Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) (23058 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa : International Friendly : (1 - 1) On 29th March 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Nigeria Vs Catalonia Friendly (1 - 1 ) On Wednesday January-2-2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by bawomolo(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2010
saemoenl:

Why Colombia , what of Germany, Italy, England or Brazil?

lol nigerians and their delusions
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by OvieE: 7:53pm On May 28, 2010
konami001:

Guys, lets quit whinning and just enjoy the "CHICKEN SHOW",

Thank you.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 28, 2010
I hope we can see the best tri-midfield we have in the country together.

Thats using Mikel, Sani Kaita and Haruna Lukman together in the midfield.

Lets see what it does in our midfield.

I will also like us to expirement with a lone striker up front with Osaze Odemienge leading the lines while Ikechukwu Uche and Obinna Nsofor start on the left and right flanks while being alert to both their attacking and defensive duties.

The best formation for our current Nigerian team is 4 - 2 - 3 - 1

Ejide/Enyeama

Suswan                                        Apam                                                                 Yobo/Dele                                                Taye Taiwo

Obi Mikel                                                                                             Sani Kaita

Ikechukwu Uche / Peter Utaka                                                        Haruna Lukman                                                       Obinna Nsofor

Osaze

Massive counter attacking football thats the only choice we have for the world cup. We do not have the quality to keep the ball like spain, Brazil or Argentina.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by CarlosVent(m): 9:42pm On May 28, 2010
its even better let lagarback know what he is suffering for.

IS IT D JUJU OF MANY NIGERIANS DAT WANTS NIGERIA TO FALL

HE WILL EVEN PREFER IF D WORLD CUP WILL BE PLAYED BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by honeric01(m): 11:04pm On May 28, 2010
let the man do his job, Nigerians, una too dey complain  tongue lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 28, 2010
honeric01:

let the man do his job, Nigerians, una too dey complain tongue lipsrsealed grin

If u nor wan complain go sleep.no be force tongue

@mikeansy

this your coaching frenzy ehn.i wonder oh.

@NFF
you guys are a bunch of super idoits. ESTACODE MY AS@!

@Guys

Whats the TA's name again? is it lagerbeer, lagerbacks, lagerbackwards, lagerstout, , i dont even know his real name again
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by hbrednic: 2:19am On May 29, 2010
south africa just beat columbia 2-1 today ( saturday) in southafrica,
how can they ( columbians) be playing agaisnt the eagles in england in less than 24hrs ?
something is definetly not right in all this,may its the columbians 4th eleven that will be meeting the eagles embarassed

enjoying my lagerstout with a tasty super chicken cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Gekko(m): 2:35am On May 29, 2010
mikeansy:

I will also like us to expirement with a lone striker up front with Osaze Odemienge leading the lines while Ikechukwu Uche and Obinna Nsofor start on the left and right flanks while being alert to both their attacking and defensive duties.

Ejide/Enyeama

Suswan                                        Apam                                                                 Yobo/Dele                                                Taye Taiwo

Obi Mikel                                                                                             Sani Kaita

Ikechukwu Uche / Peter Utaka                                                        Haruna Lukman                                                       Obinna Nsofor

Osaze

Massive counter attacking football thats the only choice we have for the world cup. We do not have the quality to keep the ball like spain, Brazil or Argentina.

Mikeansy, i like your lineup.  If they jelly well they can surprise Nigerians.  I have a slight alteration though, I rather see Victor Anichebe as the lone striker and place Osaze on that right wing to give him space to run.

Ejide/Enyeama

Osaze                                                       Haruna Lukman                                                       Obinna Nsof

V. Anichebe
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by CapnCrunch: 3:25am On May 29, 2010
Complain complain complain complain

you people are so pessimistic
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by honeric01(m): 4:51am On May 29, 2010
babaearly:

If u nor wan complain go sleep.no be force  tongue

e bi like say u like HBP abi? continue dey complain, i hope u know wetin stroke dey cause? grin

hbrednic:

south africa just beat columbia 2-1 today ( saturday) in southafrica,
how can they ( columbians) be playing agaisnt the eagles in england in less than 24hrs ?
something is definetly not right in all this,may its the columbians 4th eleven that will  be meeting the eagles  embarassed

enjoying my lagerstout with a tasty super chicken  cheesy cheesy

you must be using a late wall-clock in your house, they played one Thursday, all of a sudden, you changed it to Saturday, o ma, you get problem oo cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by supereagle(m): 6:38am On May 29, 2010
The truth is that the Nig TA does not his adequacies to be exposed lest he faces criticisms by Nigerians. He failed to get his own country WC ticket , he is not liked for that. He came to Nig, we celebrated him as the best, paid him better than what he collects in Sweden.
Nigeria mentality for you. Argentina will deal with him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by DrKitaun(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2010
U pessimists need to get a life . . .buy 1 or steal 1 f.uckever !

Lagerback would lead d boys to glory!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by meshachO(m): 7:57am On May 29, 2010
why r u guys disturbed over friendlies. colombia call for it not nigeria. Pls dat was d agreement!
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by chelseabmw(m): 9:51am On May 29, 2010
RUBBISH.I HATE NIGERIAN FOOTBALLL
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by kabarka(m): 10:26am On May 29, 2010
In the first game aganist the mecca boy,let's say they are yet to blend with each other.

Tomorrow we see how far they have improved aganist a stronger columbia.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by konami001: 12:03pm On May 29, 2010
South Africa Vs Columbia
2 1

Nigeria Vs Columbia
? ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Arctic(m): 12:32pm On May 29, 2010
Called AIT in UK. The guy on the phone didn't have a clue whether they are showing the match tomorrow.

AIT programme listing on SKY TV doesn't seem to have the match listed either.

What a mess!

It looks like no one will watch it at this rate, Great dissapointment angry

Arctic
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Arctic(m): 12:36pm On May 29, 2010
Lagerback expects more from Nigeria

By Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport

Nigeria coach Lars Lagerback wants a better performance from his side against Colombia on Sunday.

Nigeria were held to a 0-0 draw by Saudi Arabia in a warm-up match played in Wattens, Austria on Tuesday.

But Lagerback said the performance was disappointing.

A top Nigeria Football Federation official, Taiwo Ogunjobi revealed that the disappointed coach lambasted the players afterwards and admitted he has his work cut out before the World Cup.

"The coach was not happy. He was angry and disappointed with the performance of the team," Ogunjobi said.

"He also told us that he now has a lot to do before the World Cup kicks off.

"The boys did not live up to expectations and they have to do a lot better on Sunday against Colombia."

Meanwhile, the Super Eagles camp in Essex is boosted with the arrival of Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi and striker Brown Ideye on Friday.

Obi had been undergoing physiotherapy following surgery on his knee last month, raising doubts about his availability for next month's tournament.

Sochaux forward Brown Ideye resumed training with Nigeria's World Cup squad Friday morning in Essex after receiving an entry visa to the United Kingdom.

Last Saturday, Ideye failed to travel with the Nigeria team to London from Abuja because of issues with his travel papers.

"Ideye trained with the rest of the squad this morning (Friday) after he flew out of the country last night," NFF Ademola Olajire said in a press statement on Friday.

"Mikel has also joined the other players and is expected to have his first training today."

Nigeria, who are drawn with Argentina, Greece and South Korea, will also tackle North Korea in Johannesburg on 6 June before their opening Group B match against Argentina at Ellis Park Stadium, also in Johannesburg.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/africa/8712677.stm

Published: 2010/05/29 10:29:20 GMT

© BBC MMX
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by kabarka(m): 1:11pm On May 29, 2010
Mikel? Na in way be dat even if he has no injury.The same
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by 9jauk: 1:21pm On May 29, 2010
Na only 9ja,from d president to civil servant, shamble upon shamble nofink seems working right in NIGERIA,alter rubbish.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by kabarka(m): 3:02pm On May 29, 2010
because they all came into power tru the back door.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by youngbest(m): 6:13pm On May 29, 2010
Please by wat time as in the match?,
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by opsydudu(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2010
let's wait and see if the match will be broadcast live tomorrow by AIT at 6pm. I hope they would find better excuse when Nigeria take on North Korea next week. They can run but can't hide.

If the build up to the World cup is not good that doesn't mean we won't do well, at least against Greece and South Korea, we would get points no matter what happen. Count Argentina out, i won't dare watch that game. We would be second in that group and we stand the chance to meet France in 2nd round, this one no be dream oooooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by opsydudu(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2010
this is very funny

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/100528/Obasi_tops_OPTA_scores

Chinedu Obasi topped the overall OPTA assessment score? WTF is Lagerback thinking? I hope Obasi doesn't make the starting 11, he should be sub
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by medjai(m): 8:24pm On May 29, 2010
Lagerback should use start fielding the main team from this game so that there will be understanding and cohesion in their play
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by monocash: 8:34pm On May 29, 2010
we are going no where.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by hollandis(f): 8:37pm On May 29, 2010
mikeansy:

Ejide/Enyeama

Osaze

I like your line up,but Taiwo is suicidal in that position.what is Utaka doing there?I.d rather an Anchiebe than a J or P Utaka .
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by medjai(m): 9:06pm On May 29, 2010
lets not judge P Utaka yet. The Saudi game was his first national cap. Remember he scored 26 goals. Lets give him time
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by hollandis(f): 9:30pm On May 29, 2010
Unfortunately patience is not one of our elements now.We dont want no femi opabunmi all in the name of onigbinde.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Arctic(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2010
Video of Mr lagerbeck. Mostly in swedish

http://www.tv4play.se/nyheter/nyhetskanalen?videoId=1.1651211

I tried to embed it but couldn't
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 29, 2010
with this type of preparation i'm not sure we'll make any positive impact @ d wc.
Re: Nigeria Vs Colombia Friendly (1 - 1) by Arctic(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2010
The heat is on   grin

[flash=700,700]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QeezkR9Lxo[/flash]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Commonwealth Gold Medallist Nwokocha Provisionally Suspended For Doping / Salah Is Not World Class – Aiyegbeni Names Six Best African Players / Mikel Obi To Join Galatasaray?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.