Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,156 members, 7,807,522 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? (1292 Views)

Studying Psychology..... / I Have Bsc In Wildlife Can I Further My Masters In Psychology In The UK / My Mum Wants Me To Stop Psychology In School Due To Fear Of Madness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? by HorlaBanks: 12:44pm On May 29, 2018
A friend of mine just started as a freshman in a prestigious Nigerian university in order to study Psychology.I was dumbfounded when he told me probably because i don't know what it entails.
Please experienced people within and outside the field should please proffer accurate answers to these questions
1)Where can a psychologist REALLY work in Nigeria?
2)How difficult or easy is it to secure a job with a Bsc in Pschology in Nigeria(Lagos to be precise)
3)What are the pros and cons of studying psychology in Nigeria?

Thank you all in advance
Re: Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? by Pavore9: 7:55am On May 30, 2018
If one most get their bearing in the field of Psychology, he or she must go on for postgraduate studies and preferably outside Nigeria.

Based on experience of friends who are counselling psychologists if one goes on to specialize in the field of child and adolescent therapy and set up a private practice in a place like Lagos, I tell you clientele will not be an issue as high end private schools will sought the person out to psycho-educate their teachers on how to effectively relate with their students, Parents who are frustrated over their relationship with their young ones need the services of the Professional, young ones with maladaptive behaviours need the service also.

Psychotherapists charge per hour, at least here in Nairobi the minimum is about N10,000 for one-on-one therapy.

So, Horlabanks do google. BTH Wellness and Therapy Lekki and have an idea what it is all about.

1 Like

Re: Studying Psychology In Nigeria: What Are The Pros And Cons? by AlphaTaikun: 8:25pm On May 22, 2022
Pavore9:
If one most get their bearing in the field of Psychology, he or she must go on for postgraduate studies and preferably outside Nigeria.

Based on experience of friends who are counselling psychologists if one goes on to specialize in the field of child and adolescent therapy and set up a private practice in a place like Lagos, I tell you clientele will not be an issue as high end private schools will sought the person out to psycho-educate their teachers on how to effectively relate with their students, Parents who are frustrated over their relationship with their young ones need the services of the Professional, young ones with maladaptive behaviours need the service also.

Psychotherapists charge per hour, at least here in Nairobi the minimum is about N10,000 for one-on-one therapy.

So, Horlabanks do google. BTH Wellness and Therapy Lekki and have an idea what it is all about.

(1) (Reply)

Principal And Qualified Teachers Needed / Secure Admission For 2019/2020 Session With Accredited Universities In Cotonou / A Nigerian Girl Breaks 125 Years Old Record In Alvin School Texas Usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.