Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice (1251 Views)

Our Tenant Refuses To Vacate Our Apartment After About 10 Months Quit Notice! / Ghana Landlady Gives Female Nigerian Student Quit Notice Over Noise During Sex / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by omonla10(m): 8:17am On May 29, 2018
A cousin of mine was given quit notice 1 month ago and it expires in July.. His rent expires the same day..
He's not prepared to rent a house now due to financial reasons..

How long does he have to stay in order to raise funds to rent a new house
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:24am On May 29, 2018
3months
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by omonla10(m): 1:51pm On May 29, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
3months
OK thanks so much
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 29, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
3months

Just trying to educate myself.

So a tenant can legally occupy a unit 3 months after the vacate date?

Does he pay for those 3 months.

Thanks.
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by Oluwasaeon(m): 6:53pm On May 29, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Just trying to educate myself.

So a tenant can legally occupy a unit 3 months after the vacate date?

Does he pay for those 3 months.

Thanks.
No, he won't pay.
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 29, 2018
Oluwasaeon:

No, he won't pay.

Thank you.
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by ipeg34yahooco: 2:58pm On May 30, 2018
omonla10:
A cousin of mine was given quit notice 1 month ago and it expires in July.. His rent expires the same day..
He's not prepared to rent a house now due to financial reasons..

How long does he have to stay in order to raise funds to rent a new house

Hello,

A tenant can only be evicted by an order of the court,so until he is taken to court by the landlord and judgement delivered on the matter,any eviction will be illegal.

However, the fact that he is issued a quit notice does not mean a waiver not to pay his rent upon the expiration of his quit notice.He is required by law to pay for every day not covered by his subsisting tent .

I will advise he lets his landlord know his current financial position and maybe work out an arrangement that works for both of them.

1 Like

Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by omonla10(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2018
ipeg34yahooco:

Hello,

A tenant can only be evicted by an order of the court,so until he is taken to court by the landlord and judgement delivered on the matter,any eviction will be illegal.

However, the fact that he is issued a quit notice does not mean a waiver not to pay his rent upon the expiration of his quit notice.He is required by law to pay for every day not covered by his subsisting tent .

I will advise he lets his landlord know his current financial position and maybe work out an arrangement that works for both of them.
thanks so much.. I'll follow up as advised.
Re: How Long Should He Stay On Expiration Of Quit Notice by ipeg34yahooco: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
omonla10:
thanks so much.. I'll follow up as advised.

You are welcome

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month To You / Bituminous paint Black / Pearl Residences, Abijo, Lekki, Apartments Selling From N10m, Key In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.