Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Manchester United Stand Out Player - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Stand Out Player (1148 Views)

Predict Juventus Vs Chealsea Match And Stand A Chance To Win Free Airtime / How Your Favorite Teams Stand After Match Day 1 In The UEFA Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2018
The 2017/2018 premier league and European season have come and gone and its difficult to identify a standout outfield player, for approximately four years it is unfortunate that David De Gea has constantly been the teams best player.

which out field player do you think played exceptionally.

I think Nemaja Matic in his first season with new team mates did very well, either in a two man midfield or a three man midfield, we are yet to see a spectacular partnership and chemistry between him and Pogba, but I believe next season holds something etter for united supporters

So who was your stand out performer this season and reason

Proudlyngwa Kyase homopoliticus Hardamz
AndrewFarms BuhariSelf Dayg88
Bantino jusmudi khutie Nelsizzy zilon12
Bibidear gift01 arejibadz
Ogbeche77

Stats from

https://www.whoscored.com/players/38128/Show/Nemaja-Matic

Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Kyase(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
The 2017/2018 premier league and European season have come and gone and its difficult to identify a standout outfield player, for approximately four years it is unfortunate that David De Gea has constantly been the teams best player.

I think Nemaja Matic in his first season with new team mates did very well, either in a two man midfield or a three man midfield, we are yet to see a spectacular partnership and chemistry between him and Pogba, but I believe next season holds something etter for united supporters

Ogbeche77

Stats from

Matic and Lukaku
To me stand out amongst the rest....
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:52pm On May 29, 2018
Kyase:

Matic and Lukaku
To me stand out amongst the rest....
What makes them stand out for you.
for me it's Matic ball winning/retaining ability
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Kyase(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

What makes them stand out for you.
for me it's Matic ball winning/retaining ability
Lukaku for his goals and work rate.
Matic for bosing the midfield...

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by gift01: 10:21am On May 30, 2018
Am sorry but there was No stand out player for me. De Gea has always been our best player so winning it again was no new achievement. Matic and Lukaku are doing the job they were brought to do. We had underachievers like Pogba, Martial and Sanchez. McTominay was the revelation of the season. That's all for me
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:49pm On May 30, 2018
Kyase:
Lukaku for his goals and work rate.
Matic for bosing the midfield...

I won't call Lukaku a stand out player, he was wasteful and clumsy, in most matches.

I think lack of serious competition really limited him.

Matic was a boss
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:51pm On May 30, 2018
gift01:
Am sorry but there was No stand out player for me. De Gea has always been our best player so winning it again was no new achievement. Matic and Lukaku are doing the job they were brought to do. We had underachievers like Pogba, Martial and Sanchez. McTominay was the revelation of the season. That's all for me
I think Matic tried this was his first season at United, but lack of a preferred formation from the manager and no regular partner hindered him.
let's hope we can see a better midfield combo next season
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by AndrewFarms(m): 2:13am On Jun 01, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Ogbeche77

Stats from

David DeGea impressed as usual...
Matic was superb....
Lukaku also did well by better morata....
The midfield trio of matic hererra and pogba showed some potential
The defense is what i am afraid of....
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by AndrewFarms(m): 2:17am On Jun 01, 2018
gift01:

Team integration made them underachievers...
Our midfield trio wasn't stable to late in the season...
Martial was almost out of the team setup than in....
Sanchez isn't that generational player who can carry a team on his back, he is more of like an assistant.... Eg barca
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2018
AndrewFarms:

David DeGea impressed as usual...
Matic was superb....
Lukaku also did well by better morata....
The midfield trio of matic hererra and pogba showed some potential
The defense is what i am afraid of....

Like I said I go with Matic as the stand out performer, Lukaku had too many off days, and was clumsy with his first touch, the reluctance of Mou to give him serious competition really affected him.
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Kyase(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I won't call Lukaku a stand out player, he was wasteful and clumsy, in most matches.

I think lack of serious competition really limited him.

Matic was a boss
yea matic stands out above them all but Lukaku deserve some praise....
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kyase:
yea matic stands out above them all but Lukaku deserve some praise....

Lukaku was our best forward player, but I think he didn't do exceptional compared to zlatan who is ten years his senior last season.

I believe if Martial was given half the opportunity Lukaku and end of season Sanchez was given, he would have also done well
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Kyase(m): 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Lusaka was our best forward player, but I think he didn't do exceptional compared to zlatan who is ten years his senior last season.

I believe if Martial was given half the opportunity Lusaka and end of season Sancreed was given, he would have also done well
lol at Lusaka.
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kyase:
lol at Lusaka.

Don't blame me auto correct is an idiot
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Kyase(m): 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
grin
Proudlyngwa:

Don't blame me auto correct is an idiot
It's allowed....
But seriously Lukaku needs supply.
We'll see the best of him next season....
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2018
Kyase:
grin
It's allowed....
But seriously Lukaku needs supply.
We'll see the best of him next season....

That takes us to our next topic for tomorrow,
Manchester United preferred formation
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by Kyase(m): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

That takes us to our next topic for tomorrow,
Manchester United preferred formation
alright will be waiting to say my own tomorrow.....
Re: Manchester United Stand Out Player by AndrewFarms(m): 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Like I said I go with Matic as the stand out performer, Lukaku had too many off days, and was clumsy with his first touch, the reluctance of Mou to give him serious competition really affected him.

My guy create a thread to discuss on the upcoming season kits...

cc Proudlyngwa Kyase homopoliticus Hardamz
Bibidear gift01 arejibadz Ogbeche77

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Can Still Qualify Even With Juventus Drawing / Stoke City Vs Liverpool [2 - 0] On Saturday 13th November 2010 / Got Problem With Creating A Tournament Fixture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.