Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Court Declaration Of Me Wanted, Press Release By Innoson - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Court Declaration Of Me Wanted, Press Release By Innoson (398 Views)

West African Biggest Plastic Factory Own By Innoson -video And Photos / Court Declaration Of Me” Wanted” Is Simply To Embarrass My Personality- Innoson. / Court Declared Me Wanted To Embarrass Me – Innoson Boss, Innocent Chukwuma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Declaration Of Me Wanted, Press Release By Innoson by osita76(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2018
Press Release: Court declaration of me” Wanted” is simply To Embarrass My Personality- Innoson.

I have been briefed by my lawyers that Justice Mojisola Dada of Lagos State High Court Ikeja granted the oral plea of counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to declare me wanted because of my failure to appear before the court today. I have expressly stated before that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through due process of the law.

It must be noted that I, through my legal counsel, challenged the jurisdiction of the Lagos State High Court to hear the forgery charge filed against me by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on ground of, inter alia, the charge being an abuse of process. I filed an application before the court that this present charge is an abuse of process because a similar charge on the same subject matter, transactions and issues is ongoing at the Federal High Court Lagos Division between the same parties, in charge no FHC/l/565c/2015. The last hearing of the charge at the Federal High Court was this week, May 22nd 2018.

Furthermore, my legal counsel had at the last court hearing on April 25th 2018 notified the court that I had challenged the Jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division and that the prosecuting counsels which are the EFCC has equally filed their brief at the Appellate Court. The judge subsequently adjourned the hearing to today, May 24th 2018.

At the court hearing today, my defense team, also, notified the judge that both parties have filed and exchanged their briefs at the Court of Appeal and a date has been fixed for hearing of the substantive appeal and prayed the Honourable Judge to defer to the Court of Appeal to decide the appeal which is on the jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit. Again, my legal team notified the trial court that I had appealed against the order of bench warrant of 9th February 2018 to the Court of Appeal and as well filed a motion for stay of execution of the order of bench warrant.

However, the judge failed to grant the prayers of my legal counsel and quickly granted the plea of the prosecuting counsel to declare me wanted without recourse to due process of the law or listen to the submissions of my counsel on why an order declaring me wanted should not be made.

Declaring me wanted was done in bad faith and is simply to embarrass my personality, defame me and malign my character aimed to distract me from my daily activities in ensuring that Innoson Vehicles continues to produce durable made in Nigeria vehicles.

Recall also that the same Judge had issued a bench warrant against me, while I had challenged the jurisdiction of her court to hear the suit and I also wrote a petition to the National Judicial Council to investigate the circumstance leading to issuing a bench warrant against me and ordering my arrest. In the course of this case, I had filed a motion that the judge recuse or disqualify herself from further conduct of the proceedings which she failed to hear and insisted I must be brought to court against laid down judicial authorities.

Finally I want to expressly state that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through the due process of the law. This Trumped Up Charge against me is being instigated by Guaranty Trust Bank, who as at today is indebted to me above N22 Billion Naira, but I know Justice will prevail at the end of the day. Meanwhile, I have also appealed against the order declaring me wanted and as well filed a motion for the stay of its execution.
Re: Court Declaration Of Me Wanted, Press Release By Innoson by weyreypey: 4:51pm On May 24, 2018
shocked people like madridguy are not happy seen this man prosper...
Hate will only destroy Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Court Declaration Of Me Wanted, Press Release By Innoson by weyreypey: 4:52pm On May 24, 2018
angry
Re: Court Declaration Of Me Wanted, Press Release By Innoson by osita76(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2018
osita76:
Press Release: Court declaration of me” Wanted” is simply To Embarrass My Personality- Innoson.

I have been briefed by my lawyers that Justice Mojisola Dada of Lagos State High Court Ikeja granted the oral plea of counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to declare me wanted because of my failure to appear before the court today. I have expressly stated before that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through due process of the law.

It must be noted that I, through my legal counsel, challenged the jurisdiction of the Lagos State High Court to hear the forgery charge filed against me by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on ground of, inter alia, the charge being an abuse of process. I filed an application before the court that this present charge is an abuse of process because a similar charge on the same subject matter, transactions and issues is ongoing at the Federal High Court Lagos Division between the same parties, in charge no FHC/l/565c/2015. The last hearing of the charge at the Federal High Court was this week, May 22nd 2018.

Furthermore, my legal counsel had at the last court hearing on April 25th 2018 notified the court that I had challenged the Jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division and that the prosecuting counsels which are the EFCC has equally filed their brief at the Appellate Court. The judge subsequently adjourned the hearing to today, May 24th 2018.

At the court hearing today, my defense team, also, notified the judge that both parties have filed and exchanged their briefs at the Court of Appeal and a date has been fixed for hearing of the substantive appeal and prayed the Honourable Judge to defer to the Court of Appeal to decide the appeal which is on the jurisdiction of the court to hear the suit. Again, my legal team notified the trial court that I had appealed against the order of bench warrant of 9th February 2018 to the Court of Appeal and as well filed a motion for stay of execution of the order of bench warrant.

However, the judge failed to grant the prayers of my legal counsel and quickly granted the plea of the prosecuting counsel to declare me wanted without recourse to due process of the law or listen to the submissions of my counsel on why an order declaring me wanted should not be made.

Declaring me wanted was done in bad faith and is simply to embarrass my personality, defame me and malign my character aimed to distract me from my daily activities in ensuring that Innoson Vehicles continues to produce durable made in Nigeria vehicles.

Recall also that the same Judge had issued a bench warrant against me, while I had challenged the jurisdiction of her court to hear the suit and I also wrote a petition to the National Judicial Council to investigate the circumstance leading to issuing a bench warrant against me and ordering my arrest. In the course of this case, I had filed a motion that the judge recuse or disqualify herself from further conduct of the proceedings which she failed to hear and insisted I must be brought to court against laid down judicial authorities.

Finally I want to expressly state that I am not afraid of arraignment but must be arraigned through the due process of the law. This Trumped Up Charge against me is being instigated by Guaranty Trust Bank, who as at today is indebted to me above N22 Billion Naira, but I know Justice will prevail at the end of the day. Meanwhile, I have also appealed against the order declaring me wanted and as well filed a motion for the stay of its execution.
EFCC vs INNOSON: Igbo Spiritual leader condemns bench warrant against INNOSON Motors boss
*Calls on NJC to wade in

The Spiritual leader of the Igbo nation Chief Rommy Ezeonwuka ( Ogilisi Igbo) has condemned the bench warrant issued against the Chairman of INNOSON Motors Nigeria Limited Chief innocent Chukwuma by Justice Mojisola Dada of the Special Offences Court sitting in Lagos following a case between Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) and INNOSON Motors

The trial judge, justice Dada had during the sitting declined to hear the application brought by counsel to Innoson,vGeorge Uwechue (SAN) who had requested that the court hear his application on the matter, instead the judge granted the request from EFCC prosecutor to declare Chukwuma wanted.

Speaking on the matter, Chief Ezeonwuka described the bench warrant as "purely biased" and unacceptable alleging that what happend in court today shows that there is a ploy to intimate, frustrate and humiliate INNOSON over the case he has with GTBank simply because he is an Igbo man.

Ezeonwuka quickly called on National Judicial Commission (NJC) to quickly wade into the matter to compell the trial judge to reverse the bench warrant because it was issued based on tribal sentiment and not on the platform of justice.

The igbo spiritual leader fumed thus "Yes, they are doing this to Chukwuma because he is an Igbo man, how can you declare somebody who was duly represented in court by Senoir Advocate wanted, it is not done anywhere. Could any judge declare Dangote wanted under this circumstance, or declare Adenuga or Otedola wanted under this circumstance, the answer is no, but they do it against Igbo man

Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola and NNOSON are men of duly recognized by Nigeria government with national honors and they are being respected at the international level as employers of labor, so why should INNOSON be targeted, why won't they give him the respect due for him?

"But as the Spiritual leader of the Igbo nation, I will not accept it, the judge should withdraw that bench warrant because INNOSON is not a fugitive criminal, he was duly represented by a team of Lawyers led by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, the judge should withdraw the bench warrant because it can't be justified.

Defending his position that the bench warrant is tribalistic and uncalled for, he maintained that it was meant to frustrate INNOSON because he has a good case against GTBank which a High Court and A Court of Appeal have delivered favorable judgement against his opponent, GTBank.

He added "if am not mistaking there are court judgements in favor of INNOSON against GTBank and which is mandating GTBank to refund INNOSON some money. I think the case is currently at the Supreme Court, but instead of following the case at the Apex Court they diverted attention to Special Offences Court and filed a case of forgery against INNOSON in this strange Court. I have not heard about this Court before now, so they want to use this strange court to frustrate INNOSON.

He continued "Now tell me according to the case at the Supreme Court GTBank is billed to pay INNOSON an amount of money in the region of N22Billion plus about N4Billion worth collateral in their hands. Instead of following the case they raised allegation of forgery of documents in the tune of about N1Billion naira against INNOSON and went to the strange court to fill another case. How could the case of about a billion naira be more prominent than the case of N22Billion? Is that not funny enough, you see their plan is to frustrate INNOSON but is not going to work, never"

The Ogilisi Igbo berated the trial judge for apparently being tribalistic on the matters questioning the rational behind his refusal to take the application brought before the court by the counsel to INNOSON Motors and end up granting the request brought by the EFCC prosecutor. He noted that the position of the judge on the matter didn't give room for fair hearing on the side of INNOSON.

He added "from the report on what happened in the court, the judge didnt give room for fair hearing otherwise why did he refused to take the application from INNOSON counsel and end up granting the request brought by the prosecutor, it shows that something is wrong somewhere.

The Igbo Spiritual leader insisted that what happend in court today shows that there is ploy to intimate, fruatrate and humiliate INNOSON over the case he has with GTBank maintaining that NJC should give directive to the trial judge to reverse the bench warrant immediately.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is 3million Naira? Chicken Change – A Yahoo Boy Said. / What Business Can Young School Leaver Start That Doesn't Require Shop In Aba / Here Are The 5 Apps That Every Entrepreneur Should Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.