Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,381 members, 7,808,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper (21684 Views)

Monthly Budget Of A Youth Corper Serving In The North / Youth Corper Helps A Physically Challenged Corper At Taraba NYSC Camp. PICS / Youth Corper Shot Dead In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by 24hoursreporter: 10:02am On May 24, 2018
NYSC year is always very challenging for Corp members. And those that are posted to cities like Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Calabar etc. will definitely have a story to tell. As a matter of fact, they find it extremely difficult to cope and some live from hands to mouth. This is the reason many Nigerians tagged NYSC to be “Now Your Suffering Continue”. Well we present to you, top 5 businesses you can do as a youth corper.

So, any Youth Corper that can start any of these businesses, Life in service will be interesting for them. Also, you will be a step ahead of your peers in the labour Market.

List of Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper
#1 Data Sharing
Data sharing is one of the businesses you can do as a youth corper serving in any state in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, the business is very viable and easy to start. You need little capital to start this business and if you are passionate you can break even in no time.

Data sharing business involves you selling data for MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9Mobile. You don’t need to rent a shop before you start. The best way to market this business is via social media platform like Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and Twitter. Try this out and tell others your success story.

#2 Freelancing
Freelancing is also among the top viable businesses you can do as a youth corper. Freelancing is a term used to describe a self employed person who is not committed to any employer on the long run. In other words, a freelancer is a person who does projects for different companies and is not their employees.

You can start freelancing job as a Youth corper. It is very easy to start, just identify a niche where you have comparative advantage and start marketing yourself.

There are several freelance websites on the internet, some of the most popular ones are; Fiverr, Upwork, PeoplePerHour, Freelancer.com, 99design, etc.

#3 Mini Importation
Mini Importation is another good business you can do during your service year. However, this business is strictly for youth corpers with hustling spirit.

Mini importation business involves bringing goods from other countries like China, Uk, US, etc in small quantities and resell them in your location to make a profit. It is a viable business and many people have become millionaires through mini importation.

However, you have to do a thorough research before you import any product. Ensure that the product you are importing will solve a problem in your location.

#4 Photography/Videography
Photography/Videography is also among the viable businesses you can do as a youth corper. If you don’t have this skill, start learning it before you go for NYSC. Design a complimentary card and share to people around.

In no time, you will be the one covering most events and occasions around your PPA. Remember, most Nigerians have soft hearts for corpers.

#5 Private Tutoring
Private tutoring is another good business you can do as a Corper. And will enjoy this better if you are quantitatively inclined. It is very easy to start, tell your friends around your PPA and paste posters around advertising your teaching skills.

I tell you this, if you are good in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, you will make it big as a private tutor.

These are the top 5 viable businesses you can do as a youth corper. Try any of them today and be a self made entrepreneur.

If you need advise on how to start any of the above businesses, drop a comment.
Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/05/24/top-5-businesses-you-can-do-as-a-youth-corper/

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by KubwaBoy: 6:08pm On May 24, 2018
So this is how easy FTC is? congrats to me
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by zlantanfan: 6:08pm On May 24, 2018
In saner climes their are structures in place to understudy students and their best fit with a process to harness the potentials of extraordinary talents into various sectors, the remaining students are then given proper incentives to manage their lives until they find their feet in the already organised society.

In Nigeria we have a broken educational system that chuns out enterprising graduates to a eat or be eaten society.

Nysc is just a fraud contraption installed to keep foisting "one Nigeria " down our necks

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by RomanticBob: 6:08pm On May 24, 2018
I heard affiliate marketing is also good.
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by asawanathegreat(m): 6:10pm On May 24, 2018
Good advice there,

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by CriticMaestro: 6:11pm On May 24, 2018
In camp they tell you there are no white collar jobs now...but yet they still want you to serve

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Doerstech(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2018
Good one OP...

Whichever business you decides to do, don't forget that it needs an online presence....Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by zeenab(f): 6:13pm On May 24, 2018
Nice one Op.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Riogeese(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2018
undecided
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by qanda: 6:17pm On May 24, 2018
As a Corp Member, the No 1 focus you should have is defining what you want. What Career do you want to pursue? In what field or area do you want to offer value to the society? Once you have an answer to the question, acquire the skills that will make you standout in that field.

Never let making money be your priority. Your priority should be offering a valuable service and meeting a need. Study and sit for relevant professional Examination (If Applicable). Invest in knowledge because it will serve you for a lifetime. One useful skill you should nurture is how to network. For individual who want to be Entrepreneurs, make out time to study books on entrepreneurship and Business.

In a Digital Age, Digital Marketing, Copy Writing and Graphics Skills will serve you.

If you are looking to build a Career in a relevant industry, your potential employers are likely to be interested in knowing what you made out of your NYSC. Make sure you participate in Community building, innovative and worthwhile activities. Do not run away from accepting leadership roles in whatever capacity, the experience will serve you and stand you out in no distant time.

Lastly, make your time count to your host community and Place of Primary Assignment (PPA)

Download Q and A App from Google Playstoreto access FREE NIM-NYSC Past Questions and Answers and other professional exams. Other useful materials include: Top Interview Past Questions and Suggested/Sample Answers and Career, Personal Development Resources.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by BlackHatNaija: 6:22pm On May 24, 2018
Only number 5 is feasible.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by KingEjanla(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2018
RomanticBob:
I heard affiliate marketing is also good.

Yeah affiliate marketing is good, it's just like marketing for konga, Olx, cars45 etc
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by ibori1(m): 6:26pm On May 24, 2018
back den

no 5 dou
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by okonja(m): 6:26pm On May 24, 2018
If you have a good business idea, apply for Bank of Industry's GEF loan...All you gonna need as collateral is just your Discharge Certificate.

It's not gonna be rossy after service year, so make use of this opportunity to get finance for your idea and repay bank within 3-5years at a single digit interest.

Don't dull dear corper

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by flamingfire24(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2018
photography best of them all.
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Akosxxx(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2018
grin
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by akeentech(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2018
You need cheap data see my profile
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Timagex(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2018
flamingfire24:
photography best of them all.
and the gels as bonus wink

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by defolman(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2018
zlantanfan:
In saner climes their are structures in place to understudy students and their best fit with a process to harness the potentials of extraordinary talents into various sectors, the remaining students are then given proper incentives to manage their lives until they find their feet in the already organised society.

In Nigeria we have a broken educational system that chuns out enterprising graduates to a eat or be eaten society.

Nysc is just a fraud contraption installed to keep foisting "one Nigeria " down our necks
We should all try and do our bit to make naija a better place
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by GCsomething: 7:00pm On May 24, 2018
I like this. Thanks a lot.

But I am interested in the mini importation business.

Pls I need on tips. Check my signature.

Thanks
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Chogzee(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2018
Nice1 Op
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Tamzblaze(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2018
At point 5.... what if you're good in just Art subjects?
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by olabs201(m): 7:12pm On May 24, 2018
Farming in the north
I make 1million from my soya beans farm in Taraba doing my NYSC year.

4 Likes

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by moneyadulttube: 7:36pm On May 24, 2018
check my signature for the 6th option.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Seconsol92(m): 7:38pm On May 24, 2018
For your cheap mtn data see my signature
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by Cherishpearl: 7:41pm On May 24, 2018
Zizy99:
You should add Network Marketing. This is a business you can grow and rely on just by creating a network, that is sharing the opportunity with others. Ask me for one that will help you fulfill your dreams.
.....pls tell me
Re: Top 5 Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper by GeniusMurphy7124(m): 7:50pm On May 24, 2018
24hoursreporter:
NYSC year is always very challenging for Corp members. And those that are posted to cities like Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Calabar etc. will definitely have a story to tell. As a matter of fact, they find it extremely difficult to cope and some live from hands to mouth. This is the reason many Nigerians tagged NYSC to be “Now Your Suffering Continue”. Well we present to you, top 5 businesses you can do as a youth corper.

So, any Youth Corper that can start any of these businesses, Life in service will be interesting for them. Also, you will be a step ahead of your peers in the labour Market.

List of Businesses You Can Do As A Youth Corper
#1 Data Sharing
Data sharing is one of the businesses you can do as a youth corper serving in any state in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, the business is very viable and easy to start. You need little capital to start this business and if you are passionate you can break even in no time.

Data sharing business involves you selling data for MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9Mobile. You don’t need to rent a shop before you start. The best way to market this business is via social media platform like Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and Twitter. Try this out and tell others your success story.

#2 Freelancing
Freelancing is also among the top viable businesses you can do as a youth corper. Freelancing is a term used to describe a self employed person who is not committed to any employer on the long run. In other words, a freelancer is a person who does projects for different companies and is not their employees.

You can start freelancing job as a Youth corper. It is very easy to start, just identify a niche where you have comparative advantage and start marketing yourself.

There are several freelance websites on the internet, some of the most popular ones are; Fiverr, Upwork, PeoplePerHour, Freelancer.com, 99design, etc.

#3 Mini Importation
Mini Importation is another good business you can do during your service year. However, this business is strictly for youth corpers with hustling spirit.

Mini importation business involves bringing goods from other countries like China, Uk, US, etc in small quantities and resell them in your location to make a profit. It is a viable business and many people have become millionaires through mini importation.

However, you have to do a thorough research before you import any product. Ensure that the product you are importing will solve a problem in your location.

#4 Photography/Videography
Photography/Videography is also among the viable businesses you can do as a youth corper. If you don’t have this skill, start learning it before you go for NYSC. Design a complimentary card and share to people around.

In no time, you will be the one covering most events and occasions around your PPA. Remember, most Nigerians have soft hearts for corpers.

#5 Private Tutoring
Private tutoring is another good business you can do as a Corper. And will enjoy this better if you are quantitatively inclined. It is very easy to start, tell your friends around your PPA and paste posters around advertising your teaching skills.

I tell you this, if you are good in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, you will make it big as a private tutor.

These are the top 5 viable businesses you can do as a youth corper. Try any of them today and be a self made entrepreneur.

If you need advise on how to start any of the above businesses, drop a comment.
Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/05/24/top-5-businesses-you-can-do-as-a-youth-corper/

I'll like to be brief more on the data sharing business, pls shed more light about the business.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stunning Calisthenics Display By Corpers In Kaduna (Photos) / Is There Age Limit For Nysc Eligibility For Graduates? / A Year Experience With My Fellow Yoruba And Igbo Corpers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.