Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work (5639 Views)

Remarks By PMB At The Commissioning Of MMIA New Terminal / PMB At ICC: Proud To Be Nigerian By Femi Adesina / #PMBAtWork: 2nd Niger Bridge Roars To Life( Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by sarrki(m): 2:56am On May 26, 2018
[BREAKING] AJAOKUTA ROARS TO LIFE AFTER 40 YEARS!

Sole administrator, Engr. Sumaila Abdul-Akaba, leads other engineers at AJAOKUTA STEEL PLANT to power up the engines that have been inactive for years!

�Sai Baba! Thank you President Buhari for making this happen.

Oun re ooo, here it is... ��

(Moderstor edit) Video here: https://twitter.com/APCUKingdom/status/1000131182867165184

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by nairavsdollars(f): 3:02am On May 26, 2018
What about the refineries?

4 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by hisgrace090: 3:08am On May 26, 2018
If this is true I personally will put on my dancing shoe for a dance of appreciation.

The way politics destroys every functional project in Nigeria is uncalled for.

Let me hold my "sai baba" until I confirm it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by hisgrace090: 3:10am On May 26, 2018
nairavsdollars:

Pls don't rush things after all it has been there like that for long due to our crazy lifestyle.

Let follow it one after another.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Ikpewe: 3:13am On May 26, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Ungrateful Nigerian lazy youth. What you should have asked was "where are the billions of dollars obj and gej pumped into the company"

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by tit(f): 3:15am On May 26, 2018
what are they producing ?
yahoo yahoo government

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Achuwa1(m): 3:23am On May 26, 2018
U snap a photo of panel & post here with tht funny caption.
Anyway,we might have believed 'change' then coz we never knew your Baba was coming to inflict us with hunger & poverty by rendering us jobless but we won't swallow this ajaokuta lies coz our eyes have opened.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by teemanbastos(m): 3:27am On May 26, 2018
But Honestly, the Buhari's government is doing well in infrastructural development.
Nigeria is getting back on track.

If we can really minimize corruption and embezzlement, in 10 years.. This country will be really amazing.

God bless Nigeria! A better Nigeria favors ALL.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Achuwa1(m): 3:29am On May 26, 2018
Buhari is no longer marketable coz he wasted 3 good year with nothing to show for it & borrowed 11trillion thereby plunging into recession tht we are yet to recover from

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by deji17: 3:32am On May 26, 2018
Achuwa1:
U snap a photo of panel & post here with tht funny caption.
Anyway,we might have believed 'change' then coz we never knew your Baba was coming to inflict us with hunger & poverty by rendering us jobless but we won't swallow this ajaokuta lies coz our eyes have opened.

Click the link below, you will see video of some of the equipment working... though looks rusty.

https://twitter.com/APCUKingdom/status/1000131182867165184

3 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by vedaxcool(m): 3:33am On May 26, 2018
PMB is working, hating him won't stop this great heights

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by limeta(f): 3:49am On May 26, 2018
Na show glass be this
Working how
Push to start or what
After election then what

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:32am On May 26, 2018
lies and absolute lies... I was in this same room in 2012 as a geology student on research.. those are the power stations control boards on the coast line of river Benue... the power station were built by Russians under IBB regime... the station powered the whole steel complex and ajaokuta community.. I was opportuned to enter the underground tunnel below the river like 40 metres deep and all I saw then made me concluded that we are a wasteful country and unserious to grow and develop..
who dash monkey banana that the mines are functioning... I can't understand the propaganda this APC govt feeds these gullible folks...

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by new2012: 4:39am On May 26, 2018
Liesssss!!

I'm at Ajaokuta and those few obsolete machines have been working since Obasanjo, they test run them often, but not truly live.

APC are bunch of ret.arded liars

26 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Nobody: 4:40am On May 26, 2018
Wake us up after MAY 29...
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Mikeross62: 4:42am On May 26, 2018
OK good
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by omowolewa: 6:39am On May 26, 2018
You mean Buhari bought the Engine or they simply ignite it to work?

Ajaokuta Steel Rolling Co has always been used for political games of mind. The only government sincere to that project was Shagari.

The Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited was incorporated in 1979, and the steel mill reached 98% completion in 1994 (Wiki). All PMB needs is to get it to start producing and not test run the engines. He need to get the railways up and running from Ajaokuta to Itakpe to the Atlantic thorough Warri
for supplies of raw materials and exports.

Tell me why Fayemi isn't the one championing the project and its publicity? Is it not for lack of policy interest? You shouting Oun re! like Okoro vendor

5 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by HtwoOw: 6:47am On May 26, 2018
I thought Aliens needed to work here to make it come back to life ??
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by CodeTemplar: 6:53am On May 26, 2018
Nope.
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by jchioma: 6:54am On May 26, 2018
omowolewa:
You mean Buhari bought the Engine or they simply ignite it to work?

Ajaokuta Steel Rolling Co has always been used for political games of mind. The only government sincere to that project is Shagari.

You neva know this APC people? They will do anything to reinforce their failure of a fossil president. They are looking for what to campaign with after 3 years in power.This was how we discovered that the 2nd Niger bridge main contract despite using it to campaign for 2019, has not been awarded yet.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by musa234(m): 7:36am On May 26, 2018
The federal government once said that they can't fix the steel company and that was this year, so how come all of a sudden we see pictures of it being fixed and some persons are believing this obvious lies and propaganda.. I once loved Apc government, but I keep hating them the more for the excessive lies and propagandas, they churn out daily just to prove that buhari is working

8 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Rigel95(m): 7:41am On May 26, 2018
These APC folks seem to have a dirth of achievements, such that any news at all is greeted with gloating and merrymaking on their part.

Those machines are fired up regularly to keep them functional.

Those engines should be the ones to be praised for working despite age and low maintenance, not Buhari that is maintained by our commonwealth but still cannot perform at anything.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by hardywaltz(m): 7:45am On May 26, 2018
emmanuelpopson:
lies and absolute lies... I was in this same room in 2012 as a geology student on research.. those are the power stations control boards on the coast line of river Benue... the power station were built by Russians under IBB regime... the station powered the whole steel complex and ajaokuta community.. I was opportuned to enter the underground tunnel below the river like 40 metres deep and all I saw then made me concluded that we are a wasteful country and unserious to grow and develop..
who dash monkey banana that the mines are functioning... I can't understand the propaganda this APC govt feeds these gullible folks...
Good news gives u heart burn

4 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by aolawale025: 8:01am On May 26, 2018
Ask yourselves this. Why are they not showing the production line

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by plaetton: 8:03am On May 26, 2018
sarrki:
[BREAKING] AJAOKUTA ROARS TO LIFE AFTER 40 YEARS!

Sole administrator, Engr. Sumaila Abdul-Akaba, leads other engineers at AJAOKUTA STEEL PLANT to power up the engines that have been inactive for years!

�Sai Baba! Thank you President Buhari for making this happen.

Oun re ooo, here it is... ��

(Moderstor edit) Video here: https://twitter.com/APCUKingdom/status/1000131182867165184
Resurrecting a dinosaur is the gigantic mistake Nigerians made in 2015, and whose consequences everyone is still suffering.
Now, the dinosaur is trying to resurrect yet another Extinct dinosaur to once again drain our national resources.

The Ajeokuta Steel is the biggest white white elephant project in the history of the world.
For almost 40 solid years, at the minimum $10b wasted, local and foreign debts invited. Yet not a single steel rollout.

Now, the administration that is the personification of Nepotism, corruption and incompetence wants to resurrect a 40 yr old obselete steel complex in the 21st century.
Performing the same act over and over again while expecting a different outcome is the clinical definition of Insanity.

First of all, steel production is an industry of a bygone era. It is globally competitive that Most countries, even industrialized nations have given up the industry because only few countries have been able to adopt the technological efficiencies needed to produce steel profitably. Even in USA, the most technologically advanced nation, the nation's only major steel producer is on life support , requiring the government's imposition of huge tarrifs on imported steel as it's only hope of survival.

Secondly, the era of government ownership of important industries is long long over. Of course, we forget that our president is a man that time forgot, still stuck in 1978 mental time loop.
In Nigeria we have a federal government that has never been good at anything.

In Nigeria, we are cursed with successive governments that could not and still cannot run a refinery, couldn't run a petrochemical complex, couldn't run an airline, couldn't run a rail line, couldn't run a shipping line, couldn't run a car assembly plant, Can't run a coal mine, couldn't run an Aluminum smeltering plant, can't run airports, can't run a police force, can't protect the citizens from daily massacres, can't even give a citizen a driver's licence within one whole year.

This same federal government wants to revive and run a 40yr old steel complex (that already swallowed more than $10b over the past 40yrs) in this 21st century ? shocked
I can't stop laughing.

One doesn't need to be a prophet to be able to see where this is heading, the mathematically precise inevitable catastrophe that lies in front of this misadventure.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by ba7man(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2018
Igbos and PDP fans won't like this news. sad sad sad

Some are already dying inside above me and more will follow below.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Ejanla07: 8:14am On May 26, 2018
lies from the pit of APC.

ajaokuta is under contest. the issue ve not been resolved. its even an international problem.

dont think people re not following the development.

bmc sarrki and co. dont even go thr

5 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by slick1(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2018
Never have any serious relationship with an Afonja.

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by plaetton: 8:23am On May 26, 2018
ba7man:
Igbos and PDP fans won't like this news. sad sad sad

Some are already dying inside above me and more will follow below.
I assume that you're just about 9yrs old, just able to read and write, but still incapable of critical thinking.

Try this mental exercise , and see if it can provide some mental clarity for you.

NEPOTISTIC government
+ incompetent president stuck in a 19th century mental time loop
+ 40yr old OBSOLETE Steel Complex with no technological efficiencies
+ $10b wasted in 40yrs
+ fiercely competitive industry
+ 21st century global market realities

= Another Avoidable Waste Of Resources and Disasters Just Waiting To Happen.

2 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Ejanla07: 8:27am On May 26, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

u dey mind dem

6 Likes

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years Pics...pmb At Work by Akanapiaigwe: 8:30am On May 26, 2018
grin
just like they awarded 30 km fake second Niger bridge
Buhari and his useless goons are grasping on the last straw to have something to show
but we the majority knows their antiques
very useless and worthless government in the world
cc
CilicMarin madridguy sarrki passingshot

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Farmers Cry Out As 50 Trucks Of Onions ROT after Embargo to South / African Militaries Led By Nigeria Ready To Act In Ivory Coast Standoff / Akwa Ibom People Show Strong Support For Nnamdi Kanu As They Await His Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.