Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) (63243 Views)

Jehovah's Witnesses Can Now Wear Beard / Best Man Chased Out Of Wedding Ceremony At RCCG Aba For Having Full Beard / Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
explicite:

Firstly, the bible does not say we should worship God on Sabbath or Sunday (Please correct me if I am wrong). It only says we should keep it holy.
but you can check
Genesis 2:2-3
Exodus 20:8-10
Deuteronomy 5:12
Mark 2:27-28
Hebrews 4:9-11

but what is note worthy is in Hebrews 10:25 which says
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (KJV)
but i like the CEB version
"Don’t stop meeting together with other believers, which some people have gotten into the habit of doing. Instead, encourage each other, especially as you see the day drawing near." (CEB)

so this admonishes us to go to church whenever there is church service not just Sabbath

So it is Scriptural to go to Church any day we so choose.... Thanks
And let me go deeper. Yes the scriptures admonishes us not to forsake the gathering of brethren, does it say you should hold choir practice ,?does it say this the pattern of worship or these are what should follow during worship? Are these not practised in the church?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by chuose2: 1:50pm On May 27, 2018
RCCG are hypocrites!

They dont want people to wear Beards, yet this same RCCG is calling Islamic Imams Men of God and calling on the church to united with Islam!

If they can unite with Islam, why ban the so called Taliban Beards?
By the way no Beards is Islamic!

Watch Adeboye & RCCG call on the church to unite with Islam and call their Imams men of God!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY?t=53m6s
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Chukazu: 1:57pm On May 27, 2018
And the Jesus wept
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Chukazu: 1:59pm On May 27, 2018
And the Jesus of the Bible supposedly had beards , so which Bible are they reading to us?

Church wedding is not biblical to start with
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by uboma(m): 2:00pm On May 27, 2018
Encyclopedia1:

grin grin grin now I really know we've got stupid people around. Taliban is a name of a group and not beard gang. That means your so called pastors with beards are Talibans grin grin grin grin

Your low IQ is legendary.

look up Taliban beard on Google and learn, learn and learn.

Knowledge is always within our reach but many like you fail to grasp it.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by JohnNU(m): 2:11pm On May 27, 2018
LGBT, Talliban, Tattoo or bear gangs they are all thesame. I love and respect RCCG for being bold and courageous in enlightening our children of now a days. Lesbianism, gay, transgender, tattoo etc, all started thesame way, the occult. Just like in the occult today, they will tell you, its acceptable to offer blood sacrifice today, that even in the Bible animal blood were offered to God. They will use the bible to confuse our ignorant youth and children into following what they dont understand or know the deep spiritual meaning of. RCCG keep it up.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Alanzazani: 2:12pm On May 27, 2018
I hope this is the work of bloggers. If not I dare to say these Pastors have lost it. Why use the term Taliban. Don't Jews keep beards? All these churches sef. Some should call what they practice another name and not Christianity please. Something like followers of "daddy GO"
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by explicite(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2018
asuustrike2009:

And let me go deeper. Yes the scriptures admonishes us not to forsake the gathering of brethren, does it say you should hold choir practice ,?does it say this the pattern of worship or these are what should follow during worship? Are these not practised in the church?

Bros, somewhere in Acts the apostles and brethren had to meet to prepare for the Sabbath...
but you are are going too far from the issue on ground...
the issue here is the church should be a model authority and shouldn't judge people by the way they look...
Because some set of people do not like beard and sees it as being bad doesn't mean it should become a rule or policy... I really don't know the holy spirit that has time to say beards are wrong... because God created man in his own image and when he was done he saw that it was good... if beards was not good he wouldn't have included it...

Also read 1st Chronicles 19: 4-5
the Bible recorded that men were ashamed because their beards were shaved... so David sent word to them to stay in Jericho until their beards are grown...
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by nwakaibeya1: 3:12pm On May 27, 2018
Truth about your Prophets and Pastors putting in you Physical and spiritual bondages as follows unknown to you having designed it spiritually # Since you can't pay tithes, prophets and pastors turns you into an errand servant. 
He sends you to buy biscuits for his children, wash pants for his wife and clean his cars and shine his shoes. 

You sweep the church for free while awaiting your heavenly reward while the pastor fly private jets and drive flashy sedans. 

You are happy that your pastor is rich and argue for him in midst of your friends. At worst he makes you his driver or security officer for a patry sum. 

He runs to the UK at the slightest symptoms of headache but prays for you when you are sick and tells you to bring your sick mother to church for prayers instead of taking her to hospitals to waste money. 
She dies and he tells you that it was God's will while his mother has been in the UK for months receiving the best treatment that tithes can buy.

He buys a new land for a new church branch, you help to carry blocks and turn concrete, then collect blessings as reward. You are happy to be working for the salvation of your soul, heaven will pay.
The pastor lives his heaven on earth while you fast and party in night vigils without receiving peace and light and unbelievable power as Jesus Christ gives those who locate him. 

The new church building is completed on your sweat. 

He invites the president, governor, senator, house of representative member and every other person who made sure that you are poor by design and evil oppression and who are not born again or even what we call enemies of Jesus Christ . 

The whole area is policed with guns and armored cars. You are comfortably seated at the back of the reception back while straining your neck to see who and who came to the event.

The president and governor and senator plus their contractor friends donate hundreds of millions for the new Church with stolen or evil gotten wealth while you cheer from the back and wished you also have the same type of money.

The food they shared didn't get to you but you are happy the president and governor and senator and rich people came to your church. You even brag to others of how your pastor is well connected. 

You get home, hunger Knocks angrily on the belly door, your neighbor who my no be a born again bails you out while you wait for heaven to pay and reward you. 

10 years on the jobless list, pastor's children have been sent abroad for studies. Age is no longer on your side, pastor hooks you up with another aunty that sweeps the church for free with no education just like you and Weds you both on a Friday evening church service and you are happy. Your children starts the circle all over again.
God have mercy!!! How long will the circle go till help comes to the poor who worship their so called pastors and prophets and not Jesus Christ and remain in evil bondages physically and spiritually and emotionally without knowing their suffering and pretend loads in false humility ?

That’s the *travesty cum irony* of the Church via prophets and pastors and current society of this generation ! 
God have mercy to those who deserve mercy and liberate them from the bandages of prophets and pastors who also knows who is revealing the things unknown after the creation of the world hence in the realm of the spirit there is no distance# check us out! 

I have given you our all inclusive justice prayer points, please pray all inclusive justice prayers if you stand for justice*

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by KayB: 3:27pm On May 27, 2018
Slavery and overlordship!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by TSOM(m): 3:29pm On May 27, 2018
JohnNU:
LGBT, Talliban, Tattoo or bear gangs they are all thesame. I love and respect RCCG for being bold and courageous in enlightening our children of now a days. Lesbianism, gay, transgender, tattoo etc, all started thesame way, the occult. Just like in the occult today, they will tell you, its acceptable to offer blood sacrifice today, that even in the Bible animal blood were offered to God. They will use the bible to confuse our ignorant youth and children into following what they dont understand or know the deep spiritual meaning of. RCCG keep it up.
It isn't surprising that guys who complain about the BeardGang are those who can't grown a full thick beard and are jealous.

We know you folks always making snide remarks yet asking us in private how we maintain our full beard and tips to grow yours.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by divineappo(m): 3:38pm On May 27, 2018
thesicilian:

I don't know what to believe. Not everyone bothers to respond to all media rumors, so I can't fault rccg officials for not responding.
But Adeboye was very very quick to respond to Mr Freeze about Tithing, Lol

Yet u believe u can't fault Rccg for not responding, Lol
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by M0ron: 3:39pm On May 27, 2018
Taliban beard?

And what is wrong with that? RCCG is slowly turning into Deeper Life
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
abeg go and sleep. all these worship God, dont worship pastor. the bible said obey those in constituted authority.

so how does obeying a pastor relate to worship.

every church has their do's and don'ts.

was it all things bad that was mentioned in the bible? so how come you know that something is bad even when it was not classified in the bible as bad. You dont need to be a christian to have morals and same thing applies to rccgs beard rule. Because it is not in the bible does not mean it should not be observed. If you dont like it, move to another church. If you are not a member then its not your business at all

So as old as you are you dont know the difference between to obey someone and to worship someone?...So when you and you family queue up to kiss Pastor Adeboye's chair you were just obeying him and not worshipping him?

Ignorance is indeed contagious.

#WorshipGodNotYourPastor
#ObeyDontWorship
#BowBeforeNoMan
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Halopy: 4:13pm On May 27, 2018
Who told you the portrait you saw was Jesus? Besides, the church said they don't want long beard again you are here ranting, why not go and open your own church and call it Taliban beard rockers international church if you must rock beard for your wedding?
Alajiki:

Blah blah blah. And I guess Jesus was a Taliban too? Because the last time I checked his portrait, he wore a long, tick beard. You guys are confused.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by thesicilian: 4:15pm On May 27, 2018
divineappo:
But Adeboye was very very quick to respond to Mr Freeze about Tithing, Lol

Yet u believe u can't fault Rccg for not responding, Lol

Lol. If na your salary dey at stake you no go quick respond?
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kolawoleibukun2: 4:24pm On May 27, 2018
as old as your father senior brother
SokizzRaven:

how old are you again??
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kolawoleibukun2: 4:26pm On May 27, 2018
come out and talk now. educated moomoo way no sabi use punctuation mark.
Benekruku:

Sigh.
Now I know your type.
A stack illiterate who unfortunately had access to the internet
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 27, 2018
explicite:

Bros, somewhere in Acts the apostles and brethren had to meet to prepare for the Sabbath...
but you are are going too far from the issue on ground...
the issue here is the church should be a model authority and shouldn't judge people by the way they look...
Because some set of people do not like beard and sees it as being bad doesn't mean it should become a rule or policy... I really don't know the holy spirit that has time to say beards are wrong... because God created man in his own image and when he was done he saw that it was good... if beards was not good he wouldn't have included it...

Also read 1st Chronicles 19: 4-5
the Bible recorded that men were ashamed because their beards were shaved... so David sent word to them to stay in Jericho until their beards are grown...
The church isn't against beards but it should be trimmed properly. They are good beards that are well shaved that is what the church is canvassing for
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Sammyblaq(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2018
Ike gwuru...
Ndi RCCG sef
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Kingspin(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2018
Codo22:

Wat sanity are yhu talking about... Are u tryna say pple with long bears are insane??... Try 2 act like sme1 who z educated, when u add to the church a rule that is not consistent in the bible, is dat nt a sin??if i decide 2 marry from dah church i should nt wear beards bcus adebayo said so and nt the bible.... Even d earlier
pioneers of Christianity wore long beard..
I don't understand somebody set it own rule and what they think is good for them so, If you like it join or dismember period. We all have one or two standard we protect individual or as a group, government etc. Nothing is by force again. Show some respect to next person opinion it will go along way to understand and tolerate among ourselves. I am not their member but respect their decision.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 27, 2018
EgunMogaji:
Una dey take small small be like cult.

small small ke

if the man hands out the kool aid - 90% of them will drink it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Olatara(f): 5:37pm On May 27, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
well, I am tired of all these beard gangs abeg. they should ban it at all at all.

before real men day shave clean and look responsible. now we no know who be terrorist and who be christian again
God created sex, but people fornicate and cheat their spouse. However, it is against the doctrine of the church, if you are not comfy with it just leave, it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kolawoleibukun2: 5:38pm On May 27, 2018
how my comment take concern sex abeg? i think you quoted the wrong person
Olatara:
God created sex, but people fornicate and cheat their spouse. However, it is against the doctrine of the church, if you are not comfy with it just leave, it shouldn't be a problem.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Olatara(f): 5:39pm On May 27, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
how my comment take concern sex abeg? i think you quoted the wrong person
Oh sorry!
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 27, 2018
oyb:

small small ke

if the man hands out the kool aid - 90% of them will drink it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It's unfortunate that this is indeed possible.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Deltayankeeboi: 6:42pm On May 27, 2018
KingOfAmebo:

So as old as you are you dont know the difference between to obey someone and to worship someone?...So when you and you family queue up to kiss Pastor Adeboye's chair you were just obeying him and not worshipping him?

Ignorance is indeed contagious.

#WorshipGodNotYourPastor
#ObeyDontWorship
#BowBeforeNoMan

ok. that is your headache
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by M0ron: 7:28pm On May 27, 2018
Kingspin:
I don't understand somebody set it own rule and what they thing is good for them so, If you like join or dismember period. We all have one or two standard we protect individual or as a group, government etc. Nothing is by force again. Show some respect to next person opinion it will go along way to understand and tolerate among ourselves. I am not their member but respect their decision.

They have every right to make rules,but there seems to be no scriptural basis for this one
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Omosikiru1992: 7:50pm On May 27, 2018
Adeboye's gods have command him that if he want a lot of congregation in his Church he shld ban beard. I see notin in d rules than satanic because Jesus Christ also have beards during is life time
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by SokizzRaven(m): 8:20pm On May 27, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
as old as your father senior brother
You're too immature to speak in public places, start practicing with a mirror first you're such a kid
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by Kingspin(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2018
M0ron:

They have every right to make rules,but there seems to be no scriptural basis for this one
But there is no scriptural or physical harm in the banning. In any society law and order cannot be over or underrated. It bring decorum into an organization. Remember that the long beard is to be ban within RCCG/member so, it is not binding on everybody. As a member if am to attend service I cut my beards but if not I carry my beards as usual to any other place I choose to; so there is nothing wrong here.
Re: RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) by kolawoleibukun2: 8:44pm On May 27, 2018
hehe the thing pain you well well.
well, I hold lectures for kids once every week. If you are interested, ask your father to register you in my class. But seriously, I speak to people of all races and they applaud in the end. I am trying hard to keep up with your level believe me. I am trying very hard
SokizzRaven:

You're too immature to speak in public places, start practicing with a mirror first you're such a kid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.