Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,771 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam (898 Views)

Ease Of Doing Business: World Bank Group Rates Enugu State 2nd In Nigeria / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / The Must Know Taxes For Doing Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Mattizzy(m): 2:07pm On May 26, 2018
Hello Friends, I'm Matthew. I've been scammed yeah. too much yeah.
When thinking of how best to eradicate scammers and avoid scammers or even prosecute scammers, I think you need to follow these few steps. If the person Refused, Then Avoid you'll surely find someone else to do business with.

How to Know Scammers
- They keep reminding you to make the payment.
- Their WhatsApp number is switched off but they are online.
- They are tell you things you didn't ask for.
More Loading....

What to Avoid
- Do not Rush into a business because you need it so badly. they might scam you.
- If you ask someone of his Nairaland Moniker, Tell him to Comment on a Post mentioning your name, in order to know if he really owns the account.
- Ask for a means of identification. You can tell the person to send his/her id card and even go to the extent of video chat. not seeing your business partner is risky. how do you tell the police? a ghost scammed you.
- Always Check the back accounts they provide if it's the same with all other bank accounts they have.
- They start boasting that they cannot run away with that small money(if you are paying little amount).
- Check if their WhatsApp number is going through, if it's not, Avoid.
More Loading.....

THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY.

This Post will be Updated Regularly to Help You Fight Scam on Nairaland and transact perfectly well.
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by heendrix(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2018
Mattizzy:
Hello Friends, I'm Matthew. I've been scammed yeah. too much yeah.
When thinking of how best to eradicate scammers and avoid scammers or even prosecute scammers, I think you need to follow these few steps. If the person Refused, Then Avoid you'll surely find someone else to do business with.

What to Avoid
- Do not Rush into a business because you need it so badly. they might scam you.
- If you ask someone of his Nairaland Moniker, Tell him to Comment on a Post mentioning your name, in order to know if he really owns the account.
- Ask for a means of identification. You can tell the person to send his/her id card and even go to the extent of video chat. not seeing your business partner is risky. how do you tell the police? a ghost scammed you.
- Always Check the back accounts they provide if it's the same with all other bank accounts they have.

More Loading.....

THAT'S ALL FOR TODAY.

This Post will be Updated Regularly to Help You Fight Scam on Nairaland and transact perfectly well.

unfortunately seun and mynd44 are not doing enough to help

Like my own resolution always is I can never buy or do business with anyone on NL even if it's to buy for any pal at home

1 Like

Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by halfcurrent(m): 2:45pm On May 26, 2018
90% of the people that advertise data on this platform are scammers. Don’t even think of patronizing them

1 Like

Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by greatme2good(f): 2:59pm On May 26, 2018
halfcurrent:
90% of the people that advertise data on this platform are scammers. Don’t even think of patronizing them

Not just data, the self acclaimed import and export gurus and e-book sellers are not left out. A lot of them open whatsapp group after collecting people's money and abandoned it. Some are selling pirated e-books or worst still fictional mouth watering e-books.

1 Like

Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by dinak1(f): 3:08pm On May 26, 2018
greatme2good:

Not just data, the self acclaimed import and export gurus and e-book sellers are not left out. A lot of them open whatsapp group after collecting people's money and abandoned it. Some are selling pirated e-books or worst still fictional mouth watering e-books.

I was a victim of this. 5k was what I paid. john Victor is his name. let me even upload the guy pics, he does all these importation stuff and PayPal too

1 Like

Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Mattizzy(m): 3:47pm On May 26, 2018
heendrix:

unfortunately seun and mynd44 are not doing enough to help

Like my own resolution always is I can never buy or do business with anyone on NL even if it's to buy for any pal at home

Don't blame them Nigeria is corrupt. in my next post I'll expantiate
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Mattizzy(m): 3:51pm On May 26, 2018
halfcurrent:

Just read this post. ask them the details I posted. Scammers will fail it.
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Mattizzy(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2018
greatme2good:

My dear, All these can be stopped but NIGERIAN POLICE ARE LAZY.
I'll expatiate on my next post because its painful.
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Mattizzy(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2018
dinak1:

I was a victim of this. 5k was what I paid. john Victor is his name. let me even upload the guy pics, he does all these importation stuff and PayPal too

You even have his Picture.

Upload the details here. both bank account infos
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Sambai65(m): 3:54pm On May 26, 2018
Check my signature have become their slogan

1 Like

Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Mattizzy(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2018
Sambai65:
Check my signature have become their slogan
How please
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by greatme2good(f): 4:43pm On May 26, 2018
dinak1:

Sorry about your loss sis I haven't lost to any of them before cos I know them even from afar. I don't rush into making payment rather I do some online search on the name and the business you are advertising. engage them with serious chats..the fake ones will be bombarding you with calls and messages lol.

The last one I encountered, the e-book was written by someone else while his name and the account the money was supposed to be paid into were also different. when I inquired, he couldn't give a concrete reason I smiled. then I gave his number to a close NL friend who called him claiming he's interested in the business but would like to meet him since he said he resides in Abuja. The guy denied that he's in Lagos lol.

His threads are still in investment section...i really don't want to expose his moniker but he's advertising cocoa powder mini exportation.
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by greatme2good(f): 4:47pm On May 26, 2018
Mattizzy:

I just hope something is done about this soonest cos NL is turning to a scam site gradually. I don't take any advert here serious anymore.
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by YOUNGELDER1(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2018
greatme2good:

Sorry about your loss sis I haven't lost to any of them before cos I know them even from afar. I don't rush into making payment rather I do some online search on the name and the business you are advertising. engage them with serious chats..the fake ones will be bombarding you with calls and messages lol.

The last one I encountered, the e-book was

written by someone else while his name and the account the money was supposed to be paid into were also different. when I inquired, he couldn't give a concrete reason I smiled. then I gave his number to a close NL friend who called him claiming he's interested in the business but would like to meet him since he said he resides in Abuja. The guy denied that he's in Lagos lol.

His threads are still in investment section...i really don't want to expose his moniker but he's advertising cocoa powder mini exportation.

Please expose him so others don’t fall victim :
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by greatme2good(f): 5:09pm On May 26, 2018
YOUNGELDER1:

Please expose him so others don’t fall victim :

With what I said, I think I have exposed him enough what is left is just his moniker. Investment section, cocoa powder mini exportation. He is the only one advertising the biz.
What will give you the red signal is his domain host. he used and that will let you know that he's broke to even host his blog. His number is not on whatsapp and it's glo line. I think I have said enough.
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Fxmanager(m): 2:26pm On May 27, 2018
Check our profile and go through our topic "Investment Anti-scam/Fraud Guide" to learn more"
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by dking123: 4:02pm On May 27, 2018
Mattizzy:

pls explain what the police should do.how can the police help?
Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by dinak1(f): 9:40am On May 28, 2018
Mattizzy:

You even have his Picture.

Upload the details here. both bank account infos

Re: Read Before Doing Business On Nairaland To Avoid Scam by Nobody: 9:50am On May 28, 2018
halfcurrent:
certainly not TAVOX,been dealing with him for about two yrs

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Custom Bridal Caps And Supplies. / How To Import Goods From China To Nigeria And Make Millions / World’s Most Expensive Jacket Costs N780 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.