Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,831 members, 7,798,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety (8641 Views)

Stock Market Loses N71 Billion As Investors Play Safe / Equities Market Loses N170bn / Forex Reserves Gain $455m In One Week Amid Intervention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by utytill(m): 10:56am On May 27, 2018
That is change.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by Zane2point4(m): 11:00am On May 27, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/*

There are 4 groups involved:
1. The people making money
2. The people losing money.
3. The people who love to complain.
4. The folks who don't care.

Kindly read group 3 again.

/

i don't care what you think or if you're comfortable with the way things are going in Nigeria.
And don't dare you think am not very comfortable pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by Zane2point4(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/*

There are 4 groups involved:
1. The people making money
2. The people losing money.
3. The people who love to complain.
4. The folks who don't care.

Kindly read group 3 again.

/
I don't care what you think or if you're comfortable with the way things are going in Nigeria.
And don't dare you think am not very comfortable pls.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by egoldman(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2018
I thought the Nigerian Stock Exchange is among the achievements Buhari government announced recently .
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by NothingDoMe: 12:16pm On May 27, 2018
ajibolabd:
Stop blaming Ramos
I dey tell you!!!!! People are blind and biased i swearit down
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by dipoolowoo: 12:44pm On May 27, 2018
Dear SBG04, I hope you know that the late passage of the 2018 budget had a negative effect on the market. Now, what caused the late passage; disagreement between the executive and the senate.

With foreign investors knowing that election in Nigeria is just 9 months away and the budget has not been signed yet, won't they panic, knowing full well that six or five months to elections in Nigeria are used for preparations by politicians?

This and others are what investors weigh to readjust their portfolio compositions. Nobody wants to be caught unawares.

And to end this, when dog bites man, it is no NEWS, but when man bites dog, it is.

SBG04:
Mr dipoolowoo and business day, please let's be very careful with the kind of Journalism we practise. Emerging markets worldwide have been tanking since rates increased in the US. Rates in American securities are around 3.1% now, the highest since 2012. Emerging markets like Egypt, Argentina and South Africa have been feeling the heat from FPI withdrawals since February. Nigeria just started feeling it last month. The naira is now falling on the I&E window even with increasing reserves, which is unusual.
We don't hear South Africans or Argentinians playing politics with simple international economics. It's stupid Nigerians that always turn something so simple upside down. Are you telling me that out of 180million Nigerians, nobody opens Bloomberg.com or watches CNBC? Or even CNN money? It's just shameful!
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by bishop1988(m): 1:14pm On May 27, 2018
SpaceAngel:

Please watch this and know whether Nigeria was ever great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5m9Fn9RBg

Wow!!!took my time to watch the clio. The question now is how can we reclaim this honour back?
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by SpaceAngel: 1:29pm On May 27, 2018
bishop1988:

Wow!!!took my time to watch the clio. The question now is how can we reclaim this honour back?

Doubt it in this generation. The harm done is too much especially in the area of ethnic and religious divide. There is no focus or positive orientation. It has also gotten to the level where most don't even know what is right or wrong. I weep for this country.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by tiredoflife(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2018
SpaceAngel:

Please watch this and know whether Nigeria was ever great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5m9Fn9RBg

So this vidoe of a British puppet makes Nigeria great to you
Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by chukzyfcbb: 3:03pm On May 27, 2018
This is imminent, every year leading to the election year always comes with panic and uncertainty. The budget in Nigeria is always passed late, so I wonder why people feel its a buhari problem.

Political uncertainty affects the stock market, which will affect exchange rate and possibly inflationary rates.
If i were you I would stop complaining and start saving dollars, the fight has begun, let's see how much CBN is willing to defend the naira with the buoyant reserves they have.

TBills investors hang in tight, our rates may jack up a little soon smiley

The complainers and ignorant ones should keep shouting Buhari, APC! smiley
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by SBG04: 3:33pm On May 27, 2018
dipoolowoo:
Dear SBG04, I hope you know that the late passage of the 2018 budget had a negative effect on the market. Now, what caused the late passage; disagreement between the executive and the senate.

With foreign investors knowing that election in Nigeria is just 9 months away and the budget has not been signed yet, won't they panic, knowing full well that six or five months to elections in Nigeria are used for preparations by politicians?

This and others are what investors weigh to readjust their portfolio compositions. Nobody wants to be caught unawares.

And to end this, when dog bites man, it is no NEWS, but when man bites dog, it is.

Bros the NSE is being affected by FPIs pulling out of emerging markets because of happenings in the US. End of story. Stop trying to think for foreign investors! The major fund managers in the US have been talking on Bloomberg and CNBC. It's all about the dollar and yields rise in the US. Don't add your own. You are not a foreign portfolio invesror. Thank you!
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by Papertrail11(m): 5:23pm On May 27, 2018
bitcoin had its own no one is complainig
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by SpaceAngel: 7:16pm On May 27, 2018
tiredoflife:

So this vidoe of a British puppet makes Nigeria great to you
Lol

I know how much I paid on my first trip to Nigeria some decades ago and and how Nigerian was regarded some years back. I made this place my second home for a reason.
Re: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N416b In One Week Amid Political Anxiety by tiredoflife(m): 3:49am On May 28, 2018
SpaceAngel:

I know how much I paid on my first trip to Nigeria some decades ago and and how Nigerian was regarded some years back. I made this place my second home for a reason.

So how much u paid and regarding it as ur second home makes Nigeria great
Lol
Speaking like people in the city who will never live in the villages but are happy to visit and run back to sanity at the least discomfort
Nigeria wasn't great
Isn't great
And can never be great

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Patent Registered / I Am Investing 1-10 Million Naira Every Month In Persons With Bright Ideas / UBA Re-admitted Into Forex Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.