Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:42 AM

28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa (10800 Views)

Agbori Better: Professional Female Barber In Bayelsa (Photos) / Oil Workers Block Imo Govt House, Demand Salaries (photo) / Sacked Oil Workers Protest Unpaid Severance Packages In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by alphonsojaybaz: 5:54am On May 28, 2018
28 OIL WORKERS TRAPPED, 100 RESCUED IN CONOIL FIRE ACCIDENT IN BAYELSA
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/05/28-oil-workers-trapped-100-rescued-in.html

Investigations have revealed that 28 oil workers were still trapped on the ConOil platform in Koluama 1 community of Southern Ijaw in Bayelsa State, after it was engulfed by fire on Saturday morning. No less than 100 oil workers were confirmed rescued yesterday. The fire, which was confirmed by the Joint Military Task Force in the Niger Delta , codenamed Operation Delta Safe, started around 5am on Saturday and has blew up the oil platform and razed down the residential area of oil workers. The rescued workers have been flown to Port Harcourt on Rivers. While the others are still trapped in their residence with fire fighters and locals battling to put off the fire and save the helipad. Eyes Of Lagos gathered yesterday that the fire fighters, who were flown into the community on Saturday from Port Harcourt, Rivers State , were assisted by indigenes of Koluama 1 and other fishing communities in the area. A source, who was part of the indigenes who is assisting in the rescue and evacuation operation, told Eyes Of Lagos that though the oilfield is operated by ConOil, the oil rig is owned by Depthwize Nigeria, an oil services firm working at the oil block operated by Conoil Nigeria Limited . The rig is located within Nigeria’s territorial waters in the Atlantic Ocean off Koluama community in Southern Ijaw area of the state. Spokesman for the OPDS, Maj. Abdullahi Ibrahim , who confirmed the incident on Saturday, said that all personnel on board the rig were successfully evacuated. He said that the fire was already under control due to the efforts of firefighters , adding that no life was lost .

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by AshCoded(m): 6:02am On May 28, 2018
all is well.... I pray they will b found unharmed nd well

5 Likes

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:30am On May 28, 2018
THANK GOD FOR THEIR LIVES.
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Finstar: 7:31am On May 28, 2018
God is great.. Accident is not our portion..

Visit www.entmirror.com for all. Business ideas..

1 Like

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by lonelydora: 7:32am On May 28, 2018
Accidents don't just happen, they are Caused.

Thank God no life was lost.

Nigerian workers and flaunting safety rules are like 5 & 6.
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:32am On May 28, 2018
shocked

Hmmmmm?

Fire?
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:33am On May 28, 2018
What is Conoil doing in SS? I thought they said Ondo and Lagos have oil? Adenuga, Alakinja, Otedola, Folawinyos; all leave their SW oil claimed region to come to SS? Afonjas deceiving and fooling themselves. Why can't Asari Dokubo and Tompolo float an oil company or partner with foreign investors; drill and share the profits among the SS? Instead of these afonjas taking what's not theirs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:33am On May 28, 2018
Finstar:

Amen
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Samuel1106(m): 7:34am On May 28, 2018
OK fp.
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Blessedman3056: 7:34am On May 28, 2018
I pray the remaining oil workers trapped will come out alive.

1 Like

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by WhoBeThisMan: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
I pray for them, that God will protect the traped workers and help the rescuers get to them on time. In Jesus name amen
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by bigpicture001: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
that's one of the reasons oil companies pay very high...HAZARDOUS risk!!!
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by pengriffix: 7:35am On May 28, 2018
I pray they all get out alive.
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by lonelydora: 7:36am On May 28, 2018
sean1000x:
What is Conoil doing in SS? Why can't Asari Dokubo and Tompolo float an oil company or partner with foreign investors; drill and share the profits among the SS? Instead of these afonjas taking what's not theirs

You have started again.

8 Likes

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by BigSarah(f): 7:37am On May 28, 2018
Brutal

Meanwhile

Please Nairalanders I need Your Help With IT/SIWES Placement

Course: Microbiology
Duration : 3months

Check Signature For Contact
Thanks
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Nobody: 7:37am On May 28, 2018
lonelydora:

You have started again.

Useless afonja

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by ednut1(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2018
Damn. Bloggers funny sha. 'Eye of lagos gathered' indeed. U wey dey ur room. Original article is from leadership
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by franchuks(m): 7:38am On May 28, 2018
Wishing them well and quick response from the authority. One of the hazards of this kind of job.
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by diablos: 7:39am On May 28, 2018
Finstar:

People got trapped and all u could type is "God is great.. Accident is not our portion.." so your god decided it was their portion to be trapped while doing their legitimate jobs? Clap hands for your god angry
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Wasky101: 7:39am On May 28, 2018
Sad

In other news
IPhone 7+ rose gold 32gb with original charger and pack-180k
IPhone 5 16gb black with original charger and pack-35k

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Daniel058(m): 7:44am On May 28, 2018
Hopefully all the trapped 28 workers come out unharmed..

May #Godwin
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by articlewriter: 7:47am On May 28, 2018
28 trapped and 100 rescued, what a terrible statistics !!!
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Icon4s(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2018
5am, that is when most Oil facilities fire normally start.

Why? People in the kitchen making breakfast typically start off those fires.

I have experienced one before. Not a good situation to find one's self.
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by seunlayi(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2018
God will aid they'd rescue, tired of bad news
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by obasig: 7:53am On May 28, 2018
P
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by emezuo17: 7:57am On May 28, 2018
I was onboard, every one was rescued, but some people had to be kept back to safeguard the facility, the fire was put off successfully by agip rescue and community boys and some of our staff who were left behind, nobody is trapped and the accommodation part of the facility was not affected.

6 Likes

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by deic9(m): 8:12am On May 28, 2018
sean1000x:
What is Conoil doing in SS? I thought they said Ondo and Lagos have oil? Adenuga, Alakinja, Otedola, Folawinyos; all leave their SW oil claimed region to come to SS? Afonjas deceiving and fooling themselves. Why can't Asari Dokubo and Tompolo float an oil company or partner with foreign investors; drill and share the profits among the SS? Instead of these afonjas taking what's not theirs

Wisdom fall on you.
So you mean the only models you as a responsible Ijaw man have are Asari and Tompolo?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by deic9(m): 8:16am On May 28, 2018
emezuo17:
I was onboard, every one was rescued, but some people had to be kept back to safeguard the facility, the fire was put off successfully by agip rescue and community boys and some of our staff who were left behind, nobody is trapped and the accommodation part of the facility was not affected.

Do you know the cause of the fire?
Please kindly mail me post fire pictures if you have them, thanks
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by Nobody: 8:20am On May 28, 2018
sean1000x:

You're very ignorant of how oil companies operate. If the FG gave you an oil block on a platter today, I can bet that it will be useless to you, because your pathetic broke self doesn't just have the financial muscles to carry out exploration and production activities.

5 Likes

Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by tobillionaire(m): 8:23am On May 28, 2018
emezuo17:
pls is an oil rig like a typical ship? explain to me how it looks if you don't mind
Re: 28 Oil Workers Trapped, 100 Rescued In Conoil Fire Accident In Bayelsa by CarlosTheJackal: 8:29am On May 28, 2018
sean1000x:

Useless afonja
You are going mad with nobody to tell you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Quit My Job To Pursue More Education ? / Should I Take Phd Positions Or Job Offers? Need Advice / Surviving The Nigerian Job Search: A Humorous Guide To Finding Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.