Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,643 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos (35244 Views)

Heavy Rainfall Destroys Fence And Cars In Ibadan (Photos) / School And Houses Destroyed By Erosion In Anambra State (Photos) / 100 Houses Destroyed By Rain In Enugu State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 25, 2018
That was an inevitable accident. Thank GOD that no life was lost in the accident. Something that massive, dangerous and harmful to human health not just because of its shere size but as a result of radio-frequency emissions [a form of electromagnetic radiation (EMR)], are not meant to be in close proximity to residential areas. Studies have shown that even at low levels of radiation emitted by these towers, there's sufficient evidence of damage to cell tissue and DNA, and it has been linked to brain tumors, cancer, suppressed immune function, depression, miscarriage, Alzheimer's disease, and numerous other serious illnesses.

Furthermore, according to Dr. W. Löscher of the Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy of the Veterinary School of Hannover in Germany, dairy cows that were kept in close proximity to a TV and cell phone tower for two years had a reduction in milk production along with increased health problems and behavioral abnormalities. In an experiment, one cow with abnormal behavior was taken away from the antenna and the behavior subsided within five days. When the cow was brought back near the tower, the symptoms returned.

The question then becomes, despite all the health problems associated with cell phone towers, why would a community, school or other private property owners allow a cell phone tower to be placed on their grounds? The answer is very simple, Cell phone companies pay "rent" for their placement that can range anywhere from 50,000 to over 700,000 Naira a month. This can mean all the difference for an impoverished family or a community. I am of the opinion that these communities should still be skeptical that the incentives do not come close to matching the potential risk involved.

1 Like

Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by Dredgemaster(m): 10:51pm On May 25, 2018
IamPlato:

What On Earth Will Make A Mast Fall...

That Mast Must Have Been Constructed By A yoruba Engineer... Their Works Are Always Yoruba
a very big fool you are
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by uuzba(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2018
IamPlato:

That Mast Must Have Been Constructed By A yoruba Engineer... Their Works Are Always Yoruba

Na the packing.
E bend go one side.
Na im. grin
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by uuzba(m): 11:24pm On May 25, 2018
MaNyEsq:
That was an inevitable accident. Thank GOD that no life was lost in the accident. Something that massive, dangerous and harmful to human health not just because of its shere size but as a result of radio-frequency emissions [a form of electromagnetic radiation (EMR)], are not meant to be in close proximity to residential areas. Studies have shown that even at low levels of radiation emitted by these towers, there's sufficient evidence of damage to cell tissue and DNA, and it has been linked to brain tumors, cancer, suppressed immune function, depression, miscarriage, Alzheimer's disease, and numerous other serious illnesses.

Furthermore, according to Dr. W. Löscher of the Institute of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmacy of the Veterinary School of Hannover in Germany, dairy cows that were kept in close proximity to a TV and cell phone tower for two years had a reduction in milk production along with increased health problems and behavioral abnormalities. In an experiment, one cow with abnormal behavior was taken away from the antenna and the behavior subsided within five days. When the cow was brought back near the tower, the symptoms returned.

The question then becomes, despite all the health problems associated with cell phone towers, why would a community, school or other private property owners allow a cell phone tower to be placed on their grounds? The answer is very simple, Cell phone companies pay "rent" for their placement that can range anywhere from 50,000 to over 700,000 Naira a month. This can mean all the difference for an impoverished family or a community. I am of the opinion that these communities should till be skeptical that the incentives do not come close to matching the potential risk involved.

In a Nigeria this poor?
With integrity this lost...
Does anybody in this country refuse money?

1 Like

Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by AdaFonju: 1:18am On May 26, 2018
Is that a mud upstair I see
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by nigeria005(m): 1:41am On May 26, 2018
BoneBlogger:
Resident of Jattu Uzairue Etsako West local government area of Edo State - are thanking their stars after escaping what would have been a terrible mishap after a heavy rainfall early this morning by 3am. According to reports, a mast belonging to Globacom telecommunication network fell after the downpour and landed on residential houses in the area - destroying many properties in the process.

According to reports, no death was recorded in the mishap.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/houses-destroyed-as-mast-falls-on-buildings-after-heavy-rainfall-in-edo-photos.html
angry
BoneBlogger:
Resident of Jattu Uzairue Etsako West local government area of Edo State - are thanking their stars after escaping what would have been a terrible mishap after a heavy rainfall early this morning by 3am. According to reports, a mast belonging to Globacom telecommunication network fell after the downpour and landed on residential houses in the area - destroying many properties in the process.

According to reports, no death was recorded in the mishap.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/05/houses-destroyed-as-mast-falls-on-buildings-after-heavy-rainfall-in-edo-photos.html
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by Akinpelumusibau: 4:19am On May 26, 2018
IamPlato:

Am dissappointed in ur parent, your brain is full of coconut water

1 Like

Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by timibare(m): 9:38am On May 26, 2018
brown roofs dey Edo too, ehya
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 11:46am On May 26, 2018
HeyCorleone:
..✔️The kind of wind that follows rainfall in Edo state is unimaginable.

I swear, both the wind and rainfall is annoying
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by Tokotaya: 2:18pm On May 26, 2018
Nna men, the kind wind wey dey blow for this season no be small something o. A fence crashed into another building in my estate here in Lagos that same day. Na God saved my neighbours
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:34am On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

I swear, both the wind and rainfall is annoying

You're that Law girl ey?
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 7:02am On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

You're that Law girl ey?

Do you know me from somewhere
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 12:22pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

Do you know me from somewhere
Think we did Admin Law together in 200L.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 12:23pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Think we did Admin Law together in 200L.

I didnt do Admin Law, I did Customary Law.

Are you in ISD
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 12:39pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

I didnt do Admin Law, I did Customary Law.

Are you in ISD
Yuh.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 12:45pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Yuh.

Oh thats cool.

Do you know any Faith in your class?
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:03pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

Oh thats cool.

Do you know any Faith in your class?
I know lots of Faith.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 1:06pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I know lots of Faith.

You're in 300level abi?

She has big yansh and tiny waist cheesy
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:38pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

You're in 300level abi?

She has big yansh and tiny waist cheesy
I'm in 400 please.
Aren't you?
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 1:41pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I'm in 400 please.
Aren't you?

Lol, I'm in 300. cheesy.

Do you know McHarry then?
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

Lol, I'm in 300. cheesy.

Do you know McHarry then?

Of course.

Thought you was in 400 with the way I see you rolling with people.

Btw introduce me to this Faith with big yansh and small waist.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 1:52pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Of course.
Thought you was in 400 with the way I see you rolling with people.
Btw introduce me to this Faith with big yansh and small waist.

Lol, no I'm not smiley.

Where did you see me rolling with people? shocked.
No oo, I can't, she'll kill me.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

Lol, no I'm not smiley.

Where did you see me rolling with people? shocked.
No oo, I can't, she'll kill me.
I sent a mail btw.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 1:58pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

I sent a mail btw.

Upload your picture here, lemme see if I know you. tongue
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

Upload your picture here, lemme see if I know you. tongue
You can't.
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by folake4u(f): 2:12pm On May 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:

You can't.

You might be wrong smiley
Re: Houses Destroyed As Mast Falls On Buildings After Heavy Rainfall In Edo. Photos by HeyCorleone(m): 2:22pm On May 27, 2018
folake4u:

You might be wrong smiley
Lol.
Can we at least go private?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New Lagos Tenancy Law:who Does It Favour Most? The Lanlord Or The Tenant? / Genuine Schneider /ABB /Legrand /INDOASIAN/ Havells for your projects / Graphic Photos: Lady Survives Fall Into An Abandoned Soakaway Beneath Her Feet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.