Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" (70842 Views)

Throwback Picture Of A 1946 History Exam Question Paper / University Of Pretoria Exam Question: 'Crying Is Permitted As Long As You Do...' / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by holuphisayor(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2018
but a Nigerian decided to shoot a movie " Nigerian prince" and show nigeria in a bad light. angry
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Smarkie: 7:02am On May 24, 2018
J
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by sholla20(m): 7:09am On May 24, 2018
It don't matter how bad they tag us, they should be aware that they have hand and legs in all the mess.It's like USA that is fighting terrorism all over the world,yet they stylishly created those things, they are all hypocrites forming holy holy.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by emelda86(f): 7:10am On May 24, 2018
Can u imagine have it gotten to this stage?

Na God go punish buhari
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Franking: 7:20am On May 24, 2018
So there was no question on stealing of African artifacts.They stole us blind when they could, it's pay back time.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Ababio75(m): 7:22am On May 24, 2018
So it has gotten to this level���
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Kemillion(m): 7:24am On May 24, 2018
CastedAyo:
Nigerian Lady Schooling In The U.K Shares Her Exam Question Today

A Nigerian lady @folaogunsemo who is schooling in Manchester, United Kingdom has taken to her Instagram page to share her exam question.

Read what she shared below;
"This is my exam paper for a module named “Law in a business context” with the red circle which I did today 23rd of May. Stepping out of the exam hall my friends were like “Fola how did you feel about question 22” and for the first time in my life, I felt ashamed of being a Nigerian. I believe fraud is being committed everywhere but for it to be recognised and used as an exam question in UK, then it is VERY BAD for Nigeria. My lecture slide showed a typical example of a “yahoo boy’s” storyline in the green circle, I went further to search for “Advence-fee scam” with the belief that it was exaggerated in my lecture slide and I found the information in the blue circle. I am short of words at the moment realising the fact that there’s been so much issues lately about “yahoo boys” on social media, this is not a good reputation for Nigerians at all....... This matter tire me ooo my people"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/nigerian-lady-schooling-in-the-u-k-shares-her-exam-question-today-photos.html

So in Manchester university they're operating in an OBJ kind of exams, then wat can stop me of having a parallel A's? not like da University am attending, exams go be type A to G and na theory and subjectives. it Sucks
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by newafricaken254: 7:25am On May 24, 2018
this are the same people who ancestor looted africa kingdoms relics and artifacts,to this day they refuse to return them,claiming they are safer in their countries.this european need to stop portraying africa in a bad light,while they continue to blunder us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1G06FKtBY0
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Daboomb: 7:28am On May 24, 2018
Johnrake69:
I think the United Kingdom has over the years appeared to be ignorant about the role they played in creating these social vices in most third world countries they colonised.

It's really funny how UK keeps mocking us when Nigeria was their pet project. The same crocks that looted our natural resources. Our art works which they stole still sit on their museum generating millions of pounds every year yet, the Queen is head of the Church of England which has the Anglican Church under it and they have never had any remorse not to talk of honourably towing the path of restitution.

I still wonder why Nigerians send their kids to UK to study. They will only end up brainwashing you to feel less of yourself.

I stand to be corrected if Nigeria has committed 1% of crime against humanity committed by the United Kingdom but, albeit you will never see it on their useless syllabus.

For the record, I'm not in support of any form of Scam. I believe if you reach an agreement for a transaction you should carry out to the letter and where it's not possible to carry out a full refund is honourable.

Looking at the definition of "advance fee fraud" a.k.a 419, 'You pay someone and advance fee, with the hope of getting a bigger illicit monetary returns but may end up with something smaller or nothing".

While l abhor fraud, l think everyone that is defrauded under this 419 scheme, deserves it 101%.

For example, someone tells you to bring $5,000, that he will lodge $1,000,000 in your account, from the money of one dead man or one money forgotten by CBN in an account and you will share the money 50-50.

Even if you beleive the story, you know this is CRIMINAL.
But out of GREED, you agree to it....which makes you a Criminal as well.
So, one criminal pays another criminal $5,000, to commit a crime and the first criminal now defrauds the second criminal.

How is that anyone's problem or why should that make the criminal that was defrauded, deserving of any sympathy?
Or is it just because the second, foolish and greedy criminal is a 'white person' and the first, greedy and smart criminal is a black person or Nigerian?

I honestly think we should encourage 419 at Govt level (Just as FBI will encourage and lure some Muslim person into planning a terror act and then arrest him for terrorism!), and then arrest the 'white people' that want to collude with any Nigerian, to defraud our CBN or nation.

We should continue to do so until all these greedy white people who think they are smart, learn their lessons.

1 Like

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Culin(f): 7:35am On May 24, 2018
lekkie073:
even in our own criminal code, 419/is advanced fee fraud.
So what's the fuss

Fuss about what?
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by panpan(m): 7:46am On May 24, 2018
The question is offensive, not just to Nigerians, but to the other nationalities stated. Nobody should be compelled to answer a question that insults his or her nationality. The student should take the matter up. The question should be cancelled and not used in the course assessment, regardless of whatever answer each student ticked.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by showafrica(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2018
See how onyibo dey grow for education and learning process. Integrating new things to the learning process. Here we will only see 1940 questions and 1840 laws...
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by ojsmscom(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2018
The question and the answer is correct and NO insult was meant. In Nigeria as stated, the fraud is known as advanced free fraud.. Go to section 419 of Nigeria criminal code
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by pavlovt: 7:53am On May 24, 2018
We all need to stand for our nation, that there is criminals in Nigeria does not mean other countries of the world are saint even including UK.
Do you research very well my sister you will discover that Nigeria is not the worst in terms of advance-fee fraud. You can read the excerpts below:

While Nigeria is most often the nation referred to in these scams, they originate in other nations as well. In 2006, 61% of internet criminals were traced to locations in the United States, while 16% were traced to the United Kingdom, and 6% to Nigeria.[3] Other nations known to have a high incidence of advance-fee fraud include: Ivory Coast,[4] Togo,[5] South Africa,[6] the Netherlands,[7] and Spain.[8] The number "419" refers to the section of the Nigerian Criminal Code dealing with fraud, the charges and penalties for offenders.[9]
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by FactualSpeech: 7:58am On May 24, 2018
Culin:
"advanced fee fraud" ..so that is what 419 is called 'in the abroad'.

No, it is what it is called in Nigeria.

Advanced fee fraud is contained in section 419 of the Nigerian criminal code. see below

The Offence Of Fraud
The crime of fraud is popularly known in casual parlance as “419”. This is due to the fact that this offence is located in S.419 of the Criminal Code. Fraud occurs everywhere in the world. It is however very common in Nigeria. Most people have encountered this vice in one form or the other over the course of their lifetime. It is due to this that this act has been criminalised by S. 419 of the Criminal Code.
According to this section, the offence occurs when the offender — with an intent to defraud — induces another person to deliver to any person a property regarded as capable of being stolen ( See: The offence of Theft). This kind of property includes money, valuables and other general chattel, excluding land.
This offence is a felony and thus bags an imprisonment term of three years. If the value of the obtained property is more one thousand naira, it bags an offence of seven years imprisonment.
It should be noted that before a person is arrested for the offence of fraud, there has to be an arrest warrant. The only time a warrant would not be necessary is if the fraud is committed right in the presence of the arresting oofficer.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Psoul(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2018
Culin:
"advanced fee fraud" ..so that is what 419 is called 'in the abroad'.

Yes, that is what it is called everywhere. 419 is the section of the Nigeria Constitution that is used to try the case of Advanced Fee Fraud or any revenue obtained by trick.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by erico2k2(m): 8:03am On May 24, 2018
Johnrake69:
I think the United Kingdom has over the years appeared to be ignorant about the role they played in creating these social vices in most third world countries they colonised.

It's really funny how UK keeps mocking us when Nigeria was their pet project. The same crocks that looted our natural resources. Our art works which they stole still sit on their museum generating millions of pounds every year yet, the Queen is head of the Church of England which has the Anglican Church under it and they have never had any remorse not to talk of honourably towing the path of restitution.

I still wonder why Nigerians send their kids to UK to study. They will only end up brainwashing you to feel less of yourself.

I stand to be corrected if Nigeria has committed 1% of crime against humanity committed by the United Kingdom but, albeit you will never see it on their useless syllabus.

For the record, I'm not in support of any form of Scam. I believe if you reach an agreement for a transaction you should carry out to the letter and where it's not possible to carry out a full refund is honourable.
MayB we should start teaching our young ones about how the British stole from Nigeria and the rest of west Africa.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by itzjwizzy(m): 8:07am On May 24, 2018
gaby:
See questions...na first class straight.
If na one sadist Nigerian lecturer now you go see" list,explain and expatiate why Prince Charles has aged more than his mother and why his mother has refused to die". With a graph oo

Check out my signature to Finding Europe Through Africa's Deserts and Seas- The Perils,Triumphs and Karma
Life in naija uni grin grin grin
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Nobody: 8:12am On May 24, 2018
Let's embrace this thing...as Baba Suwe used to say...everybody has their own way of becoming popular...at least we too are known for elaborate get rich quick schemes....haven't you heard of going Scotts free or Dutch courage or Bloody Yanks etc....everybody has their own
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by NairaMaster1(m): 8:20am On May 24, 2018
phlame:

That's the bitter truth... This is the best comment so far

Thank you Sir.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Nobody: 8:21am On May 24, 2018
What course and college is she at that still uses multiple choice questions?

That looks so like primary school questions.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by gaby(m): 8:26am On May 24, 2018
itzjwizzy:

Life in naija uni grin grin grin

I dey tell you...
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Johnrake69: 8:31am On May 24, 2018
erico2k2:

MayB we should start teaching our young ones about how the British stole from Nigeria and the rest of west Africa.

How can we? when we adopted British curriculum and we are very proud of it. We need another type of education here in Nigeria. Last week I was looking for information on solar powered food dryers and it took me to a university in South America where students and their professor has been testing a new model. The earlier, we identify with these third world countries to learn some of the things they have achieved the better for us.

Everyday the Asians come up with new ideas to make life easier but, our brain dead policy makers are so loyal to the British that they keep enforcing obsolete syllabus in the name of British curriculum

1 Like

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by jangola08(m): 8:36am On May 24, 2018
Nothing realistic about this question ' our hackers are not even good enough, go to India, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Dubai, america, china and Russia, the cyber crime there is more than any African countries! They don't understand politics in this nation; cyber crime helps a country economics grow...
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Xisnin(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2018
Johnrake69:

The problem with Nigerians are ignorant people like you who cannot stick to a topic.
How can such a confused mind ever solve its problem?
It is even worrisome that you got so many likes. This is about internet fraud not colonialism.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by bionixs: 9:23am On May 24, 2018
CastedAyo:
To those people who gave this country a bad name, you're weldone o.

We're 'washing' you from high table.

We will start to erase this country's bad name by sending Buhari back to Daura
please my people. IS NIGERIA MORE FRAUDULENT THAN AMERICA?? NOOOOO! Buhari made the world to believe we are .
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Johnrake69: 9:50am On May 24, 2018
Xisnin:

The problem with Nigerians are ignorant people like you who cannot stick to a topic.
How can such a confused mind ever solve its problem?
It is even worrisome that you got so many likes. This is about internet fraud not colonialism.

No sir, you're really the ignorant fellow here the moment you decided to treat the social vices today in isolation. And you're part of those educated illiterates we have in Nigeria. What is the history of the black folks? One of the most corrupt nations in the world keep dehumanising Nigerians at every given opportunity and you agree because of the so called education you got from them.

If you as an African don't see the social vices we have today as a resultant effect of the domination and exploitation of the third world countries mostly carried out by the British, then my friend you're a waste of space here in Africa.

1 Like

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by themanderon: 10:11am On May 24, 2018
They call us scammers and criminals yet the crimes committed and are still being committed by this vile British empire can fill up the whole books in the world. Rubbish sanctimonious rogues.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by King44(m): 10:48am On May 24, 2018
NaijaMutant:

The problem is our corrupt and short sighted government.

They drove this fraudsters into fighting for survival
you are right the hardship in the country is motivating them to advance in their practice by the say, I blame the gvt
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by King44(m): 10:56am On May 24, 2018
bionixs:
please my people. IS NIGERIA MORE FRAUDULENT THAN AMERICA?? NOOOOO! Buhari made the world to believe we are .
NO, the problem is this cow dungs we have as leaders would steal take it abroad trying to hide their secret from home thereby disgracing themselves in the international community and giving the country a bad name also yahoo boys that would collect illegal money and won't keep a low profile this pple should also be blamed
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Nobody: 11:06am On May 24, 2018
Came across this yesterday while reading on a particular topic...
The nation is in deep sh!t and it seems we're yet to realize it.. esp with the remarks being made by the President.

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Damsman10(m): 11:28am On May 24, 2018
CastedAyo:
Nigerian Lady Schooling In The U.K Shares Her Exam Question Today

A Nigerian lady @folaogunsemo who is schooling in Manchester, United Kingdom has taken to her Instagram page to share her exam question.

Read what she shared below;
"This is my exam paper for a module named “Law in a business context” with the red circle which I did today 23rd of May. Stepping out of the exam hall my friends were like “Fola how did you feel about question 22” and for the first time in my life, I felt ashamed of being a Nigerian. I believe fraud is being committed everywhere but for it to be recognised and used as an exam question in UK, then it is VERY BAD for Nigeria. My lecture slide showed a typical example of a “yahoo boy’s” storyline in the green circle, I went further to search for “Advence-fee scam” with the belief that it was exaggerated in my lecture slide and I found the information in the blue circle. I am short of words at the moment realising the fact that there’s been so much issues lately about “yahoo boys” on social media, this is not a good reputation for Nigerians at all....... This matter tire me ooo my people"

Culled from; https://www.torimill.com/2018/05/nigerian-lady-schooling-in-the-u-k-shares-her-exam-question-today-photos.html

I felt dis way one time wen I was watchingan eepisode of The Big Bang Theory, koothrapali mentioned a Nigerian Prince, den said 'dnt worry is a fraud'

At times I rili wish I cud change nationality to maybe Russia or Germany

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night / A Female Corper's Post About A Crime Scene That Got People Talking / Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.