Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection (31242 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / How Can I Be Recruited Into The Nigerian Army Without Connection? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Islie: 8:43pm On May 28, 2018

Ebiseri Aginighan, a young Nigerian, has narrated how he secured a Federal Government job in Abuja without any connection to top government officials.

In a series of tweets via @mrebis, Aginighan explained how he volunteered to work without pay at a seminar in Lagos, only to leave the event with automatic employment in Abuja following effusive praise from the organisers about his role in the success of the seminar.

“In August 2017, my brother in-law whom I stayed with in Lagos told me of a seminar for professionals from my ethnic group (#IPASeminar4) and forwarded the email to me,” he wrote.

“We planned to attend for networking and also to hear the conversations around developing our region (NigerDelta) from the panelists and the keynote speakers. That night I was inspired to reach out to the organisers of the event to volunteer my services in Media.

“I got an email address from the email and I sent them the mail shown below:
“‘Hello, Good morning and I hope this email meets you well. My name is Ebiseri Aginighan, I am Ijaw. And I got forwarded the email for the IPA seminar for Sunday August 20, 2017.

I decided to contact you if there is any reason you will need help as I can volunteer any of the following services for the event. Social media representation (FB and Twitter post with a hashtag all through the seminar).

Live streaming of the seminar so everyone from around the globe can be part of it. I will be glad to be of help
Thanks for your time. Kind regards. Ebiseri Aginighan.”

He received a reply the following morning and it was positive.

He continued: “The next morning I got a reply of how happy they would be to have me help them, so she asked what resources I needed to do what I had to do.

"Any broadband internet modem would suffice, I replied.

“All was to be made available. I went on to use Photoshop to design countdown designs and shared on Twitter, Facebook, on the hashtag I created #IPASeminar4
“So I was to manage social media for the event, Livestream the event on Youtube, and record video as well. Didn’t do this all alone, an assistant was provided on my request.

“That Sunday of the event, I left early enough to beat Lagos traffic to get to the venue in good time (Muson Centre).
I got there, set up the Livestream, the video camera, and sent tweets.

“The event kicked off and all went well, with the Keynote speaker being a high-ranking government official, a Special Adviser to the President.

“Towards the end of the event, the President of the Association began his vote of thanks speech. Thanked everyone who attended and all the guests, then went on to specially thank a young man, a son of the Ijaw nation, who reached out to them to make the event more remarkable.

“The president said that a friend of his in Canada was able to watch the event live and also some others who couldn’t attend from outside Lagos. Where is that young man? Please stand up for recognition. It didn’t click immediately that I was the one being introduced.

“All eyes turned towards me with rounds of applause. I was asked to come out to sell my market (introduce myself). I came out, the keynote speaker also stood up, asked me a few questions up on stage and took me by the hands and announced to all present.

‘I have employed this one already, I will take him to Abuja, to encourage other young ones to continue doing good.’

“2 weeks after that, I started work in the office of the SA in Abuja all from sending an email of my offering to volunteer. Skills that helped:
1) Basic Graphics Design.
2) Being able to Livestream to Youtube. These days FB live makes this easier.

“Whilst everyone's path will differ, it is important we make moves, and shoot shots. As the labour market is competitive, bringing your extra is expedient.

“Though I have a B. Eng and an MSc from reasonably good schools, these things, though very important, became secondary.

As it appeared, I had already demonstrated useful and valuable competence.

“We can be lucky, favoured or blessed, we may never know or experience these if we don't take the initiative to make moves, shoot shots, place some calls, and send some mails. Just try and keep trying and by God's grace your efforts will meet with favour (luck). Cheers and best wishes.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/28/how-young-nigerian-got-federal-government-job-abuja-—-without-any-connection

132 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nbote(m): 8:57pm On May 28, 2018
I'm impressed.. Dis is motivating.. Instead of sitting down waiting for work, find work and do it for free if U have to..

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by GOFRONT(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2018
grin

That's his luck..........

But where is NwaAmaikpe??

6 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by VampireeM(f): 9:01pm On May 28, 2018
I thought he applied for a federal job without knowing anyone and passed through the process and was employed. From his story, its still CONNECTION that got him the job.
Congrats to him! Indeed Smart work and Diligence takes one places.

156 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Appdriod: 9:43pm On May 28, 2018
Congratulation sharp guy

...Imagine how skewed our system has become... getting a government job without 'connection' is news.

‘I have employed this one already, I will take him to Abuja, to encourage other young ones to continue doing good.’

Meanwhile...is this how to get a government job?
This can only happen where there is no due process...
No interview, nothing...the job was used to appreciate your service...no need for qualifications etc...this one bad pass connection self.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2018
I have employed this one already, I will take him to Abuja, to encourage other young ones to continue doing good ---- Special Adviser to the President.

Heading differs from Story line lipsrsealed

Did He Apply for the Job?

Was the Job Advertised By the Civil Service Comission or Government Parastatal?

Is the Special Adviser the Human Resource Director?

He Had to Meet a Special Adviser before he could get a Government Job? What is it called? grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2018
Ok.. smiley
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 28, 2018
K
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by awoofawoo: 9:45pm On May 28, 2018
One Spirit is telling me to go to the police� station in my Street and shout transmission!!!!!!!
���

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Giddymoney(m): 9:45pm On May 28, 2018
You applied for a job, got a job ehn?

Am I the one that will get the job for you?
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by nazablossom(f): 9:46pm On May 28, 2018
Connection still played a part, but congratulations are in order. Good luck to him.

3 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 28, 2018
Appdriod:
Imagine how skewed our system has become... getting a government job without 'connection' is news

That is the biggest testimony in churches today o.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by selemempe: 9:47pm On May 28, 2018
awoofawoo:
One Spirit is telling me to go to the police� station in my Street and shout transmission!!!!!!!
���
My brother dont. Thats a spirit of confusion

23 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by nazablossom(f): 9:47pm On May 28, 2018
awoofawoo:
���
Don't allow your village people to win this war abeg grin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by yipata: 9:48pm On May 28, 2018
WISDOM IS PROFITANLE AND EXPEDIENT.
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 28, 2018
Appdriod:
Imagine how skewed our system has become... getting a government job without 'connection' is news
It's a miracle for a non northerner to get a government job in buhari's regime .

6 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by chykmoni(m): 9:49pm On May 28, 2018
They were two God fathers (GF) in this story. Firstly, the brother-in-law who got the information for him and secondly, the man that told him he has employed him already. Baba apply for FRSC or Nigerian prison that is ongoing without any GF. If you like run like Usain Bolt during their screening exercise, you won't get any shishi.

7 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Gangster1ms: 9:50pm On May 28, 2018
Me wey don volunteer tire nothing click. Instead i lost my money cry

6 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 28, 2018
awoofawoo:
���
Nothing go happen.Most policemen are illiterates.They don't know what is trending.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by BlackHatNaija: 9:51pm On May 28, 2018
Congrats to him
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 28, 2018
Gangster1ms:
And na big oga for government dey swindle job seekers pass.

2 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by lonelydora: 9:52pm On May 28, 2018
I knew it will land here from Twitter
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 28, 2018
Islie:

http://saharareporters.com/2018/05/28/how-young-nigerian-got-federal-government-job-abuja-—-without-any-connection

"“2 weeks after that, I started work in the office of the SA in Abuja all from sending an email of my offering to volunteer. Skills that helped:
1) Basic Graphics Design.
2) Being able to Livestream to Youtube. These days FB live makes this easier.

“Whilst everyone's path will differ, it is important we make moves, and shoot shots. As the labour market is competitive, bringing your extra is expedient.

“Though I have a B. Eng and an MSc from reasonably good schools, these things, though very important, became secondary. "

I've said it on here before. I will hire only people that can provide solutions and benefit to me. Your college degree, while a good achievement, will not get you hired with me. And if I have to fill in a position that may require a college degree due to requirements, it will only be one from a public institution that was in existent before 1980.
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 28, 2018
VampireeM:
I thought he applied for a federal job without knowing anyone and passed through the process and was employed. From his story, its still CONNECTION that got him the job.
Congrats to him! Indeed Smart work and Diligence takes one places.

You're smart. I was thinking the exact same thing. He got connected but is in denial that he did. No one, I repeat, no one can work for the government without knowing someone who knows someone.

5 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 28, 2018
Nbote:
I'm impressed.. Dis is motivating.. Instead of sitting down waiting for work, find work and do it for free if U have to..

Millions of Nigerians de find work to do for free sef to no avail.

1 Like

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by DeOTR: 9:58pm On May 28, 2018
nazablossom:
Don't allow your village people to win this war abeg grin
SMH grin

4 Likes

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by donnie(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2018
I like this story. This is the kind of attitude young people should have.

Congrats boy.
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by okomile(f): 9:59pm On May 28, 2018
Joke

He played on the organizers inexperience and got the job

Anyway, congratulations

1 Like

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by bukolabeauty09(f): 10:00pm On May 28, 2018
Gangster1ms:
don't be discouraged , your helper will locate u soon or u locate your helper soon. Don't stop the kind act. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by Mikeross62: 10:01pm On May 28, 2018
Cool
Re: Ebiseri Aginighan: I Got A Federal Government Job In Abuja — Without Connection by azelab: 10:03pm On May 28, 2018
this one is also connection.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happening Now:candidates To Write Nigeria Navy Exams Asked To Sit On The Floor / CP Frank Mba: South-South, South-East, Lagos Not Applying for Police jobs / How Using A Blackberry Might Prevent You From Getting A Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.