Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,481 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! (41798 Views)

My Brother In-law Is Making Advances At Me / Help! My Sister In-law Is Seducing Me / My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by obowunmi(m): 12:28am On May 25, 2018
kazyhm:

you opinion shows you dont understand how people with enough money thinks............

What does the guy do all days, all through the months ?

i'm very upset with this guy

He sleeps, eats, begs and offer his wife goood deek.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by ovo12: 12:39am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
Hmmmm! Most of the replies I get for expressing myself on this platform have left me confused. Thanks to the few people that truly understand my plight to offer advice. The mistake has been made and no one is above mistake. I take all the blame, but I'm sincerely tired of the whole thing. I want to quit. Finding a well paying job now is not very easy. I need divine intervention.

If u no see job do tell ur papa inlaw make him give u moni to start bizness ... no be ur fault bro as far say u love ur wife and she love u back matter end. na person day help person to be rich... no condition is permanent

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by carlosSeyi(m): 12:42am On May 25, 2018
marvelli:
talk to her. Make her understand that you feel emasculated because her dad runs the house and has a say in your every decision. Hopefully she stops telling her father personal things that way he cannot advice. That being said, your father in law is still the head of your house as long as he's still footing the bills. Please try and find a job very soon. For pride's sake. I wish you the best.
God bless you for this input...
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by carlosSeyi(m): 12:47am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
Hmmmm! Most of the replies I get for expressing myself on this platform have left me confused. Thanks to the few people that truly understand my plight to offer advice. The mistake has been made and no one is above mistake. I take all the blame, but I'm sincerely tired of the whole thing. I want to quit. Finding a well paying job now is not very easy. I need divine intervention.
there is one sure thing I know about dignity and respect... its mostly gotten from little little things..then it accrues...you can build it up from the little little taking-charge as a man...try to start doing something... your responsible 5k may have weight than a 50k her dad is trying to offer... my 1kobo
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by CeeManCollins(m): 12:48am On May 25, 2018
My dear, you made a very good decision marrying that girl, there is absolutely nothing wrong getting married while you r jobless. When will the job come and when it comes how much will you earn? My dear you had a job when you met her but she talked you into resigning placing your love first. The thing now is you have man up and act fast, your in laws pays your rent, you guys are not hungry her family still services her bank account. While you still search for jobs, talk to your lovely wife and see how you two can come up with entrepreneurial ideas then take it to your in law, let them help out once and for all, for how long will they be giving you fish? Some people may say what you did was wrong but my idea it’s only Africa such can come from. If you didn’t do what u did, you would have still been a chronic bachelor probably, jobless and no kids but in all it’s only one you don’t have at the moment. You sound like you two still love each other and are happy, joblessness is just your problem because your wife insults you indirectly but always remind that you made that sacrifice for you two to be together and that she was a kid not to understand that some jobs need more than time than is given to the family. You story would have been a case of women from 40yrs and above, they are not married, they refused to be baby mama because of what people will say and now have aborted their lives out, with or without jobs they are still answering their fathers names, filled with regrets. Bro. You have nothing to lose, your gain their pain. Fire down for number two no dulling. You have money women insult, you don’t have they disrespect you, you have you won’t to waste it on their excessive demands they still disrespect you, you have before you don’t have again they do the same. Bro lucky you, most men worry about infidelity and here you worry about just bad mouth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by grandstar(m): 12:51am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
My name is Dahe. I struggled to graduate from the university. I made first class. After that, I got a job that pays 120k per month. But there is this problem with the job. You work like the bull and hardly have time for yourself. I sometimes sleep in the office just to beat time. It's work all through from morning till night.

There is this girl that I fell in love with. She was 21 then while I was 25. She kept complaining that I always keep to myself at work without a bit of care for her. The complain and accusations kept on till I decided to listen to her. I only worked for two months and had just been paid for the second month.

I invited her over to my house in Abuja. She came, and that time she was on her final year. She came with so many books and by the look of things, she was prepared to stay longer.

As usual, workload took over every event. At midnight, my phone rang and it was my girl. I was afraid to explain anything but I told her I was coming home right away. I did. It was hell in my home. We managed to make love and slept.

The next morning, my MD called demanding my presence. My girl insisted that I call him back and ask for a break that day. I did not.

Rather, I begged her and went to work. I truly loved her and wanted to propose to her before she goes back to school. But to make her feel good and belonged, I called her on phone to break the news. I proposed to her.

My MD sent for me to ask that I work through the night again. I said no. He pleaded, but I refused. It was hard saying no, but I had no choice.

At home my girl had turned herself into a ready made wife and I regretted not proposing to her till now.
I did not go to work the next day due to the new development at home. You understand what I mean..
My MD called to vent his anger, but I was calm and my girl swore never return to me if I didn't resign from the work. I took her word and resigned.

I looked for another work to no avail. She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money. Her father is rich.
She called me and asked me to speak with her mom and after some weeks, the dad. They kept saying, "please take good care of our daughter, don't break her heart".

My girl gratuated with a 2.1 honours and I attended her graduation ceremony where I met her parents live. After some weeks, her father called me to ask me about my plans with her daughter, I did not hide anything, and he told me to act fast.

A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything. I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception.

He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

My wife no longer takes my advice, what do I do? I need your candid advice on this matter. Please help me!

MY QUESTION: Will you as a father leave your home to meddle on your daughter's own home? Why won't you allow her to build her home with her husband?

I don't see any problem here

The real problem is that you're jobless.

What's important now is that you find a job. That may be tough with the awful economy we have today.

Keep searching, one day you'll find. Until then, just put up with your in-laws behavior. See it as a small irritation and not the end of the world. Just put up with the handouts till you get a job. You wont die and this stage will certainly pass. Don't worsen things by fighting your fathwr-in-law. You'll just worsen matters. Simply swallow your pride for a while.

See yourself as an illegal migrant in let's say America. You dey work. you dey hide your face. You take all kinds of poo because you don't want to be deported. As an illegal, if you start fighting for your rights, where do you think that will lead you especially this trump time? Back to square one.

As an illegal, you'll focus on doing as many odd jobs only available to illegal migrants so as to make money. You sacrifice your rights for progress.

Also remember the words of Apostle to Paul, "that as far as it is possible, be peaceable with all men" especially your fathwr-in-law(Romans 12:18) So, just ignore him

Have you thought of starting your own business.

Don't tell me you don't have money. You don't need money to start lots of business.

You can do online freelancing on sites like fiverr and freelancer.com. Check Naira land business and make enquiries.

You can also be an estate agent. You can work for a estate agent for a year for low pay and then start your own estate agency. Your home can be your office. All you need to start is your phone.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by CeeManCollins(m): 12:58am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

So true love is dead? Does that mean my girl only wanted to get married and nothing more?

She was quite young and in love not like she wanted to get married, or that age was catching up with her, she made a very wise choice if not she will just be sleeping around now with different men. Man you don’t know how lucky you are. Even with all my money I can’t find a wife, there are no wives, pls when u are taking a long walk away from home just gimme your address and don’t come back again
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by CeeManCollins(m): 1:03am On May 25, 2018
DonPiiko:
does your wife have a sister, I am asking for a friend?

You see, you complain of disrespect but this guy is ready to still marry your sister in law same way. Who wan suffer? He is probably approaching 40s with no signs of a bad job sef
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by lilyheaven: 1:05am On May 25, 2018
consultancy:
this story sha
na eeh, the story sounds like nollywood line story.
Who doez that in this present age.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by babzo(m): 1:12am On May 25, 2018
WomanOfRace:
If l tell you l feel sorry for you eeh , call me a lier! Imagine what you are saying, you resigned, you proposed, your in-laws founded your wedding, day to day expenses. Your woman was wiring money into your account...hmmm where is the man in you ?

You wanted it the easy way out and in and you got it. You have no value in her eyes the day you started dancing her music and becoming a liability to her and her family.

I will suggest you suspend any ldea of having kids with her yet if you are yet to; get a job, stop collecting from her and her family...leave a life you can afford and if she is not comfortable and wouldnt see reasons with you being in charge and living not above your income, then she can walk.

You need to put your life together...this kind of girl will still leave you, cheat on you, and have you remain her puppet till she is done with you.

A stitch in time saves nine...do not start what you cannot finish. You came to this world alone and will die alone. Love ni, love ko....respect and understanding matters.

Fear this madam o
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by djon78(m): 1:23am On May 25, 2018
Dude you need God
You need divine intervention
Because your destiny has been misdirected
Only God's help will deliver you from this debacle.

Your job was stressful, but it was your pride. But now no dignity. You have been caged. My dear, God, intensive praying can lose the unseen chains and spell you are under.

You need God to get a new job and start all over again. To direct your home rightly. You need God.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Jeferious: 1:30am On May 25, 2018
The things I just read made me grind with bitterness and malice. It's a miracle I'm not crying.

I won't say all I learnt from this experience. But then I'd admit this one so that others can learn too. Women operate very emotionally, and unless you're trying to get some benefits and hit the road once again, don't ever get as emotional as them. Know what you want as a man and chase those things only. Let your focus be on your self-interest and goal 24/7.

I dunno why men are getting this weak. Love is not for us- I mean the romantic love. F##k that kitten and get back in line. There are way too many responsibilities for a man to be wasting time on women. If them say make them close the institution of marriage, na women go suffer am pass. That's why an insane majority of the female folk anticipate their wedding day as their happiest day on earth.

Op, a wily part of me would have laid low and gained enough financial benefits from the old man, and then run away from him and his daughter to an unknown destination when I have gathered enough. But that is the coward's way to bow out. What the brave part of me would do is to find a line of hustle, leave the house and rent and apartment I paid for with my own money, back up spiritually(babalawo things)...and then send their daughter back to them. Anything wey go sup, make e sup. A man die only once.

4 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Slamjamz22(m): 1:49am On May 25, 2018
See this mugu... Your wife's father paid for your wedding, paid 3years rent for you, and even credited your account, and you came here complaining you deserve respect from your wife , that your father in-law should allow you run your home.. which family which home

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by greenguy: 1:51am On May 25, 2018
From your story, he never meddled in your business, you invited him. Go and get a job. Your wife loves you without doubt, but you can't be broke and be in charge. Ask Kenye.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by October1960: 1:53am On May 25, 2018
No such thing as divine intervention. Just hard work and using intellect. No divine intervention has come to help Nigeria.

winningwinner:

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by sirlop(m): 2:00am On May 25, 2018
femi4:
He that plays the piper dictates its tune. You are not responsible financially, hence your in-laws call the shot
“Pays”
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by babanne(m): 2:02am On May 25, 2018
Jeferious:
The things I just read made me grind with bitterness and malice. It's a miracle I'm not crying.

I won't say all I learnt from this experience. But then I'd admit this one so that others can learn too. Women operate very emotionally, and unless you're trying to get some benefits and hit the road once again, don't ever get as emotional as them. Know what you want as a man and chase those things only. Let your focus be on your self-interest and goal 24/7.

I dunno why men are getting this weak. Love is not for us- I mean the romantic love. F##k that kitten and get back in line. There are way too many responsibilities for a man to be wasting time on women. If them say make them close the institution of marriage, na women go suffer am pass. That's why an insane majority of the female folk anticipate their wedding day as their happiest day on earth.

Op, a wily part of me would have laid low and gained enough financial benefits from the old man, and then run away from him and his daughter to an unknown destination when I have gathered enough. But that is the coward's way to bow out. What the brave part of me would do is to find a line of hustle, leave the house and rent and apartment I paid for with my own money, back up spiritually(babalawo things)...and then send their daughter back to them. Anything wey go sup, make e sup. A man die only once.

Crazy!
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by openmine(m): 2:17am On May 25, 2018
The mistake was letting her to manipulate U by threatening to leave U if u don't quit Ur Job.....

Once U quit Ur job,She took the drivers seat and was in control by flourishing Ur bank account with "good cash" which was too tempting for U to resist!

When U innocently but ignorantly told ur future father in law about ur cash constraints,he then fully took charge of ur marriage by ensuring the rents were fully paid and the wedding expenses were fully covered by him!

The rest as U already know is history.....

My advise for U is to first get a job.....
Don't even think of meeting ur father in law for a job.....
If he is meddling in ur marriage,just imagine what will happen when he gets a job for U....U will forever be indebted to him and in the process diminish any single respect he once had for u!

Go and get a Job!
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nwaohafia1: 2:29am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
My name is Dahe. I struggled to graduate from the university. I made first class. After that, I got a job that pays 120k per month. But there is this problem with the job. You work like the bull and hardly have time for yourself. I sometimes sleep in the office just to beat time. It's work all through from morning till night.

There is this girl that I fell in love with. She was 21 then while I was 25. She kept complaining that I always keep to myself at work without a bit of care for her. The complain and accusations kept on till I decided to listen to her. I only worked for two months and had just been paid for the second month.

I invited her over to my house in Abuja. She came, and that time she was on her final year. She came with so many books and by the look of things, she was prepared to stay longer.

As usual, workload took over every event. At midnight, my phone rang and it was my girl. I was afraid to explain anything but I told her I was coming home right away. I did. It was hell in my home. We managed to make love and slept.

The next morning, my MD called demanding my presence. My girl insisted that I call him back and ask for a break that day. I did not.

Rather, I begged her and went to work. I truly loved her and wanted to propose to her before she goes back to school. But to make her feel good and belonged, I called her on phone to break the news. I proposed to her.

My MD sent for me to ask that I work through the night again. I said no. He pleaded, but I refused. It was hard saying no, but I had no choice.

At home my girl had turned herself into a ready made wife and I regretted not proposing to her till now.
I did not go to work the next day due to the new development at home. You understand what I mean..
My MD called to vent his anger, but I was calm and my girl swore never return to me if I didn't resign from the work. I took her word and resigned.

I looked for another work to no avail. She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money. Her father is rich.
She called me and asked me to speak with her mom and after some weeks, the dad. They kept saying, "please take good care of our daughter, don't break her heart".

My girl gratuated with a 2.1 honours and I attended her graduation ceremony where I met her parents live. After some weeks, her father called me to ask me about my plans with her daughter, I did not hide anything, and he told me to act fast.

A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything. I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception.

He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

My wife no longer takes my advice, what do I do? I need your candid advice on this matter. Please help me!

MY QUESTION: Will you as a father leave your home to meddle on your daughter's own home? Why won't you allow her to build her home with her husband?

He who pays the piper...dictates the tune. Man up!!!
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Dollabiz: 2:30am On May 25, 2018
hmmm
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nwaohafia1: 2:31am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

Thanks a lot, but how much money will I be able to make now that will bring back the usual love my wife had for me? Will I be able to satisfy her in anything again? I actually need to dislodge her father and start marrying her as my wife or else I take a far journey away from home.

Look for job or start something...just earn and contribute to your family...no matter how small. That way, your respect will gradually come back
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nwaohafia1: 2:33am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

I sincerely appreciate your contribution here, but I did what I did out of love and didn't think of the future implications.
I truly need to be properly advised. I'm thinking of leaving home to a far away place. More help please.

A very wrong move. You are shooting gun with the nozzle facing you. You have a child, remember? Man up...just Man Up.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by LordAdamX: 2:44am On May 25, 2018
Origin:
Long story short......

You live in his house, eat his food, wear his clothes, spend his money....

Bros you are married to your father in law.... grin

And as a wife you have to listen to your husband o.

LAWD have mercy!

PS: After reading the whole thread, n*gga must be kicking himself why he came on here to share his troubles. Anyway the way out is clear enough. It's up to him to use the innate intelligence he clearly has not been using.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by badboyphc: 2:47am On May 25, 2018
I will say this: You are very arrogant. Why do you expect to be respected and all you say to be adhered to by your wife? You have clearly not been a responsible fellow. Your father inlaw is the head of the family by right of he providing for you. Humble yourself and work diplomatically together with your wife and her family. You may finally get a job, and until you begin paying your bills, you must respect your Father in law. And I hope by God this is not your real name...You are just digging your grave deeper. First Class in school doesn't mean First Class brain. You are a paragon of this phenomenon

3 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Nelsizzy(m): 2:54am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
Guy, what are you even saying? You father in law footed your wedding to his daughter, clothed you, provided shelter for you, fed you and now you want him not to meddle in your affairs. Are you normal? My only advice to you is to imagine this same scenario happening to your daughter. Mehn, u fall hand big time.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by pedrilo: 3:19am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

I'm trying my best, not that I am wasting away somehow, but can I ever match the millions in her bank account and that of her father to make her reason together with me?
you are definitely not a first class material. Pls return that certificate and collect a 3rd class. That's what u truly deserve.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Dinani: 3:27am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

I'm trying my best, not that I am wasting away somehow, but can I ever match the millions in her bank account and that of her father to make her reason together with me?

Gee forget about the money she or her father has...learn to man up and be contented with anything u have from another job...go out and get something doing...be the man of the house if u still want the marriage no matter what but shun violence along the way...just man up bro...may God help u
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Taiwo20(m): 4:04am On May 25, 2018
If the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?

Rebuild,
There's no man that a woman doesn't control....It just that a man should know when to take charge.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by FX(m): 4:13am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
But you're a first class student. Getting jobs and scholarship should not be a challenge to a first Class student. There are banks and companies that offer instant jobs to first Class student. You have a bright future ahead. If you even get a job, they will still not respect you. Tell them you are travelling to Canada to run your masters and Phd, then when you get abroad you can do what ever you like. Go international. You even have a rich father in law. Use them to your advantage.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:21am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

Greedy SOB, you took the easy way out. For your info, you will NEVER get the respect deserved even if you get a job. Ignore the Man up responses. You acted like a typical Yahoo Boi, but the difference is you stayed with the Maga grin

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by switosman(m): 4:37am On May 25, 2018
Guy hope is not lost, the the prodigal son in the bible, can man up and make amends?

Guy your are first class graduate!

Understand your circumstance and strategize thats all...

you can please your girl and please yourself, until you find a way to do that, you cannot find a balance.

my advice, finding a job is good but meanwhile give your life a meaning, get a masters degree or do something that give you joy even if the money coming in is little.
explore forex trading online.
shell, chevron, mobil oil coys can give you job find out from the net..
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by rhazur(m): 4:41am On May 25, 2018
If your parents no fit advice you, na nairaland people go kon advice you?? Mumu!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her? / Woman Turns Husband To House Boy Over N2.5m Gift / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.