Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,035 members, 7,807,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige (1395 Views)

Soludo Joins Makinde To Flag Off 32.2km Circular Road Infrastructure In Ibadan / Prince Alex Mbata Builds 2km Dual Carriage Road / Construction Of 11.9KM Second Niger Bridge In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Blue3k2: 7:22pm On May 23, 2018
By Emeka Mamah

ENUGU—FEDERAL Government has said it has redesigned 2nd Niger Bridge from two kilometers to 7.9 kilometers.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige and his counterpart in the Ministry of Science and Technology, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, made this known in Enugu yesterday, during the South East zonal stakeholders meeting of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

The meeting was called to discuss the forthcoming congresses and convention of the party in the south east zone.

They said that the government was executing one major project in each of the six geopolitical zones including the second Niger Bridge in the South East, the Abuja- Kaduna road, the Mambilla Power Project and the Lagos- Ibadan road which were all estimated at over $1 billion.

In his speech, Ngige   asked the Igbo to support the APC by voting for President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 general elections, which he said Buhari would win.

“I am over 67 years and getting to 68. I cannot deceive myself at this age. President Buhari will win the 2019 election. There is no doubt about it.

“Those saying that the north will not vote for Buhari because they are dying of hunger because of him are deceiving themselves.

“Northerners are happy and most of them are into farming because the President has revolutionised agriculture. There is money in agriculture.

“There are no northern labourers or Okada (commercial motorcyclists) in Abuja now.

“Our people should vote for Buhari so that we can produce the Nigerian president of Igbo extraction in 2023.”

Chief Ogbonnaya Onu also spoke in the same vein, adding that the Enugu- Onitsha road and the Enugu- Port Harcourt roads were among the major roads rehabilitated in the country since the advent of this administration, adding that the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, Abia State had been given a facelift even as the runway of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu , would be extended.

Earlier, the zonal   chairman of the party, Chief Emma Eneukwu, had commended the leaders of the party in the   zone for their support which led to the peace being witnessed in the states.

Those who attended the meeting included the former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo, the former governor of Ebonyi State, Chief Martin Elechi, Chief Gbazuagu Nweke Gbazuagu, Senators Andy Uba, Osita Izunaso, Ifeanyi Ararume among others.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/04/fg-redesigns-2nd-niger-bridge-2km-7-9km-ngige/

Front Page: Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by NaughtyDiamond(m): 7:24pm On May 23, 2018
Uncompleted projects everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 23, 2018
please enough of these lies....nothing like that I just passed there few days ago...
lies everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Blue3k2: 7:30pm On May 23, 2018
Lol this sounds like fake news. The weird thing is vanguard is only major site carrying this story. Why are the suddenly making bridge longer and when did this change get approved? I'll wait for Fashola to confirm this.
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by NwaAmaikpe: 7:35pm On May 23, 2018
shocked

Scam.
How can you redesign the span of an ongoing project overnight?

I know Ngige's legs don't touch the ground when he sits. But that shouldn't make him short of sense.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by SalamRushdie: 7:37pm On May 23, 2018
Did the width of the River Niger suddenly become wider at that point warranting a bridge almost 3 times the length of the previous design ?

I think NGige doesnt know what he is saying

1 Like

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by gurnam: 7:38pm On May 23, 2018
Truth is if you pave the whole of Igboland with brand new roads and bridges and put all infrastructure to make life meaningful to people, igbos will still not vote Buhari if Buhari don’t give them political appointments that can boost their over bloated but bruised ego grin

Those people simply prefer political appointments at the federal level to any meaningful infrastructural project

5 Likes

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Ayobami7(m): 7:38pm On May 23, 2018
Okay
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Almaiga: 7:41pm On May 23, 2018
Nice one, Buhari and his team are working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by SalamRushdie: 7:45pm On May 23, 2018
Almaiga:
Nice one, Buhari and his team are working.

I bet you didn't even understand what you read
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by omaar12(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2018
He has my vote already, if Nigeria wants to burn let it burn. buhari equal either Biafra or an Igbo president so I could care less if the country burn 8years is just too long to wait. why wait when Biafra can be actualized 3 years from now if things go down well.
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Almaiga: 7:51pm On May 23, 2018
SalamRushdie:

I bet you didn't even understand what you read
A pained 5% sighted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by hisgrace090: 8:00pm On May 23, 2018
gurnam:
Truth is if you pave the whole of Igboland with brand new roads and bridges and put all infrastructure to make life meaningful to people, igbos will still not vote Buhari if Buhari don’t give them political appointments that can boost their over bloated but bruised ego grin

Those people simply prefer political appointments at the federal level to any meaningful infrastructural project

What an irony?

2 Likes

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Horlufemi(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2018
I think we should vote buhari so the people who voted for him should suffer more
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by CodeTemplar: 8:14pm On May 23, 2018
Did the river Niger grow longer? What is the detail of this regional project modification? I tire for Buhari and APC.
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 23, 2018
omaar12:
He has my vote already, if Nigeria wants to burn let it burn. buhari equal either Biafra or an Igbo president so I could care less if the country burn 8years is just too long to wait. why wait when Biafra can be actualized 3 years from now if things go down well.

Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023

1 Like

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by ideology(m): 9:12pm On May 23, 2018
Even elders can lie oo

Lemmme find the details of the project

I will do a write up on this project for posterity sake
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by justtoodark: 9:17pm On May 23, 2018
yyeske,i dont owe you nothing......

i will continue calling easterners as i like......

1 Like

Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by lobell: 9:20pm On May 23, 2018
Redesigned it okwaya? What about the redesign of the cost? Who even asked you to redesign it. You have not finished the 'shikini' 2km you have gone to add 5 more km so that you can see mo ey chop for 2019 election.

Retarded government.
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by AyakaDunukofia: 9:22pm On May 23, 2018
7.9 km over which body of water? So much gibberish on this political bridge...Just nauseating.
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by e7ejinima: 9:33pm On May 23, 2018
Lies!
Re: FG Redesigns 2nd Niger Bridge From 2km To 7.9km—ngige by clarocuzioo(m): 10:08pm On May 23, 2018
It's unfortunate how this evil party called APC turn people to professional liars. Ogbonnaya Onu is a gentleman I respect so much, but seeing him dishing out cheap lies makes me shake my head.
I passed through the Enugu-Portharcourt road, going to porttharcourt, that work has been abandoned, there are no machines on site to show that construction work is on going, the only new thing I saw there was a signpost with a green background, on it was written SKUUK, i think that means to show that it's money from the skuuk loan, I did not realise on time I would have snapped pictures. I challenge anybody in APC to bring the pictures of on going construction around the portharcourt end of the expressway with machines on site.
It's a shame the kind of cheap lies peddled by respectable men in this administration.

(1) (Reply)

Sit-at-home : Why Governor Umahi Should Be Medically Examined!! (photos) / Stop Chasing Shadows, Osuntokun Replies Presidency / Hoodlums Disrupt Election In Orolu Lga,security Operatives No Where To Be Seen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.