Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content (2230 Views)

8 Easy Ways To Get Quality Backlinks / 8 Easy Steps On How To Get Your Blog Approve By Adsense In Last Than 48-hour / I Failed Google Adsense Verification. Please What Do I Do Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 1:44am On May 29, 2018
Failed content evaluation tips: So you have done your research very well and put together what you feel and think is a quality piece of content. You have included it in your direct emails, had initial interest and you have driven it out on social, however the content has basically failed since then.

Read Also: Top 5 Online Money Making Ideals for Everybody

Nobody is visiting the content organically and nobody is linking back to it or sharing it. Obviously, something must have been done wrong, don’t blame the system it’s all your blame, now get over it and then let’s go back to work.

#1. REVIEW YOUR RANKINGS

Probably the most simple failed content evaluation tip on the rundown and should be your go-to as your benchmark. Do a basic google search with a keyword that you think your content is going to service.

Take each and every link that sits over your content in the rankings and place them into a spreadsheet and start reviewing them one after the other.

This activity should calm you down and give you an idea of what unrivaled content is. Since you know where the bar is you have a decision. You can either choose it’s not worth the effort and surrender right now or raise current standards and seek after that number one spot.

#2. REVIEW THE CONTENT LENGTH

Content comes in all sizes and shapes and can be successful even in short form however this is the special case, not the rule. The general rule is long-form, works best and don’t give individuals a chance to disclose to you any extraordinary size does make a difference.

Review your competitors and see to what extent and in-depth their competing content is and afterward just make yours longer. This does not mean padding the point you are trying to make and stuffing it with repeated paragraphs, which will simply put off readers.

#3. YOUR SOCIAL INFLUENCE REVIEW

Like what I said in failed content evaluation tip 1 in regards to rankings, utilize that same spread-sheet you put together and compare your social engagement and that of your rivals.

What number of Facebook, Twitter, google+, Pinterest and Linkedin interactions does each post have? When you have that data you know what number of social interactions you will require to beat your competitors in the event that you have superior content.

Similar to what I mentioned in tip 1 regarding rankings, use that same excel sheet you put together and compare your social engagement with that of your competitors.

#4. REVIEW WHAT YOUR AUDIENCE LIKES

The lion’s share of your traffic will originate from your existing readers and their network. They are the ones that willing to engage with your content and share it among their interest group.

For instance, this is a tech blog and digital marketing we show users how to market themselves on the web. That is the thing that people expect when they visit our site.

#5. YOUR MEDIA REVIEW

Among the failed content evaluation tip is your media review. Content doesn’t generally need to resemble the post I’m doing now, boring old words on a page, particularly if you have heated competition in your search area.

Dress up your content by using video, pictures, infographics, downloadable MP3’s, audio, or downloadable PDFs, test templates or samples clients can interact with.

Make alternative versions of a similar content, for instance, a tutorial video, a how-to manual or a podcast a client can save on their gadgets. Offering alternative ways to connect with your content will run far with users in making you their preferred source of information.

#6. YOUR KEYWORDS REVIEW

Possibly you did your keyword research perhaps you didn’t. It doesn’t really make a matter now, your content sucks and Google analytics backs the claim.

Inquiry patterns change all the time to ensure the best keywords users would likely use are available and marked up inside your content. Keyword research and placement is 50% art and 50% graft form on the off chance that you slack on either its basically not going to function as well as it should work.

#7. YOUR TARGETING REVIEW

When you put the original piece together did you ever consider who your audience is? Is it for individuals undecided about your topic, want a brief introduction to the topic or undecided about your topic?

Once you choose who you need to target it will make reformatting your post a lot simpler. Much of the time, you can divide the original article into a series targeting different segments and get significantly more reach and legs out for a similar topic.

#8. LINK BUILDING EFFORTS REVIEWING

What number of links have you built to this content both externally and internally? If your response is none then what are you standing around for?

Begin promoting your content by finding significant pages on your site that you can add a link to the failed content piece and direct some traffic its way and in addition leverage some like value.

Source: https://akeentech.com/2018/05/failed-content-evaluation-tips/

1 Like

Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by Pabloosas(m): 7:16am On May 29, 2018
cool
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by DIYhackers: 7:17am On May 29, 2018
I agree with content length, at least 750 words
Send me a PM to learn blogging
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by ViaFast: 7:18am On May 29, 2018
grin grin

I Believe that the best way to Skyrocket your Website Traffic is to get an engagement Theme ...

Click here to see full list http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-themes/engaged-theme/
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by ednut1(m): 7:23am On May 29, 2018
Blogging don cast. Only a few are actually making money.
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by Ambi25: 7:24am On May 29, 2018
Ok
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by 9aiboard: 7:26am On May 29, 2018
The first question should be what you really sees as a failed content
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by bacalona: 7:31am On May 29, 2018
nice info
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by spdamibiz: 7:31am On May 29, 2018
ViaFast:
grin grin

I Believe that the best way to Skyrocket your Website Traffic is to get an engagement Theme ...

why deceiving to get traffic, this url lead to aproko gist, Stop trying too hard on nairaland, ppl here cannot leave nairaland for yr site, Why not get real followers from facebook instead

1 Like

Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 7:33am On May 29, 2018
ednut1:

The passionate and patient few
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 7:35am On May 29, 2018
DIYhackers:
I agree with content length, at least 750 words
Send me a PM to learn blogging
You may be right
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 7:37am On May 29, 2018
ViaFast:
grin grin

This is a very bad practice of you. You don't have to deceive people to get traffic broh.
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by DIYhackers: 7:44am On May 29, 2018
akeentech:

You may be right
I know I'm right. For my years in blogging knowing what Google wants as content length can't be wrong. I also know the longer the better because it makes Google sees you as an authority for the topic.

I know too much to think of a may be to my comments

1 Like

Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 7:47am On May 29, 2018
DIYhackers:

I know I'm right. For my years in blogging knowing what Google wants as content length can't be wrong. I also know the longer the better because it makes Google sees you as an authority for the topic.

I know too much to think of a may be to my comments

Another bad impression. A lengthy but duplicated content is nothing to write about
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by Nlearn: 7:51am On May 29, 2018
You Are On Point Bro

Contents are indeed the king

Hey Guys Get Our SEO MASTERCLASS HERE https://nairalearn.com/course/search-engine-seo-masterclass/

AND The Basic and Advanced SEO Start ranking your website on Google page one

Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by hennyholla17(m): 8:29am On May 29, 2018
Babs I think you are right. But keyword research is the most important. You can't keep writing posts nobody will read. I used to just write post but now I do keyword research. I ranked google first page in less than a week for "link micro niche to AdSense". techpanda.com.ng Also a little link juice can go a long way in ranking.
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by chinavs9ja(m): 8:47am On May 29, 2018
Good content is very important.

I am a good writer, check my signature if you need content for your blog
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by DIYhackers: 9:11am On May 29, 2018
akeentech:

Another bad impression. A lengthy but duplicated content is nothing to write about
Who's talking duplicated content? You obviously have a lot to learn.
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2018
hennyholla17:
Babs I think you are right. But keyword research is the most important. You can't keep writing posts nobody will read. I used to just write post but now I do keyword research. I ranked google first page in less than a week for "link micro niche to AdSense". techpanda.com.ng Also a little link juice can go a long way in ranking.

You are right, quality content and high rank keywords are what matter
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by Nobody: 11:35am On May 29, 2018
Alot of bloggers have good content but dont know SEO. Thats why they dont have the rankings the need.

1 Like

Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by deturla: 1:35pm On May 29, 2018
ednut1:

Go and sit down. Lazy bone.

Which blogging don cast?
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by deturla: 1:36pm On May 29, 2018
Budex40:
Alot of bloggers have good content but dont know SEO. Thats why they dont have the rankings the need.

Apt!
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On May 29, 2018
deturla:

Go and sit down. Lazy bone.

Which blogging don cast?
i was waiting for u. D blogging i dey talk about no ur own na. Na this nk copy and paste guys i dey talk. When u dey go nxt adventure sir.
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by Silvermoney: 7:17pm On May 29, 2018
I have 500 word posts that rank on first page, and I have a super 3000 cornerstone article that took me two full days to write but it's on the third page. So really, you can't say you fully decode Google's ranking algorithm.

Besides, length of time is important. I have a blog post that ranks on a very popular product in a super popular evergreen niche (Nigerian/Indian content sha). It took me three months after publishing the post to get to the first page.
Re: 8 Easy Ways To Evaluate Failed Content by akeentech(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2018
Silvermoney:
I have 500 word posts that rank on first page, and I have a super 3000 cornerstone article that took me two full days to write but it's on the third page. So really, you can't say you fully decode Google's ranking algorithm.

Besides, length of time is important. I have a blog post that ranks on a very popular product in a super popular evergreen niche (Nigerian/Indian content sha). It took me three months after publishing the post to get to the first page.

it depends on the keyword sometimes

(1) (Reply)

бесплатный Vps хостинг / Xenforo Vs Vbulletin - Which Of These Paid Forum Softwares Is The Better Choice? / Have You Heard Of This? For All Websites Owners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.