Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,393 members, 7,781,129 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:28 AM

Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo (66352 Views)

Fight: Lady Strips Opponent & Leaves Her Juicy Apples On Full Display (video) / Nigerian Man Killed By Car In Indonesia While Fleeing From Immigration (Graphic) / Chinese Man Punches Nigerian Man Who Bashed His Car In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by sollybaby(f): 3:31pm On May 25, 2018
Hmmm... Weh d pikin undecided
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by saneasses(f): 3:36pm On May 25, 2018
thank God for d child's life
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Reference(m): 3:37pm On May 25, 2018
sleek82:
i am still trying to find where the op said the SUV was an automatic transmission

That is an ix35 I think, essentially automatic in Nigeria and there is no way that vehicle will roll in park mode except the gear is severely damaged. Moreover it is near impossible the child could have depressed the brake to engage the gear.

1 Like

Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by henrolevra: 3:41pm On May 25, 2018
Nairaland will not kill me ooo. I was serious going through the comments here forgoten I had something on my gas cooker. Thank God I perceived the smell on time but the food is already burnt. What am i going to eat now?
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by raphaeladeyele: 3:54pm On May 25, 2018
Thank God for his life
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by KrystosCJ(m): 3:59pm On May 25, 2018
Instead of park, she put it on neutral.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by bettercreature(m): 4:15pm On May 25, 2018
Trexnemesis:
She's not fit to be a mother
It was a mistake she did nothing wrong.The kid probably changed the gear to Neutral
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by bettercreature(m): 4:17pm On May 25, 2018
KrystosCJ:
Instead of park, she put it on neutral.
It wasnt her fault it was the kid.She wouldnt have left the car before she realised it if she put it on Neural
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Born2Breed(f): 4:23pm On May 25, 2018
BoneBlogger:
A mother, Mrs Olaore Yetunde, a resident of Adetoro Adelaja street, Magodo, Lagos, on May 24, 2018, put her 2-year-old son in harms way by leaving him alone in the car while she dashed into her apartment situate in the aforementioned address to pick up an item.

According to the findings of the police team that visited the scene, Mrs Olaore drove her Hyundai 4-wheel-drive SUV with registration number AAA 507 DE into her compound at Adetoro Adelaja street, Magodo. She left her son in the car and hurriedly went inside her apartment to pick up an item without properly bringing the car to a halt with the handbrake.
The result was that before she could come back to the car, it had drifted out through one side of the gate that was left open after she drove inside. The car further drifted across the road and slide off the main road into a 20 feet gully with the bottom of the car facing up after it somersaulted severally.

The infant who sustained injuries in the head and the arm was rescued by the Command Rapid Response Squad patrol team stationed near the scene of incident.

The child was instantly rushed to an undisclosed hospital for a first aid from where he was referred to another hospital in Ikeja for a comprehensive treatment.

The Commissioner of Police, Lagos State, CP Imohimi Edgal advised parents to draw lessons from the unfortunate incident and never leave their little children all by themselves in their cars. The CP reiterated that negligent parents would be prosecuted in accordance with relevant laws.

SP Chike Oti
Police Public Relations Officer,
Lagos State Police Command.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/baby-boy-in-near-death-situation-over-mothers-carelessness.html

It could happen to anyone. Thank God the baby is safe.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by engrjacuzzi: 4:38pm On May 25, 2018
just imagining her being in a hurry to carry condom for her side boo and didn't turn off the car..
if they tell me her husband isn't the father of that child, I won't argue but believe
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by uuzba(m): 4:42pm On May 25, 2018
MicroBox:
Could happen to anyone

.....who did not go to a proper driving school because they have money to buy a fancy car and now see themselves as the king of the world and would not like to listen to any instructions from any driving instructor who does not have as much money as they have.

You are right. It could happen to anyone ... like that.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by gaby(m): 4:43pm On May 25, 2018
Papa Nkechi you must buy me car oo..na the result be this.

Check out my siggy
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by okomile(f): 4:44pm On May 25, 2018
DonaTee:

As in eeeh. What if some1 stole d baby? Or the car and the baby.
To leave pikin for car to at least open d gate is not even easy. I rather carry d pikin enter compound n come back to drive in.

Many things can go wrong.

Speedy healing to the baby

I just tire for some pple.

Amen to the healing process
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Okezedan(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2018
quentin06:

not village, just a reckless whorre who values her make up kit more than her child.
abeg make i hear word jor. It can happen to anybody. Certain things cnt even be explained to the best of our knowledge
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by kenevision(m): 5:11pm On May 25, 2018
MrCork:

....did the son have driver licence? angry

Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Diamond23(f): 5:14pm On May 25, 2018
foolish and careless act frm d woman.get well soon lil man
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 25, 2018
Earthbound:
This was an attempt by her village people to test a new, sophisticated arrow they have been working on.

I dey tell you
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 25, 2018
Okezedan:
abeg make i hear word jor. It can happen to anybody. Certain things cnt even be explained to the best of our knowledge

yes i guess things like these are regular occurrence to you.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by ireonGee(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2018
okomile:
Lucky child. Foolish woman
What's the hurry that you can't carry your child out of the car.
Lagos wahala Running from pillar to posf
Speedy recovery baby
good wife material.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 25, 2018
engrjacuzzi:
just imagining her being in a hurry to carry condom for her side boo and didn't turn off the car..
if they tell me her husband isn't the father of that child, I won't argue but believe

you ve got a point.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 25, 2018
I find it irrevocably funny that people would rather blame everything else but the real culprit. Some have alluded to the fact that it must be the handi-work of people from her village that caused the vehicle to careen down the embankment and not the woman's own negligent behavior. The woman in this story was definitely negligent and should have known better not to leave her toddler alone in a car with the engine idling [running] whether or not it was in "park." Anyone with a child knows or ought to know that children are very curious ["monkey see, monkey do"] and if left alone in a car that's running, is surely an accident waiting to happen. But assuming that the child was not curious enough to act out what she saw his mom do, it's not implausible that while the car was idling, the gear system got disengaged from a "park" position to "drive." There have been several instances of such and there have been recalls of some of these vehicles. So folks, let's not just jump into conclusions or make assumptions about issues that upon closer examination would be totally unrelated.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Massdamm(m): 7:03pm On May 25, 2018
nwakibie3:
villa people at work grin grin
bills bawo...

open ur eyes naw
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by sleek82(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2018
Reference:

That is an ix35 I think, essentially automatic in Nigeria and there is no way that vehicle will roll in park mode except the gear is severely damaged. Moreover it is near impossible the child could have depressed the brake to engage the gear.
please deal with the facts you have and stop forming an automobile guru here....for all i care, that could be a santa fe, kona or a tucson and they also come in stick shifts....the op's write up did not state all the facts, so you have to consider everything and not just jump into conclusions because it fits your ideology. Please think!!!! Even if it was an automatic shift, op did not state that she put it in "park", so you can't possibly just jump that it was in "p"

1 Like

Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by willibounce1(m): 7:10pm On May 25, 2018
The car nor get hand brake abi the woman na learner?

Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by owomida1: 7:57pm On May 25, 2018
And they say we should not beat women.

The kind beating I would have given her ehn, she no go like drive car again for her life.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Daboomb: 8:02pm On May 25, 2018
MicroBox:
Could happen to anyone STUPID, BRAINLESS PEOPLE, What a terrible mistake.

What does it take to 'turn a car engine off'?..even if she is too weak to carry the baby along?
A lot of children have died, having been left it the car by their parent, to do one thing or the other.

If you are not capable of good parenting, please dont bear children!

Let her try this in America or Europe, she will never be allowed to see that child again, when she comes back from Prison.

1 Like

Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by jbtobsyn(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2018
Jasen1:
After they will blame it on devil

This pour carelessness

If I'm her husband she not gon ride a car for the next 2years
If I am her husband,i would divorce her.Such a careless lady cannot give birth to a child for me again.
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by raiszy2k(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2018
ben1daEbiri:
Couldn't agree the more with you. I still wonder how possible a car on the "P" selection will still be moving weither the engines are running or not
how do you guys reason
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by pattybf(f): 9:32pm On May 25, 2018
MrCork:

....did the son have driver licence? angry

grin
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Smarkie: 9:51pm On May 25, 2018
i just pity the people shouting village people. a mother valued what ever she is after more than the safety of her son and some ll come hear to blame the devil or village people that are on their own minding their business
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by Bigval5: 10:09pm On May 25, 2018
ben1daEbiri:
Couldn't agree the more with you. I still wonder how possible a car on the "P" selection will still be moving weither the engines are running or not

Lol okay when you release your foot from the brake pushing down the D what happens? ? Think twice bloke
Re: Mother Leaves Her 2-Year-Old Son Alone In A Car In Lagos,Then This Happens.Photo by godofuck231: 11:41pm On May 25, 2018
Let me guess she wasn't using a baby's car-sit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Young Guy Died Playing Music With Earpiece On The Road (graphic Photo) / Man In G-Wagon Gives Money To Boys Selling Firewood Ahead Of Christmas / See The Animal Caught By A Farmer In Badagry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.