Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? (12800 Views)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2018
I don't and secretly laugh at people who do.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by geoworldedu: 10:00am On May 27, 2018
webady:

Very wrong, it's not fear based or religion.

It's Ethical to say prayers for thanking God for provision. Not only food but for everything God blesses us with.
Which of the gods is it ethical to thank, Amadioha, Vishnu, Yahweh, Baal, Olorun or Allah?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by nowpresence(f): 10:02am On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

But your god claimed he's powerful and all loving.
Besides, the moniker you quoted didn't claim to be god. So you're saying nothing
yes he is. There will always be poor people and rich people. Whichever one we find our selves, gives thanks to God. If you don't like the situation work hard and God will see you through.
There is nothing room for everyone to fly.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by nowpresence(f): 10:03am On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

You still haven't answered my question. When a ghastly car accident happen and people loss their lives, who do you thank? God?
Yes. Thank God
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 27, 2018
I don't pray before meal, rather I thank the person who provided the food. If it's my husband that cooked, I will praise his culinary skill.
I taught my family too to always acknowledge who provided or cooked for them. And so also the rest of the family if I was the chef for that meal.

I grew up in a society where somebody will provide and cook food, most of the time we will forget to acknowledge who cooked. It's such a rude culture.
One elder might be around and u will thank him or her.
For what? Did he or she cook the food.
As for thanking god, that was the tradition the catholics passed down to the world but some have cut that off to do the right thing.
I also think people especially in our black continent pray bc of fear, nothing more

4 Likes

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by tsnsamuel(m): 10:04am On May 27, 2018
Lord thank you for the provision of this food, sanctify it, cover it with your blood, let it serve as a blessing to my body, bless those who you have use to provide this food for me, and provide for those who doesn't have, in Jesus Name have prayed. Amen.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by olursolar23(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2018
0temSapien:
Prayer is useless...

Homo Sapiens III 15:12
12. Sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow human beings.
.. It wll ve bn beta if u use dat Dead Head of urs to think, rather to ds Yama Yama u jst did.... ��
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 10:16am On May 27, 2018
nowpresence:

yes he is.

Yet under the canopy of a all loving god, many still starve to death in Africa where this omni god is exalted the most cheesy
There will always be poor people and rich people.

From a societal POV I guess and not biblical.
Whichever one we find our selves, gives thanks to God.

Even in car accident scenario abi?
If you don't like the situation work hard

Exactly I what I want you talk. Hard work pays and not the god factor bullsh!t
and God will see you through.

Was it god that did the hard work undecided

There is nothing room for everyone to fly.
This is not applicable to the doctrine of Christianity
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by 0temSapien: 10:17am On May 27, 2018
olursolar23:
.. It wll ve bn beta if u use dat Dead Head of urs to think, rather to ds Yama Yama u jst did.... ��
Tell us how this is yama yama. Do u think i made it up? No, I only quoted the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 10:18am On May 27, 2018
nowpresence:

Yes. Thank God

Do you thank god?

Stop playing word taekwondo here.

À response I want from you is - YES, I (ie you) THANK GOD FOR LIVES OF THOSE INVOLVED IN GHASTLY CAR ACCIDENT or YES, I (ie you) do
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by CriticMaestro: 10:22am On May 27, 2018
Mordecai:

Even though you derailed from the topic, you brought up an interesting conversation.

Tell me, what about food offered to an idol? Would you eat it?

Some don't eat certain food because the food itself is an abomination...as for sacrifice, judge for yourself
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by CriticMaestro: 10:23am On May 27, 2018
olowobaba10:

SO YOU MUST EAT EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT WAS CREATED BY GOD?

They don't eat it because they say it's an abomination to do so
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 10:26am On May 27, 2018
I thank God for the food, ask God to provide for those who don't have food to it and ask God to always provide for me.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 10:32am On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
I thank God for the food, ask God to provide for those who don't have food to it and ask God to always provide for me.
Why pray for him to provide since you he's omni all? Or isn't he aware of ya wants and needs?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 10:34am On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Why pray for him to provide since you he's omni all? Or isn't he aware of ya wants and needs?
of course he's aware but he's the same God who ask us to ask, seek and knock..
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 10:35am On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
Isn't that paradoxical to his so called OMNI nature?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 10:36am On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:

But why do you have to beg him to provide for the weak. Does he need to be told?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 10:39am On May 27, 2018
realmindz:

But why do you have to beg him to provide for the weak. Does he need to be told?
Good question but
Lemme laugh small
Her Perfect answer below

EmpresFIDEL:
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by chysam: 10:41am On May 27, 2018
CriticMaestro:
They bible is your guide in Christendom

1 Corinthians 10:31 - Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

Acts 27:35 - And when he had thus spoken, he took bread, and gave thanks to God in presence of them all: and when he had broken [it], he began to eat.o

Matthew 14:19-21 - And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to [his] disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by shaybebaby(f): 10:45am On May 27, 2018
festwiz:

You're not well. Lol grin grin
G' morning
Garri withdrawal symptoms was what the doc said.

Morning to you too hun!
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 11:00am On May 27, 2018
realmindz:
The question is this?

If you pray before eating a food that has been poisoned, will it harm You?

Adeboye's son, Dare Adeboye once suffered food poisoning and was flown abroad for treatment to save his life. He was treated medically and not by prayers. Yet this is a man who boasted on driving on empty tank.

Sheeples open your eyes and be wise, dont die in ignorance.
grin grin
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by nowpresence(f): 11:08am On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Do you thank god?

À response I want from you is - YES, I (ie you) THANK GOD FOR LIVES OF THOSE INVOLVED IN GHASTLY CAR ACCIDENT
my answer was quite clear and direct.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Lomprico2: 11:11am On May 27, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Prayers before meal has become part of religious belief, especially Christians. some times i pray just to thank God for provision and to provide more. nothing else though everyone has its own motive based on their belief.
Why do you pray before taking your meal?

To thank God for providing us with the food.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by dyangprof(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2018
Irrelevant question
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by fruqy(m): 11:14am On May 27, 2018
Ever watched movies where they pray on their meal and the poison disappears?

I'm not done...

It disappears and enters the food of the poisoner. Then the poisoner eats and dies...

Okay...

Lemme be going...
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by miqos02(m): 11:20am On May 27, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Prayers before meal has become part of religious belief, especially Christians. some times i pray just to thank God for provision and to provide more. nothing else though everyone has its own motive based on their belief.
to thank God for provision. Remember this song ??

Some have food but can not eat , some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat , glory be to thee O Lord.

AMEEEEEN

i sell laptop hard drives

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by adedayoa2(f): 11:31am On May 27, 2018
geoworldedu:
Because religious people are paranoia. They always fear everything.
its not fear, its called appreciation. We only thank God for the provision.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 11:36am On May 27, 2018
miqos02:
to thank God for provision. Remember this song ??

Some have food but can not eat , some can eat but have no food, we have food and we can eat , glory be to thee O Lord.

AMEEEEEN

i sell laptop hard drives

That song sounds more like a mockery...the funniest part of is that many of those who cannot eat today in the hospitals once sang that song....

You know something my brother, when i was in primary school, I was once sick and could not eat my lunch in class, then during break, they started the "some can't eat" song. It really kept me thinking. grin

The song is useless

Christians are one hell of selfish, self absorbed hypocrites. They celebrate only their well being alone, any other can perish for all they care.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Ilerioluwa02: 11:51am On May 27, 2018
Omuneizzy6:

1 Thes. 5:17 says pray without ceasing. That should answer your question.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:55am On May 27, 2018
realmindz:
The question is this?

If you pray before eating a food that has been poisoned, will it harm You?

Adeboye's son, Dare Adeboye once suffered food poisoning and was flown abroad for treatment to save his life. He was treated medically and not by prayers. Yet this is a man who boasted on driving on empty tank.

Sheeples open your eyes and be wise, dont die in ignorance.

If we{believers} take any deadly thing it shall not harm us. I don't need to "pray" over any food before eating. He that want to poison me is wasting his time.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Kaybaba5(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2018
We pray to thank God for the meal and remund him for another

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God? / Should A Student Pay Tithe? / What Happens If You Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.