Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? (416 Views)

What Does Cheating Really Mean In A Relationship?? / RELATIONSHIP TALK!! What Killed Your Feelings For Someone You Were Once Madly In / Trending Today: 50 Cent Trolls Jada Smiths Relationship Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? by Jonifech: 12:15am On May 26, 2018

Is it ever wise for cheating to ever be pardoned under any circumstance or for any reason?

In a general sense, cheating has been said to involve relating with others in such a manner that leaves your partner betrayed and feeling some type of way.
Cheating is quite difficult to define in an all-encompassing theory because it is controlled by emotions and not logic.

So obviously, what is seen as cheating varies from person to person and reaction to it is just as different.

Seeing a partner with another woman at a restaurant could be seen as cheating to one person.

For another person, that partner needs to be caught embracing or kissing that woman before it will be classified as cheating.

Regardless of differences, we can all agree that cheating can be found in the following acts: spending too much time with another person, calling a particular phone number too often and for too long, sexting, exchanging nudes, sex, lewd chats online, denying marital or relationship status, buying intimate gifts [underwear, lingerie] for another person, being close friends with members of the opposite sex, etc.

Having established some of the most common things that people see as cheating, the question now is, when does cheating become unacceptable?

At what point does it become ‘justifiable’ to dump a partner who has been caught doing something you regard as cheating.

Is it as soon as the cheater is caught, or only when it is reported to you? Or do you have to see it for yourself before you reach a breaking point?

Does cheating become unacceptable when a partner cheats once, or after they do the same thing over and over again?

While many people will be quick to say they will leave anyone who cheats on them even once, is it actually sensible to leave someone who cheats and sorely regrets it, promising to never do it again
Wouldn't it be better to to give them another chance?

In season two, episode five of Issa Rae's "Insecure," Molly discovers that her father had cheated on her mum and instead of dumping him as she should, her mum remained in the marriage and was even all happy and glowing on their 35th wedding anniversary. [It was at the ceremony she found out, actually]

Her mum's reason? Her husband had made her happy more than he had hurt her!

Now this is not to say everyone who cheats should be pardoned. But it's just a pointer at some of the mitigating factors that real life people sometimes consider before allowing cheating end their marriages and long-term relationships.

Different strokes for different folks, so the answers to the question will surely differ from person to person.

Regardless of the choices though, it is clear that choosing to remain in a marriage or relationship where one person has cheated is subjective to the circumstances surrounding each case, and how tolerant and forgiving the cheated partners are.

SEE MORE RELATED POSTS ON JONINET CHANNEL
Re: Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:21am On May 26, 2018
Cheating is Never and ever acceptable
Re: Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? by Nobody: 12:38am On May 26, 2018
embarassed

And you expect one to read it all

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? by SoapQueen(f): 2:06am On May 26, 2018
Immediately it happens the first time.

Molly of Issa Rae's "Insecure" was also a cheat. Remember Issa's boyfriend couldn't bring himself to forgive her when she cheated on him..(When is this movie's season 3 or so getting released? Gangsta!)

1 Like

Re: Relationship Talk: When Does Cheating Become Unacceptable? by Danny110(m): 7:27am On May 26, 2018
Cheating to me has to be to an extent before I leave my girlfriend....... if I suspect something fishy , I'll ask her t explain first after dat I'll keep a close eye.if she changes,good,bt if she continues with dsame person den I'll investigate myself, meanwhile I will only leave her wen I find solid proof or if her behavior towards me changes..... once she still shows me d love n care n attention, Bleep wot ppl say,but I'll b vigilante compiling information till its big enough bf I strike....a girl might b wit many but still love u above dem...she might to tins wit dem....tin dat will make u leave her if u find out but she'll always cover her tracks well so u wunt find out...
As for d question I'll keep accepting until after d third time......more worse if it's dsame person.........

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter Seeking Same-sex Marriage / Rape In Marriages Doesn’t Exist, Men On Facebook Stated (check Out replies) / How To Make The Right Choice In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.