Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release (22949 Views)

Nigeria's World Cup Kit Sells Out On First Day / Nwakali Added To Nigeria’s World Cup Squad After Dazzling Against Atletico / Russia 2018: Nigeria’s World Cup Opponent, Iceland, Name 23-man Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by centvin008(m): 9:15am On May 24, 2018
Nike receive over three million orders for Nigeria's World Cup shirt despite it not being released until next week
Demand for Nigeria's World Cup 2018 kit has dramatically increased Orders are said to have gone over 3,000,000 ahead of the kit going on sale The home and away kit were unveiled at a launch earlier this year in February The Super Eagles' kit is meant to pay homage to their USA 1994 campaign 
Nike have received over 3,000,000 orders for Nigeria's World Cup 2018 shirt despite the jersey not being officially on sale until next week.
Demand for the country's home and away kit increased following its unveiling at a launch in February. 

The kit isn't available to buy for another six days but that hasn't stopped fans wanting to place their order in advance. 
The Super Eagles' new home and away kit is meant to pay homage to their USA 1994 campaign.

The home shirt features a bright green-and-white zig-zag pattern spreading across the torso and the contrasting sleeves.

Nigeria's away shirt for the Russia World Cup is more understated and closer in resemblance to their more recent shirts with an all-over dark green design.

The kit manufacturers Nike said they wanted to 'tap into the attitude of the nation' with the design and aimed to build the kit based on the identities of the players.

Nike's Nigeria shirts are part of a collection which features Fast Fit Vapotknit technology to aide the athlete's performance.

Nigeria's 2018 kit pays homage to the shirt worn at USA 1994 - the west African nation's debut on the World Cup stage.

The shirts were launched with the help of Premier League trio Wilfied Ndidi, Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho as well as ex-Chelsea midfielder Jon Obi Mikel.

'I grew up in England, but Nigeria is my homeland,' Arsenal star Iwobi told Nike's official website. 

'When I scored that goal, the players were dancing, the fans were playing trumpets and bringing drums... there was just so much passion and energy.

'It is always an honour to wear the white and green. To compete this summer is not just our dream, it is also the dream of our fans.

Demand for Nigeria's World Cup 2018 kit has dramatically increased Orders are said to have gone over 3,000,000 ahead of the kit going on sale The home and away kit were unveiled at a launch earlier this year in February The Super Eagles' kit is meant to pay homage to their USA 1994 campaign 
The new kit is meant to pay homage to the one the Super Eagles played in at USA 1994

The home shirt features a bright green-and-white zig-zag pattern spreading across the torso and the contrasting sleeves.

Nigeria's away shirt for the Russia World Cup is more understated and closer in resemblance to their more recent shirts with an all-over dark green design.

The kit manufacturers Nike said they wanted to 'tap into the attitude of the nation' with the design and aimed to build the kit based on the identities of the players.

Nike's Nigeria shirts are part of a collection which features Fast Fit Vapotknit technology to aide the athlete's performance.
Arsenal's Alex Iwobi modelling the home shirt

Ex-Chelsea midfielder Jon Obi Mikel sporting the away shirt

The shirts were launched with the help of Premier League trio Wilfied Ndidi, Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho as well as ex-Chelsea midfielder Jon Obi Mikel.

'I grew up in England, but Nigeria is my homeland,' Arsenal star Iwobi told Nike's official website. 

'When I scored that goal, the players were dancing, the fans were playing trumpets and bringing drums... there was just so much passion and energy.

'It is always an honour to wear the white and green. To compete this summer is not just our dream, it is also the dream of our fans. Together, we all represent Naija.' 

Leicester midfielder Wilfried Ndidi will be one of Nigeria's key players at the 2018 World Cup

The shirt is founded on the concept of 'Naija' - which means future-focused optimism and encourages the new generation of Nigerians to celebrate their country's rich history and culture.

Nigeria have been drawn into Group D at the 2018 World Cup in Russia alongside Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.

The Super Eagles have never advanced past the round of 16 at the World Cup having reached the knockout stages three times in their history - in 1994, 1998 and 2014.

Iwobi scored the only goal of the game against Zambia in October as Nigeria became the first African nation to book their place in Russia.

The Super Eagles are joined by Morocco, Senegal, Tunisia and Egypt in flying the flag for Africa at the 2018 World Cup.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5763533/Nike-receive-three-million-orders-Nigerias-World-Cup-shirt.html

3 Likes

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Alhajipaulo(m): 9:45am On May 24, 2018
The one I bought is fake or what!!

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Emilo(m): 10:41am On May 24, 2018
All this grammar sef.... How much is it?

8 Likes

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by oshe11: 12:24pm On May 24, 2018
Lemme tweet herecheesy

#BigBreastTwitter

#BigButtTwitter

9 Likes

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by opyzy(m): 12:24pm On May 24, 2018
Alhajipaulo:
na fake o, I was scammed too

116 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Jayloy: 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
The things wey them don they produce for Aba since second day the picture surfaced online. I still saw someone rocking the Jersey yesterday.
Only about ten percent of the upper middle class and upper class would buy from Nike and they are not more than 10 millions.
Most of the orders would come from Nigerians in Diaspora.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by vizkiz: 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
Nike issa learner.

Cloth whey don turn pure water for Lagos. Even Okada riders add tired of putting it on. grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
shey the jersey that has already flooded lagos market ni

2 Likes

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by ossaichika(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
I have already bought two, one for me one for bae ,3k each ooh, so its fake? embarassed

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by pol23: 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
Wow!
Original Nike shirt sells 3m pieces for Nigeria...
I never expected it.
Bless up to every hustler repin naija despite the hardship.

22 Likes

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Skepticus: 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by coolcatty: 12:25pm On May 24, 2018
Alhajipaulo:

Hahahahaha

Niggah thinks the 2,500 he paid is for an original jersey..lol

You bought better nylon...don't wear that shiiit out in the sun..you and the shirt will just melt. grin grin grin

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by damola1: 12:26pm On May 24, 2018
Look forward to buying mine.
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by wisino1(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2018
Alhajipaulo:
your own is aba made

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Livefreeordieha(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2018
Emilo:
All this grammar sef.... How much is it?
85usd a piece..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by FSolar: 12:26pm On May 24, 2018
I learnt it's going to cost almost $100 (almost #36k) grin grin

I always thought the number of stars on a jersey adds to its value.

Let's see what comes of it.

5 Likes

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by cystem(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2018
Nice
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by abdulrazat(m): 12:26pm On May 24, 2018
So they have been selling Fakes in Yaba? Jesus
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by BANGERLEE1(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
Hhh
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Yinxies(f): 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
Nawani?
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by BANGERLEE1(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
Durhhh
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by kolawoleibukun2: 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
this is the problem with nigeria. they will go out there and throway the money. when e reach for spend am for nigerians dem go say fund no day. what stops our government from giving our boys in Aba the contract to make the Tshirts? them just throway 3m for nothing. Aba boys would have done it for half the price and do a better quality. how can you waste 3 million on tshirts when the country is just pulling out of recession. no be say the boy go finally carry the world cup come. in the end how this one take benefit our economy? doctors are on strike and teachers are not paid. the 3 million is used to keep up with the high minimum of people out there. and guess what. the goods will still be made in vietnam, bangladesh or china at a very cheap price. then sold at 3 million. if the tshirt of 22 players go for 3 million then how much will they spend on their boots? accommodation, tfare etc

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by porshnuel: 12:27pm On May 24, 2018
but den de sell am 2500 for Onitsha and aba

1 Like

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by donvicky2007: 12:28pm On May 24, 2018
Alhajipaulo:
Yes, you bought original fake grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by MVLOX(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2018
Abeg ooo make una no vex ooo....If I buy and wear the jersey I go go go heaven?
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by SalamRushdie: 12:28pm On May 24, 2018
So y'all been wearing fakes

1 Like

Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:28pm On May 24, 2018
Alhajipaulo:

grin

You know, na!
Re: Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release by yazach: 12:28pm On May 24, 2018
The money should be channel to Aba for more quality Jersey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? / Ogere, Siasia’s Mother Regains Freedom From Kidnappers / Lionel Messi Appeals Over Tax Fraud Verdict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.