Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) (37216 Views)

BBC: I Have Sold Over 3,000 ‘fake’ Super Eagles’ Jerseys — Trader Brags / Get Your New Nigeria Super Eagles Jerseys And Customise Here @8K / Nigeria Super Eagles Jerseys All Sold Out – What's Really Happening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by uche87(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2018
As the FIFA World Cup for Russia draws nearer, many Nigerians are drumming support for the Super Eagles both in Nigeria and Russia.

Supporters have been purchasing jerseys en masse to show support for the national football team.

Mallam Shehu Dikko who is the 2nd Vice President and Chairman of NFF Marketing, Sponsorship and TV Rights Committee said; "the new Super Eagles' jersey will soon be in the markets all over the would including some Nike shops in different parts of Nigeria on the 29th of May, 2018"

But the production of the jerseys has taken a phoney twist as some individuals have circulated replicas around the market before the official release date by Nike.

The traders interviewed by the BBC Pidgin have bragged that sales of the fake jerseys have been explosive.

"I pray Nigeria reaches the finals. Once we make it to the finals of the world cup, I will import a container-load of jerseys for big sales" Obiora, a local trader from the South-eastern part of Nigeria said.

"I have been selling the Nigerian jerseys even before they were unveiled on the internet. All my customers have been going crazy about the jerseys. I have successfully sold more than 3,000 pieces so far" he added.

A BBC correspondent also spoke with other traders in the business of selling fake jerseys which the Nigeria Football Federation hasn't endorsed. One of the traders proudly rocking the replica jersey said his is original as he imported them from Thailand. The traders also help customers in cresting their names on the jerseys for a feee.

Another trader who called the replica jersey a 'top grade' said the price ranges from N7,000 to N10,000 per unit.

It would be recalled that TORI NEWS had earlier reported that most of the new Super Eagles jerseys in circulation are fake. Further checks revealed that Nigerians are indifferent about purchasing immitations. They believe the original one which costs $85 (N30,600) is too expensive for them.

One Twitter user identified as Iya Oni Jersey is also in the notorious business of selling fake Super Eagles jerseys for N15,000 per unit on the micro-blogging platform.

This act of Intellectual Property Theft and Copyright Abuse is criminal but it appears the society is comfortable with it. It remains unclear if the leadership of the NFF will take judicial actions against the traders of replica Super Eagles Jerseys.

Watch a video of Obiora, the trader and his colleagues bragging to journalist about importing fake jerseys for sale in Nigeria below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSwk2tnRgVw

Source: https://www.tori.ng/news/97628/traders-illegally-selling-fake-super-eagles-jersey.html

2 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by megafone: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
2nd FTC on better something! Na business naa, Nna.

8 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by TheAngry1: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
ok
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Interesting
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Deivid10(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by BlackHatNaija: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Obiora is definitely a good developer and a patriotic Nigerian. He wants the Jersey to reach every fan of the super eagles.

Why should I have to buy my country's football Jersey for over 30k. That's ridiculous!

202 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Hadeyeancah(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Hahaha, Aba boys
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Riogeese(m): 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Even NFF follow dey scam us... Hahaha cheesy smh

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Authoreety: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Good!
Ds tradersdeserve an accolade

Since our govt hav made up dia mind to make things hard for us...

How many lovers of football wld hav bn able to afford d 30k kit... ?

Abegee.. thunder go destroy anyone that sends police against ds guys...

Copyright ni pasteleft ko

9 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by lonelydora: 6:27pm On May 29, 2018
Crux of the matter is

Igbo amaka

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Adebaba1(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2018
this isn't fair

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by fecta: 6:28pm On May 29, 2018
Jersey that boys are producing in my backyard here,
No food for lazy man we have learnt to stop waiting for the government to give us jobs.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Olalan(m): 6:28pm On May 29, 2018
30,600 price tag for the original will make our industrious Aba brothers smile to the bank year cause majority of the supporters can't afford the original and would rather go for the imitation

19 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Metuh: 6:28pm On May 29, 2018
I remembered seeing 2 guys arguing about the release of the Original jersey here yesterday. grin

The truth is that MOST Nigerians can't and won't cough out 30k on a jersey.

23 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by obaival(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2018
Na d original u been wan sell b4

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Johnnyoungster(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2018
NFF and Nike are just foolish...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by BUHARImyDOG: 6:30pm On May 29, 2018
ABA AMAKA! IGBO AMAKA

16 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by SoNature(m): 6:31pm On May 29, 2018
Everything na business for naija grin

If u are not careful, Alaba boys will wax and release your song before u. Sometimes, they even do the remix while the original owner is still thinking of official launch date grin

Nigeria, I hail thee grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by prinsam30: 6:32pm On May 29, 2018
the hustle is real, keep it up guys
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Ayemileto(m): 6:33pm On May 29, 2018
Both original and fake are made in China. grin

40 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Swint: 6:33pm On May 29, 2018
Minimum wage is 18k and cost of the original Jersey is double that so I don’t blame the sellers or the buyers lol

18 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Mudley313: 6:33pm On May 29, 2018
I am in Europe here and there are low-grade national team jerseys everywhere although the only difference is that they are not exact replicas but even in Europe here not everyone can afford 80 euro plus for a soccer jersey talkless of in naija

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by kingarizona1(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2018
If the this one is 10k, how much will be the just released jersey! But fake or not I hail naija, we dey rep grin
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 29, 2018
$85 for ordinary jersey? Na wa oh!!!
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 29, 2018
Why am I suspecting this news?
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by OneCorner: 6:34pm On May 29, 2018
Igbos developing the economy grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by sirusX(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2018
Business is booming cheesy

Money must be made

6 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Suko110(m): 6:35pm On May 29, 2018
No time to check time. Ikechukwu over to you sir

6 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Shollay20(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2018
greediness.....

2 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Rekyz(m): 6:36pm On May 29, 2018
Igbo Anaka... tongue
Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by censeakay(m): 6:37pm On May 29, 2018
I have branded over 100 Nigeria jersey

4 Likes

Re: I Have Sold Over 3,000 Fake Super Eagles' Jerseys - Trader Tells BBC (video) by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:37pm On May 29, 2018
This is serious.
Anyway, all the best to the Super Eagles at the world cup.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moses Simon Constructs Roads, Drainage For Agatu Community In Benue State / Atletico Madrid Fans Protest Against Plans By Club To Sign Ronaldo / Pinnick Wanted To Kick Out Ahmad, CAF President — But His Plans Backfired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.