Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Eko Disco:the Citadel Of Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Disco:the Citadel Of Corruption (308 Views)

The Centre Of Corruption In Not Government But Regulator - Reno Omokri / FG Sacks Eko Disco Managing Director / Why EFCC Could Not Prosecute Me Despite Allegations Of Corruption – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Eko Disco:the Citadel Of Corruption by Tobyarab(m): 12:52am On May 25, 2018
I live in Bank Olemoh street, surulere, Lagos which falls under Eko Disco coverage. for nearly three days, we have been without power, I wasn't bothered about it because it was normal occurrence. early in the morning of yesterday, I had to make a drop at Jibowu park and while enroute to my destination, I discovered to my surprise that the streets we share same power line with,all had power.i assumed it was a fault and readied my mind to report a fault later when there was daylight. I returned from the park,had my bath and dashed off to Eko disco office on Akerele street. as I made to lay my complaint, the worker I met there told me to save my energy as my street has been disconnected from the power grid. WHAAT!!! I couldnt be more shocked. I asked why and he said they always encounter resistance from residents there when they go on power disconnection exercise. I was livid. I told him that I use pre-paid meter and I speak with a fact that 80percent of houses in that street use pre-paid meter too.how can you disconnect us? he told me that they acted on the directive of the AGM at their head office in Marina. I said OK, thanked him and zoomed off to Marina. on getting to the office, I was directed to meet with the head of customer service department. she was quite pleasant. I aired my grievance to her and she set about to resolve the issue with phone calls and all. in the end, she ascertained that it was disconnected on order of the AGM. (I wondered how a human being can be so heartless to give such instruction).she told me that she has escalated the issue through email and all and that I should be patient since there are protocols to follow. by the way, she said I should go and look for leadership in the street, that they need to sign undertaking not to inflict harm on the staff.(i told her that I have deduced from this act of your company that there is special benefit they get from people on estimated billing which they can't let go of. because you can't come to a place where the majority of your customers use pre-paid meter and still disconnect the street. the power supply in that street is most times very poor yet they slam heavy bills on these people. how cruel can people be. the progress of economy of Nigeria is hinged on having stable power but these discos don't want it so. they prefer to give you little power and charge you high for it. government should revert the sale of these discos because they are a monumental failure) I protested the much I could and left the office. Tomorrow, I am going to NERC office. let me see if they live up to their duties as Disco regulator.Eko Disco reeks of corruption.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Obaseki Too Busy Developing Edo To Be Interested In The Prosecution Of PDP Men / 2019 Presidency Election / Ijaw Youths Warn Against Plot To Destabilise Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.