Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) (21158 Views)

My Landlord And I / How Do I Evict A Mentally Unstable Tenant From My Shop? / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Hotfreeze: 9:50pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:
Hi Nairalandlers,

Pls I need your help and the help of well meaning Nigerians.

So on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos came to my shop in the afternoon and broke my shop, removed the door, stole my one hundred and seventy thousand naira and stole my goods worth over eight hundred thousand naira. This matter has been reported at the Area "G" Command, Ogba, Lagos. The police has invited the Landlord Mr Bernard Santos and including Iyalode and Iya Esther to come to the station on 25th May 2018 but they have refused to come to the station. On 24th May 2018 when we went with the police to serve them the invitation letter, the first son of the Iyalode by name Dare Santos was threatening to use charms to slap me and make me blind.

So, they didn't steal 169k or 171k, it was exactly 170k they took?

So, you didn't see anyone to speak on your behalf in that locality but the landlord has 3 people working for him?

So, the police invited them and despite they refusing invitation, the police didn't do anything to them?

So, that's the only shop in that area?

So, you don't know the way to Police State Command in Ikeja, you're now appealing to Ambode and Imohimi on Nairaland?

My dear, too many holes in your story.

11 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Ogaslopp: 9:50pm On May 25, 2018
This is a wah
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by HtwoOw: 9:50pm On May 25, 2018
This is wrong
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by shams040(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2018
Aunty please is that the only place you can get a shop within that locality?

You already know your landlord don't want you for close to a year I think you should have just decided to pack out and get a better place.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by dominique(f): 9:51pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

You are free to hear the other side by getting to see the Landlord & interview him. Let's see whether he will deny it. Let's see whether he will deny all the allegations.

You mean your landlord woke up one morning and started conspiring against you with iya this and iya that? What were the underlying issues that made him remove your wires before removing your door? You were asked to vacate his property, why do you insist on remaining there exposing yourself and your young child to danger. Anybody that reads your write-up with an unbiased mind will see that you left a lot of details out to make yourself the only victim.

9 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Pat081: 9:51pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

I'm surprised you're supporting what happened, what they did. It's a planned work by these people to frustrate me to leave his shop. I'm in pains over the loss & you're here saying negative things.
dnt answer dem again so far u knw that u re saying d true nt every body will believe u

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by gaby(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2018
Madam i'm not holding brief for your supposed tormentors per se...but there's definitely more to this case than you are sharing here, if only the other party(s) could come share theirs here..

From your narrative you've been troubled by your landlord and iya Esther and co, but you still went ahead to renew your rent on the same property a year after....haba mana

Invite your landlord and iya Esther come here na me go settle this case after I don hear from everybody

Click on my siggy to know how far

6 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by oluwadeeboi(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2018
a lot of tenants are headstrong with their landlords, we need to hear from the landlord too! and I'm sure you're having unsettled issues with the landlord.
That he stole something from your shop is probably a makeup story.

11 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 25, 2018
IgboBasthard:
Madam

You sure you have evidence to prove 170k was inside your shop? Where did that money come from? Did you withdraw it from a bank or ATM? The judge will ask you this questions in court.
If you are igbo, I will NEVER support you laye laye cause your people are experts in cheating landlords in Lagos. You commit unimaginable atrocities with somebody else's property. Show us your last receipt? A landlord will never dare to treat you the way you described if you are a paying tenant and your payment is up to date. Landlords respect tenants who respect themselves

I don't trust your story, sorry.

Just go and sit down with your rubbish opinion, how about yoruba landlord always wanting everything to be their will, they want you to always bow down for them, they want you to do eye service and when you don't buy into their ideology you become a bad tenant.

Oga take your useless opinion and shove into your ass, rubbish yoruba landlord.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by BAMMGROUP: 9:53pm On May 25, 2018
Madam go to Ministry of Justice @Alausa... alot of government paid lawyers are dere to pick up ur case without any charge..... thank me later

Imole477:
Hi Nairalandlers,

I am a hairdresser at Santos Avenue, Abule-Egba, Lagos. Since last year 2017 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos has been threatening and harassing me at my shop. He conspired with one woman they call Iyalode who is his elder brother's wife and they have been tormenting my life and business ever since then. They also conspired with one woman they call Iya Esther who is my neighbour and they cut off my electric wires last year and took the wires away and left me in darkness for many weeks last year.

Even when my Lawyer wrote them a letter to return my wires which they maliciously stole, they refused to return them. After stealing my wires, the Landlord now came and asked me to go and apologize to the person that stole my wires even when I never offended her, rather they were the ones that conspired to cut off and stole my electric wires.

This year when I wanted to pay my rent to the Landlord he refused to collect it and told me that he gave me one month to quit his shop despite I'm a yearly tenant and he never served me any official quit notice. Since then he has been bringing thugs every time to threaten me in my shop. He has been threatening me that he will deal with me.

So on Wednesday 23rd May 2018 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos came to my shop in the afternoon and broke my shop, removed the door, stole my one hundred and seventy thousand naira and stole my goods worth over eight hundred thousand naira. This matter has been reported at the Area "G" Command, Ogba, Lagos. The police has invited the Landlord Mr Bernard Santos and including Iyalode and Iya Esther to come to the station on 25th May 2018 but they have refused to come to the station. On 24th May 2018 when we went with the police to serve them the invitation letter, the first son of the Iyalode by name Dare Santos was threatening to use charms to slap me and make me blind.

My life and the life of my 2-year old baby is currently in serious danger as they keep threatening to deal with me. As I write this my shop is currently without any door as they have removed the door and went away with the door. I have pictures and evidence of everything which I have attached.

I hereby call on the Lagos State Governor, His Excellency Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and all well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid as I want justice to be done on this matter because I have suffered enough in the hands of this Landlord and the Iyalode. My life and the life of my baby is currently in danger as I've been receiving threats since that day. I want justice to be done on this matter.

Pls share this message until it gets to the Governor and the Commissioner of police. I'm not safe anymore. Pls help.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Lonestar124: 9:53pm On May 25, 2018
This one is "nairalandously" walking on her street, come across with one saloon shop she unusually patronize that was invade by thieves, snap pictures, listen to the distorting part of the information, log in to her nairaland, add more ingredients to her unclear information just to make it credible....Sister continue to lie to your elders we know your quest.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by dhebo(m): 9:54pm On May 25, 2018
you didn't still give reason why your landlord just suddenly hate you and wants to kick you out.people should try finding out the kind of landlord they will be paying to maybe he is one of those that frustrates tenants so as to take new rent from new tenants
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by clems88(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2018
Must you remain in that shop Aren't there other shop u should have relocated to ,abi they plant ur placenta their . beta weat your thinking cap and do the needful by vacating there if you lo e your life angry

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Platony(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2018
Don't be scared of wat d future holds for u outside dat shop n place. I'd sincerely advice u let go of d shop.

Wat God has in stock for u is bigger. B4 u'll knw it,..fetish stuffs wil be involved. Wisdom dey say is profitable to direct,..

My dear,..be mor concerned abt ur baby's life n ur life too to tk care of d baby. Try to gather sm money,....go n get another shop elsewhere. May God guide u. Shalom!!

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by idu1(m): 10:05pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

Planning to get another shop before this incident happened.

Your story is not adding up.

They just wake up one day start stealing your wire this this and that?

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by dominique(f): 10:06pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

I'm surprised you're supporting what happened, what they did. It's a planned work by these people to frustrate me to leave his shop. I'm in pains over the loss & you're here saying negative things.

I am even more surprised that you expect us to believe that a mid-end shop in a middle class neighbourhood has N170k cash and about N800k wares stolen. If you want us to sympathize with you, tell us the root of the matter.

5 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by millomaniac: 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
Until I hear the landlords side. I don't have anything to say. Because someone cannot just wake up and decide to start tormenting you.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IamJames: 10:07pm On May 25, 2018
Swargu:

He has investigated na, it's a lie. How would someone leave 170k inside her shop, that tactic is stale now.

Why can't she leave 170k inside her shop? The rented shop is her space which has a lock so she can leave whatever she wants in there.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by IamJames: 10:14pm On May 25, 2018
dominique:

I am even more surprised that you expect us to believe that a mid-end shop in a middle class neighbourhood has N170k cash and about N800k wares stolen. If you want us to sympathize with you, tell us the root of the matter.

Is the bold impossible?

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by ERockson: 10:18pm On May 25, 2018
If the OP is not IPOB the mod should ban me. We know your type, liar and troublemaker

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Happychildlove(f): 10:20pm On May 25, 2018
cbrass:
If we investigate well now, she may be the one at fault, its very hard to side tenants, let's hear the side of the landlord angry
wait till u meet some landlord and their wahala
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by VeniJu: 10:20pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:
Hi Nairalandlers,

I am a hairdresser at Santos Avenue, Abule-Egba, Lagos. Since last year 2017 my Landlord Mr Bernard Adekunle Santos has been threatening and harassing me at my shop. He conspired with one woman they call Iyalode who is his elder brother's wife and they have been tormenting my life and business ever since then. They also conspired with one woman they call Iya Esther who is my neighbour and they cut off my electric wires last year and took the wires away and left me in darkness for many weeks last year.

Even when my Lawyer wrote them a letter to return my wires which they maliciously stole, they refused to return them. After stealing my wires, the Landlord now came and asked me to go and apologize to the person that stole my wires even when I never offended her, rather they were the ones that conspired to cut off and stole my electric wires.

This year when I wanted to pay my rent to the Landlord he refused to collect it and told me that he gave me one month to quit his shop despite I'm a yearly tenant and he never served me any official quit notice. Since then he has been bringing thugs every time to threaten me in my shop. He has been threatening me that he will deal with me.

My life and the life of my 2-year old baby is currently in serious danger as they keep threatening to deal with me. As I write this my shop is currently without any door as they have removed the door and went away with the door. I have pictures and evidence of everything which I have attached.

I hereby call on the Lagos State Governor, His Excellency Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police and all well meaning Nigerians to come to my aid as I want justice to be done on this matter because I have suffered enough in the hands of this Landlord and the Iyalode. My life and the life of my baby is currently in danger as I've been receiving threats since that day. I want justice to be done on this matter.

Pls share this message until it gets to the Governor and the Commissioner of police. I'm not safe anymore. Pls help.

send me a message on whatsapp
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by dominique(f): 10:25pm On May 25, 2018
cbrass:

Thank you my sister, an hair dresser like this woman locked our shop for almost a year without paying and she refused to come pack her things.

If I begin to explain what tenants have put my parents through over the years, my fingers will fall off from typing. Because of those tenants, I have decided never to build a property for rent. God willing, any property I acquire will be for my personal use only. Behind every crazy landlord, there is a tenant (or a bunch of tenants) who made him that way.

IamJames:

Is the bold impossible?

Not impossible but highly unlikely in this scenario

7 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Imole477(f): 10:25pm On May 25, 2018
Waaaao! I can't believe some people are doubting what happened to me on Wednesday. Is that how some people can doubt?

But I gave the address, why can't u go & investigate?

Somebody also asked why police invited him & did nothing after he didn't come. Well for your information, if you read my post very well, he was invited today 25th, he didn't come, so by Monday he will be invited again, if he didn't come he'll be arrested. Stop doubting. He and his people are still threatening me that's why I came here for help.
Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by HRich(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

Yes there are witnesses, my neighbours and a young girl who is a shop attendant because I was not in the shop when it happened and the little girl had to run for her life because of the threatening way they came with those thugs. So don't say what you don't know.

You must be a trouble tenant with the way your month is running here,!! I pity the Landlord, he must have gone through hell with you!!

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by ERockson: 10:35pm On May 25, 2018
If your Landlord later pay for what he did not steal from ur shop, You too should be ready to bear the consequence of your lies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by cbrass(m): 10:36pm On May 25, 2018
Happychildlove:
wait till u meet some landlord and their wahala
I am also a Tenant somewhere ok? / when I collected the house u need to see so many questions the ma asked me, he even phoned my dad and my boss. I was wondering why he was doing all that not until he told me just a little what some guys did to him. He said its my cool looks that convinced him to give me the house. So many tenants are crazy, we have tenants too in my dads house, and I know the problem my dad has faced, if u look closely most wild landlords were made by terrible tenants

4 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by phadat(m): 10:37pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:
Waaaao! I can't believe some people are doubting what happened to me on Wednesday. Is that how some people can doubt?

Somebody also asked why police invited him & did nothing after he didn't come. Well for your information, if you read my post very well, he was invited today 25th, he didn't come, so by Monday he will be invited again, if he didn't come he'll be arrested. Stop doubting. He and his people are still threatening me that's why I came here for help.
I think you should leave the place ASAP and as to the money and wares carted away your lawyer knows what to do but for now LEAVE that space, when you are good no one can take that away from you,your customers will still come looking for you when you relocate.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by HRich(m): 10:42pm On May 25, 2018
Hotfreeze:

So, they didn't steal 169k or 171k, it was exactly 170k they took?

So, you didn't see anyone to speak on your behalf in that locality but the landlord has 3 people working for him?

So, the police invited them and despite they refusing invitation, the police didn't do anything to them?

So, that's the only shop in that area?

So, you don't know the way to Police State Command in Ikeja, you're now appealing to Ambode and Imohimi on Nairaland?

My dear, too many holes in your story.

You didn't see the part that says GOOD WORTH EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND NAIRA

3 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On May 25, 2018
Imole477:

what really happened that made the landlord and his people to start tormenting you? Cos I believe no one would wake up one day to start brewing hate to another for no reason. I know it's possible the landlord is a dick but something must have happened. Kindly tell please.

2 Likes

Re: Pls Help: Breaking Of My Shop & Stealing Of My Property By My Landlord (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 25, 2018
If I talk now, OYB will say I haf come again grin

"A castle doctrine, also known as a castle law or a defense of habitation law, is a legal doctrine that designates a person's abode or any legally occupied place (for example, a vehicle or home) as a place in which that person has protections and immunities permitting one, in certain circumstances, to use force (up to and including deadly force) to defend oneself against an intruder, free from legal prosecution for the consequences of the force used.[1] The term is most commonly used in the United States, though many other countries[which?] invoke comparable principles in their laws.

A person may have a duty to retreat to avoid violence if one can reasonably do so. Castle doctrines negate the duty to retreat when an individual is assaulted in a place where that individual has a right to be, such as within one's own home. Deadly force may be justified and a defense of justifiable homicide applicable, in cases "when the actor reasonably fears imminent peril of death or serious bodily harm to him or herself or another".[1] The castle doctrine is not a defined law that can be invoked, but a set of principles which may be incorporated in some form in the law of many jurisdictions."

That'll be one dead ex Landlord.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bungalow House Design / My House Hunt Experience In Lagos / Woman Whose House Was Gutted By Fire In Owerri: M Husband Was Asleep In The Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.