Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" (70840 Views)

Throwback Picture Of A 1946 History Exam Question Paper / University Of Pretoria Exam Question: 'Crying Is Permitted As Long As You Do...' / Black Panther In UNILAG Final Year Medical Exam Question (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Xisnin(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2018
grossintel:
Who else thinks these questions are way too easy. BTW, the lecturer is a racist. What's the fuzz about Nigerian scams that are hardly successful? Russia should be on that list for pulling the most successful hacks in the world and stealing billions of dollars yearly. And American should be on that list for Mass shooting.
You are racist yourself for mentioning Russia.
Russia hackers go after big corporations and attack head on, most times the
victim companies will not make the information public. And there are few of them
because there scheme requires advanced technical skills.

But the Nigerian fraudsters prey on old men , women and others looking for
love or business often stealing all their life savings. There fraud requires no
skill only lying ability and so many youths are involved directly or indirectly.

Which of the two do you think will get more press?
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by pryme(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2018
Johnrake69:
I think the United Kingdom has over the years appeared to be ignorant about the role they played in creating these social vices in most third world countries they colonised.

It's really funny how UK keeps mocking us when Nigeria was their pet project. The same crocks that looted our natural resources. Our art works which they stole still sit on their museum generating millions of pounds every year yet, the Queen is head of the Church of England which has the Anglican Church under it and they have never had any remorse not to talk of honourably towing the path of restitution.

I still wonder why Nigerians send their kids to UK to study. They will only end up brainwashing you to feel less of yourself.

I stand to be corrected if Nigeria has committed 1% of crime against humanity committed by the United Kingdom but, albeit you will never see it on their useless syllabus.

For the record, I'm not in support of any form of Scam. I believe if you reach an agreement for a transaction you should carry out to the letter and where it's not possible to carry out a full refund is honourable.

Then what's the need for the long epistle, this thread is about the fraud Nigerians committed, the UK are not responsible for these crimes committed by Nigerians and Nigerians have no excuse - you have no excuse, it's simply appalling.

Don't think it's only in the UK Nigeria is notorious for fraud. It's was so bad that the former NAFDAC Chairman and Minister Mrs Dora Akunyili was restricted for opening a bank account when she visited the UNITED STATES, she simply told they dont open accounts for Nigerians.

Pls leave sentiments we brought this on ourselves.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Elitecee(m): 12:22pm On May 24, 2018
Buhari is to be blame
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Johnrake69: 12:52pm On May 24, 2018
pryme:

Then what's the need for the long epistle, this thread is about the fraud Nigerians committed, the UK are not responsible for these crimes committed by Nigerians and Nigerians have no excuse - you have no excuse, it's simply appalling.

Don't think it's only in the UK Nigeria is notorious for fraud. It's was so bad that the former NAFDAC Chairman and Minister Mrs Dora Akunyili was restricted for opening a bank account when she visited the UNITED STATES, she simply told they dont open accounts for Nigerians.

Pls leave sentiments we brought this on ourselves.

Whatever we have today is a systemic challenge which the UK can't possibly absolve themselves from. Is Nigeria the worst country in the world? Have the UK done a thesis on the role of Swiss Bank and UK banks in aiding the transfer of looted funds from third world countries?

Let me borrow the lines of Louis Farrakhan... Have we dropped a bomb in hiroshima and Nagasaki? Has the world refused to accept Americans for the fear of them throwing another bomb? Have we sabotaged world economies? Have we installed a dictator in place of democratically elected leader just because they don't serve our interest?

Nigeria is exactly what they wanted and if you don't have a clue about what I'm talking about then we certainly are in a different level of thought.

1 Like

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by chisure: 12:52pm On May 24, 2018
To those people who gave this country a bad name . God will judge you.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by pryme(m): 1:02pm On May 24, 2018
Johnrake69:

Whatever we have today is a systemic challenge which the UK can't possibly absolve themselves from. Is Nigeria the worst country in the world? Have the UK done a thesis on the role of Swiss Bank and UK banks in aiding the transfer of looted funds from third world countries?

Let me borrow the lines of Louis Farrakhan... Have we dropped a bomb in hiroshima and Nagasaki? Has the world refused to accept Americans for the fear of them throwing another bomb? Have we sabotaged world economies? Have we installed a dictator in place of democratically elected leader just because they don't serve our interest?

Nigeria is exactly what they wanted and if you don't have a clue about what I'm talking about then we certainly are in a different level of thought.

You are not seeing the damage done by Nigerian youths in the online business industry, this is not political as you try to put it. The crimes committed by the west does not absolve us of our own.
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Morayo1306: 1:36pm On May 24, 2018
Naija my country
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by DeOTR: 2:09pm On May 24, 2018
kimbraa:
How is it hate speech? Just embrace your identity 'cause if I were the lecturer, I would have used worse words to pass across that question.
Do I know you
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by erico2k2(m): 2:41pm On May 24, 2018
Johnrake69:

How can we? when we adopted British curriculum and we are very proud of it. We need another type of education here in Nigeria. Last week I was looking for information on solar powered food dryers and it took me to a university in South America where students and their professor has been testing a new model. The earlier, we identify with these third world countries to learn some of the things they have achieved the better for us.

Everyday the Asians come up with new ideas to make life easier but, our brain dead policy makers are so loyal to the British that they keep enforcing obsolete syllabus in the name of British curriculum
Bro we have no one than ourselves to blame.the British educational system is totally different from ours in all way . I passed fru that system . In the 80s yes we where practicing it.of you remember when U get fed at govt pry school . .now we got our own system which amounts to nothing .
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Culin(f): 11:10pm On May 24, 2018
FactualSpeech:

No, it is what it is called in Nigeria.

Advanced fee fraud is contained in section 419 of the Nigerian criminal code. see below

The Offence Of Fraud
The crime of fraud is popularly known in casual parlance as “419”. This is due to the fact that this offence is located in S.419 of the Criminal Code. Fraud occurs everywhere in the world. It is however very common in Nigeria. Most people have encountered this vice in one form or the other over the course of their lifetime. It is due to this that this act has been criminalised by S. 419 of the Criminal Code.
According to this section, the offence occurs when the offender — with an intent to defraud — induces another person to deliver to any person a property regarded as capable of being stolen ( See: The offence of Theft). This kind of property includes money, valuables and other general chattel, excluding land.
This offence is a felony and thus bags an imprisonment term of three years. If the value of the obtained property is more one thousand naira, it bags an offence of seven years imprisonment.
It should be noted that before a person is arrested for the offence of fraud, there has to be an arrest warrant. The only time a warrant would not be necessary is if the fraud is committed right in the presence of the arresting oofficer.

Huncle! you'd have just asked me to check google na, instead of suffering yourself like this.

1 Like

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Culin(f): 11:11pm On May 24, 2018
Psoul:

Yes, that is what is called everywhere. 419 is the section of the Nigeria Constitution that is used to try the case of Advanced Fee Fraud or any revenue obtained by trick.

nice
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by itzjwizzy(m): 3:08pm On May 25, 2018
gaby:

I dey tell you...
You forget add elucidate... Kai I hate that statement like mad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by gaby(m): 4:05pm On May 25, 2018
itzjwizzy:

You forget add elucidate... Kai I hate that statement like mad

You go school bro...lol
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by itzjwizzy(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2018
gaby:

You go school bro...lol
grin grin
Re: U.K Exam Question: "The Advance-Fee Fraud Is Also Known As Nigerian Fraud" by Ayobami7(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2018
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night / When Will JAMB Result Be Out For 2024? UTME Result Release Date / A Female Corper's Post About A Crime Scene That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.