Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! (41799 Views)

My Brother In-law Is Making Advances At Me / Help! My Sister In-law Is Seducing Me / My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 24, 2018
I got so pissed reading this story! It’s not about him being poor or not, he shouldn’t have ever accepted that offer because problems were bound to manifest!! My point is, it’d have been much better if he was managing with his wife in a one room apartment where he was responsible for taking care of his family. His wife would still respect him and he won’t be indebted to his father in law in any way!
kingkakaone:
Not trying to diss u o, but it would be better if we are silent and don't hurt or destroy the self esteem of others,
And...Miss, don't be in a hurry to attack others because they did something wrong.

Everyone makes wrong moves, nobody is above mistake.

He can salvage the situation, all he needs is a clear mind and this Ur anger won't help him.

In this world today, poor people become rich and rich people become poor, don't be surprised that this man will become a very wealthy man in 3 years time.

Robertson of Liverpool is a clear example today...He was rejected by some clubs and even twitted that life was hell 6 years ago, but today he is playing in the UCL finals while some good players have not had the opportunities to even play in the semis.

3 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by koolaid87: 11:13pm On May 24, 2018
I'm a lazy youth.

Ain't reading your epistle but from the topic, i conclude.

If your said father-in-law is paying your rent, then you should accept whatever comes to you thereafter.

Get your sh1t together and get your own fuuckin place
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Wealthycharles(m): 11:13pm On May 24, 2018
No need to share blames. My candid advise is for u to devise a means of raising good sum of money from ur inlaw (maybe thru ur wife) and invest.

Disabuse ur mind from job hunting and start thinking investment. Salary is never a cure for poverty, it's only a medicine to manage poverty. Only investment cures poverty for life. Begin to use ur first class brain to think investment.... U may start small.

At this point bro, put pride aside. U can meek some funds from them and buy ursef a brand new Keke maruwa (640k) and hit the road. U can be saving 20k weekly and 80k monthly while still meeting ur domestic need since u won't have to worry about rent for 3years. In 10months, u must have bought it self another brand new Keke and put it up for hire purchase at 1m+ while the old one is still working. U can also choose to be saving it weekly savings in a mutual fund account (Stanbic into is the best) in this way it saving will grow fast with good profit. At ur spare time at night ur can engage in other online biz just like me.
I yell u before u know ur financial status will change even without a so called corporate salary job.

Open up ur horizon. Opportunities are bound.

Ur in-laws love their daughter so much, as a sharp guy u suppose don gather good bar to establish ur self.

Who knows, ur inlaw may be looking out for that investor instincts in u.

7 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by odayofunmi: 11:14pm On May 24, 2018
Brother, you need prayer especially against slavery. Dont be surprised to know that your glory might be fetching more morning for your father in law. Your wife will surely be guilty of it, its better you get into real prayers and try to encourage her do the same. Yoruba Will Say Isale Oro Legbin.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Delonn(m): 11:14pm On May 24, 2018
winningwinner:

Thanks for this, but I am truly disappointed. I married her with all my heart. We swore for better for worse; for richer for poorer. What's happening now is not what I bargained for. What's next for me. Advise, please.

Marriage is for matured minds and not kids. Sincerely, you had no business getting married in the first place. Is it that you were so naive, stupid or you are just a typical gold digger? Love shouldn't be the only reason for one to get married, no one eats love.
You stupidly resigned your job, because your girlfriend said so, you have been so stupid from the onset, your wife has always make decisions even before she married you, can't you see she actually married you? Her father picked up all your marriage bills and you were so excited. They actually paid for their own daughter's bride price and you want to call yourself a man. Little boy, please go get a job and stop this rubbish already.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by odayofunmi: 11:14pm On May 24, 2018
Brother, you need prayer especially against slavery. Dont be surprised to know that your glory might be fetching more money for your father in law. Your wife will surely be guilty of it, its better you get into real prayers and try to encourage her do the same. Yoruba Will Say Isale Oro Legbin.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by bleskid: 11:15pm On May 24, 2018
Cutehector:
The last thing I would ever do in this life is to lay down my dignity
GOD bless you ..
. twale my guy

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Robocop49ja: 11:20pm On May 24, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

Like the anyone would say you caused this.
How could you have married without a job?
You yielded to the pressure from your inlaw. It shouldn't be sir.

Sorry oo... Since your inlaw has been the one catering for the family needs I'll suggest you talk to him about getting a job for you if he's capable of doing so.

As a father who is financially stable he would never sit down and keep looking at his daughter suffering with her husband who does not have a job. He'll surely meddle.
A man loses his grip in his family when he is faced with financial downturn like yours.

Above all, be prayerful. I have nothing much to say.

☣ ☠

My bro, I support dis idea...
Be THE MAN...
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by CarlosTheJackal: 11:23pm On May 24, 2018
Take all the advice here then use it to make the best decision for yourself
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by nwank85(f): 11:25pm On May 24, 2018
The deed has been done. I can imagine what you are going through right now.
Yesterday is a lesson and tomorrow is an opportunity, I will only advise you to gather the little money you have and start something, no matter how small and at the same time, you find yourself a job. Be prayerful and think outside the box, everything you are passing through will soon be a history.

Remember: Tough times never last but tough people do!
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by dratine(m): 11:26pm On May 24, 2018
You are a fool

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 24, 2018
KillaBeauty:
I got so pissed reading this story! It’s not about him being poor or not, he shouldn’t have ever accepted that offer because problems were bound to manifest!! My point is, it’d have been much better if he was managing with his wife in a one room apartment where he was responsible for taking care of his family. His wife would still respect him and he won’t be indebted to his father in law in any way!
The deed has been done, what he needs now is advice.
He needs advice so he can help himself.
Let's make his mindset OK and clear so he can make things work well for him.

Like I said before, people make mistakes.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by kazyhm(m): 11:29pm On May 24, 2018
KillaBeauty:
I wonder! Is it not better the rich father in law helps him by getting him a job than giving him money all the time? Nawa oh

you opinion shows you dont understand how people with enough money thinks............

What does the guy do all days, all through the months ?

i'm very upset with this guy

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Mikeross62: 11:30pm On May 24, 2018
The deed has been done,you caused every thing but you need to man up and take control of your home

Buy from eBay and amazon,check my siggy below
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by zinaunreal(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2018
They now own you bros.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by jaxxy(m): 11:32pm On May 24, 2018
winningwinner:
Hmmmm! Most of the replies I get for expressing myself on this platform have left me confused. Thanks to the few people that truly understand my plight to offer advice. The mistake has been made and no one is above mistake. I take all the blame, but I'm sincerely tired of the whole thing. I want to quit. Finding a well paying job now is not very easy. I need divine intervention.

U made sm big mistakes bt u can still remedy the situation. Its not a crime to get favors from ur inlaw bt there must be a boundary u don't cross. U shud hv handled the wedding urself or partly to show ure prepared to run ur home its the 1st step. Never take favors from people till u know their mindset and disposition. There are sm people u shudnt even take favors from at all. U hve to put ur feet down and talk 2 ur wife, let her know u can't tolerate the situation and ur definitely not happy with the way things are going, also u want to reduce her dads involvementin ur family affairs, it maybe difficult cos this man has done so much for u guys(wedding and rent bills) bt the truth is if u don't like smtn u must say so and address it with sm actions dats if u still have any balls left. Also get a job or smtn to do, u have a first class it can't be dat hard and talk to ur wife about the new steps u want to take so things go well between u 2. She will inturn talk 2 her dad and make things rite if she values u. If not ur will hv to move to plan b... bt i hope it wont get to dat stage. Cheers
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by linearity: 11:33pm On May 24, 2018
EliteBiz:
Ok, You have to be a Real Man!!!!!! You are the head of your family, Alot of things have to change, but do it wisely

Which family is he a head of?

The one bought and paid for by his father Inlaw or are you talking of another one?

He that pays the piper calls the tune...he can never be the head of anything as long as someone else pays the bill.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by InvertedHammer: 11:36pm On May 24, 2018
I didn't understand the question.

So...

Do you want the man to be paying while you make all the decisions?

He who pays the piper determines the tune.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by jaxxy(m): 11:39pm On May 24, 2018
KillaBeauty:
I wonder! Is it not better the rich father in law helps him by getting him a job than giving him money all the time? Nawa oh

Sm people with money love to control, especially when they see u are weak and naive they cash in on that and pull all ur strings, b4 u know it ure their puppet bt for sm its pure love however Its up to u so set the boundaries and know exactly wat u want. They will either cooperate or backdown. The guy wasn't observant or smart bt everybody learns and he's learning now. Nothing as bad as a disrespectful wife.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by davspog2(m): 11:39pm On May 24, 2018
I'm so sorry bro, you already missed LAW 40, despise free lunch, so as to be from gratitude,deceit and guilt.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by pheonixdld2(m): 11:43pm On May 24, 2018
Hmmmm! You need to first seriously get a job. While you at it, save up. Your wife loves you, the fact that she has not started insulting you says so. Its just that value has reduced in her eyes and I won't also blame her dad, he definitely might be tired of fending for his immediate family and yours. Respect yourself MAN and start fending for your family. You should not cut off her father assistance suddenly, just be able to foot some basic bills( your child school fees, feeding, utility bills)and upgrade from there. My point is: let her see your effort, affirm to her you are the man with actions. You cant be the man of the house when another man is catering and paying the bills.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by owomida1: 11:43pm On May 24, 2018
marvelli:
Its too late. You let your babe take care of you, then your father-in-law. Until you can pay back everything they've spent on you and prove that you can take care of your family in the way they're used to, just stop struggling for respect. Your dignity is already in the gutter sad

God bless your sense.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Sarkin: 11:47pm On May 24, 2018
OP. GOD BLESS YOU... I COULD HAVE ASSISTED YOU WITH 5 MILLION RN BUT I DON'T HAVE. MAY ALLAH THE PROVIDER HELP YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...
EVERYTHING SHALL GO YOUR WAY.
SAY "AMIN" TO THIS PRAYER MY BROTHER, ALL IS WELL
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Innov8ve1: 11:49pm On May 24, 2018
this guy fvck up gann o, how will you quit your job for a girl? like seriously, oboi there is nothing you can do unless you get a good job, start paying your own rent in a house you can afford to live in
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by oshomoshi: 11:52pm On May 24, 2018
Get something doing too
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 24, 2018
Mr. Man, you better keep calm unless you wanna go back to the village. grin

But truthfully speaking, your dad in law thinks he's helping out since the man of the home is like another woman. Get up and look for job. The moment you start acting like a man financially, the old man will let you guys be. To me, I think he doesn't mean bad.

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by AlexJustin(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2018
leaving your home won't solve anything but worsen the case instead.
you just have to man up, look for something to do. it don't have to be a white collar job, you can start a business with the little money you have. above all commit it in God's hands

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by rayobaba(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2018
How come you asking us question at the end of Ur story!
U messed up big time. No matter how u love a girl and no matter how her dad rich, u are not suppose to resign before or after marriage. Guy, two things u shd start doing now paying Ur rent and feeding d family. These two are wat makes man a man.
The price u wl pay now for Ur wrong decisions is to go hustle for job. I can't allow rich father in law service half of these Ur responsibilities he's servicing. Forget respect, u lost it d day u resigned. Just be patient in starting afresh. One step at a time.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by chronique(m): 12:06am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
My name is Dahe. I struggled to graduate from the university. I made first class. After that, I got a job that pays 120k per month. But there is this problem with the job. You work like the bull and hardly have time for yourself. I sometimes sleep in the office just to beat time. It's work all through from morning till night.

There is this girl that I fell in love with. She was 21 then while I was 25. She kept complaining that I always keep to myself at work without a bit of care for her. The complain and accusations kept on till I decided to listen to her. I only worked for two months and had just been paid for the second month.

I invited her over to my house in Abuja. She came, and that time she was on her final year. She came with so many books and by the look of things, she was prepared to stay longer.

As usual, workload took over every event. At midnight, my phone rang and it was my girl. I was afraid to explain anything but I told her I was coming home right away. I did. It was hell in my home. We managed to make love and slept.

The next morning, my MD called demanding my presence. My girl insisted that I call him back and ask for a break that day. I did not.

Rather, I begged her and went to work. I truly loved her and wanted to propose to her before she goes back to school. But to make her feel good and belonged, I called her on phone to break the news. I proposed to her.

My MD sent for me to ask that I work through the night again. I said no. He pleaded, but I refused. It was hard saying no, but I had no choice.

At home my girl had turned herself into a ready made wife and I regretted not proposing to her till now.
I did not go to work the next day due to the new development at home. You understand what I mean..
My MD called to vent his anger, but I was calm and my girl swore never return to me if I didn't resign from the work. I took her word and resigned.

I looked for another work to no avail. She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money. Her father is rich.
She called me and asked me to speak with her mom and after some weeks, the dad. They kept saying, "please take good care of our daughter, don't break her heart".

My girl gratuated with a 2.1 honours and I attended her graduation ceremony where I met her parents live. After some weeks, her father called me to ask me about my plans with her daughter, I did not hide anything, and he told me to act fast.

A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything. I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception.

He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

My wife no longer takes my advice, what do I do? I need your candid advice on this matter. Please help me!

MY QUESTION: Will you as a father leave your home to meddle on your daughter's own home? Why won't you allow her to build her home with her husband?

For now,you need to fucking shut up your mouth and not say anything. When you get a decent job and your balls have started growing, then you say something.

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:07am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
My name is Dahe. I struggled to graduate from the university. I made first class. After that, I got a job that pays 120k per month. But there is this problem with the job. You work like the bull and hardly have time for yourself. I sometimes sleep in the office just to beat time. It's work all through from morning till night.

There is this girl that I fell in love with. She was 21 then while I was 25. She kept complaining that I always keep to myself at work without a bit of care for her. The complain and accusations kept on till I decided to listen to her. I only worked for two months and had just been paid for the second month.

I invited her over to my house in Abuja. She came, and that time she was on her final year. She came with so many books and by the look of things, she was prepared to stay longer.

As usual, workload took over every event. At midnight, my phone rang and it was my girl. I was afraid to explain anything but I told her I was coming home right away. I did. It was hell in my home. We managed to make love and slept.

The next morning, my MD called demanding my presence. My girl insisted that I call him back and ask for a break that day. I did not.

Rather, I begged her and went to work. I truly loved her and wanted to propose to her before she goes back to school. But to make her feel good and belonged, I called her on phone to break the news. I proposed to her.

My MD sent for me to ask that I work through the night again. I said no. He pleaded, but I refused. It was hard saying no, but I had no choice.

At home my girl had turned herself into a ready made wife and I regretted not proposing to her till now.
I did not go to work the next day due to the new development at home. You understand what I mean..
My MD called to vent his anger, but I was calm and my girl swore never return to me if I didn't resign from the work. I took her word and resigned.

I looked for another work to no avail. She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money. Her father is rich.
She called me and asked me to speak with her mom and after some weeks, the dad. They kept saying, "please take good care of our daughter, don't break her heart".

My girl gratuated with a 2.1 honours and I attended her graduation ceremony where I met her parents live. After some weeks, her father called me to ask me about my plans with her daughter, I did not hide anything, and he told me to act fast.

A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything. I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception.

He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

My wife no longer takes my advice, what do I do? I need your candid advice on this matter. Please help me!

MY QUESTION: Will you as a father leave your home to meddle on your daughter's own home? Why won't you allow her to build her home with her husband?
Nigga you lost it when you resigned your job because of a girl's whining. A girl you were not yet married to? Pathetic.

Bro you need to get a job and be back on your feet without your in-laws assistance; only then can you regain your voice as a man.

Note that, should your in-laws go ahead to get you a job, you would still be subjected under their dictates...So man up, and get back on your feet by yourself. Or else, stop complaining.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by stonemasonn: 12:14am On May 25, 2018
enabledgoddess:

In this case, the woman is not complementing you, you have been bought , and your pride trashed. Keep quiet and listen "Mr married man without a job yet demands full respect from wife and Inlaw"
Chai you guys should give the guy a break nah..
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by dozymars(m): 12:15am On May 25, 2018
Firstly, why haven't you learnt how to summarize.

Secondly, get a job and ensure you summarize your cv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? / Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift / Man Sexually Molested/harassed Shares Story Also Advises Parents (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.