabilitation from excessive codeine intake ,Ali only spoke the minds of zombies and sycophants
Pronto! Thumbs up for putting him where he rightly belong.

6 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 6:55am On May 23, 2018
buhariguy:
but if not the failure of PDP since 1986, what will an old man of 75yrs stil be doing in politics,
Even you supporting corruption, are you not the problem of this country?
"PDP since 1986" Retrograde sai baba amnesia? sad

freeze001:
And this is a government appointee openly involved in politics and re-election of a sitting president.
My dear that is the sad desperation/reality Buhari have subjected Nigeria into for now. undecided

1 Like

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by ikorodureporta: 7:06am On May 23, 2018
The only way out is what Soludo said....abt having a single 5 or 6yr term
Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Nobody: 8:12am On May 23, 2018
So just when Obasanjo is becoming a potent threat in 2019 election... that's when Buhari realized he want to probe him.

Mtcheeeew this Buhari is so vindictive !
Rather than Lead, he's busy hunting.
Analog President in a Digital world!

5 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by Metuh: 8:14am On May 23, 2018
The dullard go hear

Useless presidiot

2 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2018
OjoMadiba:
President Buhari should better go to his home in daura in honor than to go there in shame, The shame will be full.
...Daura...

2 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by three: 8:14am On May 23, 2018
Buhari dey hear word?

2 Likes

Re: 2019: If I Were You I Won’t Contest At 70 – Customs CG Hammed Ali Tells Buhari by fecta: 8:14am On May 23, 2018
Buhari contesting for the 2019 election means that he believes he can WIN,
This is scary because we live in a corrupt country and any measures could be taken to secure an easy victory.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vice President Osinbajo Arrives Zimbabwe (photos) / Uzodinma Denies Rejecting Edo Election Results, Not Heading To Court / Francis Mobolaji Odesanya's Death: Nigerian Police Releases Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.