Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,895 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted (1458 Views)

President Buhari Replaces Buratai, Others. Appoints New Service Chiefs / Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances / IPOB Bans Buhari, Buratai From Foreign Trips - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by tit(f): 3:25am On May 24, 2018
Nigeria's Military Committed War Crimes, Crimes Against Humanity: Amnesty

By Paul Carsten
ABUJA (Reuters) - Nigeria's military has committed war crimes and crimes against humanity including torture, rape and killing civilians during its fight against Islamist insurgency Boko Haram, human rights group Amnesty International said on Thursday.
The crimes were perpetrated for years and have continued despite a presidential inquiry established last August whose findings have not been made public, said the watchdog.
In a statement, the Nigerian military described Amnesty's findings as "a false report on fictitious rape incidents in IDP (internally displaced person) camps in the North East region of Nigeria."
A presidency statement said Amnesty's report lacks credibility.
The 89-page report is based on hundreds of interviews and is replete with accounts of sexual violence, torched villages and other abuses.
"The soldiers, they betrayed us, they said that we should come out of from our villages," said a woman whose name was given as Yakura in the report.
"They said it would be safer and that they would give us a secure place to stay. But when we came, they betrayed us. They detained our husbands and then they raped us women," said Yakura, who fled Andara village, Borno state, in December 2016.
Nigeria has waged a nine-year war against Boko Haram and its now more powerful offshoot, Islamic State West Africa. The country has fought alongside Cameroon, Chad and Niger and been supported by the United States, Great Britain and France.
The conflict has killed more than 30,000 people and spawned one of the world's worst humanitarian crises.
For years, rights groups, aid organizations and journalists have documented military abuses, with little resulting action from the armed forces.
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by sarrki(m): 3:28am On May 24, 2018
I now believe strongly that enemies of the state have gone mad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by tit(f): 3:32am On May 24, 2018
sarrki:

the one that was transmission anyhow is a good example

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:43am On May 24, 2018
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by fallout87: 3:46am On May 24, 2018
They will never be indicted.

The best Nigerians can hope for is Trump putting pressure on Buhari to run a free and fair election. Then installing US troops ready to invade if Buhari rigs or attempts to use military might.
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:26am On May 24, 2018
Sincerely i really doubt this Rape cases by the Nigerian Army. Except it happened dyring the liberation of Bokoharam held territories. But right inside the IDP camps i doubt

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by Riogeese(m): 5:29am On May 24, 2018
sad
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by Obijulius: 6:15am On May 24, 2018
The media is currently under attack.

Next is the church.

And then the ordinary people.

These idiots will do everything to hold on to power. A Nigeria without the SouthEast and SoutSouth is a nightmare to the others.

.Remember I don’t respond to zombie mentions ... feel free to quote me though..

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by magoo10(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2018
These people have committed serious crimes against humanity they should be hanged .buhari and buratai have committed the highest form of attack on human rights

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by BiafraIShere(m): 6:34am On May 24, 2018
This is not news, it is open secret already.
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by chichar1(f): 8:17am On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
Sincerely i really doubt this Rape cases by the Nigerian Army. Except it happened dyring the liberation of Bokoharam held territories. But right inside the IDP camps i doubt
young man stop being ignoramus here, you don't know anything about Nigerian army more than amnesty international

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by SalamRushdie: 8:21am On May 24, 2018
Still waiting of the Zaria Massacre report because that's one of the most mind boggling crime against humanity Africa has witnessed

3 Likes

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by chichar1(f): 8:24am On May 24, 2018
sarrki:
abeg!!!!!! which ministry in Nigeria can liberate this old man from madness?

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by sarrki(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2018
chichar1:
abeg!!!!!! which ministry in Nigeria can liberate this old man from madness?

Keep quiet and go to the other room
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by sarrki(m): 8:25am On May 24, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Still waiting of the Zaria Massacre report because that's one of the most mind boggling crime against humanity Africa has witnessed

Corruption by the former ruling party is crimes against humanity
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:28am On May 24, 2018
chichar1:
young man stop being ignoramus here, you don't know anything about Nigerian army more than amnesty international

Hmmmm My dear i handle GBV cases too here in Borno. cool i'm not saying the Army do not indulge in such.
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by SalamRushdie: 8:31am On May 24, 2018
sarrki:

Corruption by the former ruling party is crimes against humanity

I'd rather we address corruption holistically rather than selectively and that said Buharis govt is the most corrupt allrounder govt in our history

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by chichar1(f): 8:31am On May 24, 2018
sarrki:

Keep quiet and go to the other room
just look at what you learnt from your useless old dying master called Buhari

2 Likes

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by sarrki(m): 8:32am On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Hmmmm My dear i handle GBV cases too here in Borno. cool i'm not saying the Army do not indulge in such.

You are not a supporter of this government

But you are a reasonable wailers

Please don’t engage enemies of our dear country in conversation
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by sarrki(m): 8:33am On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Engaging such people is a treasonable offense
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by chichar1(f): 8:51am On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

oga !!!!!!!! you are a liar!!!!!!! you are not handling any case in bornu , you are just a political thug of one PDP senator in IMO state
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by SolutionMee: 8:58am On May 24, 2018
cry
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2018
chichar1:
oga !!!!!!!! you are a liar!!!!!!! you are not handling any case in bornu , you are just a political thug of one PDP senator in IMO state

Lol grin. Later dear lemme stroll around the Mandara Mountain grin

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by chichar1(f): 9:04am On May 24, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Lol grin. Later dear lemme stroll around the Mandara Mountain grin
better for you!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by tit(f): 12:48am On May 25, 2018
buhari pissed in his shokoto today!
Re: DANGER! War Crimes Against Humanity - Buhari, Buratai, Others May Be Indicted by Daejoyoung: 4:56am On May 25, 2018
fallout87:
They will never be indicted.

The best Nigerians can hope for is Trump putting pressure on Buhari to run a free and fair election. Then installing US troops ready to invade if Buhari rigs or attempts to use military might.
Be careful what you wish for, Syria and Libya readily comes to mind.

(1) (Reply)

Sultan Of Sokoto Is Set To Commission A Project In PHC Tomorrow (photos) / Leaked Interview Of Aisha Buhari With BBC My Husband Is No Longer In Charge / Maiduguri Residents Protest Against YEDC For Supplying Them 24-hour Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.