Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

My Job Interview Experience Today. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Job Interview Experience Today. (2922 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 8:23pm On May 26, 2018
Please pardon my English am not happy

On 20th of this month I saw a job post in Abuja job section on this forum for an IT personal so I applied. So on 23 I got a text around 10:30pm that I have been schedule for a job interview the next day being Wednesday 24th. First I was surprised on why this job interview in this short notice and no time was state and the address was in AREA 2.

I had to prepare myself that night against tomorrow, the address was not clear but with the help of google map I find the location. When I got there I saw alot of people in the room, some were standing so I join them.

Later they told us to write our names and I did which makes me number 16 on the list. After everyone has written down their names we were 22 who came for the interview.

Each persons spend 15 minutes and when it got to my turn , I went in so I discovered it was a online marketing role. I answered every questions I was ask and with my experience in online marketing and web development, I was able to convince the interviewer. After everything he told me to go that they will contact me on Friday being 25th so I went home.

Fast forward to Friday, I didn't get any text in the day but around 9pm I got another text that I have been schedule for second interview which is the next day 26th, but not the same address. This time it was around WUSE ZONE 2 by 11 am.

I had to start preparing for it, so I left home by 10am but was misinform by my google map of the street. I follow the map to the address but I find myself at WUSE ZONE 3 with the same street on my phone. I ask someone around about the street, that was when he told me that am in zone 3 but the map is showing zone 2 prompting the street name on my phone but when I know the address was wrong was when I check the street sign and is showing another street name. I had to start tracing my way back to zone 2.

Later when I found out that am lost by that time its around 11:12am, I decided to call the number that sent me the text. A lady pick it and I explain to her that am lost so she direct me, it took me another 15 minute before I find the address. When I went in I saw some people at the first interview in the reception but this time they were few.

10 minutes later someone came and start calling people in. It was when 3 people has already been interview that I knew that they have writing their names. I approach the lady at the reception and I told her that I don't know they are writing down names, so she took down my name which makes me number 10 also the last person on the list.

The interview took 20 minutes each so being the last person it took 4hours before it got to my turn. As the last person was going out and I was going in with my CV in my hand, I was direct to a room and I met 2 grown up men about in there last 30's or more. One of them was asking if am for the interview and I said yes. He said my name was not in the list he was holding that the 9th person that left was the last person to be interviewed.

I explain to them everything that happen and that I was not aware about the list but he was saying I came late while the 9th person came around 11:40 which I show on the list. I tried to explain everything but they refused so the other man ask me if they sent any text to me for the interview and I said yes. He told me to show him and I did. He later said I came late the it was stated that its by 11 am.

After everything they were asking me to say the truth but I still maintain what I have been saying but they refuse. I just stand there like a fool looking at these men as if I committed a crime. They said I should go that they won't conduct the interview with me. I was disappointed, wasted my time, money still this people turn me down and I was the only person in the building.

I later met the lady at the reception and I asked her that my name was not on their list, she went inside to explain to them but they turn her down. Later a guy came and was saying that I should have apologize. I was confused. Apologize for what? I explain everything but they never listen.

Later the guy said i should drop my CV that they might call me for another interview but he is not sure. I was angry not because i was never interviewed but the time, stress roaming around the street of Abuja in search of there address but still can't secure an interview. I felt they would have continue the interview with me since am the only one left in the hall. That was how i went home feeling disappointed.

E no easy for Naija but i believe e go beta.

The company name is GreenLab Tech along asmankase street , wuse zone 2.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Rubbiish(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2018
I think u should blame google map for this not the company or anyone else. Not everybody body will compromise especially when it has to do with alot of people. So next time dont rely on google map. remember dey are already thinking of how to reduce d nine, so u just made it easy for dem by coming late...
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by nanauju(f): 9:06pm On May 26, 2018
Op I really understand how frustrating this whole experience must have been.. It wasn't your fault really.
But for next time's sake(we pray such doesn't happen), saying 'I'm sorry' even while explaining ur plight would have gone a long way.
My dear, na u dey find work, not them, u need to humble, while being confident, so that they don't perceive you as arrogant and a misfit.

I pray you find better opportunities in the future. All the best

2 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by decatalyst(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2018
[s]Later the guy said i should drop my CV that they might call me for another interview but he is not sure. I was angry not because i was never interviewed but the time, stress roaming around the street of Abuja in search of there address but still can't secure an interview. I felt they would have continue the interview with me since am the only one left in the hall. That was how i went home feeling disappointed.

E no easy for Naija but i believe e go beta.

The company name is GreenLab Tech along asmankase street , wuse zone 2.[/s]

Don't ever get downcasted by this. What is yours will never elude you.

Just keep adding value to yourself while you hope for that golden opportunity. Keep your head up!

5 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 9:16pm On May 26, 2018
decatalyst:

Don't ever get downcasted by this. What is yours will never elude you.

Just keep adding value to yourself while you hope for that golden opportunity. Keep your head up!
Thanks I have moved on

1 Like

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 9:19pm On May 26, 2018
nanauju:
Op I really understand how frustrating this whole experience must have been.. It wasn't your fault really.
But for next time's sake(we pray such doesn't happen), saying 'I'm sorry' even while explaining ur plight would have gone a long way.
My dear, na u dey find work, not them, u need to humble, while being confident, so that they don't perceive you as arrogant and a misfit.

I pray you find better opportunities in the future. All the best
no arrogance here...... What I understand is that de don't want to interview me cos they looked tired so they just use this mistake to disqualify me

How humble do they want me to be, rolling on the floor begging I guess. I was cool explaining myself but their face look strong and full with anger like they saw a ghost.

All my comment to their questions was sir, sir, sir sir. I tried my best but they keep saying I came late when only two persons came by 10 am the rest came by 11: 15 till the last person 11:40. I saw it on the list they were holding.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 26, 2018
angry angry angry

☣ ☠

I hope it's not GNLD

☣ ☠
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 11:06pm On May 26, 2018
OrestesDante:
>sad >sad >sad

☣ ☠

I hope it's not GNLD

☣ ☠

Hahaha..... You just made my day. Its like they were into selling of herbal medicine or something
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by nanauju(f): 12:19am On May 27, 2018
fnep2smooth:
no arrogance here...... What I understand is that de don't want to interview me cos they looked tired so they just use this mistake to disqualify me

How humble do they want me to be, rolling on the floor begging I guess. I was cool explaining myself but their face look strong and full with anger like they saw a ghost.

All my comment to their answer was sir, sir, sir sir. I tried my best but they keep saying I came late when only two persons came by 10 am the rest came by 11: 15 till the last person 11:40. I saw it on the list they were holding.

OK.. Move on then. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by statistical: 7:56am On May 27, 2018
Na all these GNLD job joor.. That's how they do

1 Like

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2018
statistical:
Na all these GNLD job joor.. That's how they do
one of their staff was making calls and he was asking the guy on the phone to help him arraign his CV. Throughout the conversation I noticed that he was applying for another job and he was begging the guy to help him edit his CV. So I was thinking about it that why will this one be looking for another job or is it that the one he is currently working with doesn't pay fine or he doesn't like it. This was during the interview process. Lol

2 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Trendy247: 8:21am On May 27, 2018
Time to sue Google map grin
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by BiafranBushBoy: 8:35am On May 27, 2018
Next time just tell them Bleep you! before moving out...

I bet it's even a small one man biz!

Grow some balls next time.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by columbus007(m): 9:19am On May 27, 2018
op,you are so fvcking rude like say na your papa get the company,the truth was told you,simple. you should have apologized, you think nairaland will save you?go sit your ass dwn man.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by moscobabs(m): 9:49am On May 27, 2018
Nawa o una dey enjoy for this Abuja o,u get interview at 11am and left home 10am? And to make the matter worst u didnt know the location.

Traffic no dey hold una?

Trust my lagos guys , he would have left home by 6am
Face traffic for 4 hrs

Use the rest one hour to settle down for the interview.

Op pls next time say "sorry" it goes a long way in ur life

2 Likes

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Juicy24(f): 10:26am On May 27, 2018
Rubbiish:
I think u should blame google map for this not the company or anyone else. Not everybody body will compromise especially when it has to do with alot of people. So next time dont rely on google map. remember dey are already thinking of how to reduce d nine, so u just made it easy for dem by coming late...
i don't think Google Map should be blamed but the company. why would they send interview invite at 10.30pm for 11am the next day. not even up-to 12hrs preparation. no better company will do such Abeg. OP better job go come
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by satowind(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2018
Next time leave early
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 12:04pm On May 27, 2018
columbus007:
op,you are so fvcking rude like say na your papa get the company,the truth was told you,simple. you should have apologized, you think nairaland will save you?go sit your ass dwn man.
Rude how..? And what do you mean by Nairaland will save me. Just like every other people I decide to share my experience. Am not here to find any compensation, besides everything was just like a film to me. First time to experience such humiliation and you are here saying am rude. Beta go and find out what the word rude means.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2018
Trendy247:
Time to sue Google map grin
You will find me a good lawyer grin grin
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
Next time just tell them Bleep you! before moving out...

I bet it's even a small one man biz!

Grow some balls next time.
Beep up you say.... No o I don't want to spend my weekend in cell. I just kukuma carry my self commit from the building.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by columbus007(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2018
fnep2smooth:
Rude how..? And what do you mean by Nairaland will save me. Just like every other people I decide to share my experience. Am not here to find any compensation, besides everything was just like a film to me. First time to experience such humiliation and you are here saying am rude. Beta go and find out what the word rude means.
bros ok no vex,but i just have to let the truth out by not mincing words,i feel you were in a better position to have gotten the job but you refuse to say you were sorry,and how you have been sitting down there waiting on them without you knowing you were not in the list.it just simple sorry,and mind you it was a test.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 12:12pm On May 27, 2018
moscobabs:
Nawa o una dey enjoy for this Abuja o,u get interview at 11am and left home 10am? And to make the matter worst u didnt know the location.

Traffic no dey hold una?

Face traffic for 4 hrs

yea I know but with the look of things these guys are not ready to hear me out. Saying am sorry won't make a different even it will make them ride me more on a job am not sure I will be taken.

1 Like

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by fnep2smooth(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
columbus007:
bros ok no vex,but i just have to let the truth out by not mincing words,i feel you were in a better position to have gotten the job but you refuse to say you were sorry,and how you have been sitting down there waiting on them without you knowing you were not in the list.it just simple sorry,and mind you it was a test.
Test you say.... When the staffs there had to meet them to tell them about the list, even a lady there had to meet someone to convince them to give me a chance but they refuse. So how is it a test. This is not a multi national company and you are saying a test. Lol funny
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by BiafranBushBoy: 1:33pm On May 27, 2018
fnep2smooth:
Beep up you say.... No o I don't want to spend my weekend in cell. I just kukuma carry my self commit from the building.

Trust me, you are gonna feel good.

No firm in Nigeria will try that with me!!!

I advise you set up your own biz.

Then you would see all other firms as competitors instead of helpers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by nenergy(m): 3:47pm On May 27, 2018
Call/whatsapp

Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by captainamiedi1: 5:00pm On May 27, 2018
yours is even good. what happen to me on friday. i was sent message for interview at lekki i took permission from work i went. getting there i waited for some time, it gets to my turn and the idiot HRM say i should introduce myself and i did she said your qualification is higher than the role i applied for and that they need some one with a little experience in teller job and i was like are you not the same people that send me invite?? and my CV is still with them. i was provoked and she said they only have marketing for me if i will accept. i just stood up and left before i do something stupid.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 27, 2018
fnep2sm :Dooth:
one of their staff was making calls and he was asking the guy on the phone to help him arraign his CV. Throughout the conversation I noticed that he was applying for another job and he was begging the guy to help him edit his CV. So I was thinking about it that why will this one be looking for another job or is it that the one he is currently working with doesn't pay fine or he doesn't like it. This was during the interview process. Lol
Na God deliver u grin
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 27, 2018
columbus007:
From the story, he wasn't rude. The company was just looking for faults that is all
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 27, 2018
moscobabs:

Traffic no dey hold una?

Face traffic for 4 hrs

Abuja isn't congested like Lagos.
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 27, 2018
Juicy24:
i don't think Google Map should be blamed but the company. why would they send interview invite at 10.30pm for 11am the next day. not even up-to 12hrs preparation. no better company will do such Abeg. OP better job go come
A standardized company doesn't do that
Re: My Job Interview Experience Today. by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:56pm On May 27, 2018
fnep2smooth:

All my comment to their questions was sir, sir, sir sir. I tried my best but they keep saying I came late when only two persons came by 10 am the rest came by 11: 15 till the last person 11:40. I saw it on the list they were holding.
First impression matters.

You made a mistake by coming late (no matter the reason) and you were penalized for it.

It's okay. Move on.

It's part of learning experience. Thank God you did not belittle yourself by begging because the kind house boy them for take you do ehn undecided

If you are in their shoes, you might do worst
Na so. E no dey easy

I am sure you learnt something from that experience

I wish you better job in a nice though professional but friendly environment

Cheer up!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ndlea Recruitment: Applicants 2 Write Test / Offered Job>>30>>people Needed / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.