Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (63270 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Kunmzie: 9:34am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

It seems you have problem with comprehension.

The memo is against men wearing 'Taliban beards'. Do you sincerely think that a man with Taliban beards is really modest? RCCG has not banned wearing beards entirely as long as it is well trimmed.

Not allowing the Bridesmaids to continue wearing seductive dresses is also a good way to go.

Again, RCCG is trying to restore some sanity in the Church.
Nonsense, can dy do dat in dir foreign branches, Nope i imagine, hypocrisy of the highest order.

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by skolobo: 9:36am On May 27, 2018
that time there was nothing like saloon or clipper even scissors never dey exist
Earthbound:
Even Jesus wore long beards.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Benekruku(m): 9:37am On May 27, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
you must be silly. You way sabi express yourself you no no say question mark day come after questions?

Sigh.

Now I know your type.

A stack illiterate who unfortunately had access to the internet

4 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Jemi7: 9:37am On May 27, 2018
skales67:

Are you Jesus?

Are we not meant to be like Jesus? Define Christianity

5 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by brookz: 9:38am On May 27, 2018
E don B for wuna

#TeamBreadGang.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by enimooko: 9:44am On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:
Hairyrapunzel:
Bitter jw.
salvation101:
Lying jw
johnw47:
false jw
DonBenny77:
Lie lie
Liliyann:
JW too late!!
danvon:
Just sick Jw
danvon:
defrauded pentecostal jw
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 9:44am On May 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Leviticus 19:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard

Sanity indeed

That command was made to a certain tribe in Israel.

You are not under that command.

So please stop trying to sound righteous.....
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 9:45am On May 27, 2018
Quality20:
there is nothing like Taliban like beard

Look up Google...
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Junior66(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2018
stifej:
Some are just wolves in sheep's clothing
RCCG don turn to secret cult abi?

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Junior66(m): 9:46am On May 27, 2018
asuustrike2009:

May God richly bless you for this. It is absurd so this make front page in the first place
What are you saying oga? Is your church a cult?

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 9:46am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

The memo is against men wearing 'Taliban beards'. Do you sincerely think that a man with Taliban beards is really modest? RCCG has not banned wearing beards entirely as long as it is well trimmed.

Not allowing the Bridesmaids to continue wearing seductive dresses is also a good way to go.

you, your pastor , and the six people that liked your trash are mad

3 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Vacora(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2018
Compare “ He has a beard “ with “ He has beards ”

Stop the ‘beards’ nonsense on Nairaland. Annoying as f*%# angry

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Tunagee(m): 9:49am On May 27, 2018
Jesutomisin:

http://naijachurchnews.com/32333-2/

Redeem don get too many members, hence all these new rules. Very soon they will bring another rule on expected minimum offering and tithe.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2018
TwentyOnePilots:
Had my wedding at RCCG. Was told to go for medicals and all that, especially HIV Test. Wifey was asked to bring her gown and that of her maid. Doctors came in to do pregnancy test. Got tired at a point but hey what can I do. But then i had this funny looking Adolf Hitler moustache and not long beard. The officiating minister kept starring at my face grin. That was 5 years ago...

lol.

the funny looking Adolf Hitler moustache part got me laughing really hard.

I tried keeping same sometime ago but had to trim it after some days because some of it kept causing me some discomfort especially at the entrance of my nose.

Do you still have it on you?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by ifymadu: 9:50am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

Blind followers
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by BabaRamota1980: 9:50am On May 27, 2018
Ahh, I will wait to hear what MURIC's Prof Ishaq Akintola has to say on this one before I comment. Wahala dey o! grin
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Junior66(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

That command was made to a certain tribe in Israel.

You are not under that command.

So please stop trying to sound righteous.....
Same way tithes was meant to be paid by 11 tribes of Israel but you still pay it even though you are not related to any Jewish tribe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 9:52am On May 27, 2018
Encyclopedia1:

Mr. Stupid. Can you pls define Taliban Beard? Cos the person that even wrote the memo should have tot it right before doing so. Jesus had very long beards so think before u tell me Taliban are with long beards.

Are you Jesus?

Stop being a lazy brat and look up the meaning of "Taliban beard".
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Deltayankeeboi: 9:53am On May 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
[s]
Leviticus 19:27 New International Version (NIV)
27 “‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard

I agree the Bible is an insane book, good thing redeemed are going against it [/s]
stop using the bible as a link for your baseless and pointless atheism.

better go find something positive to do with your life than to be jumping on every christian thread on nairaland fooling yourself that you are an atheist.

your mates are seeking ways to benefit humanity and you are always on nairaland refreshing the section waiting for another christian thread so you can jump in and bark like a dog that just lost its tail.

mr man if you like bark from now till infinity that jesus does not exist, it will never change anything in the christian world. you remain invisible and insignificant to be an atheist. go find something better to do with your life and stop wasting away on nairaland
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by RedboneSmith(m): 9:53am On May 27, 2018
skolobo:
that time there was nothing like saloon or clipper even scissors never dey exist

So how did the men mentioned in Jeremiah 41:5 shave their beards? They used hair removal cream?

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by vikkiedee: 9:53am On May 27, 2018
Waiting for Daddy Freeze's comment/Response on this....... grin
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by mynamewilfred(m): 9:54am On May 27, 2018
What is Taliban beard?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kolawoleibukun2: 9:54am On May 27, 2018
haha olodo way no no how to punctuate
Benekruku:

Sigh.
Now I know your type.
A stack illiterate who unfortunately had access to the internet
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Macon1212: 9:54am On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

When and where do you see Jesus wearing beard? Jesus in movies is different from the real Jesus.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:
They there and be deceiving ursef thinking Christians follow Jesus

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by tejiritex(m): 9:58am On May 27, 2018
MightySparrow:
These RCCG members on nairaland are foolish especially those post memos and information meant for their church on blogs and media. Every organization has policies and secrets. These ones will even post official letters of their church on blogs. To achieve what purpose?

Church and secrets?

Im sorry for ur kind
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2018
uboma:

Can you show us any groomsmen with a Taliban beards in church b4
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Siki355(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2018
[quote author=Earthbound post=67895007]Even Jesus wore long beards. [/quote
how did you know..
where did you see him
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by MicroBox: 10:01am On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:
Abi ooo!
Hypocracy and ignorance
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
arrant nonsense!!!!! Now u listen attentively...As a matter of sincerity this and many other ludicrous comments from that church only signifies that the church is in a world and category of its own..Not conforming with the doctrines and teachings of God/Jesus.

If you can quote the Bible verse which forbids long beards i will 4eva be grateful and apologize to u for my ignorance other than this i suggest u apologize for defending rubbish and ridiculous imposition..

U see churches and political parties in Nigeria have the same modus operandi...They manipulate to control systematically and make their followers /sheeples hooked on them like narcotics..

If u know then u know,and then u will be free!

Tell me, does wearing long beards make one look modest?

Common sense is not common after all....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Marriage Conditions For RCCG Members, House Of David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.