|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,861,845 members, 6,865,813 topics. Date: Monday, 16 May 2022 at 07:54 PM
Another Mutant Form Of COVID-19 Discovered In Nigeria - Africa CDC / Drug Abuse: Slaymama Poses With Bottles Of Codeine Syrup And Milk. / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)
|Another Form Of Drug Abuse by Ebiezprada(m): 6:11pm On May 24, 2018|
Drug abuse: Save Yourself!
Most of us think we're not guilty of the problem of drug abuse because we look at it from just one angle. Truth of the matter is that many of us who don't take substances such as cocaine and the likes are still as guilty as the people who take them. This other perspective is that of self medication.
Some of us have become doctors to ourselves, neighbors and loved ones without having a formal knowledge of Medicine. We act based on what we think we know but that is so wrong and very dangerous.
Here are things the medical practitioner may not take time to tell you:
1. In drug prescription, body weight is considered ahead of your age.
2. A particular dosage is potent enough to take out the disease. Less will only quell the sickness for a short while, more will lead to overdose.
3. Chemical drugs are also toxic substances. Apart from the fact that they aid in curing sickness, they also pose their own threats.
4. If an overdose doesn't kill a person, an organ may become its target site. Trust me, you don't want to live a life in which you are having an organ failure.
5. You shouldn't take drugs with too cold or hot water. Temperature influences/ alters some chemical reactions and you don't need the drug to have a different type of reaction from what it was designed for.
As much as possible, avoid taking drugs. Take them only when it's necessary. Maintain personal hygiene and always keep your environment clean. Be mindful of the water you drink and the food you eat.
You are part of the environment, be a good advocate.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26