Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,553 members, 7,801,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea (23824 Views)

Diego Maradona And Michel Platini: The Irony Of Life In One Photo / Alvaro Morata Learnt To Head The Ball With Cristiano Ronaldo At Real Madrid / Comparing Romelu Lukaku Vs Alvaro Morata (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by damickey(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2018

Real Madrid legend Michel has claimed that Alvaro Morata is paying the price for leaving the Los Blancos. The Spain International became Chelsea’s transfer record breaker after the club shelled out £53 million to secure his signature last summer, although he has struggled to live up to the billing that was expected by the Stamford Bridge outfit

Morata found the back of the net just 11 times all season and as forced to play second fiddle to Olivier Giroud after the Frenchman arrived from Arsenal in the January transfer window. He was also used sparingly in the final of the FA Cup against Manchester United.

The major blow came when he was not included Spain’s squad to play in Russia 2018, a situation which Michel, a six time champion with Real Madrid has attributed to his departure from Real Madrid last summer.

“I don’t know why he left, if it was because he wanted to play more, if it was because he wanted a better contract and because he wanted to play in the English league,” he told Marca.

“At the end of the day he is in a similar situation as to when he was at Real Madrid, he will know personally why he took the decision.

“I’m one of those who think that if you’re at Real Madrid the best thing is to not leave but I don’t know what his thinking is.”

Michel added: “He’s playing less at Chelsea, Giroud is playing more.

“The most informed one on this is the coach and he knows exactly why he took one decision of another. He’s a good player but any of them are too.”

Read Full Article Here: https://savechelsea.net/morata-is-paying-the-price-for-leaving-real-madrid/

4 Likes

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by olafunny(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2018
Had he read what became of Torres, Remy, Costa, and many other chelsea strikers, he would have chosen Manchester United instead.

Now he's as useless as 'ueue' in 'Queue'

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by MrRhymes101(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2018
The jersey number 9 is cursed in chelsea... Wedding MC

11 Likes

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Fernandowski(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2018
Legend that nobody knows his name

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by BlackHatNaija: 2:07pm On May 23, 2018
Every player has a shinning moment. He could move to Arsenal or Liverpool or Tottenham and perform better.

Anyways, next season is still there to prove himself If not Chelsea doesn't keep failed players.

3 Likes

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Giddymoney(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2018
Iphone 1... Legbegbe
IPhone 2 .... Legbegbe
IPhone 3.... Legbegbe

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Firefire(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2018
Beautiful stadium...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by kpaofame: 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
grin

Mo-ra-ata ko daa

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by zenithmarine: 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
And Alonso? Pedro? Fabregas? Truth is , everybody no go fit play for world cup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Riogeese(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
Head master
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by wwwtortoise(m): 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
Cow wey dey in a hurry to go abroad go come back as corned beef.

Like for Real madrid

Share for Liverpool

26th is the D'day.

76 Likes 73 Shares

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by tokrizy: 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
grin grin

E sure 4 me say MORATA will MISS his WEDDING

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by opeolu202: 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
Who is morata? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by igbohausayoruba: 2:08pm On May 23, 2018
He should come back
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by awa(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2018
Okay... He is coming back jooor
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by s3tt1ngz003: 2:10pm On May 23, 2018
Very useless player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Nairalandmentor(m): 2:10pm On May 23, 2018
What's his business? Leave the guy joor.

If you need a reliable website design agency in Nigeria without advanced payments? Check my signature for our beautiful and high profile portfolios
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by IAmSkinny: 2:10pm On May 23, 2018
Mtchewww. Jealousy wan kill una
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Tracypacy(f): 2:10pm On May 23, 2018
Unai Emery
Domestic trophies: 5
European trophies: 3

Mauricio Pochettino:
Domestic trophies: 0
European trophies: 0

But One is apparently a young progressive manager at Tottenham while the other is a flop. Jog o

3 Likes

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by kpaofame: 2:10pm On May 23, 2018
shocked

Well in my opinion i think Morata sale hurt Madrid this past season...
In the first half of the season Madrid was grasping to keep up with other teams, CR7 was not his Charismatic self, and Benzema alone could not help them, there were games Morata as sub would have secured maximum points for them

Morata is a good player but not good enough to be a point man, lone Striker like Diego costa or Didier Drogba

It was a big leap, a risk for him to come to Chelsea..Every player who want to be outstanding needs to take one, but ensure to fight to shine, Morata lacked the passion, intensity and aggression needed for a striker to shine at Chelsea and Premier League in general

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by thoollz: 2:11pm On May 23, 2018
Morata to me would have been better had he stayed at Madrid. This guy was a good player during his Juventus days, I wonder what went wrong. At times location could affect one's progress either negatively or positively. He'll be regretting his action now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by MxFactor: 2:11pm On May 23, 2018
opeolu202:
Who is morata? undecided

An Ass
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Righteousness89(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2018
Abeg Who know who be Michel??

1 Like

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by moscobabs(m): 2:12pm On May 23, 2018
Legend?

We dont know him here in Africa
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Bustincole(m): 2:13pm On May 23, 2018
Base on logistics

i doubt it sha

We all knw dat changin of club in d same league is beta dat changin of club to anoda league

i tink dats wat makes Morata a flop, but im sure if he can be given anoda chance next season he will deliver
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by Ijaya123: 2:14pm On May 23, 2018
This is for real -James Hadley Chase
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by tectonotimes: 2:14pm On May 23, 2018
Morata has the right to move to any club of his choice. Would you like to make millions of naira via non-oil export trade? Click on the first link on my signature.
Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by ABDULSODEEQ(m): 2:14pm On May 23, 2018
Tracypacy:
More
Unai Emery
Domestic trophies: 5
European trophies: 3

Mauricio Pochettino:
Domestic trophies: 0
European trophies: 0

But One is apparently a young progressive manager at Tottenham while the other is a flop. Jog o
Broski,I hail oo,abeg how Emery take be flop? U didn't see his work in Sevilla? Let's all agree PSG is a good team already,Poch is good oo,but lol,if that guy stays for 10years on Spurs,he can't win the league.

4 Likes

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by madrid5: 2:15pm On May 23, 2018
Fernandowski:
Legend that nobody knows his name
you dont know his name because you are not a madrid fan,michel was one of our best player in the 1980s

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michel Slams Alvaro Morata For Moving To Chelsea by oluwaahmed: 2:17pm On May 23, 2018
zenithmarine:
And Alonso? Pedro? Fabregas? Truth is , everybody no go fit play for world cup.

Pedro, fabregas is understandable but Alonso seems personal. He scored 14 goals for Chelsea in all competition and had 6 assists while Jordin Alba had just 2 goals and 6 assists for Barça in all competitions.
Sentimental selection affected him.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obafemi Martins Wins First Title Of The Season / Julius Kayode Punches Ospino Egbe, Lobi Stars Goalkeeper During A Match / Asisat Oshoala Is The Second Highest Goal Scorer In The Liga Iberdrola.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.