Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,565 members, 7,809,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday (1820 Views)

I've Reported MFM Church Founder, Olukoya To US Police, Installed CCTV At Home / MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / Social Distancing At MFM Church In Aba Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 7:06pm On May 23, 2018
Mountain of Fire and Miracles branch in Port Harcourt seem to have taken evangelism an extra mile. I just got this flyer from their mobilizers and I still can't believe my eyes. Many people kinda find it odd but to me, this is just funny!
Like they're going to screen the UEFA Champions League final live in the church? I don't get it.

Do you think this is right?

Lalasticlala, OAM4J what sayest thou?

Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by Oritzy: 7:07pm On May 23, 2018
cheesy
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by soberdrunk(m): 7:08pm On May 23, 2018
Why not!!!?? Do you know how much tithe is coming from "bet money"? Even pastor fit done knack am 12..... angry
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 7:11pm On May 23, 2018
soberdrunk:
Why not!!!?? Do you know how much tithe is coming from "bet money"? Even pastor fit done knack am 12..... angry
But this one is very odd to say the least. It's bad for the reputation of a church like MFM!

1 Like

Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by TSOM(m): 7:44pm On May 23, 2018
EzePromoe:

But this one is very odd to say the least. It's bad for the reputation of a church like MFM!

Is it, you know, bad?

Maybe the church is modernizing while keeping its basic Christian dogma/doctrines.

Maybe it has woken up to the reality that youths are curious about everything and check out everything you condemn.

So instead of criticizing them or blacklisting them, they've decided not to filter their view of the world any longer. Instead they help shape your views like a farmer adjusting the positioning of a growing tomato plant so it gets to grow in the direction with proper staking.

Maybe it's alright to let young people have fun and advise them (when necessary using the Bible as your manual) if you please. Churches like RCCG, Christ Embassy and the Living Faith Church have been organizing similar activities for their youths for some years now.

It wouldn't kill you if you go home sober later that night celebrating your team's victory with a bottle of drink 'cause alcohol . You still haven't defiled the church.

And, hey, Kaka is reportedly a pastor, a good, practicing Christian yet he's one of football's great icons, winning its trophies and medals...and it didn't make him less of a Christian.

Tell me again, how would watching football in a wholesome environment (the Church) make you less ?

Bravo, MFM! The days of close-minded religious fanaticism would soon be banished to the pages of history.

1 Like

Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by hisgrace090: 8:05pm On May 23, 2018
They're part of today's football with a current football team.
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by HallaDaTruth: 8:06pm On May 23, 2018
Ghen ghen , i must chop money by fire
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 8:25pm On May 23, 2018
TSOM:

Is it, you know, bad?

Maybe the church is modernizing while keeping its basic Christian dogma/doctrines.

Maybe it has woken up to the reality that youths are curious about everything and check out everything you condemn.

So instead of criticizing them or blacklisting them, they've decided not to filter their view of the world any longer. Instead they help shape your views like a farmer adjusting the positioning of a growing tomato plant so it gets to grow in the direction with proper staking.

Maybe it's alright to let young people have fun and advise them (when necessary using the Bible as your manual) if you please. Churches like RCCG, Christ Embassy and the Living Faith Church have been organizing similar activities for their youths for some years now.

It wouldn't kill you if you go home sober later that night celebrating your team's victory with a bottle of drink 'cause alcohol . You still haven't defiled the church.

And, hey, Kaka is reportedly a pastor, a good, practicing Christian yet he's one of football's great icons, winning its trophies and medals...and it didn't make him less of a Christian.

Tell me again, how would watching football in a wholesome environment (the Church) make you less ?

Bravo, MFM! The days of close-minded religious fanaticism would soon be banished to the pages of history.
That's the problem with the church. Secularism is speedily creeping in and that's what you call modernization. You're not even considering the unholy banters that will come along this.
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by TSOM(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2018
EzePromoe:

That's the problem with the church. Secularism is speedily creeping in and that's what you call modernization. You're not even considering the unholy banters that will come along this.
Aha! That... That outburst of unholy indignation.

So that is it, secularity versus religiousness? Remind me, sir, when did sports become the forbidden fruit? When it go out of the reach of religious folks or when did sports (by just being sports) defile a religious?

I'm a FC BARCELONA fan and could spend a whole day trolling and (playfully) cursing out at Real Madrid and enjoy every minute of it. But, hey, let's pretend I am a lost soul whose claims to the Christian Life are non-existent. In need of redemption.

Don't you think if I am invited the aforementioned football-viewing-cum-church event and while we are in thick of it, I keep yelling, "Booooo! Taplord Penaldo. Self-glorying, leeching idiot!", it's alright if a church brother walks up to me during the halftime break to tell me, "Hi bro. You are enjoying the match?" I notice he's a Barcelona fan too but, curiously, he isn't cursing out out Ronaldo or wishing Casemiro gets a sprain?

Don't you think leading with that example will impress something upon me and open my heart further to listen to the subsequent preaching or Bible talk or discourse if I am (well, sticking to our earlier pretend game) a lost soul? Wouldn't that further the aim of the church, which drawing young people especially to God?

Isn't it defeatist to shoo me , a supposed lost soul, away when you are supposed to help me straighten whatever crooked paths I walk?

Don't you think so, sir?
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by obaataaokpaewu: 9:43pm On May 23, 2018
Any drink that is not Heineken should be rejected in its entirety
I don't expect people taking Coke and Maltina
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by ikorodureporta: 7:21am On May 24, 2018
Lalasticlala, com see free #UCL viewing centre here-o
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 9:04am On May 24, 2018
TSOM:

Aha! That... That outburst of unholy indignation.

So that is it, secularity versus religiousness? Remind me, sir, when did sports become the forbidden fruit? When it go out of the reach of religious folks or when did sports (by just being sports) defile a religious?

I'm a FC BARCELONA fan and could spend a whole day trolling and (playfully) cursing out at Real Madrid and enjoy every minute of it. But, hey, let's pretend I am a lost soul whose claims to the Christian Life are non-existent. In need of redemption.

Don't you think if I am invited the aforementioned football-viewing-cum-church event and while we are in thick of it, I keep yelling, "Booooo! Taplord Penaldo. Self-glorying, leeching idiot!", it's alright if a church brother walks up to me during the halftime break to tell me, "Hi bro. You are enjoying the match?" I notice he's a Barcelona fan too but, curiously, he isn't cursing out out Ronaldo or wishing Casemiro gets a sprain?

Don't you think leading with that example will impress something upon me and open my heart further to listen to the subsequent preaching or Bible talk or discourse if I am (well, sticking to our earlier pretend game) a lost soul? Wouldn't that further the aim of the church, which drawing young people especially to God?

Isn't it defeatist to shoo me , a supposed lost soul, away when you are supposed to help me straighten whatever crooked paths I walk?

Don't you think so, sir?
You still don't get it! Watching football is not sin but it's the choice of venue. No matter how you try to defend it, it's still not right. The church building has one purpose and that's for the worship of the Almighty God.
Going by your analogy, there's nothing wrong with screening Telemundo and Zee World in the church as long as it will win over female worshippers just as this same football will attract the male worshippers "for Christ" undecided
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by TSOM(m): 9:23am On May 24, 2018
EzePromoe:

You still don't get it! Watching football is not sin but it's the choice of venue. No matter how you try to defend it, it's still not right. The church building has one purpose and that's for the worship of the Almighty God.
Going by your analogy, there's nothing wrong with screening Telemundo and Zee World in the church as long as it will win over female worshippers just as this same football will attract the male worshippers "for Christ" undecided
Telemundo, ZeeWorld and there likes shouldn't be watched anywhere by practising religious folks anyway 'cause most times they contain preconceived, scripted sexual, violent and profane content which's unwholesome from a spiritual angle.

Football (and most sports) are just fun games devoid of the afore-listed TV series.
If football is bad, why has the church been organizing football( and sporting) competitions for its members, dividing them into team's during organized Youths' Week, Women's Week, Children's Week and even Men's Week.

Here's why; it's 'cause football in it's basic form is just a couple guys or girls kicking a ball around the field for ninety minutes and nothing untoward done to threaten their morality or, if you like, religiosity.

Which begs the question, sir, what is it about sport (football especially) which makes you think it'd erode one's spirituality/religiosity? What about sports defiles the church.
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by M0ron: 10:41am On May 24, 2018
EzePromoe:
Mountain of Fire and Miracles branch in Port Harcourt seem to have taken evangelism an extra mile. I just got this flyer from their mobilizers and I still can't believe my eyes. Many people kinda find it odd but to me, this is just funny!
Like they're going to screen the UEFA Champions League final live in the church? I don't get it.

Lalasticlala, OAM4J what sayest thou?

What’s the big deal? They shouldn’t be watching soccer?
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 11:32am On May 24, 2018
M0ron:

What’s the big deal? They shouldn’t be watching soccer?
They should do that at the convenience of their homes or viewing centers. The church isn't a viewing center!
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 11:38am On May 24, 2018
TSOM:

Telemundo, ZeeWorld and there likes shouldn't be watched anywhere by practising religious folks anyway 'cause most times they contain preconceived, scripted sexual, violent and profane content which's unwholesome from a spiritual angle.

Football (and most sports) are just fun games devoid of the afore-listed TV series.
If football is bad, why has the church been organizing football( and sporting) competitions for its members, dividing them into team's during organized Youths' Week, Women's Week, Children's Week and even Men's Week.

Here's why; it's 'cause football in it's basic form is just a couple guys or girls kicking a ball around the field for ninety minutes and nothing untoward done to threaten their morality or, if you like, religiosity.

Which begs the question, sir, what is it about sport (football especially) which makes you think it'd erode one's spirituality/religiosity? What about sports defiles the church.
Don't try to justify wrong thing by twisting my statement. I never said that it's bad for church members to organize sporting activities but bringing a football viewing center into the church! Come on. What will you say if you see people selling food stuffs in the church? But it's not a sin to sell foodstuffs and it doesn't erode one's spirituality.
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by EzePromoe: 11:43am On May 24, 2018
Lalasticlala please I beg you, move this post to the front page so that we can get a wider range of opinions on this. it doesn't feel right at all!
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by bjt(m): 11:53am On May 24, 2018
EzePromoe:

You have forgotten that MFM have a football club.
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by Uyi168: 12:10pm On May 24, 2018
EzePromoe:

..the church even has a football team..i see nothing wrong here
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by CAPSLOCKED: 12:13pm On May 24, 2018
EzePromoe:

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM A BUSINESS CENTER?

MAYBE THIS IS A TACTIC TO WIN MORE SOULS FOR JESUS THROUGH MATCH SHOWING.

YOU HAVE TO SOW SEED IN ORDER TO BE ALLOWED TO WATCH THE MATCH THO.. NOTHING IS FOR FREE. cool
Re: You Won't Believe the Programme MFM Church In PH Plans To Hold This Saturday by M0ron: 4:06am On May 25, 2018
EzePromoe:

They should do that at the convenience of their homes or viewing centers. The church isn't a viewing center!

Why’s that?
They can’t have fun at the church premises?

(1) (Reply)

How To Perform Money Ritual Using A Ram / Daddyfreeze response To Pst Paul Enenche:I Will Continue Criticizing Pastors / What A “Prophet” Told My Hairdresser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.