Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! (30406 Views)

James Ibori Releases Document Of How He Helped British Airways Under Abacha / Presidency Releases Video Of Buhari’s Shoot-On-Sight Order For AK-47 Handlers / Presidency Releases ‘checklist’ On Killings Under PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by sanpipita(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2018
They can release heaven and earth important question is have they improved lives of the average Nigerian this past three years?
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by demio007: 6:12pm On May 26, 2018
Now someone is boasting of spending N12.7 trillion INFRASTRUCTURE in the 2016 and 2017 budgets

WHERE IS THE INFRASTRUCTURE? ??

AWON OLE BURUKU. AWON WERE

WHERE IS THE INFRASTRUCTURE? ??
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 26, 2018
This is the biggest joke of the century

This incompetent president is only good at comedy and.propaganda

No sane person in Nigeria will take this seriously

It is dead on arrival
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by MazuguZugudu1(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2018
Paperwhite:
Buhari government is just an annoying failure of monumental proportion.The earlier the APC government & their ass lickers acknowledges this the better for Nigeria in getting a remedy.

A paper weight opinion from paperwhite.

Get off Nairaland and see the direction the pendulum is swinging in the polity.

Buhari is on a roller coaster for re-election.

The sooner you realise that the much hated and maligned Buhari will be your president for another 4 years the better for your mental wellbeing.

Masu gudu su gudu!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by obi58: 6:20pm On May 26, 2018
tesppidd:
in 2013 and 2014 about 800 people where killed by the so called herdsmen, more than this administration.

in 1999 over 2000 people where killed during the kaduna sharia riots.

you are just a child who should research more.

you're ignorant and choose to swallow blanket statements forced down your throat by your pdp masters.

and yes;

Buhari is not Jonathan,

APC will preside for 40 years.

Bro have you noticed Uncle Lai is no longer coming out to defend the government? Have you asked yourself why?

The answer is quite simple; Nigerians are wise to his propaganda so much so that even when he tells the truth he is assumed to be lying as usual.

The shameless manner in which the Benue tragedy was handled has pitted the Benue APC and entire state against the presidency.

No matter how the BMC tries to paint the situation, it's quite evident that the last 3 years has been a massive letdown from the change and hope which was promised. So much impunity, disrespect for the rule of law, court judgements and even Senate summons and of course.,. Rubbishing of Nigeria's image abroad à la lazy Nigerian youths...

That is why till tomorrow we keep hearing about paper achievements and blaming of past administrations as if that was not the reason they were given the mandate to rule by the people. That is why there has been massive unrest in many of the APC congresses conducted so far and the agitation for reordering of the election sequence.

Nigerians are wiser now and not moved any more by propaganda. They are only waiting for credible opposition to show the level of disenchantment with the current administration. If that falls to materialize then the President will win by default
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by aloyin(m): 6:21pm On May 26, 2018
THIS IS REAL TRASH, AND NONSENSE. I REALY PITY MY COUNTRY. THIS STUPIDITY NEED TO STOP!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by lexy2014: 6:23pm On May 26, 2018
GistManor:

Ahead of Democracy Day on May 29 this year, the presidency has published a document reeling out President Muhammadu Buhari’s achievements during his three years in power.

Buhari was elected under the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC), defeating then incumbent President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He was sworn into office on May 29, 2015.

In his inaugural speech, the president stated that his administration will focus on the economy, fight against corruption, and provision of security.

The document reads:

Economy
The presidency says the Nigerian economy is back and is on the path of growth after the recession of 2016-17.

It said the Buhari administration’s priority sectors of agriculture and solid minerals maintained consistent growth throughout the recession.

It said inflation has fallen for the fifteenth consecutive month while the nation’s external reserves are at their highest levels in five years, currently double the size of October 2016.

“The new FX Window introduced by the CBN in April 2017 now sees an average of $1 billion in weekly turnover, and has attracted about 45 billion dollars in inflows in its first year, signalling rising investor confidence in Nigeria

“Nigeria’s Stock Market ended 2017 as one of the best-performing in the world, with returns of about 40 percent,” it said.

It also said five million new taxpayers were added to the tax base since 2016, as part of efforts to diversify government revenue.

Also, tax revenue increased to N1.17 trillion in the first quarter 2018, a 51 per cent increase on the first quarter 2017 figure.

The government said N 12.7 trillion was spent on infrastructure in the 2016 and 2017 budgets, “an unprecedented allocation in Nigeria’s recent history.”

Other economic achievements, stated by the presidency, include the revitalisation of 14 moribund blending plants under the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative, and the tripling of revenue to the Federation Account from solid minerals.

It said the revenue tripled from N700 million in 2015 to N2 billion in 2016, and again rose to N3.5 billion in 2017.

The presidency also said its Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), which was launched by Mr Buhari in April 2017, has stabilised the macroeconomic environment; achieved agricultural and food security and has also ensured energy efficiency especially in power and petroleum products.

It also said the ERGP has improved transportation infrastructure and industrialisation primarily through the Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).

“To fast-track the implementation of the ERGP, the federal government launched the ERGP Focus Labs, as a targeted 6-week intervention (March to April 2018) to unlock medium-scale and large-scale investment projects held back by bureaucratic bottlenecks.

“The just-concluded Phase 1 of the ERGP Focus Labs identified projects worth about $10 billion for fast-tracking, and the bottlenecks holding them back are now being resolved,” the government said.

In the area of monetary, fiscal and trade policies, the document stated that the APC administration created a new Foreign Exchange window for investors and exporters in April 2017 which has helped stabilise the market and increase appetite for Nigerian stocks by foreign portfolio investors.

“The new Window has attracted inflows of more than $45 billion in its first year of operation,” it said.

In the area of debt management, the document reveals that government adopted a strategy that seeks to achieve its goal by replacing Treasury Bills borrowing with lower-cost, longer-term external financing (via Eurobonds and Concessional Loans from China)

“The Buhari Administration inherited N12.1 trillion in debt, with N5.4 trillion annual servicing cost, and had reduced the debt service on this inherited debt to N3.9 trillion by 2016,” it said.

Under the Bond Issuance programme, the government said $7.3 billion was issued in Eurobond in 2017/18, to fund the 2017 Budget as well as to refinance maturing treasury bills and lower the cost of borrowing for the government.

“This debt refinancing strategy is paying off as treasury bill rates have dropped from 16-18% to 10-12% over the last year.

“The oversubscription of our recent Eurobond (the first issuance in 2017 saw orders in excess of US$7.8 billion compared to a pre-issuance target of US$1bn) demonstrates strong market appetite for Nigeria, and shows confidence by the international investment community in Nigeria’s economic reform agenda,” the government said.

Other debt related issues raised in the document include Nigeria’s first Sovereign Sukuk Bond which raised N100 billion used to fund 25 major road projects across the country.

There was also Nigeria’s first ever Diaspora-targeted Eurobond that raised $300 million used to fund part of the 2017 Budget and Africa’s first Sovereign Green Bond Programme that raised N10.69 billion used to fund infrastructure projects that tackle climate change.

https://www.gistmanor.com/news/read-the-document-presidency-released-detailing-buharis-achievements-in-three-years/
as usual, this administration struggles with specifics and tangible visible results. All it can give are vague stories with none showing how its activities have impacted positively on any Nigerian. With 24 federal ministries and more ministers that took buhari 6months 2 locate, they should b doing more

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by MazuguZugudu1(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2018
Cooly100:

Senseless liar. There have never been deaths in Nigeria as we have now than during the civil war.

PDP said the same thing about ruling Nigeria forever...

I am not a party person...

You must have been living under a rock!

What about the more than 10,000, Nigerians killed by BH under the watch of your hero; the clueless One? They are not Nigerians because they are mostly muslims?

Hypocrite and hypocrisy EVERYWHERE you go.

Not a party person my a$$$$!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by tesppidd: 6:26pm On May 26, 2018
obi58:

Bro have you noticed Uncle Lai is no longer coming out to defend the government? Have you asked yourself why?

The answer is quite simple; Nigerians are wise to his propaganda so much so that even when he tells the truth he is assumed to be lying as usual.

The shameless manner in which the Benue tragedy was handled has pitted the Benue APC and entire state against the presidency.

No matter how the BMC tries to paint the situation, it's quite evident that the last 3 years has been a massive letdown from the change and hope which was promised. So much impunity, disrespect for the rule of law, court judgements and even Senate summons and of course.,. Rubbishing of Nigeria's image abroad à la lazy Nigerian youths...

That is why till tomorrow we keep hearing about paper achievements and blaming of past administrations as if that was not the reason they were given the mandate to rule by the people. That is why there has been massive unrest in many of the APC congresses conducted so far and the agitation for reordering of the election sequence.

Nigerians are wiser now and not moved any more by propaganda. They are only waiting for credible opposition to show the level of disenchantment with the current administration. If that falls to materialize then the President will win by default
Speak all the grammar you want.

Yes Nigerians are wiser now and will never let PDP back to power.
We have our pvc's to ensure that.

2019 is not far away,
Then you would realise that elections are not won on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by goldenval(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2018
I keep reading trillions here but almost 98% of Nigerians are suffering right now. During Goodluck Jonathan Era, I made over 2.5 billion on my business and since last year till now, I'm struggling to make 50 million without no success as business is no longer booming like before. I've reduced my staff from 11 to 5 now which is not good in business.

Apc government is not good to us both in business and everything.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Kingspin(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2018
If these are the achievements of this government then Buhari must GO!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Stycon(m): 6:28pm On May 26, 2018
I must commend this administration for the stunt they pull in managing the FX crisis that resulted from the fall in FX Earnings from crude oil.

Kudos should also be given for the debt refinancing - using euro bond; I must say creating the I&E window is Plausible too.

That said, I think it's important to understand that governance is holistic and as such the success of any administration should so evaluated, holistically!

I was expecting a feedback on the security, power and other physical infrastructure, human capital development, job created, etc., to be given too; but alas! angry

Anyway, maybe we'll get that in the second term report card grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by seguno2: 6:30pm On May 26, 2018
johnmartus:
Sir you have done a great job buhari till 2023.

A great job of increasing exchange rate to over N500 before it fell to N365 from the N200 that he inherited in 2015
Are you okay?
That is a question that I hope you can answer.
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Automatic3444(m): 6:31pm On May 26, 2018
Like for buhari must park to daura
share for Buhari to retain his post come 2019
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Kingspin(m): 6:32pm On May 26, 2018
These are statements not in any way an achievement of a government.
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by smirn(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2018
BankeSmalls:
How many people were slaughtered in 3 years? And yet no suspect punished or killed. The government has been playing deaf and dumb about that one.

If a government cannot protect the lives of all, its a failed government.
Na FG send the killers?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Elinosweet143(f): 6:34pm On May 26, 2018
Funny enough majority of d APC members we have today were PDP members yesterday so what are u saying? Let's pray 4 good leaders and not APC or PDP
tesppidd:
Everybody go get your PVC....

Buhari till 2023,
APC till 2055.

Never again will we let those demonic looters PDP gain power again.

Never again!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by seguno2: 6:35pm On May 26, 2018
tesppidd:
You people have refused to have sense.

In 2013 and 2104 the so called terrorist herdsmen killed more people than they have killed since 2015.

Guess who was in power then?

Goodluck Jonathan.

You people must have sense by force because APC will be in power for another 30 years.

Did your Buhari campaign that he was going to match and surpass the record of deaths under Jonathan or did he promise to uproot all terrorists?
What did Buhari and APC promise
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by smirn(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2018
goldenval:
I keep reading trillions here but almost 98% of Nigerians are suffering right now. During Goodluck Jonathan Era, I made over 2.5 billion on my business and since last year till now, I'm struggling to make 50 million without no success as business is no longer booming like before. I've reduced my staff from 11 to 5 now which is not good in business.

Apc government is not good to us both in business and everything.
Na your own you know. Why you nor mention your type of business?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by johnmartus(m): 6:38pm On May 26, 2018
embarassed I will only advice you to stop displaying your stupidity.
seguno2:

A great job of increasing exchange rate to over N500 before it fell to N365 from the N200 that he inherited in 2015
Are you okay?
That is a question that I hope you can answer.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by seguno2: 6:39pm On May 26, 2018
Elinosweet143:
Funny enough majority of d APC members we have today were PDP members yesterday so what are u saying? Let's pray 4 good leaders and not APC or PDP

Is there anything else that we can do in addition to praying for good leaders?
Getting our PVCs, for example
How about joining political parties and spending our money to campaign for people who are likely to be good leaders?
I hope that you have your PVC ready for 2019 and everyone else around you.
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:40pm On May 26, 2018
all this achievement have they impacted or change the life of the common man?

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by seguno2: 6:41pm On May 26, 2018
johnmartus:
embarassed I will only advice you to stop displaying your stupidity.

Should you not be saving your tears for your stupid, hypocritical thieves in the presidency
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by tesppidd: 6:42pm On May 26, 2018
Elinosweet143:
do you know the meaning of majority?

stop lying.
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by johnmartus(m): 6:43pm On May 26, 2018
embarassed Any similarity between you and a human is purely coincidental
seguno2:

Should you not be saving your tears for your stupid, hypocritical thieves in the presidency

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by seguno2: 6:44pm On May 26, 2018
tesppidd:
do you know the meaning of majority?

stop lying.

You that is not telling lies, please tell us the meaning of majority.
Thanks.
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by tesppidd: 6:44pm On May 26, 2018
seguno2:

Did your Buhari campaign that he was going to match and surpass the record of deaths under Jonathan or did he promise to uproot all terrorists?
What did Buhari and APC promise
stop playing to the gallery.

when someone makes a comment and says that the highest number of deaths have occurred under Buhari,

what you do is provide the numbers to prove that the person is a big liar.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by Iamthoney(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2018
Those wey don die before Bubu first be military president sabi sey the guy na monumental failure... All those achievements are simply shiiiii
Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by NiajaXionist: 6:45pm On May 26, 2018
TANKDESTROYER:
TRASH!!!!!... YOU'VE FAILED WOEFULLY!!
He paid pension to the ex-Biafra military and police, he fixed the dilapidated southeastern roads abandoned by your lover PDP, he revives 2nd Niger bridge which is currently over 40% completion, and so many more but yet you are calling him a failure. No wonder white people say blacks are Monkeys they never get a brain. KUNTINU your hate and wailing, i foresee heart attack loading .....PMB till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Releases Document Detailing Buhari’s Achievements In 3 Years READ!!! by lexy2014: 6:48pm On May 26, 2018
Maket:
These are just some of the things that MINISTERS do feed PRES. BUHARI with, just the way they did to PRES. JONA BOY. Now, our president will be feeling on TOP OF THE WORLD that no one has Everly rule the country like HIMSELF. Some of the achievement are exaggerated. We can not said he has not achieved anything sir. I am happy with this administration for making not only the electorate to cried but also the politicians unlike before that the poor electorate will be crying while the polithiefians are smiling to the banks.

SLAP TO THE ONE DECEIVING US HERE.

Any one who said Buhari has not achieve anything can go and Hug the transformer behind his house (when there is light oh) and someone who knows you will come to nairaland to tell us the result.

Again, I saw this from the document. COULD THIS BE LIKE IF FALSE and SHARE if it's TRUE.
“The Buhari Administration inherited N12.1 trillion in debt, with N5.4 trillion annual servicing cost, and had reduced the debt service on this inherited debt to N3.9 trillion by 2016,”

NO GOV. IS TO BE TRUSTED IN THIS COUNTRY FA.
bros those aren't achievements, they are activities. achievements speak 4 themselves, in this case, d common man will feel d impact. D major metrics 4 assessing d performance of this govt is saying what was d quality of life of Nigerians in 2015.What is it now? What did they promise, what have they delivered? D debt issue u raised, I dont have my figures but I think d govt is trying 2b clever. All those bonds u c they outlined in their "achievements" are actually loans they borrowed. So they claim they are servicing loans, but they are taking more loans

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Go To Court, INEC Tells Critics Over Buhari’s Non-submission Of Credentials / Yahaya Bello: I Averted Another Civil War In Nigeria / Ibrahim Nasiru Mantu Is Dead: Former Deputy Senate President Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.