Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? (31650 Views)

My Neighbor Is Pressuring Me To Accept God / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Bishop Oyedepo Tells Muslims To Build Their Own Schools / Nails Used In Christ's Crucifixion Unearthed In A Secret Monastery Chamber (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by ollah2: 10:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
Roadmike:

What One God that is LIE

The god of ALLAH is the different from the true GOD. Hence you see they write no other God but Allah.
That in itself tells you they are not one and they same.
Allah under stands only ARABIC so they do not pray or talk to GOD in their Native dialect like Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa cause HE does not UNDERSTAND.

Besides is a terrible and scary god hence could not be approached unless you Kill another soul.

He is not a God of Humanity but rather of a Cult group that must pay abeyance to him

The god preaches hatred and discrimination unlike a loving and Fatherly God of other faith. If you are not his, you are not acceptable nor accepted.

There are a million other reasons better i stop here for others to comment.

How come it was the christian God that directed Bush to destroy Iraq which in turn killed/injured hundreds of thousands and rendered millions homeless?

Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Outofsync(m): 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2018
blessedvisky:

How do you know it was not under a condition? Did you prepare the food with him/her? Do you know of the muslims intentions by that act? Have you ever heard of "Sarra"? It's done by Yoruba Muslims (I don't know if it is called another thing in mainstream Islam) Basically what happens in Sarra is that a Muslim with a problem (Barrenness, impotence, poverty, etc) buys Some food items, chants certain Quranic passages on the food, then prepares the food and shares it to NON-MUSLIMS living within his vicinity. At least one of the people who eat such food will either die or have the same problems transferred to him/her while the problems leave the muslim. Some of the rich ones throw really big celebration parties in order to share this food usually to children and young adults (coz they still have vigour) You have to stay woke bro. It's not just any food you eat oo. Things are happening all around
To be fair, its not a Muslim thing, it's a Yoruba thing. I know Celestial folks who do the same.
I know of Christian folks who throw extravagant parties just for this purpose. If you want to be truly "woke", don't limit it to one religion
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by ollah2: 10:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
blessedvisky:

Who is more terrible? A Christian who refuses to accept Ramadan and sallah food from a Muslim or a Muslim who poisons food and shares it to Christian children? Let me know ur thoughts

You got this information from your asshole right?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by ollah2: 10:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
CSTR1003:

But they recite their verses on their food and give thanks to Allah before eating and sharing .
That is a sacrifice.

It is not different from the sacrifices the Israelites gave to Jehovah in the Old Testament.

The question now is "Are you sure we are worshipping the same God "?
Because if not, then you are endangering your Christian life.

I'd rather do without the food .

Most of you christians are full of hate and bigotry and I wonder why you are full of st!t. Muslims pray before eating and sharing food then it's becomes sacrifice but yours ain't sacrifice? Don't you pray and share food too? How is yours different from theirs?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by blessedvisky(m): 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2018
ollah2:

You got this information from your asshole right?
From yours
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by blessedvisky(m): 11:54pm On Jun 03, 2018
Outofsync:

To be fair, its not a Muslim thing, it's a Yoruba thing. I know Celestial folks who do the same.
I know of Christian folks who throw extravagant parties just for this purpose. If you want to be truly "woke", don't limit it to one religion
Ok

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by enimooko: 12:02am On Jun 04, 2018
ITbomb:
Collect, pray over it and enjoy the food
grin
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Afamed: 4:25am On Jun 04, 2018
ikennaf1:

Nawa o, I said that Allah doesn't translate to God in Arabic, while using your declaration as example.

you said its not but, but except. I said OK and applied it. you and someone said no that it is god and God, I said OK apply it to the declaration, now then you say I hate you and I lie against you. OK o
I don't need you to like me. You can't know Quran more than I do . Like I said , download a copy of Quran and learn how g and G are used separately. Don't be an hypocrate. Even the Israeli Arab knows what Allah stands for. Your Christians far away in the North in Nigeria use Allah to refer to God. You are in one village telling me what you don't know. If your Pastor has told you otherwise, wouldn't you rather keep that to yourself?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by ollah2: 4:42am On Jun 04, 2018
blessedvisky:

From yours

Mine can't be senseless to have written that kinda hogwash
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2018
sanerugwei:

Its a no brainer, even you should be able to answer that question for yourself naa.

Try to put ypur brain to work sometimes naa, or if you feel lazy, you can ask Google.

My friend, answer the simple question and stop gibbering.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:08am On Jun 04, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

Lol, go back and read his post again. The guy is telling you that the entity call Allah is different from the entity called Yahweh, eventhough they are both called by the name God in English, try and learn about the entity call Allah before Muhammad/Islam.

And I am telling him that it does not matter what you call Him; what matters is the sort of relationship you have with Him.

Only fools fight over names and ignore relationships. His posts reek of religious intolerance and it is not like he might even love his fellow Christians.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:12am On Jun 04, 2018
ikennaf1:

Allah is not the Arabic word for God. Check the following sentence made by Muslims... there is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet.
if Allah means God, then will the sentence be reasonable if its said,,, there's no God but God, and Muhammad is his prophet?

Some interpretations read "there is no god but Allah"

It simply means that the Muslims worship what they believe to be the true God and that besides this true God, other gods are false. It is the exact same belief of the Christians.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Babacele: 7:16am On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

Yes, Jesus dined with them, he didn't eat at the idol worshippers table(food offered unto idols), but from SINNERS table(food eaten without idol worship ish) you know what I mean ryt. Don't mix things up
so Muslims are idol worshipers? who are SINNERS? What makes one a SINNER?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Kaysalas(m): 7:55am On Jun 04, 2018
Babacele:
so Muslims are idol worshipers? who are SINNERS? What makes one a SINNER?
Please, don't try and change the argument, let us focus on the subject of the matter. I am not here to discuss who a sinner is with you but to tell you straight on that we do not worship the same God with the Muslims. Even they themselves know this
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Babacele: 7:59am On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

Please, don't try and change the argument, let us focus on the subject of the matter. I am not here to discuss who a sinner is with you but to tell you straight on that we do not worship the same God with the Muslims. Even they themselves know this
hmmmm do you have conscience?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Kaysalas(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2018
Babacele:
hmmmm do you have conscience?
Hehehe, what has having a conscience got to do with the issue on ground? Please, if you cannot pose relevant counter arguments strictly on the topic, please....do av a night day wink
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by SokizzRaven(m): 11:41am On Jun 04, 2018
sanerugwei:

Great.
Thanks for the enlightenment.
So do our yourba moozlim brodas pray to Eledumare, Olorun/Olohun or to Allah? Yes/No? Is Allah same as Jehovah/Yahweh? Yes/No. If yes, do moozlims everywhere pray to or ever prayed to Yahweh/Jehovah, like even Jewish moozlims to start with? Any idea why or why not?
If all this means God the creator in some other language, then it's convienent to say Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, all means the same thing. And note that no religion comes with a Language. You can google 'what is God in Arabic' on Wikipedia to gain further knowledge.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:47pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

And I am telling him that it does not matter what you call Him; what matters is the sort of relationship you have with Him.

Only fools fight over names and ignore relationships. His posts reek of religious intolerance and it is not like he might even love his fellow Christians.

And which relationship is that bro?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 2:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
CSTR1003:

But they recite their verses on their food and give thanks to Allah before eating and sharing .
That is a sacrifice.

It is not different from the sacrifices the Israelites gave to Jehovah in the Old Testament.

The question now is "Are you sure we are worshipping the same God "?
Because if not, then you are endangering your Christian life.

I'd rather do without the food .
you that prays over your food is that sacrifice? Sacrifice is a totally different thing from praying over your food before you eat.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

And which relationship is that bro?

Depends on the individual.

There are liberal Muslims whose lives are worthy of emulation. And yet, they call on the same Allah that extremists like Boko Haram members call on.

The relationship that many Jews have with Yahweh (God) is different from the relationship that many Christians have with Yahweh and yet Jews and Christians call on the same God.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Olabenjamen22(m): 2:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

There are liberal Muslims whose lives are worthy of emulation. And yet, they call on the same Allah that extremists like Boko Haram members call on.

The relationship that many Jews have with Yahweh (God) is different from the relationship that many Christians have with Yahweh and yet Jews and Christians call on the same God.
But we are talking about Christian and Muslim here.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Olabenjamen22:

But we are talking about Christian and Muslim here.

Yes, but I replied to your question concerning relationships.

Christianity and Islam are both Abrahamic religions. Ibrahim was listening to Allah the same way Abraham was listening to Yahweh. It is the same God.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Phyde: 3:21pm On Jun 04, 2018
I am a born again christian. Bring more of that food to me, i will eat and eat and request for more.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
Afamed:

I don't need you to like me. You can't know Quran more than I do . Like I said , download a copy of Quran and learn how g and G are used separately. Don't be an hypocrate. Even the Israeli Arab knows what Allah stands for. Your Christians far away in the North in Nigeria use Allah to refer to God. You are in one village telling me what you don't know. If your Pastor has told you otherwise, wouldn't you rather keep that to yourself?

Northern Christians MAY use Allah to refer to God. that doesn't mean it's correct. Most Christians are tolerant and prior to recent times, I believed that Allah means God too. If non Muslims know this I won't have bothered to post it in the first place.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the Arabic meaning of gods in small letters is illaha, which is a term for every other God including the Christian God.

Also you made mention of my pastor telling me stuff which I should have kept to myself... that's absurd coming from a person whose brothers-in-religion riot and kill most especially after Friday prayers.

lastly, Jews call God Yahweh.... I challenge you as a Muslim to declare that there is no god but Yahweh.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by ollah2: 3:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:
Hehehe, what has having a conscience got to do with the issue on ground? Please, if you cannot pose relevant counter arguments strictly on the topic, please....do av a night day wink

Yes you don't, you worship Jesus and they worship God.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Kaysalas(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Very true@ the bolded however have you ever wondered by both the Jews and the Christians both rejected Mohammed when a being appeared to Mohammed in a cave?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 6:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

Very true@ the bolded however have you ever wondered by both the Jews and the Christians both rejected Mohammed when a being appeared to Mohammed in a cave?

There is nothing to wonder there. Or perhaps, you should also wonder why:

Jews and Muslims reject Jesus Christ as the son of God

And also why the Jews and Muslims reject Paul.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Kaysalas(m): 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

There is nothing to wonder there. Or perhaps, you should also wonder why:

Jews and Muslims reject Jesus Christ as the son of God

And also why the Jews and Muslims reject Paul.
Well, the reason Jews reject Jesus is very clear to every christian, its not a biggie. They were expecting a warrior like messiah but got the lamb of God who came to take away the sins of the world.
As per rejecting Paul, it is just an extension of rejecting Jesus(very logical ryt)
However, you still managed to evade providing an answer to my question; why did the Jews and Christians reject Mohammed?
Dont sweat, I'll tell you...
Yahweh, the God Almighty, also known as Jehovah never chose a prophet outside of his adopted people(Israel in the old testament) and (christians in the new testament)
The creator of the universe never chooses someone who is a stranger as his prophet. That is the simple reason Jews and Christians rejected Mohammed after moh's encounter with the being in a cave.

So I hope I have been able to help you out of your self imposed maze
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:25pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

Well, the reason Jews reject Jesus is very clear to every christian, its not a biggie. They were expecting a warrior like messiah but got the lamb of God who came to take away the sins of the world.
As per rejecting Paul, it is just an extension of rejecting Jesus(very logical ryt)
However, you still managed to evade providing an answer to my question; why did the Jews and Christians reject Mohammed?
Yahweh, the God Almighty, also known as Jehovah never chose a prophet outside of his adopted people(Israel in the old testament) and (christians in the new testament)
The creator of the universe never chooses someone who is a stranger as his prophet. That is the simple reason Jews and Christians rejected Mohammed after moh's encounter with the being in a cave.

Which prophets did God choose in the New Testament?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:29pm On Jun 04, 2018
Kaysalas:

And Paul's rejection is not an extension of Jewish rejection of Jesus.

Jewish Christians were wary of Paul. They believed in Jesus but distrusted Paul.

How about that?
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Afamed: 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2018
ikennaf1:

Northern Christians MAY use Allah to refer to God. that doesn't mean it's correct. Most Christians are tolerant and prior to recent times, I believed that Allah means God too. If non Muslims know this I won't have bothered to post it in the first place.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the Arabic meaning of gods in small letters is illaha, which is a term for every other God including the Christian God.

Also you made mention of my pastor telling me stuff which I should have kept to myself... that's absurd coming from a person whose brothers-in-religion riot and kill most especially after Friday prayers.

lastly, Jews call God Yahweh.... I challenge you as a Muslim to declare that there is no god but Yahweh.
You have no single iota of truth in you.
Re: Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2018
Afamed:

You have no single iota of truth in you.

Accept my challenge.. Yahweh means God in Jewish culture. if Allah means God as you claim, then make the declaration... I believe that there is no god but/except Yahweh. if you don't do it then you are the one without an iota of truth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Can Mary Hear Our Prayers? / Reasons Why You Need To Pray Before Leaving Your House / Ghanaian Police Commander Orders SCOAN To Host Activities In Bigger Venues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.