Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,214 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! (41797 Views)

My Brother In-law Is Making Advances At Me / Help! My Sister In-law Is Seducing Me / My Mother In-law Is Doing This , And She Is Pushing Me !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Saintblastar(m): 5:08am On May 25, 2018
guy de girl done nak u jazz, ur ancestors don run leave you and as foolish u are u might not convaill u plans to an elderly man so now u are being married by the girl as a house husband so bare it and continue with the house work
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by femi4: 5:13am On May 25, 2018
sirlop:

“Pays”
typo
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by kayzEkefre(m): 5:16am On May 25, 2018
Gold digger
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Millichamp(m): 5:18am On May 25, 2018
Is it possible for a First class graduate to be looking for Job for long? Not possible!

I'll advise you start applying and look for a job. You shouldn't have resigned, that was a big mistake on your side.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by IkemChris(m): 5:23am On May 25, 2018
Bros stop collecting anything from the papa and look for your own life before these people turn you to a weakling and make you look like woman wrapa
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by miqos02(m): 5:29am On May 25, 2018
LarryBeryl:
Man up!!!!
MAN up when he is not paying the bills? You are wicked oh. He needs a job first.

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:30am On May 25, 2018
marvelli:
Its too late. You let your babe take care of you, then your father-in-law. Until you can pay back everything they've spent on you and prove that you can take care of your family in the way they're used to, just stop struggling for respect. Your dignity is already in the gutter sad

That's the bitter truth.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:31am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

Thanks a lot, but how much money will I be able to make now that will bring back the usual love my wife had for me? Will I be able to satisfy her in anything again? I actually need to dislodge her father and start marrying her as my wife or else I take a far journey away from home.

What do you mean by taking a far journey away from home? Stop sounding like a sissy! You created this mess, so stay and clean it up...not thinking about absconding!
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by isybeke(f): 5:35am On May 25, 2018
The truth is if u get urself a job, u will definitely gain ur respect back
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:36am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
Hmmmm! Most of the replies I get for expressing myself on this platform have left me confused. Thanks to the few people that truly understand my plight to offer advice. The mistake has been made and no one is above mistake. I take all the blame, but I'm sincerely tired of the whole thing. I want to quit. Finding a well paying job now is not very easy. I need divine intervention.

You want to quit from what? Your marriage?
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:38am On May 25, 2018
@Zicoraads. You picking anything from this thread?
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Subexclusive(m): 5:39am On May 25, 2018
I feel there is more into this situation. I would ask if your wife is the only child? If yes that's the first part of the problem, her parents wants a man that will be there for her and that will succumb to her, cos if not,she should have a job with the way you speak of her father.. also why is it that her father can't get you a good job ? And why is it that her father doesn't pay into your account but her's? Think deeply about these things, they want you to be just a Husband figure.
All well and good, all I will advice you if it's a good one is that 1. Keep hunting for a job(good pay or average pay), but do this extremely silent without anyone knowing
2. Try as much as possible to get cash out of her hand majorly for you to save as a back up
3. Connect with your friends and brainstorm on a way out, you don't have to talk with all your mouth too
4. Hold strong on your FAITH/BELIEVE so as to conquer faster
5. Do not in anyway fight your wife and her parents at least till you get an headway/break through
If you want to catch a monkey, you have to behave like a monkey
I wish you the best out of this
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by mukthar2000(m): 5:47am On May 25, 2018
guy, u cause all this to urself l, how could ur girlfriend ask u to quite ur job and u did just becos her father has money, u should not have allow her father to pay for ur rent, i could remember when i was jobless and my mother -inlaw ask me to move to any of ther building, instantly i quickly reject the offer, she only help her daughther so that she can care for house need, y i was seriousely searching for another job till i got one, but in ur own case, i think u cause it all。My advice is to act fast to get another job for urself not advicable to quite from ur family pls
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by HerXLNC(f): 5:50am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
My name is Dahe. I struggled to graduate from the university. I made first class. After that, I got a job that pays 120k per month. But there is this problem with the job. You work like the bull and hardly have time for yourself. I sometimes sleep in the office just to beat time. It's work all through from morning till night.

There is this girl that I fell in love with. She was 21 then while I was 25. She kept complaining that I always keep to myself at work without a bit of care for her. The complain and accusations kept on till I decided to listen to her. I only worked for two months and had just been paid for the second month.

I invited her over to my house in Abuja. She came, and that time she was on her final year. She came with so many books and by the look of things, she was prepared to stay longer.

As usual, workload took over every event. At midnight, my phone rang and it was my girl. I was afraid to explain anything but I told her I was coming home right away. I did. It was hell in my home. We managed to make love and slept.

The next morning, my MD called demanding my presence. My girl insisted that I call him back and ask for a break that day. I did not.

Rather, I begged her and went to work. I truly loved her and wanted to propose to her before she goes back to school. But to make her feel good and belonged, I called her on phone to break the news. I proposed to her.

My MD sent for me to ask that I work through the night again. I said no. He pleaded, but I refused. It was hard saying no, but I had no choice.

At home my girl had turned herself into a ready made wife and I regretted not proposing to her till now.
I did not go to work the next day due to the new development at home. You understand what I mean..
My MD called to vent his anger, but I was calm and my girl swore never return to me if I didn't resign from the work. I took her word and resigned.

I looked for another work to no avail. She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money. Her father is rich.
She called me and asked me to speak with her mom and after some weeks, the dad. They kept saying, "please take good care of our daughter, don't break her heart".

My girl gratuated with a 2.1 honours and I attended her graduation ceremony where I met her parents live. After some weeks, her father called me to ask me about my plans with her daughter, I did not hide anything, and he told me to act fast.

A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything. I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception.

He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

My wife no longer takes my advice, what do I do? I need your candid advice on this matter. Please help me!

MY QUESTION: Will you as a father leave your home to meddle on your daughter's own home? Why won't you allow her to build her home with her husband?

Yo shouldn't have left your Job for any reason... There's dignity in labour... Buh the deed ve been done.
Coming to your father in-law.... He's probably seeing that ure too small to handle a home and certain issues hence he's meddling... Because he's seeing you both as his kids

Another thing is don't always feel your decision is right, ur father in-law have been there before and since he's having a happy home as I pressume he can mentor you. Please drop your ego as d head of the house and you and your wife can work as one..... Sit your wife down and tell her why u don't want her to discuss your family discussions with her family.

Another thing is... Stop looking for job... Get a loan from your father in-law and set up a business

My one piece

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by zigi(f): 6:00am On May 25, 2018
Am this is some nollywood shit!!! If dis is real u deserve 50 lashes by sharia court. How can u let a woman abi inlaws feed u?? Receipt for disaster. The wife u paid for will insult u talkless of the one that paid for u........
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by franchasng: 6:00am On May 25, 2018
It is a taboo, an abomination for a man to marry without a job or business or handwork! angry angry

....and I am wondering which foolish rich man allowed his own beloved daughter to marry a man without a job That man must be a money miss road!

If he is that rich, let him establish his daughter a big flourishing business, build her a house not rent.....if he has swore not to empower his daughter's husband angry
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Bullhari007(m): 6:03am On May 25, 2018
lazy young pappi
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by tj4luck(m): 6:07am On May 25, 2018
First of all, for you to correct anything go and get a source of income job, business just ensure something is come in for you too. Thereafter you must be ready to fight a battle with your wife and her father. Stop whatever you collecting from the father and do not care with whatever your wife might have in her bank then tell her what you like and what you don't like if she does not listen threaten to stay away from the relationship. With this, she and her parents will learn sense.

However, if truly her father is rich then he should be able to set you up with a business instead of sending the money to your wife's account... My 10kobo advice
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Mrflyguy: 6:10am On May 25, 2018
All in the name of money. You disrespected yourself and your village. Go find a job and take charge of your house
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by BigBrother9ja: 6:11am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:
My name is Dahe. I struggled to graduate from the university. I made first class. After that, I got a job that pays 120k per month. But there is this problem with the job. You work like the bull and hardly have time for yourself. I sometimes sleep in the office just to beat time. It's work all through from morning till night.

There is this girl that I fell in love with. She was 21 then while I was 25. She kept complaining that I always keep to myself at work without a bit of care for her. The complain and accusations kept on till I decided to listen to her. I only worked for two months and had just been paid for the second month.

I invited her over to my house in Abuja. She came, and that time she was on her final year. She came with so many books and by the look of things, she was prepared to stay longer.

As usual, workload took over every event. At midnight, my phone rang and it was my girl. I was afraid to explain anything but I told her I was coming home right away. I did. It was hell in my home. We managed to make love and slept.

The next morning, my MD called demanding my presence. My girl insisted that I call him back and ask for a break that day. I did not.

Rather, I begged her and went to work. I truly loved her and wanted to propose to her before she goes back to school. But to make her feel good and belonged, I called her on phone to break the news. I proposed to her.

My MD sent for me to ask that I work through the night again. I said no. He pleaded, but I refused. It was hard saying no, but I had no choice.

At home my girl had turned herself into a ready made wife and I regretted not proposing to her till now.
I did not go to work the next day due to the new development at home. You understand what I mean..
My MD called to vent his anger, but I was calm and my girl swore never return to me if I didn't resign from the work. I took her word and resigned.

I looked for another work to no avail. She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money. Her father is rich.
She called me and asked me to speak with her mom and after some weeks, the dad. They kept saying, "please take good care of our daughter, don't break her heart".

My girl gratuated with a 2.1 honours and I attended her graduation ceremony where I met her parents live. After some weeks, her father called me to ask me about my plans with her daughter, I did not hide anything, and he told me to act fast.

A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything. I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception.

He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

My wife no longer takes my advice, what do I do? I need your candid advice on this matter. Please help me!

MY QUESTION: Will you as a father leave your home to meddle on your daughter's own home? Why won't you allow her to build her home with her husband?
You are a lazy and very irresponsible man.
How dare you complain!?
So because you made 1st class and your wife made you to resign your 120k job, we should blame your wife abi?
1st class indeed!
How can you say you can't find a job still after so many years? Can't you use your head and think of something?
Can't you ask for loan even from your "maga" father inlaw and start a business?

You deserve more than any so-called Disrespectful treatment you get from your wife and father inlaw.
YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO MANHOOD,
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by DavidEsq(m): 6:12am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

I sincerely appreciate your contribution here, but I did what I did out of love and didn't think of the future implications.
I truly need to be properly advised. I'm thinking of leaving home to a far away place. More help please.
Aha! I said it! Na ur type dey so so dey read till dem wan kee themselves for sch. No interaction to get small experience or stuff like dat. As soon u see puna, ur brain format, as the tin catch ur body like Kai Kai.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by franchasng: 6:13am On May 25, 2018
isybeke:
The truth is if u get urself a job, u will definitely gain ur respect back
he doesn't need to wait until he gets a job because there are no jobs in Nigeria of today!

Let him find a way anyhow to startup a business or trade! If he is so determined, he will definitely find a way to start a business online or offline.

Op stop waiting for a job. Only lazy people rely on their academic certificate that almost everybody now has.

Being a university graduate today is equal to being a secondary school leaver, it has no more value in today Nigeria.

Your skill, your talent, what you can do with your hands and brain are the only things that can guarantee you financial success in Nigeria of 2018.

Ladies stop marrying any guy that's so cool and proud of being a graduate from so so and so university, gone are the days being a university graduate makes your future bright.

We are in the era of talent, skill and business smartness. Academic qualification is gradually phasing out and will soon expire completely.

So young men and women of Nigeria, brace up, go and learn a skill, acquire a special skill while in school; learn to work on the internet to earn money legally...start a business or trade while in school, don't wait till you graduate.

Learn computer programming, coding, web design and development, app development, graphic design, boting, and start early to practice it while in school.

Op messed up, and he has to live with the consequences until divine help comes his way
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Jazmiynne: 6:14am On May 25, 2018
In a way I feel bad for you, yet I still can't grasp that someone would open his eyes and let soap enter.

winningwinner: She kept servicing my bank account with lots of money.Her father is rich.

Genesis of your problem is that you took your babe's insistence (by the way you know she only insisted because she was angry that the job stole your attention from her during the visit, not like she truly and honestly wanted you to resign) and resigned from a 120k job without having a backup in this recession. Your babe that was still a student then o... And you were comfortable receiving bank alerts from your non-working rich kid babe.

winningwinner: A month later, I called him to inform him of my plans to marry his daughter the coming Christmas, but only that money was the big issue. He told me to go on with my plans that he will take care of everything.I jumped at it and we wedded. He took care of everything starting from invitation card to reception

As if that wasn't enough show of laxity, still in your jobless state you carry phone de call person Papa say you wan marry. Marry with what? And feed with love? A man that has 50k hard earned money to his name is more eligible for marriage than a jobless you na.
Okay, the dad now said oya fast fast come and marry o, in fact don't worry let me sponsor the wedding. And you jumped at the idea. Really, how bad can it get?

winningwinner: He refurnished my house in Abuja and transferred three years rent sum to my landlord's account. He paid in advance. Our first child came, still I and my wife are jobless. My In-law takes care of us.

Okay o. You are now married, happy married life. You sat down and said "Daddy thank you" when the man paid 3 years advance rent for you? Lol the story is as funny as it is sad! What were you thinking?
Now, even working couples use family planning when they feel their finances are not bouyant enough to cater for children. Yet you in your jobless state quickly became Daddy? Smh. What were you planning to use in training the child? Money from the Big Daddy abi? Lol this wan strong.

winningwinner: I wanted to be in charge of my home but the man kept interfering, making the daughter to take a contrary decision on crucial matters.

And then after selling your manhood on the altar of laziness and gold-digging (truth must be told), you now have the guts to "want to be in charge of your home". grin In what kind of charge? Oga better wake up and do it fast. I actually think it's an insult on the man's "kindness" to say he is 'interfering' in your affairs. So because this 'interference' is not putting money in your account you are complaining abi? All the while he has been 'interfering' in your affairs by marrying his daughter for you, paying your rent and feeding you and your entire family you didn't come here to cry foul o... undecided

What did your family members say about it or they weren't aware? Cos the Nigerian in me won't even allow this to happen - it becomes easy to think say the Baba they use your success de service his own wealth while you continue to feed from his tap. But truly ehnnnnn, it is far from Jazz/Juju that is the problem with you o - it is simply laziness. Oga, goannn work.

I saw a post where you were asking if love is not enough blah blah blah and someone was telling you that "money is king" for your wife. That's an insult to the poor lady that has had to bear your laxity for years. Money is king to her yet she no see rich man to marry? undecided I'd say she must love you very much to cope with this manner of laziness.
Broz there's only so much a person can do and people have their limits. It has nothing to do with her being female. It's only human that when you have tried and tried to help one person and it turns out that only you is doing and doing, one day you go taya. The babe is tired.

See, I've seen where some people have advised you to have a talk with her saying you feel emasculated and want to be in charge. Oga if you love that your marriage, no try am. Because the lady is obviously burnt out from doing everything (by extension through her dad), so anything wey make you talk in complaint, will just be the straw to break all hell loose on you. She would just spill out things she may not mean out of frustration. If you don't want to hear the one that would finally kill you, just jejely go and look for a job before you start any conversation of how you feel emasculated cos no be today your emasculation start.

And your job doesn't have to be bringing in the millions that your in-law has. You are not in competition with him. Get a job that pays something and start from there. And for the goodness of all that is good, let that job be hard-earned by you, not another gift from Baba. Please kwanu, dust that your 1st class degree and get a job. If Baba continues to pay all the bills, biko don't disturb the man as he also makes the decisions.

2 Likes

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Spain007(m): 6:15am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

Get urself a JOB.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by franchasng: 6:19am On May 25, 2018
BigBrother9ja:

You are a lazy and very irresponsible man.
How dare you complain!?
So because you made 1st class and your wife made you to resign your 120k job, we should blame your wife abi?
1st class indeed!
How can you say you can't find a job still after so many years? Can't you use your head and think of something?
Can't you ask for loan even from your "maga" father inlaw and start a business?

You deserve more than any so-called Disrespectful treatment you get from your wife and father inlaw.
YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO MANHOOD,
Seriously some guys are mumu! A lady made you resign a job of 120k in Nigeria when u don't have a side business and no special skill, no enough savings or backup plan.

Even if Bill Gates give me his daughter to marry, I can't quit whatever I am doing before I met her unless he is ready to wire at least $1million to my personal account as a backup.

Seriously some guys de fall hand. First class my foot! I am almost like a first class graduate myself, 3rd best graduating student, today I have dumped my so called certificate and using my God given talent and business acumen to survive. People think being a graduate automatically secures their future, he he....that was in 1982 angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Metoa: 6:22am On May 25, 2018
"he who pays the piper calls the tune"

Man up, get a job and take charge. That's all you need.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by franchasng: 6:23am On May 25, 2018
Op is a confirmed Gold-digger!! angry angry

All gold diggers end up badly in life somehow, somehow!

Guys and ladies, don't be a gold digger!!

Believe in yourself alone!

Op took because he managed to get a girl from a rich family and lost his senses!

Small girl told you to resign, and just because of her father's little change, you listened to her and resigned!

Gold digging is bad for ladies, it is worst when a man is a gold digger!

For every sin, there is a wage to it!

1 Like

Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by xtervaganza(m): 6:26am On May 25, 2018
Let the change you want begin with you

Get a job 1st. Make money and be able to take care for yourself and your child 1st
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by jaychubi: 6:30am On May 25, 2018
winningwinner:

He pays all ur bills and u still get mouth to talk trash, man up and get ur ass to work first B4 calling urself a man.

U r a lazy youth dt sits down n expects freebies from d in law what a shame.

U lack common sense, if u can't provide for ur home even God will be angry with you.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by AntiWailer: 6:31am On May 25, 2018
The question is : will I as a father pay rent for one jobless son in law?

My answer is NO.

I dnt even take accommodation that I won’t be able to pay if I lose my job.

That is my first principle back then.

I am sorry he pays the bill. He has to control ur home till you become a man.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by paulade18: 6:45am On May 25, 2018
My dear, he who pays the piper dictates the tunes. You sold your birthright the day you listened to your girlfriend by resigning from work without an alternative. You further sold yourself into captivity by playing into the hands of her rich parents by both agreeing to marry her without job and also allowing them to be footing all your bills. The only option I believe you have now is to be playing along for now and serve the punishment for your foolishness without any hassles while most importantly fervently and earnestly praying to God to have mercy and deliver you from this bondage. You will be surprised how God will do it. He can miraculously link you with a helper that will help secure a fantastic job that will make you stand on your feet again and no longer rely again on any rich father in law.
Re: My Father-in-law Is Making My Wife To Disrespect Me! by Kceekalu: 6:46am On May 25, 2018
You made mention that you are a first class graduate, you can always find something to do no matter how small the pay is. Also try not to measurse up with your wife or your father inlaw because i perceive your father inlaw getting a job for your wife soon, by that means converting you to a perpetual errand boy in your own home. Just get busy and never react to any situation in order to prove that you are the man of the house, because you have to gradually recover that status in your 'said home' because you are not the one paying the bills. And also be prayerful now, also try to associate with people with great and objective minds, i don't mean you should start doing negative things such as drinking, smoking, womanizing, keeping late nights ''if you were not doing such before the union''. You just have be very objective and rational in your dealings now, that will enable you emancipate yourself out of this mess. Thanks and wish you all the best in life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Need An Affordable Smart TV's and Home Appliances, Check In Here / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / How Do I Quit My Marriage Of 2 Years Without Hurting Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.