Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,059 members, 7,807,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? (12797 Views)

Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by FuckoffMOD: 12:07pm On May 27, 2018
Redoil:
Bless us and bless these foods oh lord from these ur gifts which we are about to recieve thru christ our lord amen
And also bless those dat lack one way or the other
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 27, 2018
realmindz:

But why do you have to beg him to provide for the weak. Does he need to be told?
you should ask for the sake of God's glory, ask because he's your father and ask to fulfill God's will.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
you should ask for the sake of God's glory, ask because he's your father and ask to fulfill God's will.
Asking for our daily bread reminds us that we are sinners.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 12:16pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:

I should ask God to fulfill God's will.?

Christians are so confused that they say things that they themselves don't often understand...

Okay, and since when people have been asking God to fulfill God's will, why are millions of innocent children still suffering of hunger. ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by realmindz: 12:18pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
Asking for our daily bread reminds us that we are sinners.

So we need to be reminded that we are sinners before god can save us from starvation. Talk of a merciless, arrogant, boastful bully calling himself god

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 12:24pm On May 27, 2018
nowpresence:

my answer was quite clear and direct.
No madam. This was ya response, "yes, thank god". Its very different from "YES, I thank god" - which I expected you will reply with.

Make it clear here by copying the any of the responses I wrote down and paste, instead of running in circle.

Hope you now dig. Do you thank god for live of people who lost their lives in ghastly car accident?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
realmindz:

Christians are so confused that they say things that they themselves don't often understand...

Okay, and since when people have been asking God to fulfill God's will, why are millions of innocent children still suffering of hunger. ?
You see, you don't understand the Bible. Some part are not to be understood literally while some are.

Christians are funny
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 12:30pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
you should ask for the sake of God's glory, ask because he's your father and ask to fulfill God's will
Why fulfill what he designed and master planed? Abi don't you read your Bible?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 27, 2018
shaybebaby:

I do, especially when the water chilled. I must extend my thanks for the electricity that powers the fridge that chills the water that tranforms my cassava flakes into a wonderful cereal that satesy hunger and quenches my thirst.

I now feel that an ode to garri is needed!

Lmao. You're not serious
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by JoshMedia: 12:34pm On May 27, 2018
realmindz:
The question is this?

If you pray before eating a food that has been poisoned, will it harm You?

Adeboye's son, Dare Adeboye once suffered food poisoning and was flown abroad for treatment to save his life. He was treated medically and not by prayers. Yet this is a man who boasted on driving on empty tank.

Sheeples open your eyes and be wise, dont die in ignorance.
Being the Son of Adeboye doesn't mean he's a supernatural being or a saint.
His dad drove on empty tank, fine, Jesus performed many miracles and still killed by human, good, nonetheless, his DAD you said, not him.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by JoshMedia: 12:40pm On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of faith, is what the Bible says, Jesus is a good example of prayer before eating, when he broke bread and prayed before Eating with his disciples.

Christians love the way they live, and know what they derive from it.

So, leave them alone!
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 12:43pm On May 27, 2018
JoshMedia:

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of faith, is what the Bible says, Jesus is a good example of prayer before eating, when he broke bread and prayed before Eating with his disciples.

Christians love the way they live, and know what they derive from it.

So, leave them alone!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by shaybebaby(f): 12:47pm On May 27, 2018
Earthbound:

Lmao. You're not serious
I couldn't be more serious.

Garri, so humble yet it saves lives. So abundant yet sorely underappreciated.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Rainmaker69(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2018
I think the tradition of meal-time prayers is to give thanks to God for provision. Its one way children can learn humility and appreciation.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Flexy2009(m): 1:13pm On May 27, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Prayers before meal has become part of religious belief, especially Christians. some times i pray just to thank God for provision and to provide more. nothing else though everyone has its own motive based on their belief.
Why do you pray before taking your meal?
Plus God minus devil Amen.......share if u said this prayer/Like if u didn't
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 27, 2018
0temSapien:
Prayer is useless...

Homo Sapiens III 15:12
12. Sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow human beings.

Hmmm Insightful words, Actually i believe in God and prayer though. But seems u know something.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
shaybebaby:

I couldn't be more serious.

Garri, so humble yet it saves lives. So abundant yet sorely underappreciated.

You said so little, but so much at the same time.
Oya chop knuckle!
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
realmindz:

oga was the coming of Christ not the fulfillment of Old Testament?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 27, 2018
realmindz:

So we need to be reminded that we are sinners before god can save us from starvation. Talk of a merciless, arrogant, boastful bully calling himself god
God knows how needs, he just wants us to ask.. if our earthly father can give us what we ask, how much more will God give.. even if we don't ask he still provide..
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you continue to read your Bible.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 1:19pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you as you continue to read your Bible.
Wanna bring in "I NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT FACTOR"?

Well sorry miss/mrs. It doesn't work that way wink
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 1:23pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
God knows how needs, he just wants us to ask..
The bold is funny.
You speak with so much certainty. More like it was stated somewhere in the Bible. If provoked to bring up Bible verse, you will say I need the Holy spirit.
if our earthly father can give us what we ask, how much more will God give.. even if we don't ask he still provide..
Yet some people are starving. What can you say about them? Those without shelter? Those in pains without anybody to help?
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Wanna bring in "I NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT FACTOR"?

Well sorry miss/mrs. It doesn't work that way wink
okay sir.. I can't put you through in just one day.. but one thing you should know is that it's God will for us to ask.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:
The bold is funny.
You speak with so much certainty. More like it was stated somewhere in the Bible. If provoked to bring up Bible verse, you will say I need the Holy spirit.

Yet some people are starving. What can you say about them? Those without shelter? Those in pains without anybody to help?
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14vs 13, Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.john 16vs 24. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. John 14vs3. some people ask without working towards what they want.. wisdom is profitable to direct. we should not use prayer in place where common sense should be applied.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 1:33pm On May 27, 2018
EmpresFIDEL:
okay sir.. I can't put you through in just one day.. but one thing you should know is that it's God will for us to ask.

@bold
So it invalidates the fact that God's word in the Bible are allegorical or what? Where he claimed to be omnipotent, present, scient etc. It also invalidate the verse where god said before I was born, he knew thee? Also invalidates the psalms of David where he said the Lord is my shepherd I Shall not want?

Lemme even play the reverse ball of ya god will here. If I said it was God's will that some people will go to hell, instantly, you will object to this statement of mine.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 1:40pm On May 27, 2018
Good. Claps. I so much love the Bible. It can contradict and at same time agree with itself. Well
EmpresFIDEL:
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. John 14vs 13, Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

Matthew 6:8, "for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him."
Isaiah 65:24, "And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear."

john 16vs 24. You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions.
John 14vs3. some people ask without working towards what they want.. wisdom is profitable to direct. we should not use prayer in place where common sense should be applied.
Madam and I ask where, when do we employ prayer instead of wisdom and vice-versa.

I'm enjoying this
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 27, 2018
realmindz:

Bro I know u arent referring to Almighty GOD. Just god yeah i understand.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by opey112(m): 2:07pm On May 27, 2018
To show appreciation to God for providing the meal cos many people don't even have anything to eat.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Chochovini: 2:18pm On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Yet under the canopy of a all loving god, many still starve to death in Africa where this omni god is exalted the most cheesy

From a societal POV I guess and not biblical.

Even in car accident scenario abi?

Exactly I what I want you talk. Hard work pays and not not or god factor bullsh!t

Was it god that did the hard work undecided

This is not applicable to the doctrine of Christianity
Mycoplasma (x3) !!! how many time did I call you? In fact, U too much. Very practical and funny too.
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by Chochovini: 2:20pm On May 27, 2018
mycoplasma:

Do you thank god?

Stop playing word taekwondo here.

À response I want from you is - YES, I (ie you) THANK GOD FOR LIVES OF THOSE INVOLVED IN GHASTLY CAR ACCIDENT or YES, I (ie you) do
LOLSSSS Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 2:23pm On May 27, 2018
Chochovini:
Mycoplasma (x3) !!! how many time did I call you? In fact, U too much. Very practical and funny too.
Thanks jàre. Some Christians are just funny even tho they claim to be smart
Re: Why Do You Pray Before Taking Your Meal ? by mycoplasma: 2:24pm On May 27, 2018
Chochovini:
LOLSSSS Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
You dey laugh abi.

I want her to openly thank God for the live those who lost their lives in ghastly motor accident. Babe ran away. Some babe are beauty without rationale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ignatius Kaigama Assumes Duty As Abuja Catholic Archbishop / The Many Mistakes Of Apostle Paul's Teachings: Mistake No. 7 Correction / Why Do So Many Black People (including Nigerians) Believe In God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.