Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari (10456 Views)

Godwin Emefiele Joined Buhari In Islamic Prayer In Throwback Photo / GEJ Calls Reno Omokri Asks Him To Show Mercy And Respect To PMB / Nigerians react to Governors From Niger Republic who Joined Buhari To Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by murecool(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2018
EVER SEEN A LYING PASTOR?

“Pastor” Reno Omokri is forcing me to do what I don’t do. I don’t react to published criticisms. I have spent my entire career in the media and as one who criticizes others; you must be ready to take criticism.

This is about exposing a liar masquerading as a pastor. By the way, I have known and worked with exemplary pastors who are decent and from whom you learned more of the etiquette of truth telling.

Take for example Pastor Emeka Izeze and his brother, Pastor Ifeanyi, or his friend, Pastor Segun Babatope. And lately, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President and Pastor Femi Adesina.

For those Reno tried to mislead, yes it is a fact that I worked in the media office of a PDP administration. Not for five years as the new-day pastor published but only for six months at which point it was announced on NTA news, to my surprise, that my letter of resignation had been accepted when I hadn’t written any. I learned of course that I was fired because the head of the country at that time, who believed that every published criticism was sponsored by an insider, read the weekly magazine, The News, and didn’t like what was written about him.

Another point the “Pastor” keeps making is that he was my colleague at that time. No, he wasn’t. His boss was. The Reno I knew was a Personal Assistant (PA) to a Principal Officer like me. He didn’t attend meetings and didn’t receive official briefings as we did but ran errands for his boss.

Not being a principal officer by status, he could not have had an office opposite my own. He may, however, have perched on a stool in one of those offices but I didn’t take particular notice of which one. He was, however, very personable at that time.

“Pastor’’ Reno lied by calling me an AGIP - meaning an unprincipled person ready to serve any government in power. The period he was referring to was one in which my boss ran into bad political weather and some of us around him were scapegoated. I was locked in DSS detention many times, my houses in Kano and Abuja broken into and valuables, including cash some of which were never returned were seized. I was going to court for two years and for the most part of which I didn’t have a passport. In the course of that trial, the judge presiding called back my lawyers, Niyi Akintola, SAN and Rickey Tarfa, SAN, after an adjournment to say that “I didn’t mean that he should be kept in DSS detention. I said he should be taken to Kuje Prison,” and that’s where I was kept. Under detention in the DSS I was stripped down to the pants and photographed head to toe. All that didn’t make one to capitulate.

When they lost to Muhammadu Buhari in the party primaries, the candidates in that race, Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, Waziri Atiku Abubakar, Rochas Okorocha and Sam Nda-Isaiah surrendered their media assets to the winner who had the grace to ask me to lead the media team. When we won, he (then President-elect Buhari) invited me to serve as one of his two spokespersons and I pledged 100 per cent loyalty to him and that’s where I am. This cannot be AGIP by any standards.

Reno should stop lying, if only to help the pastoral calling to retain its good name. Otherwise he should quit the ministry.

Garba Shehu is Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity)

May 27, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/GarShehu/status/1000797320487763969

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by NwaNimo1(m): 6:55pm On May 27, 2018
All Na propaganda ......

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Daviddson(m): 7:28pm On May 27, 2018
To say that Reno is bringing ridicule to the name of God, is to make an understatement. His criticisms are always offcolour and full of exaggeration and insults. That's the difference between him and pastor Tunde Bakare. The latter has been criticising Buhari, but he does it with decorum, not making silly comments and wanting to air your opinion on every issue and even having to insult animals owned by the president. How shameful!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by yarimo(m): 7:41pm On May 27, 2018
I pity anyone that see RENO OMOKRI as role model

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by SweetJoystick(m): 7:42pm On May 27, 2018
breeze don blow, fowl yansh don open grin BTW Osinbajo and Adesina don drop their pastoral calling, na their belle calling them dey do now

8 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by psucc(m): 7:42pm On May 27, 2018
Take for example Pastor Emeka Izeze and his brother, Pastor Ifeanyi, or his friend, Pastor Segun Babatope. And lately, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, the Vice President and Pastor Femi Adesina.

Can Shehu, from the bosom of his heart tell his grandchildren that these duo kept their pastoral callings (if at all they ever) during their days in power?

8 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by ifeanyibxt: 8:03pm On May 27, 2018
Let the game start.... Onye gba oso npa ya... I trust reno my man....

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:13pm On May 27, 2018
murecool:
EVER SEEN A LYING PASTOR?

By the way, I have known and worked with exemplary pastors who are decent and from whom you learned more of the etiquette of truth telling.

Garba Shehu is Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity)

May 27, 2018
So Femi Adesina is also a pastor Chai!

Osibanjo wey you call spoil everything undecided

It means that these people are docile, they are not telling you the truth undecided

I guess Tunde Bakre cannot be your friend for speaking against Buhari undecided

As far as I am concern Reno raised serious issues which you did not counter but debating petty things like pepper seller

So proud of himself! Just because you are privileged of a position that is not by merit

Calling a man like yourself an errand boy

That shows the kind of people serving us in this country

Garba Shehu, you are very stupid for saying that

Mtcheeeeew

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:28am On May 28, 2018
Lol
Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:30am On May 28, 2018
yarimo:

I really pity anyone who believe Buhary is not kworupt.

Anyone who also believe this fraudulent administration will deliver CHANGE should be banish to the evil forest.

26 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by focus7: 7:32am On May 28, 2018
Is Reno a pastor? I doubt if he has not sold his soul for money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by geozone: 7:32am On May 28, 2018
its not over yet!
Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Pavore9: 7:33am On May 28, 2018
"new-day pastor" cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:34am On May 28, 2018
It's unfortunate this advice is coming from a muslim

Reno is not a pastor, just using that tag to attract sympathy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:34am On May 28, 2018
focus7:
Is Reno a pastor? I doubt if he has not sold his soul for money.

Like the fraudulent evil man in Aso rock who promised CHANGE but delivering CHAIN-GE.

4 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by maxiuc(m): 7:35am On May 28, 2018
angry

So this is the only one you want to defend yourself abi

Shehu abi nsiewu Reno said many things about you and your dullard pay Master we also want you to prove him wrong

Reno please fire on ,the Gates of buhari shall not fall prevail

6 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by trapQ: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
Reno has not insulted anyone. He spoke the truth.
Are Buhari's cows not homosexuals? Otherwise what stopped them from reproducing for 3 years now?
Daviddson:
To say that Reno is bringing ridicule to the name of God, is to make an understatement. His criticisms are always offcolour and full of exaggeration and insults. That's the difference between him and pastor Tunde Bakare. The later has been criticising Buhari, but he does it with decorum, not making silly comments and wanting to air your opinion on every issue and even having to insult animals owned by the president. How shameful!

5 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by ViaFast: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
grin grin
Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by MrPresident1: 7:36am On May 28, 2018
grin
Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by trapQ: 7:36am On May 28, 2018
Reno is a good role model , at least he hasn't incited his members to violence like your Islamic clerics would do.
yarimo:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by AceRoyal: 7:36am On May 28, 2018
My problem with this government and it's followers, is that they always prefer to attack the personality of anyone who speak out against the government instead of the issues raised. Especially when they have nothing intelligent to counter the opposition.

Why is Garba Shahu trying to subtly and unintelligently bring religion into this?
Presidential persons for this administration most times do more harm than good when they speak. Speaking out of sentiments(bitterness and hatred), instead of intelligently and logically.

Mention the lies Reno said and counter them with the truth and facts. Calling him names and trying to malign his personality is very unintelligent and unpresidential.

If Reno is a lying Pastor, I wonder what we'll call Osinbanjo and Femi Adesina?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by obailala(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2018
Reno, pastor; Femi adesina, pastor cheesy
Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by MrPresident1: 7:37am On May 28, 2018
cheesy
Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by BigSarah(f): 7:37am On May 28, 2018
The only lying pastor I know is OSINBANJO grin

Meanwhile

Please Nairalanders I need Your Help With IT/SIWES Placement

Course: Microbiology
Duration : 3months

Check Signature For Contact
Thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by brodalokie: 7:38am On May 28, 2018
Just call him a politician, but pastor? Man, don't even go there...
I wonder why a pastor will be having a different revelation than the prophet for his generation. There's something called the present truth. Any pastor that is not tune in is not right.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by EarthXmetahuman: 7:39am On May 28, 2018
So Reno is also a pastor?

Wonder shall never end.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by midolian(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2018
Another point the “Pastor” keeps making is that he was my colleague at that time. No, he wasn’t. His boss was. The Reno I knew was a Personal Assistant (PA) to a Principal Officer like me. He didn’t attend meetings and didn’t receive official briefings as we did but ran errands for his boss.

Not being a principal officer by status, he could not have had an office opposite my own. one.He may, however, have perched on a stool in one of those offices but I didn’t take particular notice of which one. He was, however, very personable at that time.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by AnanseK(m): 7:39am On May 28, 2018
Reno “The errand boy” grin, he is still on errand.

1 Like

Re: Garba Shehu Calls Reno Omokri "A Lying Pastor", Reveals How He Joined Buhari by Wasky101: 7:40am On May 28, 2018
Ok, continue exposing each other

In other news
IPhone 7+ rose gold 32gb with original charger and pack-180k
IPhone 5 16gb black with original charger and pack-35k

(1) (2) (Reply)

55 Party Chairmen Reject PDP Call For Mahmood Yakubu's Resignation / FCTA Seals Ministry Of Works, Merit House, FCC, Others / Lagos: Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Heads To Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.