Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Evils Of The New Verve Card By Banks In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Evils Of The New Verve Card By Banks In Nigeria (1720 Views)

Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering / Banks In Dilemma Over Idle $5bn Deposits / The 25 Consolidated Banks In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Evils Of The New Verve Card By Banks In Nigeria by Fant(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2010
It is very unfortunate that most of the financial institutions in Nigeria whom we so much believe in to keep our money safe for us are now thieves. All they now do is to always plot a way through which they can exploit their customers. Just of recent, i received a text from my bank {BANK PHB} notifying me that N1000 has been withdrawn from my account. When i went to ask why, i was told it was for ATM card. This means that they purposely changed every one's card so that they can now charge 1000 for the issuance of another. And to further confuse their customers, they gave the card a new name {verve card}. Anyway, that wasn't the main problem, this is it. They now told me that the bank now charges a monthly fee of N50 for the maintenance of the verve card. This got me angry and i now decided to abandun the account for Oceanic bank. After opening my new account with Oceanic bank, i was informed that they too now charge N100 for the maintenance of the new verve card. Now, the question is: how much interest do these banks give monthly that warranted such charges and are we surposed to pay the bank for keeping our money or they are the ones that are surposed to pay us interest for investing our money in their private businesses. Also, apart from these two banks other banks has also started this exploitation and it seems to be a national policy. What is Sanusi Lamido still doing in that office Ehh!! What is he still doing there?
Re: The Evils Of The New Verve Card By Banks In Nigeria by magragold(m): 11:45pm On May 31, 2010
Shit happens everyday in the Banking Sector, the most fraudulent bank is Intercontinental Bank that deducts 'INVISIBLE' sums ranging from N150-400 from your account anytime there is a transaction, just tired of complaining! sad
Re: The Evils Of The New Verve Card By Banks In Nigeria by dominique(f): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2010
where do you think all the money they're using to sponsor all sorts of thing on cable is coming from? first intercontinental bank deducted from my account, then GTB. it's getting frustrating and irritating. if i can find a way to rid myself of these silly banks, i gladly will.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Nigerian Open An Account With Alertpay. / What Do You Think About Smallbusiness.com.ng? / How To Start A Paper Recycling Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.