Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom (3188 Views)

Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta / Flood Takes Over Some Parts Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom (photos) / Multiple Accident In Front Of Uyo Stadium Caused By Phone Call (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by Afam4eva(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2018
Uyo is one city that i never really went to and during Akpabio's government, i knew it was a place that i just had to visit because the noise of uncommon transformation was too much.

I had the opportunity of visiting Uyo yesterday and even though i only stayed for a few hours, i think i'm somewhat qualified to give a review. Note that my previous reviews of Uyo were based solely on images and videos that i saw on the internet.

I had assignments to do in Owerri and Uyo and i wanted to kill two birds with a stone and so, i decide to go to Owerri, lodge and while i'm lodged in the hotel, i will leave Owerri for Uyo which is like approximately 3 hours away, then i'll return back to Owerri the same day. I dd this because i heard the price for a quality hotel in Uyo is exorbitant.

On my way to Uyo, the moment i entered Akwa Ibom stayed just before Ikot Ekpene, i was impressed with how clean and neat everywhere was, even the village houses were well swept and as i got to Ikot Ekpene, i was even more impressed. How can a small town be this organized and clean. I got to Uyo and i was blown away by the Infrastructure (roads, bridges) and the cleanliness and calmness of the city. It was something that i had never really seen in Nigeria. The only cities that can stand side by side with Uyo are Abuja and Calabar based on the variables i mentioned.

On the negative side though, i realized that Uyo does not really have the buildings to match the roads and bridges. Most of the impressive buildings i saw were built by the Akwa Ibom state government. I also noticed that Uyo had little commercial activity going on unlike Owerri where i was initially.

All in all, Uyo is a beautiful city and it's definitely a city for the future if the government can attract industries and more businesses while maintaning the fresh look of the city.

Mynd44
Lalasticla

2 Likes

Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by kingreign(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2018
Akwa ibom daakada cool
Akwa abasi ibom cool
Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by kasynlives: 8:03pm On May 24, 2018
Afam4eva:
Uyo is one city that i never really went to and during Akpabio's government, i knew it was a place that i just had to visit because the noise of uncommon transformation was too much.

I had the opportunity of visiting Uyo yesterday and even though i only stayed for a few hours, i think i'm somewhat qualified to give a review. Note that my previous reviews of Uyo were based solely on images and videos that i saw on the internet.

I had assignments to do in Owerri and Uyo and i wanted to kill two birds with a stone and so, i decide to go to Owerri, lodge and while i'm lodged in the hotel, i will leave Owerri for Uyo which is like approximately 3 hours away, then i'll return back to Owerri the same day. I dd this because i heard the price for a quality hotel in Uyo is exorbitant.

On my way to Uyo, the moment i entered Akwa Ibom stayed just before Ikot Ekpene, i was impressed with how clean and neat everywhere was, even the village houses were well swept and as i got to Ikot Ekpene, i was even more impressed. How can a small town be this organized and clean. I got to Uyo and i was blown away by the Infrastructure (roads, bridges) and the cleanliness and calmness of the city. It was something that i had never really seen in Nigeria. The only cities that can stand side by side with Uyo are Abuja and Calabar based on the variables i mentioned.

On the negative side though, i realized that Uyo does not really have the buildings to match the roads and bridges. Most of the impressive buildings i saw were built by the Akwa Ibom state government. I also noticed that Uyo had little commercial activity going on unlike Owerri where i was initially.

All in all, Uyo is a beautiful city and it's definitely a city for the future if the government can attract industries and more businesses while maintaning the fresh look of the city.

Mynd44
Lalasticla
The road infrastructure in akwa ibom state was well planned and executed that one can't help but marvel and appreciate such which is rare in most states in nigeria.
Dual carriageway from ikot ekpene to uyo(To Ibom plaza/City Center) , Dual carriageway from Abak to uyo(To Ibom Plaza/city center) same with oron road and Aka road.
The state government of obong victor attah built a classy motor park for long distance buses and intra state transport in uyo and all transport coys were mandated to move to the park during akpabio's regime which restored sanity inside the city because the park was built in where can be called as the outskirts(ITAM).
A big gated market was also constructed in itam on the calabar/itu highway, the road to the godswill akpabio stadium is also multi lane which will help in free flow of traffic when events are held in the stadium,keke napep was banned i think in 2014 from operating within the ibom plaza/city center area,most keke napep operators are switching massively to shuttle buses which are more pleasing in the eyes and is unarguably a better mode of transportation......Typing

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by Afam4eva(m): 8:27pm On May 24, 2018
kasynlives:

The road infrastructure in akwa ibom state was well planned and executed that one can't help but marvel and appreciate such which is rare in most states in nigeria.
Dual carriageway from ikot ekpene to uyo(To Ibom plaza/City Center) , Dual carriageway from Abak to uyo(To Ibom Plaza/city center) same with oron road and Aka road.
The state government of obong victor attah built a classy motor park for long distance buses and intra state transport in uyo and all transport coys were mandated to move to the park during akpabio's regime which restored sanity inside the city because the park was built in where can be called as the outskirts(ITAM).
A big gated market was also constructed in itam on the calabar/itu highway, the road to the godswill akpabio stadium is also multi lane which will help in free flow of traffic when events are held in the stadium......Typing
Is the park by any means where you have the AKTC buses? I'v never seen a park that big yet orderly and clean.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by kasynlives: 8:31pm On May 24, 2018
Afam4eva:

Is the park by any means where you have the AKTC buses? I'v never seen a park that big yet orderly and clean.
AKTC terminal is different but within the same itam.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by Afam4eva(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2018
kasynlives:
AKTC terminal is different but within the same itam.
Ohh okay.

1 Like

Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by Spiff20(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2018
A fair review
Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by scofield2016: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
Uyo is the capital of Akwa Ibom State and is an oil-rich metropolis full of interesting outdoor centers and parks, bustling markets and rich cultural heritage. The city is located in southern Nigeria and is very near to the Atlantic Ocean. Uyo has a population of about 420,000 and is the largest city in Akwa Ibom State. Uyo is one of the top tourist attractions in Nigeria and boasts of its serene environment and deep green vegetation. The city’s loveliness and cultural heritage is a huge part of the reasons why people are always on the lookout for cheap flights to Uyo so they can have the heaven-like experience Uyo offers.

https://blog.travelbeta.com/book-cheap-flights-to-uyo/

https://blog.travelbeta.com/book-cheap-flights-to-akwa-ibom/
Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by OVB123: 11:30am On May 25, 2022
U hit the nail on the head.
Re: My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom by kenny714433(m): 6:09pm On May 25, 2022
What we don't have is nice buildings to complement Uyo. The newly constructed Ring road will be another beauty to behold.

All buildings springing up along ring road are modern classic buildings, with a four land, well paved road.

If you're in Uyo, never fails to visit Brooks Street. That is the only place that gives me the abroad feelings in this AKS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Coolest Subways Around The World (PIX) / A Terrible Accident At Umuahia/okigwe Rd Few Hours Ago.(graphic Contents) / No Work No Business No Access To Public Funds.( Dependant Vignette And Brp Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.