Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,353 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:09 AM

Safari's Movie Reviews - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Safari's Movie Reviews (17421 Views)

Nollywood Movie Reviews And Celebrity Gist Videos / Movie Reviews Up In Da Hood / Movie Reviews The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Legacies (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Nobody: 6:46am On Jan 18, 2019
Someone should help me with the link to download bumblebee. Guys which app is best for download?
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by MNDY(m): 7:05am On Jan 18, 2019
safarigirl:
like I said, movies don't get the specifics a lot.

It's the same thing with movies that are about police officers or doctors. If you get a real police officer or doctor to review them, they just laugh and tell you that the movie is a joke compared to the real thing.

They can only get the specifics of their acting, but they can never fully get the specifics of the profession like the professional would. It would be tantamount to asking an accountant to act. He won't do it as good as an actor would.

But I understand your perspective

Great job darling!

GAME OF THRONES Season 8 finale is 4months away (The End Begins). What do you have to say about this superb masterpiece? It has gone beyond a mere thing I watch on the screen for me, I've tapped so much from it.

D & D may have f*cked up in some areas. But I still love GAME OF THRONES to the point that I sometimes feel like the value I get is way too much more than what I paid to get its CDs
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by safarigirl(f): 7:46am On Jan 18, 2019
MNDY:

Great job darling!

GAME OF THRONES Season 8 finale is 4months away (The End Begins). What do you have to say about this superb masterpiece? It has gone beyond a mere thing I watch on the screen for me, I've tapped so much from it.

D & D may have f*cked up in some areas. But I still love GAME OF THRONES to the point that I sometimes feel like the value I get is way too much more than what I paid to get its CDs
i've never watched Game of Thrones, never felt compelled to watch it.

I doubt I'll ever watch it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by kenigwe18: 8:05am On Jan 18, 2019
safarigirl:

No go and watch it o haba....the best so far
This isn't the case where a movie is just been over hyped ...nah far from it
I can bet my whole lot you'll love it
Adventure, suspense, romance....you name it.
You won't be compelled to watch the movie until you see the first of its season.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by TomiSwag(m): 8:08am On Jan 18, 2019
safarigirl:

Movie Title: The Greatest Showman

[img]https://miamasitoh.files./2018/02/tgm.jpg?w=700[/img]

Year: 2017

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Zac Efron, Michelle Williams, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson

Genre: Musical, Drama

Industry: Hollywood

Time: 1h 44 min

Plot:
This movie tells the story of PT Barnum, the man who started the circus. It tells how PT Barnum, went from a poor, tailor's son to the owner of a circus; his trials and how he overcame them.

Review:

The Sound of Music has been hailed as an iconic musical and the best of the 20th century, well, The Greatest Showman is the greatest musical of this century so far and I might even add, better than TSM. Not only was EVERY song from this movie a hit, everything from the choreography, to the storyline and the acting was perfect.
The story is set in New York, in the early 20th century, we see how Barnum (Jackman) first met his love, Charity (Williams), as a child, he shows her a life he sees for their future, despite how poor he is at the time and how rich her family is. His father's death leaves him wandering the streets, however, he eventually grows older and seeks her hand in marriage. Her father grudgingly accepts and he takes her away, but Barnum isn't the rich man he thinks his wife deserves. Eventually, he comes up with the idea of gathering 'misfits' to form a show which people pay for. He enlists the help of rich kid, Phillip Carlyle (Efron) to help in hosting the shows. Phillip introduces him to Jenny Lind (Ferguson) an opera singer, who distracts him from his circus and nearly destroys his career and marriage
There are so many lessons to learn in this movie, whether it's the lesson of believing in each other, of seeing someone more for what they can add to your life, rather than what they look like, of never forgetting your roots, or of never paying attention to people's opinions, the lessons are inexhaustible. And each song tells a lesson, each song speaks to someone.
Watching the movie, can lift anyone's spirits. No matter how low you feel, The Greatest Showman will surely make you feel better.
This is another movie that was so good, there was hardly a fault. The one fault I did notice however, was a scene where he hopped on a train, the graphics were so poor, I could tell it was fake. However, it had little or no impact on the core of the movie.
Like I have told the over twenty people I have recommended the movie to, The Greatest Showman is the greatest musical you will see in a long time.

Rating: 9/10

Play/Trowey: Play a Gazillion times

Annoyingly, this movie didn't win a lot of awards.
I honestly don't know what criteria is used for nomination, but I believe viewers opinion is not counted when awarding movies.

its a shame none of the songs won at the golden globes & Oscars for that year.

best musical, best original score, best sound track.

nothing at all!

Well in my opinion this movie is a 9/10.

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by MNDY(m): 8:21am On Jan 18, 2019
safarigirl:

Ok. Maybe someday you will. Before then, know that the work done on Game of Thrones is unarguably the overall most expansive work done on something for TV in Hollywood and elsewhere. That factor on its own fascinates me so much. Trust me I know how crazy about it I sound, but beleive me, you will hardly find a GAME OF THRONES fan who is not obsessed with the series.

I've seen the best of the best and nothing compares, I swear down...never seen anything well-thought-of with so much brilliance. The brain behind it - George R.R. Martins through the A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE books is reverred globally.

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by JeffreyJames(m): 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2019
safarigirl:

I once held this position. Out of boredom I downloaded season 1-7. Totally worth it. You should watch it.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Kaycee7(m): 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2019
safarigirl:

If you're not into epic fantasy like The Lord of The Rings, Braveheart, Gladiator and series like Vikings and The Last Kingdom, don't bother watching GOT.
Most GOT fans forget or don't know that there is something like genre difference. They think that it's all about the plot and politics, lore and action and don't really know that the setting and time is off-putting to some people.
Basically, don't go stressing yourself and wasting your time if it's not your cup of tea.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by meobizy(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
The worst thing that can happen to a serious thread is for it to hit frontpage. This forum is a big joke, sometimes I wonder why people patronize it.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by johnwizey: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2019
meobizy:
The worst thing that can happen to a serious thread is for it to hit frontpage. This forum is a big joke, sometimes I wonder why people patronize it.
But you want people to follow your own blog right?
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by kenigwe18: 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2019
johnwizey:
But you want people to follow your own blog right?
No leave the confirm mumu
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2019
Safarigirl... Don't stop nau
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by safarigirl(f): 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2019

Movie Title: Up North

Year: 2018

Cast: Bankole 'Bany W' Wellington, Ibrahim Suleiman, Rahama Sadau, Adesua Etomi Wellington, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Michelle Dede

Genre: Drama

Industry: Nollywood

Run Time: 1hr 40mins

Producer: Anakle Films & Inkblot Productions

Director: Tope Oshin

Plot:

A young, rebellious, wealthy man, is posted to serve in Northern Nigeria and is averse to the idea, but soon, he settles into the simple life the North offers, however, his father insists he must return to the South and this clashes with his desire to remain Up North

Review:

Let me say this now, I am not the biggest fan of the Wellingtons, and when i first saw that they were cast together in this movie, I was like "Oh boy, love interests again?" I know Adesua and her hubby have good chemistry, but i was indeed done with their being paired up after The Wedding Party 1 & 2 and let me say here, that seeing them in the movie, i didn't want to watch it, but then, i saw the trailer and thought to just give the movie a shot.

it was worth it.

There is sooooo much to take away from this movie, aside the fact that the Wellingtons are NOT love interests in this movie (yup, it's safe guys cheesy). so, with no further ado, let me begin with the positives.

The Culture. gosh! There was so much of it, and fixed into as little time as possible. this movie managed to show off the beauty of the culture in Bauchi state, their traditional festivals and the breathtaking scenery of the area, WITHOUT straying from the storyline. While a great part of Bauchi state could be said to be arid, unoccupied lands, it must be stated that where there were structures, they weren't just structures, they were monuments. Be it the Emir's palace or Tafawa Balewa's tomb, the architecture is simply brilliant and the camera captured these monuments wonderfully.

the camera also captured the beauty of the state and its tourist attractions, one of which was the Yankari Games reserve which featured some really HEALTHY animals. Honestly, there were so many scenes in that movie that captured the North beautifully, even as they didn't try to give it an aesthetic sort of beauty. Yes, we saw the deserts, we saw the sparse greenery, we saw the tiny mud houses and such, but we also saw the simplicity, we saw the agriculture, we saw Bauchi in its barest and truest form and words can't describe how amazing it was to see all of that, while sticking to the storyline.

another positive i absolutely loved, was that the movie integrated social media into its plot and the importance of social media on today's world, as well as proper use of it. Most of the movie had Bassey Otu-Ekong (Banky W) detailing his adventures in Bauchi via posts on Instagram, from where he became quite popular, while showing off the beauty of the state he was serving as well as its people. through Instagram, Bassey was able to kill off stereotypes about the North, he was able to connect the small community in which he served, to the rest of the country hundreds of miles away. so, we got to see that social media isn't just an avenue with which people can oppress and bully others, or show off superficial stuff grin, it was also a means of connecting to humanity, a means of reaching out to people. this proved particularly useful later in the movie, when the girls Banky had been training for a certain competition had to drop out because he left. He found out they had dropped out via social media and he returned to complete what he started.

Another positive, was that the movie didn't try to sugarcoat certain facts. Over the years, a lot of people who served i nthe far North have returned with stories that the students do not converse in English, Up North stayed true to this. Bassey (Banky W) initially, had to cross the hurdle of the language barrier when he arrived at the school in which he was to serve. He had to employ the assistance of Maryam (Sadau), a teacher in the school, to help with translations.

I particularly loved the comedic aspect of it. there were so many scenes to laugh at, and they didn't even have to force it, which is more than I can say for Chief Daddy, I hope whoever wrote that script, got to watch Up North and took notes. There was a scene where Bassey was taking pictures of the architecture and was confronted by a man, who accused him of taking pictures of those who were praying. The man, of course, attacked him using Hausa, and he couldn't understand a word of it. it took the intervention of Maryam (Sadau) to douse tensions, and as the men dispersed, she kept saying "Ya Kuri" to appease them, Banky stood behind her, saying the same words, in a rather American way and quite aggressive as well, it was hilarious. Another hilarious scene was where he had to get in a car going to Bauchi, and there was this man with a goat sitting right next to him, and he had to contend with the goat's smell the entire ride. Anyone who has traveled to the North in these cars, should be familiar with the occasional goat in the car grin....all in all, the comedy in this movie was top notch.

The story development was faultless....everything was in place, from the usual aversion that a whole big man pikin was sent to serve in some unpopular state in the North, to Bassey (Wellington) making a friend in camp, who made him love the place so much, he changed his mind about leaving. Down to how he got to teach in the State-owned Girls Only school, where he met some talented girls and trained them to represent the school in a race, which they eventually won. we got to see the highs and the lows, we saw that it wasn't all smooth sailing; the parents protested that their daughters were involved in running, Bassey's father (KOK) came all the way to Bauchi to drag him back to Lagos, when he managed to go back, they had to tackle parents withdrawing the girls from the race, they had to even go to a Sharia court to rule on the religious stand as regards girls' running, their star runner was asthmatic, which caused her father to ban her from running, and she almost didn't make it to the finals, if he hadn't had a change of heart and taken her there himself.

the cinematography was faultless, i mean, one aerial view of Bauchi is enough to convince you someone knew exactly what they were doing, and we got multiple aerial views.....nuff said. The music score....amazing, the choice of music at various scenes, blended in. i dn't know the track they played during the festival, but I need that song on my playlist. The music is easily one of the best I have heard in any Nigerian movie, if not the best. Advert placements were subtle, so subtle, I don't think I caught it all. kudos to the director, I could only spot Fanta and Samsung for sure, i'm still undecided if there were advert placements for Nike as well, cuz there was a lot of zooming in going on for some Nike trainers.

there were so many lessons; acceptance, perseverance, hope, love, the battle between doing what is good for one's self and what is good for one's family......the lessons were inexhaustible and each one, just as valuable as the last. nothing overshadowed the other, both the love story and the story of helping people achieve their dreams, worked hand-in-hand....and there were two love stories to follow. the movie also made sure to respect the traditional Hausa culture, for all of the love stories that fostered in the movie, the closest we saw to a show of affection was a hug between Sadiq (Suleiman) and Zainab (Etomi). We also got to hear a healthy dose of Hausa in the movie, with translations coming in when necessary

Banky's acting was also top notch in the movie, i have to say, he put in a really good performance, better than i've seen him. his every reaction, every emotion, everything was on point, there were barely faults to his acting. i also enjoyed seeing Rahama Sadau on screen, she didn't have to do any heavy acting, but her execution was impressive. for the first time in a long time, Adesua wasn't the lead female adn wasn't the centre of attention, her lines were few. she did more sheepish smiling than actual talking. I am still a wee bit concerned that Nollywood is boxing her into a soft-spoken, emotional character. I still think she hasn't gotten a role to push her beyond her comfort zone, but as expected, she was decent here. This is the first movie i've seen Suleiman in and he executed his role well as Banky's buddy. KOK as the strict father, was great as expected, and Michelle Dede played the upper class sister impressively.

My one negative I would have to say, even though it's not a negative per say, is the constant repetition of "Up North" in the movie, it felt like they were advertising the movie IN the movie undecided. so many times, they had the avenue to just say "Bauchi" or "the North", but rather than use those words, we were plagued with constant "Up North", they were trying too hard with that one.

Up North is a great movie, good storyline, impeccable sound and cinematography, lovely humor and a ton of lessons. it was definitely worth the watch and I would recommend it for anyone home or abroad

Rating: 8/10

Play/Trowey: Find a 42-inch television and play away grin

6 Likes

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by jakandeola(m): 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2019
safarigirl:

Movie Title: Up North

*No Image For Now*

Year: 2018

Cast: Bankole 'Bany W' Wellington, Ibrahim Suleiman, Rahama Sadau, Adesua Etomi Wellington, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Michelle Dede

Genre: Drama

Industry: Nollywood

Run Time: 1hr 40mins

Producer: Anakle Films & Inkblot Productions

Director: Tope Oshin

Plot:

A young, rebellious, wealthy man, is posted to serve in Northern Nigeria and is averse to the idea, but soon, he settles into the simple life the North offers, however, his father insists he must return to the South and this clashes with his desire to remain Up North

Review:

Let me say this now, I am not the biggest fan of the Wellingtons, and when i first saw that they were cast together in this movie, I was like "Oh boy, love interests again?" I know Adesua and her hubby have good chemistry, but i was indeed done with their being paired up after The Wedding Party 1 & 2 and let me say here, that seeing them in the movie, i didn't want to watch it, but then, i saw the trailer and thought to just give the movie a shot.

it was worth it.

There is sooooo much to take away from this movie, aside the fact that the Wellingtons are NOT love interests in this movie (yup, it's safe guys cheesy). so, with no further ado, let me begin with the positives.

The Culture. gosh! There was so much of it, and fixed into as little time as possible. this movie managed to show off the beauty of the culture in Bauchi state, their traditional festivals and the breathtaking scenery of the area, WITHOUT straying from the storyline. While a great part of Bauchi state could be said to be arid, unoccupied lands, it must be stated that where there were structures, they weren't just structures, they were monuments. Be it the Emir's palace or Tafawa Balewa's tomb, the architecture is simply brilliant and the camera captured these monuments wonderfully.

the camera also captured the beauty of the state and its tourist attractions, one of which was the Yankari Games reserve which featured some really HEALTHY animals. Honestly, there were so many scenes in that movie that captured the North beautifully, even as they didn't try to give it an aesthetic sort of beauty. Yes, we saw the deserts, we saw the sparse greenery, we saw the tiny mud houses and such, but we also saw the simplicity, we saw the agriculture, we saw Bauchi in its barest and truest form and words can't describe how amazing it was to see all of that, while sticking to the storyline.

another positive i absolutely loved, was that the movie integrated social media into its plot and the importance of social media on today's world, as well as proper use of it. Most of the movie had Bassey Otu-Ekong (Banky W) detailing his adventures in Bauchi via posts on Instagram, from where he became quite popular, while showing off the beauty of the state he was serving as well as its people. through Instagram, Bassey was able to kill off stereotypes about the North, he was able to connect the small community in which he served, to the rest of the country hundreds of miles away. so, we got to see that social media isn't just an avenue with which people can oppress and bully others, or show off superficial stuff grin, it was also a means of connecting to humanity, a means of reaching out to people. this proved particularly useful later in the movie, when the girls Banky had been training for a certain competition had to drop out because he left. He found out they had dropped out via social media and he returned to complete what he started.

Another positive, was that the movie didn't try to sugarcoat certain facts. Over the years, a lot of people who served i nthe far North have returned with stories that the students do not converse in English, Up North stayed true to this. Bassey (Banky W) initially, had to cross the hurdle of the language barrier when he arrived at the school in which he was to serve. He had to employ the assistance of Maryam (Sadau), a teacher in the school, to help with translations.

I particularly loved the comedic aspect of it. there were so many scenes to laugh at, and they didn't even have to force it, which is more than I can say for Chief Daddy, I hope whoever wrote that script, got to watch Up North and took notes. There was a scene where Bassey was taking pictures of the architecture and was confronted by a man, who accused him of taking pictures of those who were praying. The man, of course, attacked him using Hausa, and he couldn't understand a word of it. it took the intervention of Maryam (Sadau) to douse tensions, and as the men dispersed, she kept saying "Ya Kuri" to appease them, Banky stood behind her, saying the same words, in a rather American way and quite aggressive as well, it was hilarious. Another hilarious scene was where he had to get in a car going to Bauchi, and there was this man with a goat sitting right next to him, and he had to contend with the goat's smell the entire ride. Anyone who has traveled to the North in these cars, should be familiar with the occasional goat in the car grin....all in all, the comedy in this movie was top notch.

The story development was faultless....everything was in place, from the usual aversion that a whole big man pikin was sent to serve in some unpopular state in the North, to Bassey (Wellington) making a friend in camp, who made him love the place so much, he changed his mind about leaving. Down to how he got to teach in the State-owned Girls Only school, where he met some talented girls and trained them to represent the school in a race, which they eventually won. we got to see the highs and the lows, we saw that it wasn't all smooth sailing; the parents protested that their daughters were involved in running, Bassey's father (KOK) came all the way to Bauchi to drag him back to Lagos, when he managed to go back, they had to tackle parents withdrawing the girls from the race, they had to even go to a Sharia court to rule on the religious stand as regards girls' running, their star runner was asthmatic, which caused her father to ban her from running, and she almost didn't make it to the finals, if he hadn't had a change of heart and taken her there himself.

the cinematography was faultless, i mean, one aerial view of Bauchi is enough to convince you someone knew exactly what they were doing, and we got multiple aerial views.....nuff said. The music score....amazing, the choice of music at various scenes, blended in. i dn't know the track they played during the festival, but I need that song on my playlist. The music is easily one of the best I have heard in any Nigerian movie, if not the best. Advert placements were subtle, so subtle, I don't think I caught it all. kudos to the director, I could only spot Fanta and Samsung for sure, i'm still undecided if there were advert placements for Nike as well, cuz there was a lot of zooming in going on for some Nike trainers.

there were so many lessons; acceptance, perseverance, hope, love, the battle between doing what is good for one's self and what is good for one's family......the lessons were inexhaustible and each one, just as valuable as the last. nothing overshadowed the other, both the love story and the story of helping people achieve their dreams, worked hand-in-hand....and there were two love stories to follow. the movie also made sure to respect the traditional Hausa culture, for all of the love stories that fostered in the movie, the closest we saw to a show of affection was a hug between Sadiq (Suleiman) and Zainab (Etomi). We also got to hear a healthy dose of Hausa in the movie, with translations coming in when necessary

Banky's acting was also top notch in the movie, i have to say, he put in a really good performance, better than i've seen him. his every reaction, every emotion, everything was on point, there were barely faults to his acting. i also enjoyed seeing Rahama Sadau on screen, she didn't have to do any heavy acting, but her execution was impressive. for the first time in a long time, Adesua wasn't the lead female adn wasn't the centre of attention, her lines were few. she did more sheepish smiling than actual talking. I am still a wee bit concerned that Nollywood is boxing her into a soft-spoken, emotional character. I still think she hasn't gotten a role to push her beyond her comfort zone, but as expected, she was decent here. This is the first movie i've seen Suleiman in and he executed his role well as Banky's buddy. KOK as the strict father, was great as expected, and Michelle Dede played the upper class sister impressively.

My one negative I would have to say, even though it's not a negative per say, is the constant repetition of "Up North" in the movie, it felt like they were advertising the movie IN the movie undecided. so many times, they had the avenue to just say "Bauchi" or "the North", but rather than use those words, we were plagued with constant "Up North", they were trying too hard with that one.

Up North is a great movie, good storyline, impeccable sound and cinematography, lovely humor and a ton of lessons. it was definitely worth the watch and I would recommend it for anyone home or abroad

Rating: 8/10

Play/Trowey: Find a 42-inch television and play away grin
why did u like film so much
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Isomerizm(m): 11:53am On Jan 25, 2019
jakandeola:
why did u like film so much
(Why did you?)?
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by queenitee(f): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2019
I'm so watching up north

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by safarigirl(f): 9:00pm On Jan 25, 2019
queenitee:
I'm so watching up north
ypu really should

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 26, 2019
safarigirl:
ypu really should

Please I need the link to download the movie. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Kaycee7(m): 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2019
cuteguy14911:

Please I need the link to download the movie. Thanks in anticipation.
Shey after downloading the movie for free, you'll still come and criticize our movie industry for not growing.

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Ignatio(m): 6:54am On Jan 28, 2019
Kaycee7:
Shey after downloading the movie for free, you'll still come and criticize our movie industry for not growing.
Don't mind him.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 28, 2019
Kaycee7:

Hehehehe, Oga time no dey to dey go cinema and besides it's not everyone that loves streaming movies online.

I'll appreciate if you can drop the link. Gracias
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 28, 2019
Ignatio:

Don't mind him.

Lol
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by Oolayeancah(f): 10:13am On Jan 28, 2019
Safarigirl i'm waiting for you to review Kemi Adetiba's King of boys
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by crackhaus: 10:49am On Jan 29, 2019
cinderellashoes:

My friend reviewed the chief daddy movie on her website and according to her it's a great movie. The fact that she loves it doesn't mean that someone else will. I don't know why people don't want others to have opinions. Now I am curios to watch the movie, how do I download it? I couldn't find any download link online.
It's online. Try netnaija
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by crackhaus: 10:53am On Jan 29, 2019
safarigirl:

Lol.

How can you be a complete movie critic/reviewer if you pick and choose what to watch?
The idea is to watch any and everything so you're more grounded and adept at telling a good movie from a bad one masquerading as a good one.

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by crackhaus: 11:05am On Jan 29, 2019
safarigirl:
my dear, see me see trouble o.

The idea of a review is personal opinion and everyone cannot have the same opinion. I didn't even say The Greatest Showman was the best musical ever, man's just being testy
Reviews are professional opinions, not personal opinions...unless you just want to be one of those people who write reviews based on how they feel ONLY.

I like your thread though, especially your reviews of Nigerian cinema movies.

I hardly watch them though, they suffer from either over acting or underacting or just obvious acting (meaning I shouldn't be able to remember I'm watching a movie regardless how far-fetched the story line is, because the actors are so believable in their roles).
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by cinderellashoes(f): 3:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
crackhaus:

Thanks. Which site can I download the greatest show man?
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by cinderellashoes(f): 4:53pm On Jan 29, 2019
crackhaus:

I am trying to download a movie on the site but it keeps taking me to a betnaija website.
Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by safarigirl(f): 7:55pm On Jan 29, 2019
Oolayeancah:
Safarigirl i'm waiting for you to review Kemi Adetiba's King of boys
I haven't seen it.

Planned to see it this week, but my phone was stolen over the weekend and i don use all my money buy new one, do sim replacement and all that.

Don't know if i will be able to see it before it leaves the cinemas

2 Likes

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by safarigirl(f): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol.

How can you be a complete movie critic/reviewer if you pick and choose what to watch?
The idea is to watch any and everything so you're more grounded and adept at telling a good movie from a bad one masquerading as a good one.
I've watched enough good movies to know good from bad.

What we have these days as movies are mostly copies of the good ones made over the years, a lot of which I have seen before i started being picky.The template is the same, even if the execution may be different

Anyway, I was advised to keep my reviews to the local scene, so, i don't have to watch foreign movies unless the ones I wish to.

2 Likes

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by FunctionX(m): 8:15pm On Jan 29, 2019
cinderellashoes:

I am trying to download a movie on the site but it keeps taking me to a betnaija website.
the spirit is trying to tell you something.
don't mind me just joking, but the amount of advert this betting people get is too much.

1 Like

Re: Safari's Movie Reviews by cinderellashoes(f): 10:50am On Jan 30, 2019
FunctionX:

the spirit is trying to tell you something.
don't mind me just joking, but the amount of advert this betting people get is too much.

Lol, after much wahala, I was able to download the greatest showman.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Interestin Korean Movies / BBNaija: I Was Shot By Armed Robbers – Queen / Stop Selling Foreign Films - NFVCB - National Film & Videos Censors Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.