Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,793 members, 7,802,523 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Bonds Investors Hub - Investment (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Bonds Investors Hub (51216 Views)

Nigeria Bonds Rise After Tinubu Subsidy Removal / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? / Nigeria Bonds Rise After Buhari Presidential Election Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by dipoolowoo: 12:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by beyolah: 6:49am On Jun 06, 2018
FGN Savings Bond for June 2018

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Phyde: 3:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
Good day greatmen, please what will be my return after 5 years of 1.5m input on this bond thing?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by awesomeJ(m): 7:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Phyde:
Good day greatmen, please what will be my return after 5 years of 1.5m input on this bond thing?
Let's say you get a yield of 14%. You'll be getting 105k every six months for the next 5 years.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Phyde: 1:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

Let's say you get a yield of 14%. You'll be getting 105k every six months for the next 5 years.
Thanks sir.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 10:37am On Jun 18, 2018
C &I leasing is offering a 5 year bond with a yield of a little above 16% . If you do corporate bonds , you can look at this.

2 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by engrken2(m): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
If one invest 1,000,000 Wat is the annual interest
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by eromosele1986: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
spenca:
C &I leasing is offering a 5 year bond with a yield of a little above 16% . If you do corporate bonds , you can look at this.

Pls elaborate on this c & i , is it a financial house? One hv to be sure of where is investing is money.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 7:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
eromosele1986:

Pls elaborate on this c & i , is it a financial house? One hv to be sure of where is investing is money.

They are quoted on the NSE however do your due diligence.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by beyolah: 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hello investors
I was going through CSCS daily listing and saw this quote

Symbol. Security. Opening price Closing price

FGS2019S2 12.794% FGS APR 2019 90.00 90.00.

1) Is this a FGN savings bond or FGN bond?
2) Would it mature, or the tenor end by April 2019
3) With the quoted price, can I assume that the original price was N100 but it's now being sold at a discount?
4) If 3 is yes, assuming I buy 10 units now, when it matures, would I be getting N1000 rather than N900?

Thank you.
Cc
awesomeJ
dipoolowoo
Liljel
ahiboilandgas
ImperialCovfefe
spenca
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ImperialCovfefe: 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2018
beyolah:
Hello investors

3) With the quoted price, can I assume that the original price was N100 but it's now being sold at a discount?
4) If 3 is yes, assuming I buy 10 units now, when it matures, would I be getting N1000 rather than N900?

Thank you

1) FGN savings bond series 2.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) You would get the full face value corresponding to the units bought. But please remember that there is a clean and dirty price for bonds - you would have to pay the seller the accrued coupon uptil that point. You can search it up.

Also note that the secondary market liquidity is thin. So it may take some time to get the necessary units required.

Regards, bro.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by beyolah: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

1) FGN savings bond series 2.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

4) You would get the full face value corresponding to the units bought. But please remember that there is a clean and dirty price for bonds - you would have to pay the seller the accrued coupon uptil that point. You can search it up.

Also note that the secondary market liquidity is thin. So it may take some time to get the necessary units required.

Regards, bro.

Thank you for the prompt response
I don't understand paying the seller the accrued coupon.
I assumed I would buy through my stockbroker since it's listed on NSE (meaning I won't have anything to do with the seller)
Is this assumption wrong?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ImperialCovfefe: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
beyolah:

Thank you for the prompt response
I don't understand paying the seller the accrued coupon.
I assumed I would buy through my stockbroker since it's listed on NSE (meaning I won't have anything to do with the seller)
Is this assumption wrong?

It just means you would pay a little bit more than the quoted price.

You can seek clarification from your stockbroker and/or read here: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dirtyprice.asp

2 Likes

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 6:18am On Jun 20, 2018
beyolah:
Hello investors

Thank you.
Cc
awesomeJ
dipoolowoo
Liljel
ahiboilandgas
ImperialCovfefe
spenca

Hello fam , the quoted price is what you pay for the bond , either a discount price or premium depending on what you find. You pay the exact price that is quoted and you have no business paying any accrued interest. If the quoted price is 90 then you pay 90 per unit of 100 per value for the total number of units you need. At maturity you get 100 per values of a unit of the FGS. So if you buy at a discounted price of 90 today at time maturity you get a 100 per value and of course your coupon as at when due.

What savings bond are you looking for and how many units do you intend on acquiring ?

1 Like

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 6:23am On Jun 20, 2018
ImperialCovfefe:

It just means you would pay a little bit more than the quoted price.

You can seek clarification from your stockbroker and/or read here: https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/dirtyprice.asp

The bond seller is giving up his right to coupon so why will a buyer pay him for the coupon ? The coupon has its intrinsic value embedded in the bond already.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by engrken2(m): 8:45am On Jun 20, 2018
Oga break 1m worth of investment for me on this.. Regards
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by beyolah: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
spenca:

Hello fam , the quoted price is what you pay for the bond , either a discount price or premium depending on what you find. You pay the exact price that is quoted and you have no business paying any accrued interest. If the quoted price is 90 then you pay 90 per unit of 100 per value for the total number of units you need. At maturity you get 100 per values of a unit of the FGS. So if you buy at a discounted price of 90 today at time maturity you get a 100 per value and of course your coupon as at when due.

What savings bond are you looking for and how many units do you intend on acquiring ?

Thank you for the reply.
I asked the questions to understand the quote and it's implications better.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Ifelove1(m): 8:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hello house.
When a bond is listed on the NSE like the FGN savings bond listed above, can an individual only purchase a number of units or all units have to be bought by the same person?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by beyolah: 8:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
Ifelove1:
Hello house.
When a bond is listed on the NSE like the FGN savings bond listed above, can an individual only purchase a number of units or all units have to be bought by the same person?

With the little I know, I feel that like shares, an individual can buy according to his/her purchasing power.

The gurus in the house should please correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Trippledots(m): 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Oh boy, i may need to start reading this thread from page 1 oh. While that is going on, what investment can one do with #1m and get daily yields for compounding purposes. Or which investment does daily compunding Pls?

Thanks while i go and start digesting this thread.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
Trippledots:
Oh boy, i may need to start reading this thread from page 1 oh. While that is going on, what investment can one do with #1m and get daily yields for compounding purposes. Or which investment does daily compunding Pls?

Thanks while i go and start digesting this thread.
you want compounding?
Check this out and thank me later
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Trippledots(m): 7:06am On Aug 08, 2018
4601CE:
you want compounding?
Check this out and thank me later
https://www.nairaland.com/1912965/mutual-funds

Ok bros... Thanks. The thread long sha... Do I start it from the beginning?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2018
Trippledots:

Ok bros... Thanks. The thread long sha... Do I start it from the beginning?
Sure grin
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2018
beyolah:
Hello investors

Thank you.
Cc
awesomeJ
dipoolowoo
Liljel
ahiboilandgas
ImperialCovfefe
spenca

Can I buy FGN Bond from via my stockbroker?
Or from my bank ?
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2018
4601CE:

Or from my bank ?

Am very sure of your stockbroker but not sure of your bank
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by spenca: 8:48am On Oct 30, 2018
4601CE:

Or from my bank ?

Your stockbroker can help you get it
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by JustBasic: 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am interested in purchasing some units of the "5.625% US$500M JUN 2022 Diaspora bond" listed on the DMO website. Most of stockbroking firms I have contacted so far insisted on $100k entry. Do you guys know any investment house that accept $50k and quite reputable?

Thanks for your response.

P.S. I am not in Nigeria, I don't know if that makes any difference.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2018
JustBasic:
Hi everyone,

I am interested in purchasing some units of the "5.625% US$500M JUN 2022 Diaspora bond" listed on the DMO website. Most of stockbroking firms I have contacted so far insisted on $100k entry. Do you guys know any investment house that accept $50k and quite reputable?

Thanks for your response.

P.S. I am not in Nigeria, I don't know if that makes any difference.

send me a PM,

i can help you.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by confluence: 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2018
Please enie, I need to talk to you just sms, me
ernie4life:

send me a PM,

i can help you.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by Jonadull: 6:49pm On Dec 12, 2018
SOVEREIGN SUKUK OFFER FOR SUBSCRIPTION
N100,000,000,000. 7-YEAR IJARAH SUKUK DUE 2025

Opening date:December 6 ,2018
Closing date:December 17,2018
Settlement date:December28 ,2018

Instrument type:Ijarah (Lease) Sukuk
Issuer:FGN Roads Sukuk company 1 plc .
On behalf of the federal Government of Nigeria.
Units of sale: N1000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N10,000 and in multiples of N1000 thereafter ...
[url]Dmo.gov.ng[/url]

Re: Bonds Investors Hub by berry5: 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

As an investor, you can invest here and start making a good daily living incomes money from this great legit website company http://www.virtatrade.com/index.php where you can make big source of incomes from the comfort of your home without trading risk.

This how this company work, You buy your virta stock from this modern company at the current market price and sell when the price value of a virta stock rise up to make your instant profit with them.

This modern company does not involve risk trading where traders need to trade with either to loss or gain.

All you do is to sell your virta stock and make your instant profits.

I make good daily incomes from this company platform as my extra source of incomes to my bitcoin wallet. every day.

Visit and register with the company here http://www.virtatrade.com/index.php and test their trading platform with just one dollar to earn your first profit from their market to see how great their trading platform work.
Re: Bonds Investors Hub by ernie4life(m): 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
Jonathan:
SOVEREIGN SUKUK OFFER FOR SUBSCRIPTION
N100,000,000,000. 7-YEAR IJARAH SUKUK DUE 2025

Opening date:December 6 ,2018
Closing date:December 17,2018
Settlement date:December28 ,2018

Instrument type:Ijarah (Lease) Sukuk
Issuer:FGN Roads Sukuk company 1 plc .
On behalf of the federal Government of Nigeria.
Units of sale: N1000 per unit subject to a minimum subscription of N10,000 and in multiples of N1000 thereafter ...
[url]Dmo.gov.ng[/url]

the previous one they sold, lots of people complained of not getting their coupon on time.
why should i lock up my funds for that long at ordinary 15% when treasury bills are most likely to get there soon,
doesn't look like smart investment to me.
Good luck to those buying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Who Has Been Matched For Payment By MMM / South African Lawmakers Worried About What Could Happen To Shoprite, Stanbic etc / NAIRALANDERS: Be Careful Of Where You Invest Your Money On This Platform.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.